The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Well Noor may have the restrictions and responsibilities of a Queen but she's certainly an affectionate mother I think. You can always see and hear the love on her face and in her voice when she talks of her kids. Towards the end of the interview, when Larry King asked her about her health, she mentioned that she'd been "beset by injuries over the past 14 months" but that otherwise she was fine, and more importantly, that her children were healthy.
She talked about them often in the interview, when she mentioned her home in washinton as a place where her kids could be with her, where she could "feed them, burp them and send them on their way"
The fact that she's rumoured to have had difficult relationships with some of her step-kids doesnt mean she isnt a good and affectionate mother to her own kids. Infact she has good relationships with many members of the royal family including many of her step-kids.
I think that being a mother is certainly important to her, when she talked about Rania, for example, Noor specifically mentioned that "she's a wonderful mother."
Queens certainly have more responsibilities than the average mother, they dont spend all their time with their kids, but I think that most of them do the best they can. This is a different time we're talking about. Its not like centuries ago when royal children spent most of their time with nurses, tutors etc, or even 50 or so years ago when someone like Queen Elizabeth was known to be quite a 'distant' mother.

Old 04-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Don't be so naive! What do you think why Hamzah married his cousin ? You never heard that most ME royals don't marry for love. The late King Hussein also married his cousin . The arranged marriages often happen in the Arab world and India ,especially when they marry their cousins or princesses from another rich families.
why naive?
there is no reason to think that queen noor is such a bad person.i think she married the horrible king hussein because she loved him so i think she wants her children to marry because of love!
when theres someone naive - then it is queen noor.......

Old 04-19-2005, 12:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
the horrible king hussein
Please explain why you think KH was a horrible king

-Eliza
Old 04-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizahawthorne
Please explain why you think KH was a horrible king

-Eliza
maybe horrible is the wrong word
but i think he was not as good as noor tells.
maybe he was a really good king!the peace process and so on....
but i think as husband - in noors book there are some situations where i think she must have felt much alone.... like when she lost her baby and so on!
and KH behaviour in such a situation wasnt nice or speaking for such a beautifull character!
when she says she is sad or has a problem - he told her the world has bigger problems..... :(
Old 04-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Nobility

Hamzah 's arranged marriage is true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
maybe when QN tried to arrange or let say encourage her son to marry PN she did a wrong move because maybe the king fright that she try to collecting supporting within the family against him !
Exactly ,this is the truth.

QN always makes herself felt sorry and try to work against King Abdullah & Queen Rania. She wanted Hamzah to be the CP because the power is very important for her. Hamzah had to marry PN since that was her mother request. QN is as ambitious as her father ,pretending so prudish and always hides behind the Kennedy family.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
QN is as ambitious as her father ,pretending so prudish and always hides behind the Kennedy family.
How did the Kennedy family get dragged into this unproven story?

How does Noor hide behind the Kennedy family exactly? Is she hiding behind Maria Shriver's hair?
Old 04-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Serene Highness

While she seemed a bit tired during the interview, I think the warmth in her tone when she spoke of Hamzah's wife, Noor or Nur, was genuine. I had never heard of this being an arranged marriage--they seem very happy with one another. QN is an enigmatic person, definitely; she exerts a great deal of control over what she says so it is difficult to discern what she is really feeling about subjects close to her heart--like her children and whatever she feels about the change in succession. While I wish at times she would be more forthcoming, I can see why she simply cannot be. I'm sure anything she says could have ramifications on her children--and, no matter what, I believe she wants them to feel part of the family in Jordan so would never say something to cause a rift with their half-brothers and sisters. I give her credit for that--as well as the fact that exerting such self-control all the time has to be wearing but she always tries to put on a very positive face. Feeling estrangement from Ali and Haya must be hard as she did raise them and, like most people, I believe she did the best she knew how in very difficult circumstances when she was still trying to feel her way around a new country, marriage, way of life, etc. Like many stepmothers, she just may have been an "easy target" when the children--all of whom adored their father--felt angry or upset about something. I can't imagine being presented with a laundry list of "grievances" as she was. She writes about it in her book and--while she attributes a lot to the sheer nature of many of the children being adolescents--I can only think that was a hurtful moment, too.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Don't be so naive! What do you think why Hamzah married his cousin ? You never heard that most ME royals don't marry for love. The late King Hussein also married his cousin . The arranged marriages often happen in the Arab world and India ,especially when they marry their cousins or princesses from another rich families.
Arranged marriages may be common practices in India and Middle Eastern countries, and the arrangements may even including marrying cousins and distant relatives.

However, that does not mean that every single marriage in these countries were arranged. That would be quite the 100% action rate.

It does also not mean that Hamzah and Noor's marriage was arranged. Perhaps he married his cousin because he truly loves her, finds her a beautiful, intelligent and insightful person whom he wants to spend the rest of his life with.

What evidence do you have that this marriage was arranged anyway? It is obvious to me (and to other members as far as I've read) that you do no like Noor. But what is your reason for perpetuating stories about her and her family that are so unfounded and without as much as even a tabloid article to back up your story? It seems to me that the naive one here isn't the person who doesn't believe that Hamzah and Noor's marriage was arranged, but the individual who is perpetuating these stories because of some insecurity or simply some dislike of a public figure he has never even met.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
QN is an enigmatic person, definitely; she exerts a great deal of control over what she says so it is difficult to discern what she is really feeling about subjects close to her heart--like her children and whatever she feels about the change in succession.
I love how you've described Noor here Mary Shawn. I think you've hit the nail on the head about her. She is a very enigmatic individual and very controlled and cautious in what she says. Often it seems that she's just trying to find the exact words to express herself so that her comments can not be misconstrued or misinterpreted in any way. The end result for me is that she is a very thoughtful individual in how she presents herself and what she says about herself, her life with the late King and her family.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Serene Highness

Thoughtful is an excellent way to describe her IMO. To be QN today is not the easiest thing in the world as, since 1999, she has endured and accepted so many changes--superficial things like the loss of homes, prestige, ..... but far more important things like the death of her husband, the change in succession--which had to have struck some chord within her, estrangement perhaps from some of her stepchildren, the death of her father,..... And yet she is thoughtful enough of her children, Jordan, others...not to air any "grievances" or plain old grief she may have. I hope--after this book tour--she finds a meaningful, satisfying role just being herself. As much as I enjoy hearing about her, some time away from the public stage might be a good thing in order to reassess her life and take steps to try to find some personal happiness. She deserves it.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
And yet she is thoughtful enough of her children, Jordan, others...not to air any "grievances" or plain old grief she may have.
I think there is an even better word to describe Noor's actions in taking the high road and in not airing out her grievances or the family's dirty laundry even now when she is about as far away from Jordan as she can be: it's called dignity.

I've always thought that Noor possesses tremendous dignity and pride. Rather than succumbing to the gossip mongers and airing "sad Noor's life" and to paint Abdullah and Rania as "bad people" (if that is what she really thinks of them), Noor is always diplomatic about everyone and everything in her life. Whatever negative feelings she harbours are probably shared with only her closest confidantes. In this day and age when everyone's writing a tell all or going on Oprah or Dr. Phil to cry their eyes out and earn the public's sympathy, Noor earns the public respect with the high moral ground she's taken on everything in her life.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Exactly ,this is the truth.

QN always makes herself felt sorry and try to work against King Abdullah & Queen Rania. She wanted Hamzah to be the CP because the power is very important for her. Hamzah had to marry PN since that was her mother request. QN is as ambitious as her father ,pretending so prudish and always hides behind the Kennedy family.
The Kennedys ? did QN call u to tell u all of this ? what have the Kennedys to do with QN, why should QN hide herself behind any1- ????????? u are uninformed, and u just make up facts, in order to stir trouble, all of this looks ridiculous to me.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

There was a rather lengthy discussion on Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor's relationship going on in this thread that stemmed from the idea that Queen Noor arranged her son's marriage to his cousin. As the discussion spun into something that did no longer related back to Queen Noor, I have moved the posts in question to the latest thread on Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor.

Please carry on the discussion over there, and leave this thread for news of Queen Noor.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9&page=8&pp=20
Old 04-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Nobility

Thought i would post some old pictures ive got of QN - they're from 2004, when she did a book signing in Paris. From Bruno Press.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qn mar 04 paris.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	129870   Click image for larger version

Name:	qn mar 04 book signing.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	129871  
Old 04-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Courtier

Red face

Did she make lots of money from that book?
Old 04-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Nobility

QN did choose PN for her Hamzah. Believe it or not ,that is the truth. I would never make up stories because I am not that kind of man. I am very well informed and don't read gossip papers.

I am sorry but I know from the beginning that Lisa is trying to turn everyone against KA & QR in the States and within the royal family and this is the reason why I can't stand her. She hoisted with her own petard coz Hamzah is not CP any more.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amina1
Did she make lots of money from that book?

Of course.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Of course.
But proceeds went to the KH Foundation.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Of course.

can't understand why moderators allow this kind of comments.It's a shame.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Serene Highness

Proceeds from Noor's Book

I don't know if Guido meant she personally made a lot of money from the book or the book itself made a lot of money. It's a fair question. I believe it was on the bestseller list for some time. She states in the final pages of the book, its proceeds will go directly to the KHF to support its causes. It is a not-for-profit organization managed by its own board of directors so will the money go directly to QN? No.