The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
he doesnt look like anorexic - never!
i agree - hes thin - thats right - no matter!
but not anorexic.than hashim looks more anorexic than hamza....

mh dont know if he looks unhappy.the last pictures always were from events where you dont have to laugh i think.
we shouldnt interprate too much only because he lost the title.he has his wife and he loves her - and he has his siblings and his mother.he has other things that make him happy.
I don't think Emily stresses on the fact that he looks like this because he lost the title,I think she meant something else. I understand you Emily,but let's not jump into conclusions,I am sure he's probably just tired and it has nothing to do with his personal life or even "political" life. ONly time will tell and I have a feeling we might hear some news about him soon.

Old 09-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
I don't think Emily stresses on the fact that he looks like this because he lost the title,I think she meant something else. I understand you Emily,but let's not jump into conclusions,I am sure he's probably just tired and it has nothing to do with his personal life or even "political" life. ONly time will tell and I have a feeling we might hear some news about him soon.
okey - but he doesnt really seem tired to me even he doesnt laugh so much on the last pictures.but maybe im wrong.
oh and i have to add - unhealthy thin is queen ranja^^ well its not the right thread - but we are talking about so....
but we will see what the time brings....

Old 09-22-2005, 01:46 AM
Nobility

Question

Quote:
well, u know, KH has told him many times, read QN's bio for this, that he, Ham ,was to be his heir, he didn't want to study at Harrow, he was home- sick, but both KH and QN told him he had to, he was only 14 at the time, as he was to be the future King, that's what QN writes in her bio, what do u think he feels now that he's a no1, with no future ahead of him ? he's a stranger in his own country, how should he feel ? I can't c why his wife is always so cheerful in public, how come is she so happy, can't she c her hubby is so upset , he doesn't know what to do with his life, now, he's got a degree, KA doesn't want him around, maybe he should teach in a US University......... his future is not in Jordan.He must start again in US.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily62_1
well, u know, KH has told him many times, read QN's bio for this, that he, Ham ,was to be his heir, he didn't want to study at Harrow, he was home- sick, but both KH and QN told him he had to, he was only 14 at the time, as he was to be the future King, that's what QN writes in her bio, what do u think he feels now that he's a no1, with no future ahead of him ? he's a stranger in his own country, how should he feel ? I can't c why his wife is always so cheerful in public, how come is she so happy, can't she c her hubby is so upset , he doesn't know what to do with his life, now, he's got a degree, KA doesn't want him around, maybe he should teach in a US University......... his future is not in Jordan.He must start again in US.
well thats looking at the bright side of things!
Not everyone in this world can be crown prince or king. But Hamzah is fortunate enough to be a prince, he has wealth, health, a good education and a wife. How can you ask if he is "no1, with no future ahead of him"?
Prince Hamzah can be whatever he wants, do whatever he likes, he can still serve his country. Infact many would say that now he has more freedom. If things were different he'd still be crown prince, would work hard for his role for years to come and in the end would've quite likely lost his title once Prince Hussein was older. Isnt it better that he knows now when he's still very young and can deal with the disappointment and plan what he wants to do with the rest of his life?

How do you know KA doesnt want him around? Infact KA has said that he wants Hamzah to assume more responsibilities, albeit withouth the CP title. To say that Hamzah has no future in Jordan is to say that he has nothing to contribute.You're basically making assumptions based on what you think he should do.
But if you really knew P.Hamzah, have heard him speak of his role, you'd know he's very proud of where he comes from and he truly wants to serve his family and country. He wont abandon it just because he's not the CP anymore. Prince Hassan lost his CP title too, after decades of service, whereas Hamzah had been CP for only 5 years or so. But did Prince Hassan leave Jordan because he wasnt CP anymore? No. Because serving one's country isnt just about titles.
Everytime you write about Hamzah you mention he's unhappy. Is losing the CP title the end of the world? If it doesnt bother him as much then it shouldn't bother you. I have seen pictures of him recently and he doesnt seem unhappy to me. He's just a serious sort of person. It doesnt mean that he's miserable or feeling sorry for himself. So maybe you should stop feeling sorry for him too.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
maybe you have a problem with the fact that he lost the title - more than he has?!
i dont know if he has - but i think there are enough things that makes him happy - even he lost the title!
so i cannot understand why his wife shouldnt laugh?!
and hes no stranger in his own country.do you live there?
he grew up there - thats his FIRST HOME - and his siblings are there and so on.
ask jordanians what they think about.but its his home-country.
i think he is and was sad about loosing the title.but for sure - his wife - his mother - his siblings are care for him that he doesnt get depressed or something else.they love each other.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
maybe you have a problem with the fact that he lost the title - more than he has?!
i dont know if he has - but i think there are enough things that makes him happy - even he lost the title!
so i cannot understand why his wife shouldnt laugh?!
and hes no stranger in his own country.do you live there?
he grew up there - thats his FIRST HOME - and his siblings are there and so on.
ask jordanians what they think about.but its his home-country.
i think he is and was sad about loosing the title.but for sure - his wife - his mother - his siblings are care for him that he doesnt get depressed or something else.they love each other.
you know, I was not really talking to you, and since you have never been in Jordan, and you are not from there, I'd rather ask some1 else, no, I have no problems, I do think you have a serious one, though.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
you know, I was not really talking to you, and since you have never been in Jordan, and you are not from there, I'd rather ask some1 else, no, I have no problems, I do think you have a serious one, though.
its an open forum here - so talk with the messangers when its not allowed to answer to your comments.
and i have no problem.
i only say my opinion.
dont know why you cannot accept without becoming angry.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Commoner

Maybe Queen Noor's ambition for her son set him up for a fall. Why would KH go around saying to him you are heir when the kid is only 14 and he has all these older brothers. Could Queen Noor have been grooming him for this role and making sure he was always by his father's side and "buttering him up". I'm sure he and his father loved each other, but I must say I would hope KH had enough intelligence to see the situation as his wife's ambition. Maybe he made comments (if he did) about heir just to tell them what they wanted to hear. After all, when he was sick his brother took over for a while and I read she wanted KH to appoint her young son. Whoa. What an insult to his older brothers plus would a teenager have been able to adequately run the country. Sorry, all he knew all his life was his mother pushing him to buddy up with his father and gave him false expetations of his future. Of course, KA wants his sons as crown prince. That would be normal! Just like KH bypassed his own brother and made KA crown prince. I think QR is a smart cookie and was protecting the interests of her family and influenced QA, but I don't think it was a bad thing.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Commoner

Now instead of Queen Noor's son being a brother to the king in the family fold, he is an ousted CP. The price of his mother' ambition. I like QN, but she did wrong in the case of her son. She spun the wheel and lost.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Commoner

I hope Queen Noor does not get to ambitious with the marriage of her daughters where they end up in a bad match.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Serene Highness

I agree with those who say P. Hamzah has always had a rather serious demeanor. I think it is his personality and also perhaps the way he feels he should best comport himself as a member of the JRF. I have looked at photos of him and read his comments and those made about him by KA and don't think he feels or is being made to feel uncomfortable in Jordan. I think he takes his responsibilities very seriously and that is not a bad thing. I recently heard he accompanied his sister, Princess Raiyah, to university and made sure she was properly settled in; kind of a fatherly thing to do for a younger sister and that impressed me. Certainly, I wish KH had not been so adamant and public about a seeming favoritism toward Hamzah as it must have hurt some of his siblings. It's a good point, however, that Hamzah was set aside as CP at an early enough age he has many opportunities to do other things. He's young. He has his entire life before him. I think he will be a credit to his country and his family and I also believe there is enough to do so he will be given many chances to make substantive contributions within Jordan. I find him a likeable individual who is very dignified. He certainly strikes me as someone who is evolving into a man one can count on and turn to for support, as evidenced by his bringing Raiyah to university and making sure she was settled in properly. I find both Hamzah and his wife very gracious individuals.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Nobility

Surely, Queen Noor was shock and upset when KA surprisingly stripped his bro's crown prince title..It created a rift on their relationship but I think everybody has moved on now..I think its better that Hamzah has been informed by this early rather than finding out later on lets say 10-15 years from now that he's gonna be stripped by the title,its more hurting..The moment he was named as crown prince,I had doubts on it..I had a feeling that history will repeat itself-the king stripping his bro the crown prince title and making his eldest son as the heir..King Hussein wanted his son to be his heir and so is King Abdullah..

Old 09-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I agree with those who say P. Hamzah has always had a rather serious demeanor. I think it is his personality and also perhaps the way he feels he should best comport himself as a member of the JRF. I have looked at photos of him and read his comments and those made about him by KA and don't think he feels or is being made to feel uncomfortable in Jordan. I think he takes his responsibilities very seriously and that is not a bad thing. I recently heard he accompanied his sister, Princess Raiyah, to university and made sure she was properly settled in; kind of a fatherly thing to do for a younger sister and that impressed me. Certainly, I wish KH had not been so adamant and public about a seeming favoritism toward Hamzah as it must have hurt some of his siblings. It's a good point, however, that Hamzah was set aside as CP at an early enough age he has many opportunities to do other things. He's young. He has his entire life before him. I think he will be a credit to his country and his family and I also believe there is enough to do so he will be given many chances to make substantive contributions within Jordan. I find him a likeable individual who is very dignified. He certainly strikes me as someone who is evolving into a man one can count on and turn to for support, as evidenced by his bringing Raiyah to university and making sure she was settled in properly. I find both Hamzah and his wife very gracious individuals.
I strongly agree with you , Couldn't have said that better. Thank you.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I recently heard he accompanied his sister, Princess Raiyah, to university and made sure she was properly settled in; kind of a fatherly thing to do for a younger sister and that impressed me. .
It is strange how history repeats itself. I remember hearing that Prince Hassan was the one who took his younger sister into university, and settled her in. I wondered at the time where her mother, Queen Zein was, and I also wonder now, where Queen Noor was !
Old 09-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

I didn't know that about Prince Hassan.....but I have to admit I am really puzzled why Queen Noor didn't take her daughter to university. Kudos to Hassan and now Hamzah for their sensitivity and kindness--but what the heck is going on with these mothers who abdicate such responsibilities for their children to others? It's not as if QN has more to do than Hamzah. I hate to say it but sometimes it seems the male members of the JRF take a greater interest in the well-being of the next generation than the women. I don't understand.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
It is strange how history repeats itself. I remember hearing that Prince Hassan was the one who took his younger sister into university, and settled her in. I wondered at the time where her mother, Queen Zein was, and I also wonder now, where Queen Noor was !
Old 09-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I didn't know that about Prince Hassan.....but I have to admit I am really puzzled why Queen Noor didn't take her daughter to university. Kudos to Hassan and now Hamzah for their sensitivity and kindness--but what the heck is going on with these mothers who abdicate such responsibilities for their children to others? It's not as if QN has more to do than Hamzah. I hate to say it but sometimes it seems the male members of the JRF take a greater interest in the well-being of the next generation than the women. I don't understand.......
is there any article about that she didnt do?
maybe she did and hamza was with her - but they only wrote hamza did it?
i always believe in the good of human beings.
i hope you are not right :o
Old 09-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
is there any article about that she didnt do?
maybe she did and hamza was with her - but they only wrote hamza did it?
i always believe in the good of human beings.
i hope you are not right :o
LOL I didn't read about the whole story and I am amazed how some members read stuff ,we in Jordan never hear of
Old 09-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
LOL I didn't read about the whole story and I am amazed how some members read stuff ,we in Jordan never hear of
good - i searched on google and didnt find anything about.i cannot imagine that it really was this way.
or i hope it wasnt that way
Old 09-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Royal Highness

WHat's the big deal about her not dropping her 20-something year old daughter off (if i'm not mistaken about her age). My brother dropped me off of college b/f my first year. I think that is better than having a possibly emotional mother dropping you off and possibly nagging you. I really don't see the big deal.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Serene Highness

Well, this is going well. How about any mention of QN's being in Jordan to celebrate the 20th anniversary of her Foundation? I believe it was covered in Petra but wondered what the festivities consisted of beyond the meeting I saw her attending with a gathering of women who have presumably benefitted from the NHF. Was KHF established around the same time or before or after his death? I would assume, as King, he might have had a Foundation of his own.