The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Aristocracy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
btw...it would be interesting to see if Larry King brings up the issue of Prince Hamzah losing his CP title and how Noor will respond.

If so, i'll surely look at QN on LK's program.... hope she gives Larry a straight reply, not at all as she does when she's asked about her kids, do u know I read, back in '99 or 2'000, that her PR used to stop any interviewer to ask about her kids to QN, above all - no questions at all to HM about her son Hamzah- isn't that a bit weird ?

Old 04-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Nobility

the blurb said that she can take calls during the LKL program, does anyone know the number?

-Eliza

Old 04-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Nobility

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
If so, i'll surely look at QN on LK's program.... hope she gives Larry a straight reply, not at all as she does when she's asked about her kids, do u know I read, back in '99 or 2'000, that her PR used to stop any interviewer to ask about her kids to QN, above all - no questions at all to HM about her son Hamzah- isn't that a bit weird ?
wow, I assume she has her reasons for not wanting to talk about her kids. I mean it's a matter of their privacy, I think it is easier to tell interviewers beforehand what questions should be avoided rather than her answering every question with " no comments "...I think it's just a privacy issue that's all.

-Eliza
Old 04-13-2005, 07:53 AM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizahawthorne
wow, I assume she has her reasons for not wanting to talk about her kids. I mean it's a matter of their privacy, I think it is easier to tell interviewers beforehand what questions should be avoided rather than her answering every question with " no comments "...I think it's just a privacy issue that's all.

-Eliza

wel, as a mother I can assure u that every mum is even eager to talk about her kids, expecially about her own, whose she can be proud of, I wonder what are their reasons, privacy, we are so often, in my opinion, hiding ourselves behind this new 21th century word alot......:)
Old 04-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Serene Highness

Noor on CNN

Thank you to everyone re: Noor interview tonight. I look forward to seeing it and will try to tape, as well. Larry King is very deferential to her--or was during past interviews--so what will be allowed for discussion is anyone's guess. I think he has to ask her about the succession change though and, given her announcement at time it occured and fact she did not mention Abdullah by name--she may well say something interesting about it. She's always politically savvy but this change was such a personal blow in that it not only impacted the future of her eldest child but also directly countermanded the wishes of her late husband....ought to be fascinating to see how she handles the question if it is asked.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

What time is the program?
Old 04-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
What time is the program?
larry king on cnn - at 3 and 11 oclock - but i think thats europe time. i dont really know - i think maybe this evening at nine o clock new york time?
Old 04-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
larry king on cnn - at 3 and 11 oclock - but i think thats europe time. i dont really know - i think maybe this evening at nine o clock new york time?

3 and 11 am, or pm ????? when, which day ? thanx-:) :)
Old 04-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
i think a.m! so in 8 hours i think - when im right - today!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
is it today ?
Old 04-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
is it today ?
yes 13th april in the states and 14th april in europe.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Royal Highness

On the east coast it is on at 9PM and then again at midnight tonight.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Royal Highness

Cool I will definitely watch it then.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Nobility

On Larry King she looks really lovely. I like her hair like this, a little darker.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Its been a lovely interview so far. Some of the footage I've never seen before.
When talking about Princess Noor, the Queen said "I love her" and "she has been wonderful for my son" and that she looks at her as her third daughter.
Very sweet
Old 04-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Its been wonderful to see her speak well of King Abdullah and Queen Rania as well. With the rumours of rifts and tension, its been nice to see her praise them. There was no hesitation on her part or the feeling that she was putting on a show. She also mentioned that she and Rania keep in touch. Larry King did ask her about the rumours of a rift between the two and Noor basically said that she wasnt aware of anything like that.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

"wasn't aware"? The answer would have been, no, of course not--unless there is a rift. . .
Old 04-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Gentry

I think Q. noor was just polite, professional and careful in her answers especially towards rania and ka. After all, they are on more power for now.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:51 PM
Serene Highness

Noor on Larry King

Noor does look lovely but seemed a bit tense or tired. I expect a book tour--and this is round 2--might do that to one. She did speak very warmly of her children and called her daughter in law "like one of my own children." And she spoke well of King Abdullah and Queen Rania and denied any rift. She did seem to recoil a bit when Larry King asked her about the change in succession and what drove it. She said KA had not spoken with her about it and then immediately stated all of her children have the opportunity to serve their countries in many ways. But her face when he first brought it up seemed to reflect a number of emotions--to the extent that Larry said "it must have hurt." Compared to her other interviews with Larry King, she really did not seem as comfortable and relaxed but those were taped; this was live with questions from callers. That might also have made a difference. I'm curious if anyone else who saw it all had a similar impression. The most poignant remarks came at the end when he asked her about her social life and dating and she--I'm not using her exact words--said something to the effect what she had with Hussein was magic and "you can't find that; it finds you". She seemed her most relaxed during those final moments. Before that, I felt she seemed brittle, for lack of a better term. All in all, it was one of the more insightful and revealing interviews as she didn't seem to be trying so hard to project only the most positive face as she always had in the past. These are not meant as criticisms in anyway; in fact, I admire her even more as she seemed more "real." Again, would love to hear what others thought about her general demeanor.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Serene Highness

Any Additions to Paperback Version?

Forgot to ask if anyone has read paperback version of Noor's book. Sometimes, if it has been awhile between publication of hardcover and paperback, the author will add an update. I wonder if Noor provided one in the new release. Does anyone know?