Queen Noor: News Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been a transcript released yet of Noor's appearance on Larry King? Ususally there is one released a day or two after the appearance. While you can't see facial reactions, you can at least read word for word what Noor had to say about the Hamzah situation and other things.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Yes Noor is much thinner.
btw...I think I've posted pretty much all the screen caps of the interview. There are several more pics but they're all we've seen before, from the wedding of Prince Felipe for example. Still, if anyone wants to see them, let me know.

oh please post those too.

thank you,
Eliza

Genevieve said:
Has there been a transcript released yet of Noor's appearance on Larry King? Ususally there is one released a day or two after the appearance. While you can't see facial reactions, you can at least read word for word what Noor had to say about the Hamzah situation and other things.

here you go.....

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Okay the transcript is online.
I hope everyone checks it out. The interview did cover a range of subjects including politics, family, royalty etc.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0504/13/lkl.01.html

-Eliza

Reina said:
Well I kind of think that PHashim is studying in Japan

I think you may be right tho...

Reina said:
Plus would they let a girl study in Japan all alone?

tho...i don't see why she can't go study alone in Japan

Reina said:
Anyway I wish her hair was lighter. But she did seem more real though.

actually I liked her hair darker

Reina said:
Is her necklace the evil eye?

yes, I think it is.

-Eliza

maryshawn said:
I saw it again today and she looked more tired than anything. She also seems exceedingly thin in her face. It is hard to discern from the still photos but that sparkle in her eyes--which she had even when appearing on Larry King just three months after King Hussein's death--was not as apparent. Regarding her home, she seems to be downsizing from the estate they had to the next home she rented to wherever she is now. Makes sense given the fact she is traveling so much, I suppose. But "home" has always been a difficult subject for her. Years ago, after Hussein's death she said she hadn't grown up in a normal "home"--given her father's career moves--and her family life with Hussein wasn't "normal" either. I suspect she likes the Washington DC area as her sister, who is also her best friend, lives there. And it does afford her proximity to her children; all of whom seem to have attended schools on the East Coast. She is a very gracious person. It has to be tough being Queen for many years than trying to carve out a new role in your late 40s and 50s. I give her a lot of credit. Kind of reminds me of the old adage "it's tough being poor; even tougher to be poor having been rich." Money isn't the issue but having to step aside from power and the prestige of being Queen would be tough for anyone. Noor is handling it better than most, in my opinion.

Mary, she's strong, not every woman could have managed to keep a man like KH by her side, had he not died, they would have stayed a couple for many years til the death of 1 of them, not even QA could have done it, he would have got tired of her, eventually..... but not of a woman as Noor, she's the 1 who's smart, not really QR, ( I do think QR is not that smart as ppl think) - QN is an intelligent woman who can deal any situation, she's shown the world she can......:) ;) ;) :cool:

I also noticed that she looked surprise and don't know how to answer when LK asked her about Hamzha .
and I was realy wait to see new pictures for her with her children :(

it seemed that she worked very hard to insure that her son will be the crown prince before her husband died , personally I think that didn't help her to be in good relation with her husband children , maybe some of them didn't like her before and this move from her increased their negative feeling about her .

She looks magnificent for a 50+year old. The reason she gives for her long lasting beauty is a wonderful one. But then again, I'm just judging this from the pictures I saw and have not actually watched the actual interview itself. So before I can agree what maryshawn is saying I'll have to take a look at the video itself first.

elizahawthorne said:
oh please post those too.

thank you,
Eliza

ok, here they are.

Attachments

• 7b.jpg
    7b.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 7ab.jpg
    7ab.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 7f.jpg
    7f.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 7d.jpg
    7d.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 119
  • 7e.jpg
    7e.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 122
  • 7ha.jpg
    7ha.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 7i.jpg
    7i.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 7jb.jpg
    7jb.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 7kb.jpg
    7kb.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 126
  • 7m.jpg
    7m.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 124
some more............

Attachments

• 3ma.jpg
    3ma.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 133
  • 3mc.jpg
    3mc.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 149
  • 3f.JPG
    3f.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 116
  • 3md.jpg
    3md.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 4e.jpg
    4e.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 4f.jpg
    4f.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 4g.jpg
    4g.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 4h.jpg
    4h.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 4i.jpg
    4i.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 137
some older pics I forgot to post before

Attachments

• 3vb.jpg
    3vb.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 3v.jpg
    3v.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 3vc.jpg
    3vc.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 3vd.jpg
    3vd.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 5a.JPG
    5a.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 5b.JPG
    5b.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 172
  • 5c.JPG
    5c.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 3q.jpg
    3q.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 129
  • 3qb.jpg
    3qb.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 124
and some more.....

Attachments

• 3e.JPG
    3e.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 125
  • 3eb.jpg
    3eb.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 3df.jpg
    3df.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 3dd.JPG
    3dd.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 131
  • 3da.JPG
    3da.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 3dc.JPG
    3dc.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 2ub.jpg
    2ub.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 2t.jpg
    2t.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 2tb.jpg
    2tb.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 2spain.jpg
    2spain.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 142
tipper said:
Mary, she's strong, not every woman could have managed to keep a man like KH by her side, had he not died, they would have stayed a couple for many years til the death of 1 of them, not even QA could have done it, he would have got tired of her, eventually

It's anybody's guess to say whom KH would have stayed married to....I think it's kind of unfair to say that KH would have tired of QA, and left her eventually. We won't know that since Alia and KH's marriage was cut short, tragically.

I think its difficult to speculate about what ifs. Even with Queen Noor, there were rumours of tensions in the marriage and that King Hussein's eye was wandering. It was mentioned in Noor's A&E biography. That after the 10 year mark, like many marriages, their marriage was in some difficulty. I think what really kept them together and brought them closer was KH's cancer. KH realized what an asset Noor was to him, both as a wife and Queen. Im sure he loved her more after that.

From Hello: http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/04/14/queennoor/

QUEEN NOOR REVEALS SECRET OF HER HAPPINESS

14 APRIL 2005

Jordan's much-loved Queen Noor has been talking candidly about her life with King Hussein and the challenges she has faced since he passed away. The glamorous royal, who is currently in the US promoting the paperback edition of her autobiography, told CNN presenter Larry King that helping others was the source of both her happiness and her beauty.

When the veteran interviewer asked how she managed to maintain her age-defying good looks, the 53-year-old said a meaningful life, rather than fancy creams or diets, was the secret. "I try to keep healthy, but whatever I have about me is probably the result of trying to work from my heart, true to my conscience and to focus my efforts outside myself," she explained. "There is a glow about people who live for something bigger than themselves."

King Hussein's widow, who is still single six years after her husband's death, also affirmed that she wasn't looking for anyone new. "I have great friends, men and women, but there's been no romantic magic since my husband," she confessed. "There was a real magic with King Hussein, for all the ups and downs of our lives, that was pretty unique and special. You don't look for that – it finds you."

Asked if she had any message for Britain's royal newlyweds, Noor expressed her hopes for Charles and Camilla's marriage: "I wish them all the happiness in the world. It can be rare and fleeting and I pray that they will know it."

1. The Jordanian royal, who was born in the US, spoke openly about the challenges of adjusting to life in the Middle East. "There was a real magic with King Hussein, for all the ups and downs of our lives, that was pretty unique and special," she said

2. Noor also offered a message of congratulations to Britain's royal newlyweds Charles and Camilla

Attachments

• 0006.jpg
    0006.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 0007.jpg
    0007.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 123
Thanks for posting the transcipt of the interview with Larry King, it was VERY INTERESTING!!! The fact that she avoided talking about 'First Decree' when in Nov 04 KA announced that Hamzah was no longer CP says alot.

Yes, apparantly there have been tensions within the family, but who know!! What really outraged me about the interview was the fact that QN said:

NOOR: King Abdullah has not talked to me about that. And so I still - I don't know. I can't answer that question.

When she was asked about the situation of Hamzah's removal as CP - i personally feel very upset for her. How could KA treat her like that? His fathers widow, its disgusting!!!

I also find it sad that she still affectively has no roots. She's living out of a suitcase, her children are at uni - it's like she's all alone. What do u all think!! I think she should remarry definitely. I mean she was only what 47 when KH died - so she should.

I feel she's been 'pushed' out of Jordan, i know there's not much of a role for her there but still. She was Queen b4 Rania, every1 in the JRF should treat her with a bit more respect!! She's an intelligent and beautiful woman.

Some1 mentioned that she had an office in NY. Does she have1 in Jordan, does any1 know? If she doesn't then that says alot i feel about family relations. I read an interview with Noor in 2003 or 04 where she said that she travelled to Jordan once a month. I wonder if she goes there regularly still. The interview was with the Washington Post, it's been posted in this very discussion thread. It's the second one.

Amina said:
Thanks for posting the transcipt of the interview with Larry King, it was VERY INTERESTING!!! The fact that she avoided talking about 'First Decree' when in Nov 04 KA announced that Hamzah was no longer CP says alot.

Yes, apparantly there have been tensions within the family, but who know!! What really outraged me about the interview was the fact that QN said:

NOOR: King Abdullah has not talked to me about that. And so I still - I don't know. I can't answer that question.

When she was asked about the situation of Hamzah's removal as CP - i personally feel very upset for her. How could KA treat her like that? His fathers widow, its disgusting!!!

I also find it sad that she still affectively has no roots. She's living out of a suitcase, her children are at uni - it's like she's all alone. What do u all think!! I think she should remarry definitely. I mean she was only what 47 when KH died - so she should.

I feel she's been 'pushed' out of Jordan, i know there's not much of a role for her there but still. She was Queen b4 Rania, every1 in the JRF should treat her with a bit more respect!! She's an intelligent and beautiful woman.

Some1 mentioned that she had an office in NY. Does she have1 in Jordan, does any1 know? If she doesn't then that says alot i feel about family relations. I read an interview with Noor in 2003 or 04 where she said that she travelled to Jordan once a month. I wonder if she goes there regularly still. The interview was with the Washington Post, it's been posted in this very discussion thread. It's the second one.

As far as being pushed out of Jordan goes, maybe she's just stepped aside so the new king and queen can carve their own niche, tho I think KA and QR could definitely benefit from her expertise and P Hamzah's, it could also be a possibility that since most of her kids are studying in the US, she just likes being close to them so she spends most of her time there.

I think what she meant by living out of a suitcase is that she travels a lot, I mean it's not like she doesn't have a home, according to the LKL interview I believe she said she has a small place in D.C. --she just travels a lot, you know to give speeches, do book tours etc.

She's a woman of many virtues and has contributed to the betterment of Jordan's society in her own right as did her husband...she's still, I believe, quite active in promoting Jordan and continuing to help her people (the Jordanians).

Amina said:
How could KA treat her like that? His fathers widow, its disgusting!!!

I don't understand, treat her like how exactly? Please clarify. Thanks

--------------

Not only does she have an office in Jordan, but she also has a home there, but apparently she doesn't visit Jordan much anymore (spends most of her time in the US close to her kids), tho she is there periodically I believe-someone else may have better info on that aspect...I didn't know she had an office in NY does anyone have the address?

Cheers,
Eliza

Amina said:

Amina, in this Forum there are some ppl who just can't stand QN, so u'll so often hear "she's manipulative", a "scheming woman", whose son was named CP only 'cos she did want him to be- as KH was a kinda of dumb, and we all tend to forget Hamzah was the most loved of his own kin ,by - sure, he himself, KH, he wanted his pref child to be King one day- so, when I hear ppl who pretend not to understand -in which way she was pushed aside of Jordan- "clarify":confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: , OMG, is there still anything to clarify- I wonder, if one does like f.i. Ali and Hayah, does it mean u must be against QN and Hamzah ??????? isn't that so childish, I got tired of this silly game-

tipper said:
Amina, in this Forum there are some ppl who just can't stand QN, so u'll so often hear "she's manipulative", a "scheming woman", whose son was named CP only 'cos she did want him to be- as KH was a kinda of dumb, and we all tend to forget Hamzah was the most loved of his own kin ,by - sure, he himself, KH, he wanted his pref child to be King one day- so, when I hear ppl who pretend not to understand -in which way she was pushed aside of Jordan- "clarify":confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: , OMG, is there still anything to clarify- I wonder, if one does like f.i. Ali and Hayah, does it mean u must be against QN and Hamzah ??????? isn't that so childish, I got tired of this silly game-

I just found out Hamzah's office is not actually working, as for QN's office, I know she used to have it, that was be4e, of course.....

Ok...I am perplexed about some things. During KH's marriage she wasn't that close to her kids was she? It seems she was pretty content on having them attend boarding school and her doing her duties. Maybe I am wrong, but why does she want to be close to her kids now?

Reina I think she was realy busy and that normal as a Queen , and now she not that busy and she also don't have a man in her life to be honest I hope she will marry again I don't see any wrong of that .

Reina said:
Ok...I am perplexed about some things. During KH's marriage she wasn't that close to her kids was she? It seems she was pretty content on having them attend boarding school and her doing her duties. Maybe I am wrong, but why does she want to be close to her kids now?

well i think she loves her children very much everytime and not because of KH's dead.
and i think they always wanted the best education for their children.i think she was and is always missing them.

some women don't have the 'mommy gene'. there are some women who can get on the floor and play with the kids, read bedtime stories, bake cupcakes and instill good discipline. and then there are others who think these things are best left to the professionals.

maybe qnoor is one of the 'professional' type. no reason screwing up the kiddos because you are personally not very maternal.

just an idea.

Yeah. you all are most likely right. I am glad that they have some place to go, be fed, do their laundry, get burped and sent back out into the real world (that was not her exact quote, but one gets the jist).

The Difficulties of Being Noor

I was talking to someone who gave a very good explanation for Noor's complex relationships with her children and, perhaps, Hussein's children from earlier marriages. She had/has very complicated relationships with her own parents and had a challenging upbringing, to say the least. Her father was very much on the career fast-track throughout his life and doesn't seem like he was all that devoted to his family--so there was a lot of moving around, no sense of permanency, and he eventually left his wife for another woman. Her mother seems like she had to bottle a lot of her own frustrations and showed her anger by getting upset over rather trivial things like Noor's fascination with her Arab roots over her Swedish ones. Noor was the one who revealed that in an interview in VF and in her book. Najeeb Halaby, by her account, was a driven man and drove his own children--particularly his eldest, Noor--incessantly. Her "fascination with her Arab roots" may have stemmed, in part, from her desire to please him. This constant need to please is very hard. Interestingly enough, both of our "American royals," Grace and Noor, had fathers whose favor they couldn't seem to win, both as children and as adults. Both came from what can only be described as cold, judgemental and sometimes harsh families.

I'm not a psychologist but those dynamics would have to make it hard to trust and bond normally with kids, spouses, friends, anyone.....as you feel you can never be fully yourself because, deep down, you've been brought up to believe nothing you do is good enough resulting in a constant struggle for acceptance. That may explain why she won't speak her mind on matters like her son's being passed over in the succession. Yes, it's good politics but it was, it had to have been hurtful. I wish she would have said just that much to Larry King the other night. "It had to have hurt?" he asked her. Why not simply say "yes." That's a normal personal emotion people can empathize with. But to admit such a thing was not acceptable with her parents--and therefore would not be something she would allow herself to say--or maybe even feel. She's very adept at distancing herself from troubling emotions.

At an age when many women report they are satisfied with their lives, she doesn't appear to be all that happy in hers. She crafted a life in Jordan and I think she could not have envisioned it coming to an end and what would happen when it did end. Of all her homes, she said her happiest times were in Aqaba. She has lost that home. I think she genuinely wanted to help people in Jordan. The degree to which she can do that has been stifled--whether out of wilingness to step aside and give King Abdullah and Queen Rania center stage or because she feels unwelcome. In the beginning, she tried to reach out to King Hussein's children from his other marriages and was repeatedly snubbed by some of them. That had to have been a blow to someone who describes herself as an "idealist" and came into the marriage believing she could pull everyone together and "be a real family". You can only offer yourself up so many times if it results in feelings of rejection. It says something--to me--that Prince Feisal, who I respect greatly as he seems a very kind man, maintains contact with her and participated in her book. Abir, as well. Both seem to have their heads on straight and would not want to have much to do with her if she were a monster.

She is beautiful, poised, possesses exquisite manners, is diplomatically savvy and yet seemingly lacks the skills needed to be a close mother and friend. Her close friend, Marion Freeman is quoted as saying "she's played the role [of Queen] for so long, in many ways she has become the role." Now that that role has been set aside, from where do you draw your identity? I respect her so much--for many reasons. I wish she would find greater personal happiness and closer bonds with her children would be the logical choice. Her ability to do so, given all she was taught as a child, makes that difficult, if not impossible. So she keeps her whirlwind schedule, traveling constantly and putting on a good face because she wants to or because she doesn't know what else to do?

Has anyone heard if Suzanne Finstad's biography of Noor will be coming out soon? She's a good writer and, while empathetic toward Noor, would present a factual account. It was intriguing to hear her speak of Noor's reaction to her husband's infatuation or whatever it was with the journalist before he was diagnosed with cancer: "She was clearly struggling but somehow managed to hold her head high publicly. One on one, the pain she was holding inside was evident. Her words were not as carefully put and she seemed dazed, bewildered and wounded." I hope that book will be published. I suspect it was set aside when Noor wrote her own book--but it may still see the light of day. If it's as well-researched as Finstad's book on Natalie Wood, it would be an excellent read on Noor.

maryshawn said:
I was talking to someone who gave a very good explanation for Noor's complex relationships with her children and, perhaps, Hussein's children from earlier marriages. She had/has very complicated relationships with her own parents and had a challenging upbringing, to say the least. Her father was very much on the career fast-track throughout his life and doesn't seem like he was all that devoted to his family--so there was a lot of moving around, no sense of permanency, and he eventually left his wife for another woman. Her mother seems like she had to bottle a lot of her own frustrations and showed her anger by getting upset over rather trivial things like Noor's fascination with her Arab roots over her Swedish ones. Noor was the one who revealed that in an interview in VF and in her book. Najeeb Halaby, by her account, was a driven man and drove his own children--particularly his eldest, Noor--incessantly. Her "fascination with her Arab roots" may have stemmed, in part, from her desire to please him. This constant need to please is very hard. Interestingly enough, both of our "American royals," Grace and Noor, had fathers whose favor they couldn't seem to win, both as children and as adults. Both came from what can only be described as cold, judgemental and sometimes harsh families.

I'm not a psychologist but those dynamics would have to make it hard to trust and bond normally with kids, spouses, friends, anyone.....as you feel you can never be fully yourself because, deep down, you've been brought up to believe nothing you do is good enough resulting in a constant struggle for acceptance. That may explain why she won't speak her mind on matters like her son's being passed over in the succession. Yes, it's good politics but it was, it had to have been hurtful. I wish she would have said just that much to Larry King the other night. "It had to have hurt?" he asked her. Why not simply say "yes." That's a normal personal emotion people can empathize with. But to admit such a thing was not acceptable with her parents--and therefore would not be something she would allow herself to say--or maybe even feel. She's very adept at distancing herself from troubling emotions.

At an age when many women report they are satisfied with their lives, she doesn't appear to be all that happy in hers. She crafted a life in Jordan and I think she could not have envisioned it coming to an end and what would happen when it did end. Of all her homes, she said her happiest times were in Aqaba. She has lost that home. I think she genuinely wanted to help people in Jordan. The degree to which she can do that has been stifled--whether out of wilingness to step aside and give King Abdullah and Queen Rania center stage or because she feels unwelcome. In the beginning, she tried to reach out to King Hussein's children from his other marriages and was repeatedly snubbed by some of them. That had to have been a blow to someone who describes herself as an "idealist" and came into the marriage believing she could pull everyone together and "be a real family". You can only offer yourself up so many times if it results in feelings of rejection. It says something--to me--that Prince Feisal, who I respect greatly as he seems a very kind man, maintains contact with her and participated in her book. Abir, as well. Both seem to have their heads on straight and would not want to have much to do with her if she were a monster.

She is beautiful, poised, possesses exquisite manners, is diplomatically savvy and yet seemingly lacks the skills needed to be a close mother and friend. Her close friend, Marion Freeman is quoted as saying "she's played the role [of Queen] for so long, in many ways she has become the role." Now that that role has been set aside, from where do you draw your identity? I respect her so much--for many reasons. I wish she would find greater personal happiness and closer bonds with her children would be the logical choice. Her ability to do so, given all she was taught as a child, makes that difficult, if not impossible. So she keeps her whirlwind schedule, traveling constantly and putting on a good face because she wants to or because she doesn't know what else to do?

Has anyone heard if Suzanne Finstad's biography of Noor will be coming out soon? She's a good writer and, while empathetic toward Noor, would present a factual account. It was intriguing to hear her speak of Noor's reaction to her husband's infatuation or whatever it was with the journalist before he was diagnosed with cancer: "She was clearly struggling but somehow managed to hold her head high publicly. One on one, the pain she was holding inside was evident. Her words were not as carefully put and she seemed dazed, bewildered and wounded." I hope that book will be published. I suspect it was set aside when Noor wrote her own book--but it may still see the light of day. If it's as well-researched as Finstad's book on Natalie Wood, it would be an excellent read on Noor.

:(
yes thats my opinion too about noor!
i think the same,surely we dont know.
but i think she had a hard and sad life and tried to make a happy family.i really think shes a sensitive and lovely woman.and i hope so too that she will feel better with the time. :)

maryshawn said:
She had/has very complicated relationships with her own parents and had a challenging upbringing, to say the least. Najeeb Halaby, by her account, was a driven man and drove his own children--particularly his eldest, Noor--incessantly.
I concur with much of what you say, MS. I think what it comes down to for QN is that it's difficult for her to give to her own children what she herself was not given. How can anyone give away something that was never given to her in the first place?

She's very adept at distancing herself from troubling emotions.
Agree. And the corollary to this is that she's also good at creating the illusion that all is well when, clearly, it is not.

She crafted a life in Jordan and I think she could not have envisioned it coming to an end and what would happen when it did end.
But this I find odd. She came into her position through marriage and so, it seems to me, she could've easily predicted she would lose it when her marriage ended. KH was 16 years older than her. I think most women in that position would've given a lot of thought to what they would do with themselves in the event of a long widowhood.

I wish she would find greater personal happiness and closer bonds with her children would be the logical choice. Her ability to do so, given all she was taught as a child, makes that difficult, if not impossible. So she keeps her whirlwind schedule, traveling constantly and putting on a good face because she wants to or because she doesn't know what else to do?
Personally, I think she maintains a heavy travel schedule in part because it allows her to feel busy and productive without really having to deal with the people in her life on a deep, meaningful level. I've seen her a couple times in recent months, and both times she looked bone weary. She had on her game face, but her eyes looked dead. I don't think she's a happy, fulfilled woman, but I hope I'm wrong about that. :(

Thaniks for your analysis maryshawn. I guess it is good that she travels alot in order to spread her message. But I wish that she would find as much pleasure (if she doesn't) in just relaxing and enjoying life. That is productive too. But maybe she feels if she does that than she won't feel important anymore.

How do others (particularly in the JRF) feel about PFaisal being nice to QN? He nad PAlia and also PGhida and Talal are very nice to her.

Noor: Life After Hussein

You are so right about it being important to just relax and enjoy yourself! More people should realize the value of it. Some people, Noor perhaps being one of them, rely on incessant activity as they can't bear to have downtime and the resultant quiet. Too painful to be alone with one's thoughts.

I wanted to clarify the point about Noor not being ready or prepared for life after KH. Perhaps she thought she was but the life she'd envisioned didn't turn out as she'd imagined. Reality seldom lives up to the expectations of fantasies. She also told an interviewer right after his death she'd imagined they would have another 15 or 20 years together. I'm not in her head but I took that at face value and went on to extrapolate on my own that by that time Hamzah would have been mature enough and suitably prepared to be King. That would make Noor Queen Mother--a far more advantageous position to be in. She would have been 60-ish and the path might have seemed a lot clearer as, for one thing, her role would have been more firmly entrenched in Jordan. She's kind of at the "awkward age" with many productive years ahead of her and I would think she is asking herself about what she is going to do with her time and talents. That seems to be the big dilemma for her. Eventually, the book tour will come to an end--and then what?

I credit a lot of the weariness others and I see in her lately to signs of some internal struggle regarding what to do with the next chapter of her life--particularly since the first ones revolved around trying to please others--her father, her husband, her new country,..... What does a Queen in name only do for an encore? She might take a page from Jacqueline Kennedy's book and return to a private life engaged in the activities she'd learned in college and surrounded by one's children. I thought one author's description of Mrs. Kennedy's last 20 years was wonderful--and relevant: Jackie struggled to recapture her old life with all the power and glory, only to discover that the key to her happiness lay where she least expected to find it--in the simple pleasures of family, friendship, work and nature."

Mary, QN looks a very lonely woman, I think she learnt during the 21 years she lived in Jordan as a Queen, not to disclose her real feelings to media and to ppl outside of the RF- have u heard KA when he dismissed Hamzah or Ham's reply to KA, they all seem to have an obsessive fear that anything, even the slightest and less important thing about their Family, could be disclosed to media or to ppl outside their Family ,- I think QN is trying not to upset KA more than he is already, at least he looks quite mad at her and at Hamzah- she doesn't want to stir any more trouble and to lead KA to the decision that nor she nor her kids can visit Jordan anymore- well, that's what I think, I may be wrong, of course......:) ;) :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom