Queen Noor- News Thread III

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone knows anyting about a romance about princesse Iman!

wow cnn did a little retrospective article on Noor. And there's even a picture of her on CNN from 1984. Happy Birthday to her.
Thanx rchainho

Hope to see you celebrating your 100 th Birthday surrounded each year
by more admirors of your charitable beautiful nature!

HB Oeen Noor :)

I didn't get what she wore on her wedding day! Is it a gown, or a dress..?
The cake and its table look so intersting!:p
PICTURES FROM CORBIS.COM

Attachments

• 42-15418378noor.jpg
    42-15418378noor.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 511
  • 42-15418379noor.jpg
    42-15418379noor.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
It was a Christian Dior dress if my memory serves me right. her flowers were orchids from her uncle Camille Halaby's farm.

Yes, and the bottom layer of the cake was cardboard lol. What purpose does that serve? A sturdy base?

QN didn't have much time to plan the wedding so she recalled a dress she had seen and liked and sent it to Dior to have it copied--so it's a wedding gown based on a dress. She emphasized she wanted everything to be very simple, particularly her dress. There was a minor crisis when the shoes arrived and were all wrong. QN had to scramble to get the proper shoes, which arrived the night before the wedding. She wanted flats and the others had 3" heels which would have made the dress' length look odd. And she likely didn't want to emphasize the height difference between she and KH. That seems to be a real sore point for QN, even today. She keeps insisting the height difference was minimal; when actually she was a good head taller than the King. I don't know why she is so concerned about it as he wasn't concerned but she--for whatever reason--is. All in all, their wedding ceremony seemed lovely and I thought Noor's choice of dress suited her very well. It's timeless; you could wear the same dress today and still look fine.

I know she's competing in a bike marathon for cancer--I think--soon in Aspen. Other than that, any word on what QN is doing with herself?

maryshawn said:
I know she's competing in a bike marathon for cancer--I think--soon in Aspen. Other than that, any word on what QN is doing with herself?

she did already this event - it was in august?!

no idea what shes doing at the moment.....

UNITED NATIONS TO HOLD HIGH-LEVEL ROUND-TABLE FORUM ON SCIENCE
Sept. 8 2005

Press Release - United Nations Information Service

A high-level round table on the eve of the 2005 World Summit will bring together political and business leaders and other policy-makers to discuss the role that innovation and investment in science and technology, and especially information and communication technologies (ICTs), can play in achieving the internationally agreed development goals.

Confirmed participants include several Heads of State or Government: Leonel Fernandez Reyna, President of the Dominican Republic; Abdoulaye Wade, President of Senegal; Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, President of Indonesia; Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, Prime Minister of Malaysia; Queen Noor of Jordan; Sir Martin Sorrell, Chairman of WPP; H. Brian Thompson, Chairman of Comsat International; Vinton Cerf, Senior Vice-President of MCI and one of the “fathers” of the Internet; Professor Jeffrey Sachs, Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Director of the Earth Institute at Columbia University; Louis Michel, European Commissioner for Development and Humanitarian Aid; Ana Maria Cetto, Deputy Director-General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA); Supachai Panitchpakdi, Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD); John Gage, World Technology Ambassador of Sun Microsystems; and Muhammed Yunus, Chairman and CEO of Grameen Bank, Bangladesh.
LINK

Last edited:
In post 46 can you see King Abdullah and behind them Prince Feisal. Was Princess Zein the flower girl? Does'nt the lady standing behind them looks like Princess Muna?

The top of the dress looks strange like patchwork. It might have been in style then but I think would be a little out of style today.

The cake is not visually appealing at all. Strangest thing I have even seen. Looks like a honeycombs on some spiral tower. I'm speechless and don't think I would have been in for a piece.

That and ensuring that the table wasn't rotted as a result of the length of time the cake sat upon the table and the sword would have damaged the table (as you can see the angle that QN cut the cake) so at least the cardborad would have made a good defence barrier for the Table (on 2 counts.):)

Alicky said:
Yes, and the bottom layer of the cake was cardboard lol. What purpose does that serve? A sturdy base?

You're right Lilygal! it is Princess Zein. she looks so cute. As to whether or no that was Princess Muna I'd have to look at older photographs of her in order to confirm it.:)

Lilygal said:
In post 46 can you see King Abdullah and behind them Prince Feisal. Was Princess Zein the flower girl? Does'nt the lady standing behind them looks like Princess Muna?

Last edited:
Let's just have a look at QR and QN's wed dresses, QR was so ..... well, not really in good taste, QN was so simple, a bit too simple, but that tells us just how different the 2 women are.......

Who designed Rania's dress? Was it store-bought?

emily62_1 said:
Let's just have a look at QR and QN's wed dresses, QR was so ..... well, not really in good taste, QN was so simple, a bit too simple, but that tells us just how different the 2 women are.......

well there i have to agree :D
but it speaks for noor that she used a simple one.dont think it was TOO simple because i think there are beautifull dresses which are simple too.and her one wasnt beautifull in my eyes.

Alicky said:
Who designed Rania's dress? Was it store-bought?

I can help you here as I was in Jordan when both weddings took place. Q.Noor's dress was by Dior and Q. Rania's by Bruce Oldfield.

Q.Noor was extremely simple in her dress taste when she got married, perfering jeans toformal clothes. Gossips in Amman said that she even borrowed the dress that she wore for her engagement pictures.

Last edited:
any recent news about Queen Noor?..I miss seeing recent pics of the gracious queen..

Last edited:
I saw on the wedding pics of KH and QN that some of KH's children to Muna were present on that wedding..How about Princess Muna,was she there?..It was unlikely that she'd attended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom