Queen Noor News Thread II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other upcoming appearances scheduled for broadcast? I wonder how extensive the tour for her paperback version of "Leap of Faith" will be.

Just to highlight a point, although KA met QR by chance the marriage after that was arranged by the family. It has been said that love is an emothion and that most ME Royalty haven't married for that reason. However Love is also a manner of behaviour, ie if you love someone you shall show them a level of respect and in some cases the enduring respect comes before the emotion thereby laying a solid foundation for endurance of a descent marriage. Use the example of KH and QN marriage, how she met him (he was the best friend of her father) and how she later fell in love with him.

Roshanah said:
Just to highlight a point, although KA met QR by chance the marriage after that was arranged by the family. It has been said that love is an emothion and that most ME Royalty haven't married for that reason. However Love is also a manner of behaviour, ie if you love someone you shall show them a level of respect and in some cases the enduring respect comes before the emotion thereby laying a solid foundation for endurance of a descent marriage. Use the example of KH and QN marriage, how she met him (he was the best friend of her father) and how she later fell in love with him.

KH was only a close bussiness friend of QN father?!
no real friendship i think.

This issue becomes cloudy; QN has used the term "friends" to describe the relationship between her father and KH. But their activities seemed to be exclusively business related. KH hired Najeeb Halaby to consult on some aviation related projects throughout the years. That's how QN met KH; her father was at the airport for the welcoming ceremony for the first jumbo jet for the Royal Jordanian Airline and he invited his daughter to join him.

I was wondering if the quote QN made about Christianity being too dogmatic was part of her ongoing quest to "prove" her devotion to Islam is genuine. Her conversion was regarded as "a conversion of convenience" in some circles in Jordan (People, 1978; VF, 1991) and its sincerity was therefore questioned.

I am not sure what is the link between criticizing the Christianity and devotion to Islam !

for sure , I can't claim the absolute knowledge about what she thinking of , but I hope she not think like that .

Houri, I agree; it is very odd.....I don't know why she needs to compare and contrast religions anyway. I know many people who have been raised in one faith and then decided to practice another. Most don't criticize the first to justify joining the other but QN does do this sort of thing at times--for whatever reason.....

Yeah I was about 15 or 16 and it made me sooo mad. I guess she doesn't realize that some people may feel the same about her religion, so I think it was bad for her to talk about her former religion this way.

maryshawn said:
I was wondering if the quote QN made about Christianity being too dogmatic was part of her ongoing quest to "prove" her devotion to Islam is genuine. Her conversion was regarded as "a conversion of convenience" in some circles in Jordan (People, 1978; VF, 1991) and its sincerity was therefore questioned.

I dont recall reading that particular comment.
What was the context of her statement? I mean I'd prefer not to misunderstand something she said in good faith.
Lots of converts inevitably end up making comparisons between their former faith or lack there of and the new one. Its quite common.

060291 inOffc - 061097 London - 061294 Dutch Royal Fam visit - 151103 in Jordan - 160703 - 180804 International Reception for Refugee charity - 190578 engagement

Attachments

• qn061097lon.jpg
    qn061097lon.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 392
  • qn061294dutchrvis.jpg
    qn061294dutchrvis.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 341
  • qn140703.jpg
    qn140703.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 226
  • qn151103jord.jpg
    qn151103jord.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 219
  • qn160703.jpg
    qn160703.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 234
  • qn180804refintrec.jpg
    qn180804refintrec.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 533
  • qn190578eng.jpg
    qn190578eng.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,085
  • qn060291@offc.jpg
    qn060291@offc.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 261
VF, June 1999:

"She didn't even find it wrenching to convert; although her sister describes the family as 'nominally Episcopalian," Queen Noor says, "I couldn't accept the dogmatic side of Christianity."

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I dont recall reading that particular comment.
What was the context of her statement? I mean I'd prefer not to misunderstand something she said in good faith.
Lots of converts inevitably end up making comparisons between their former faith or lack there of and the new one. Its quite common.

maryshawn said:
VF, June 1999:

"She didn't even find it wrenching to convert; although her sister describes the family as 'nominally Episcopalian," Queen Noor says, "I couldn't accept the dogmatic side of Christianity."

ah okay...thanx
I wonder if she was referring to the "organized" nature of her religion, the clergy and everything. Thats something I've heard Christian converts mention very often.

That would be a sensible interpretation; can't imagine what else--upon reflection--she would be referring to.

In the same article, her friends, not Noor, say she liked the Islamic tenet that everything is in the hands of Allah and we really have no control over events. Something about how this was a much more peaceful way for her to put things in perspective and "accept" whatever happened. So perhaps she was also alluding to that, as well?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
ah okay...thanx
I wonder if she was referring to the "organized" nature of her religion, the clergy and everything. Thats something I've heard Christian converts mention very often.

By the way, thanks, Amina, for the great photos! Loved seeing them!!!!

This is different from Christianity. we do have free will and we may screw things up, or go with God's will, God will have his way. And it is much easier if we obey Him because Hsi will is perfect.

maryshawn said:
In the same article, her friends, not Noor, say she liked the Islamic tenet that everything is in the hands of Allah and we really have no control over events. Something about how this was a much more peaceful way for her to put things in perspective and "accept" whatever happened. So perhaps she was also alluding to that, as well?

Last edited:
maryshawn said:
That would be a sensible interpretation; can't imagine what else--upon reflection--she would be referring to.

I wonder if she made that particular remark after her husband's death.
Still that wouldnt have much bearing on her conversion which happened long before that.

IF she went to church......"nominally" anything makes me think there wasn't a whole lot of emphasis on it. As she was in boarding schools for so long, who knows what she learned about any religion or if she was required to attend services. It would be so easy to simply say "I converted to Islam" and leave it at that. Or praise the religion without comparing it to others or "justifying" why she prefers Islam to another religion.
Reina said:
That is one of the themes of Christianity! Althoguh we do have free will and we may screw things up, or go with God's will, God will have his way. And it is much easier if we obey Him because Hsi will is perfect. I can only be mad at the church she went to for not teachnig this!

In the context the remarks were made in the article, it lead one to believe that throughout her marriage as well as after KH's death, QN found it easier to deal with rumors, gossip, innuendoes or hurts by believing it was all God's will, therefore there was nothing she could do about it and all would turn out as it was meant to be eventually.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
I wonder if she made that particular remark after her husband's death.
Still that wouldnt have much bearing on her conversion which happened long before that.

Qn from 1979-2004

Attachments

• qn310304paris.jpg
    qn310304paris.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 193
  • qn(1)160703.jpg
    qn(1)160703.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 212
  • qn&kh1979eng.jpg
    qn&kh1979eng.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 255
  • qn281192(1).jpg
    qn281192(1).jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 214
  • qn281192.jpg
    qn281192.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 204
CAPTION: Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan smiles as she accepts the first International Women of Spirit Award presented by Carlow College in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on June 19, 2005. The International Poetry Forum hosted Her Majesty fwho delivered an address, "Women and Peace, Poetry in Action."

I think Noor looks absolutely stunning. The colour of her dress is so pretty. The embroidery is similar to some of the other caftans she has worn but its a pretty outfit. And the jewellery is beautiful as well.

Attachments

• upiphotos636044.jpg
    upiphotos636044.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 301
  • upiphotos636045.jpg
    upiphotos636045.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 228
  • upiphotos636046.jpg
    upiphotos636046.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 258
  • upiphotos636047.jpg
    upiphotos636047.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 243
  • upiphotos636048.jpg
    upiphotos636048.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 273
  • upiphotos636049.jpg
    upiphotos636049.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 275
  • upiphotos636050.jpg
    upiphotos636050.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 206
I agree with you Humera, Queen Noor looks really wonderful and happy.

She looks much younger than her 50+ years and so elegant! She does eem to favour wearing that style of kaften often, though I'd like to see her in some western outfits often.

Nad25 said:
I agree with you Humera, Queen Noor looks really wonderful and happy.

i have to agree too
she looks very beautifull and her hair seems a bit lighter again^^

sharing your opinions

Really all of you are right. The Queen looks very beautiful and marvelous.

Another picture and article about the event

Queen Noor calls women vital to peace

By Karen Roebuck
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, June 20, 2005

While women remain on the fringes of power, they are crucial to world peace and nations' recoveries after wars, Queen Noor of Jordan told nearly 800 people Sunday evening in Oakland.

"Women have a unique position at the heart of society but on the fringes of power," she said. "Perhaps women's greatest strength is to do what many men find so difficult -- to reach out and build relationships."

At a dinner following the speech at the Carnegie Music Hall, Queen Noor was given the Carlow University International Women of Spirit Award by Sister Grace Ann Geibel, Carlow's president. Queen Noor exemplifies the university's ideals and missions of competence and compassion in leadership and service to others, Geibel said.

Although her speech was sponsored by the International Poetry Forum, Queen Noor said she was not a poetry expert but quoted numerous poets during her speech.

She quoted Lebanese, Israeli and Palestinian female poets, saying, "These poets are women united in their horror of war and their longing for peace."

She said she has worked with women all over the world struggling to overcome deprivation and conflicts, "a form of poetry in motion."

Dressed in a flowing, floor-length light turquoise gown with beaded beige and lime trim, she began by saying it was her first visit to "the home of Andy Warhol but also the Steelers, the Pirates, the Penguins and their infamous fans." She noted Pittsburgh also is home to medical achievements and Mister Rogers.

"I live in quite a turbulent neighborhood myself and wish more would reach out and say 'I would like to be your neighbor,' too," she said.

The American-born Queen said she was privileged to live at the center of both the Arab and Western worlds, and the one lesson has been repeated throughout her life: "How much we are so fundamentally alike in what we dream of, what we aspire to, what we pray for."

During a question-and-answer session with the audience following her speech, Queen Noor was both lauded for her role in peace efforts in Israel, Palestine and the Middle East and asked to defend what one Israeli-American audience member viewed as anti-Israeli and anti-American statements she had made previously. The man did not say what those comments were.

Queen Noor said she was not sure what statements he was talking about -- and denied being either anti-Semitic or anti-American -- but said she felt it was important for her to discuss the needs and suffering of both Israelis and Palestinians.

"If we don't take account of both sides, we'll never find peace in the region," she said.

Queen Noor, 53, who was born Lisa Halaby, and King Hussein were married June 15, 1978. She was his fourth wife, and his son by a previous marriage is now Jordan's King Abdullah. Queen Noor and King Hussein's son, one of his 12 children, is the crown prince and next in line for the throne.

Saying she was from Israel, Nitsa Ford, 35, of Squirrel Hill, began crying as she recalled "the very sad day that King Hussein had left us" and was unable to say what she longed to ask his widow. King Hussein died in 1999 of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Queen Noor remained poised as she assured Ford that many Jordanians and Arabs felt the same when Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated. Rabin and her husband were great leaders who shared a common thread of seeing the light at the end of a long tunnel and inspiring others, she said.

That gave Ford, seated in the balcony, time to calm down to ask what Jordan's role will be in the peace process now without Hussein.

"I certainly hope and pray that Jordan will continue to be a key element not only in the search for peace, but in mediating and providing an inclusive spirit in the region," the queen said.

Afterward, Ford said she could not explain why she had become so emotional. "I can't explain it. I think the peace or the struggle for peace is so overwhelming. It's within us," she said.

Another woman asked the queen what ingredients were needed for peace. "It would have a lot of X chromosomes in it," Queen Noor said.

Attachments

• 0620rqueen-a.jpg
    0620rqueen-a.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 313
It was nice to see her in Jordan again with Sarvath, Hassan at their daughter's wedding. Everyone looked happy and, while everyone dressed tastefully, no one tried to outshine the bride--who looked gorgeous! I liked seeing Sarvath and Noor standing side by side for the official group photos. Maybe bygones will be bygones and they'll begin appreciating one another more and have a good relationship. From all reports--and common sense thinking, things were strained for awhile after the succession change in 1999.

You know there was one pic wher eboth were walking side by side going into a church for a funeral. I thought it was very touching cuz they looked like friends and not enemies. I am sooo glad that the el hassans know the importance of family unity and respect above all. That is what makes monarchies survive.

I think that queen Noor does make a PLASTIC surgerie. Her face is not normal as a few years ago.
Wat do you think?

Iman said:
I think that queen Noor does make a PLASTIC surgerie. Her face is not normal as a few years ago.
Wat do you think?

Yes, it is true. She had many plastic surgeries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom