Queen Noor News Thread II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maryshawn said:
And yet she is thoughtful enough of her children, Jordan, others...not to air any "grievances" or plain old grief she may have.

I think there is an even better word to describe Noor's actions in taking the high road and in not airing out her grievances or the family's dirty laundry even now when she is about as far away from Jordan as she can be: it's called dignity.

I've always thought that Noor possesses tremendous dignity and pride. Rather than succumbing to the gossip mongers and airing "sad Noor's life" and to paint Abdullah and Rania as "bad people" (if that is what she really thinks of them), Noor is always diplomatic about everyone and everything in her life. Whatever negative feelings she harbours are probably shared with only her closest confidantes. In this day and age when everyone's writing a tell all or going on Oprah or Dr. Phil to cry their eyes out and earn the public's sympathy, Noor earns the public respect with the high moral ground she's taken on everything in her life.

Guido said:
Exactly ,this is the truth.

QN always makes herself felt sorry and try to work against King Abdullah & Queen Rania. She wanted Hamzah to be the CP because the power is very important for her. Hamzah had to marry PN since that was her mother request. QN is as ambitious as her father ,pretending so prudish and always hides behind the Kennedy family.

The Kennedys ? did QN call u to tell u all of this ? what have the Kennedys to do with QN, why should QN hide herself behind any1- ????????? u are uninformed, and u just make up facts, in order to stir trouble, all of this looks ridiculous to me.

There was a rather lengthy discussion on Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor's relationship going on in this thread that stemmed from the idea that Queen Noor arranged her son's marriage to his cousin. As the discussion spun into something that did no longer related back to Queen Noor, I have moved the posts in question to the latest thread on Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor.

Please carry on the discussion over there, and leave this thread for news of Queen Noor.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5009&page=8&pp=20

Thought i would post some old pictures ive got of QN - they're from 2004, when she did a book signing in Paris. From Bruno Press.

Attachments

• qn mar 04 paris.jpg
    qn mar 04 paris.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 356
  • qn mar 04 book signing.jpg
    qn mar 04 book signing.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 316
QN did choose PN for her Hamzah. Believe it or not ,that is the truth. I would never make up stories because I am not that kind of man. I am very well informed and don't read gossip papers.

I am sorry but I know from the beginning that Lisa is trying to turn everyone against KA & QR in the States and within the royal family and this is the reason why I can't stand her. She hoisted with her own petard coz Hamzah is not CP any more.

Proceeds from Noor's Book

I don't know if Guido meant she personally made a lot of money from the book or the book itself made a lot of money. It's a fair question. I believe it was on the bestseller list for some time. She states in the final pages of the book, its proceeds will go directly to the KHF to support its causes. It is a not-for-profit organization managed by its own board of directors so will the money go directly to QN? No.

She's very dignified. Excellent description IMO. She says she holds herself to "impossibly high standards." I think her behavior since (and before) KH's death confirms that. The "thoughtful" descriptor was, I thought, taking the dignity thing a bit further as it is an insight into how she maintains a gracious demeanor in all she does--no matter what she is thinking or how she is feeling. I am phrasing this rather badly; she thinks a great deal of ensuring her actions don't hurt others?
Genevieve said:
I think there is an even better word to describe Noor's actions in taking the high road and in not airing out her grievances or the family's dirty laundry even now when she is about as far away from Jordan as she can be: it's called dignity.

I've always thought that Noor possesses tremendous dignity and pride. Rather than succumbing to the gossip mongers and airing "sad Noor's life" and to paint Abdullah and Rania as "bad people" (if that is what she really thinks of them), Noor is always diplomatic about everyone and everything in her life. Whatever negative feelings she harbours are probably shared with only her closest confidantes. In this day and age when everyone's writing a tell all or going on Oprah or Dr. Phil to cry their eyes out and earn the public's sympathy, Noor earns the public respect with the high moral ground she's taken on everything in her life.

maryshawn said:
I don't know if Guido meant she personally made a lot of money from the book or the book itself made a lot of money. It's a fair question. I believe it was on the bestseller list for some time. She states in the final pages of the book, its proceeds will go directly to the KHF to support its causes. It is a not-for-profit organization managed by its own board of directors so will the money go directly to QN? No.

Mary, can't understand why here in this forum, if a member asks another member suggestions about how to save pix etc., well, she's wanrned by a Forum moderator, while this guy, Guido, can babble a bunch of lies and bash QN and Hamzah etc. and none of the mods, u know I don't mean u yourself, of course, does anything to prevent it.

http://www.fena.ba/uk/vijest.html?fena_id=FSA253768&rubrika=ES

24.04.2005 (13:04)

ICMP CHAIRMAN JAMES KIMSEY AND COMMISSIONER HER MAJESTY QUEEN NOOR TO VISIT BiH APRIL 25 & 26

white.gif

SARAJEVO, April 24 (FENA) - The Chairman of the International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP), James V. Kimsey and ICMP Commissioner Her Majesty Queen Noor will visit Bosnia-Herzegovina on April 25 and 26.

On Monday, April 25, Mr. Kimsey and Her Majesty Queen Noor will meet with members of the BiH Joint Presidency, the Chairman of the Council of Ministers, the Prime Minister of the Federation of Bosnia-Herzegovina, the Prime Minister of the Republika Srpska and the Mayor of the Brcko District to discuss implementation of the Missing Persons Institute at the level of the State. They will also meet with members of family associations, the Commander of NATO HQ Sarajevo, the EUFOR Deputy Commander, the EUPM Commissioner and Police representatives to discuss resolution of the missing persons issue in Bosnia-Herzegovina.

On Tuesday, April 26, Mr. Kimsey and Her Majesty Queen Noor will tour ICMP facilities in Tuzla and Lukavac with ICMP officials and diplomatic representatives.

(Fena) jc

thanks to BL Mayberry from the jordanianroyalfamily yahoo group.

-Eliza

elizahawthorne said:
http://www.fena.ba/uk/vijest.html?fena_id=FSA253768&rubrika=ES

24.04.2005 (13:04)

ICMP CHAIRMAN JAMES KIMSEY AND COMMISSIONER HER MAJESTY QUEEN NOOR TO VISIT BiH APRIL 25 & 26

white.gif

SARAJEVO, April 24 (FENA) - The Chairman of the International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP), James V. Kimsey and ICMP Commissioner Her Majesty Queen Noor will visit Bosnia-Herzegovina on April 25 and 26.

On Monday, April 25, Mr. Kimsey and Her Majesty Queen Noor will meet with members of the BiH Joint Presidency, the Chairman of the Council of Ministers, the Prime Minister of the Federation of Bosnia-Herzegovina, the Prime Minister of the Republika Srpska and the Mayor of the Brcko District to discuss implementation of the Missing Persons Institute at the level of the State. They will also meet with members of family associations, the Commander of NATO HQ Sarajevo, the EUFOR Deputy Commander, the EUPM Commissioner and Police representatives to discuss resolution of the missing persons issue in Bosnia-Herzegovina.

On Tuesday, April 26, Mr. Kimsey and Her Majesty Queen Noor will tour ICMP facilities in Tuzla and Lukavac with ICMP officials and diplomatic representatives.

(Fena) jc

thanks to BL Mayberry from the jordanianroyalfamily yahoo group.

-Eliza

she canceled!
well i will search the articel....

here:

http://www.fena.ba/uk/vijest.html?fena_id=FSA253997&rubrika=ES
25.04.2005 (11:51)

ICMP CHAIRMAN JAMES KIMSEY ARRIVES IN SARAJEVO, COMMISSIONER HER MAJESTY QUEEN NOOR UNABLE TO ATTEND

white.gif

SARAJEVO, April 25 (FENA) - Members of the media are advised that due to unforeseen circumstances, International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) Commission member Her Majesty Queen Noor is unable to visit Bosnia-Herzegovina as previously announced.

ICMP Chairman James Kimsey arrived in Sarajevo this morning, and all other aspects of the visit remain unchanged.

(Fena) jc

elizahawthorne said:
oh man! well thanx for telling me she cancelled i didn't know

any idea whats up with her?
because thats the second time in the last weeks that she cancelled something....

well when she was on LKL she said she's been having some injuries, tho I hope she's all right. But ya apart from that I have no idea, it could just be a coincidence.

-Eliza

Last edited:
elizahawthorne said:
well when she was on LKL she said she's been having some injuries, tho I hope she's all right. But ya apart from that I have no idea, it could just be a coincidence.

-Eliza

yes ive seen but there she had no injuries.... and then followed this.thats why i ask....its a bit strange.

No no Noor!

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

April 19, 2005

BY MICHAEL SNEED SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

Former Queen Noor of Jordan proved a headache for the old guard Woman's Athletic Club, founded by Chicago's old elite.

*The buckshot: Sneed is told Queen Noor, who was supposed to star at a recent WAC luncheon, bailed at the last minute, stating she had sprained her wrist.

*The upshot: Imagine the shock of a club member when she saw the former queen appear on "Larry King Live" shortly thereafter, looking hale and healthy! "We figured she canceled because she wanted to go to the pope's funeral or Prince Charles' wedding to Camilla," said one WACster to Sneed. Oh, those rascally royals . . . even if they're American-born like Noor.

[/font]

Sprained her wrist? The pictures of Noor wearing a cast were taken in January and she made a speech then.
It dont think she'd deliberatly lie to get out of something like this.

Okay I think I figured it out, I only wish this Sun-Times Columnist posted above had as well!

Here's an excerpt from an article that might explain things:

Queen Noor -- the American-born wife of the late king of Jordan -- had been scheduled to speak April 7 at the Woman's Athletic Club.
The day before, though, she broke her hand and canceled..

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featu...coll=chi-homepagenews2-utl&ctrack=1&cset=true

Now Noor was supposed to speak on April 7 (sprained her wrist the day before), but the Larry King interview was on April 13. So if she had sprained her wrist, which doesnt sound like a major injury to me, she had 6-7 days to begin healing. Atleast enough to appear at Larry King.

Queen Noor calls poverty greatest threat to peace

Jordanian monarch urges more spending on health, education.

By JEFF ROMIG
Tribune Staff Writer

BENTON HARBOR -- "Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance."

These words, spoken by Sen. Robert Kennedy at the University of Capetown in South Africa in June 1966, were the final ones offered Tuesday evening by Queen Noor to a capacity crowd at the Mendel Center at Lake Michigan College during the Economic Club of Southwestern Michigan's final event of the year.

Kennedy's words eloquently captured the message she conveyed during her comments as well as her life's work and the work of her late husband, King Hussein of Jordan.

"He is why I believe peace is possible," said Lisa Najeeb Halaby, who was raised in an Arab-American family before marrying King Hussein in 1978.

Growing up, her family was known for its public service -- her father was the director of President John F. Kennedy's newly created Federal Aviation Administration -- and she tackled urban planning after graduating from Princeton University in 1974 with a bachelor of arts degree in architecture and urban planning.

From the beginning of her reign she has initiated, directed and sponsored projects and activities that have worked to advance the development of her country and peace efforts in the Middle East.

The queen said while she understands the "realities of today's world," she believes addressing poverty before war could provide a key to peace.

"Feeding the poor is no foolproof plan to stop (terrorists)," she said. "But, when people have a sense of control over their own lives, they will fight to hold onto it."

Poverty, she said, is the greatest threat to peace today.

People who feel they have nothing left to lose are apt to commit desperate acts, she said, noting that the areas of the least security are the areas of most deprivation.

"It's time to invest more in education, health care and opportunity and less in tanks and bombs," she said, citing the fact that 17 times more is spent on armies and weapons than to stop poverty.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sto...20050504-sbt-MARS-A2-Queen_Noor_calls_pov.sto

Attachments

• cqueen-1.jpg
    cqueen-1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 193
Queen Noor gets it wrong--most terrorists are college educated and from the middle class-see all the Sept 11 terrorists. People from the poorest countries in the world (eg Bangladesh) are rarely terrorists. THis is a well documented fact, and I am very surprised QN didn't check up on this more.

You are right for the most part. But poverty can foment terrorism and there are terrorists who are poor. But I am really tired of rhetoric from people who think they know it all. I would like to know how the poor were helped in Jordan during the reign of QN and KH. SOrry to be so critical, but I am just tired of all the jargon.

elizahawthorne said:
are these new?

-Eliza

I just realized they weren't so I deleted the post. They were on the front page of Getty where they normally post new pics but then I realized they were from 2002!

marezdote said:
I just realized they weren't so I deleted the post. They were on the front page of Getty where they normally post new pics but then I realized they were from 2002!

Aww, but I still wish you hadn't deleted them, but it's okay, I'll go get them from Getty.

-Eliza

In the LK interview, I was surprised to learn QN is always subjected to a search--even the highest level--when she flies. I would think, given her high profile as an american-born Queen of Jordan, she would not be searched--at least, every time she travels. That seems odd to me.

Yes, she has cancelled talks and trips recently. I have to think these book tours are just plain exhausting. Perhaps she overcommitted herself and is just plain fatigued--as well as dealing with the other injuries she mentioned.

I read about her travel schedule pre-LK; she was in 3 different cities on the East and West coasts, gave a speech in San Francisco then immediately did his show.....then was flying off the next morning for another engagement. Seems like a lot to me.

Queen Noor will appear on US televison tonight on MSNBC's Hardball with Chris Matthews at 7:00 PM Eastern time. I apologize if this has already been posted and I have overlooked it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom