The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 01:53 AM
Courtier

It makes a lot of sense Reina :) I completely agree with you...and I think Noor and her children have handled everything after King Hussein's death in a very smart manner...Noor especially, I think, has shown that she truly loves Jordan's people. A lot of people in her position would have left Jordan for good and joined the more glamourous jet set society but Noor continues to work for Jordan - despite the fact that her publicity by local press is almost null. I can't say for sure I could have done the same thing ---

Old 07-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

Here are some pics from her visit to COlombia plus a nice pic from the old days. From networkphotographers.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	colombia.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	172503   Click image for larger version

Name:	colombia2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	172504   Click image for larger version

Name:	colombia3.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	172505   Click image for larger version

Name:	colombia4.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	172506  

Click image for larger version

Name:	colombia6.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	172507  

Old 07-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

I think this accurately sums up my "take" on the situation, as well, re: the style of dress markedly changing after KH's death. And I also agree it is great QN tries to continue to work on meaningful causes rather than just dropping out and joining the jet set. Her press coverage in Jordan is troubling as it seems pretty minimal. But then again, I just see the things people post from "Petra." For example, the other day, QN was opening the Jerash Festival, QR was at some function--honestly can't recall what it was and KA was commemorating the death of his grandfather. I don't know how it stacked up in the newspapers and who received more coverage and if QN was relegated to the back pages--but I'd like to. Anyone see a copy of the newspaper in Jordan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
It makes a lot of sense Reina :) I completely agree with you...and I think Noor and her children have handled everything after King Hussein's death in a very smart manner...Noor especially, I think, has shown that she truly loves Jordan's people. A lot of people in her position would have left Jordan for good and joined the more glamourous jet set society but Noor continues to work for Jordan - despite the fact that her publicity by local press is almost null. I can't say for sure I could have done the same thing ---
Old 07-23-2005, 06:14 PM
Royal Highness

WEll I've have seen online copies of Jordanian newspapers (where I get alot of the photoes I post) and it is discouraging. There is hardly any coverage and with the Jerash festival, she was put in the middle, near bottom of the front page. Ther ewas only one foto and it was smaller. But at other times there is no coverage of her or her sons. Believe me I have looked. ALthough my arabic is a bit limited, I knew what words to look for and I did not find any coverage on them. :(
Old 07-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Royal Highness

From Jordan Times

25th Arab Children's Congress to be held

AMMAN (Petra) — The 25th Arab Children's Congress will open in Amman on Sunday under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Nour. Children representing 13 Arab countries aged between 14-16 will take part in the six-day event, according to the event's director Lina Tall. She said children from France, Russia, the UK and Pakistan will attend the activities.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:55 AM
Commoner

for those of you who read arabic, here is more on the arab children's congress, also includes some qoutes from QN apperance in a documentary about the congress...

http://www.alrai.com/pages.php?news_id=45572

im sure the pics will be nice
Old 07-24-2005, 03:01 AM
Royal Highness

Yeah I saw that article. I wish they would have put QN's pic up instead. Adn the documentary you are talking about-didn't Laith Majali interview her?
Old 07-24-2005, 06:31 AM
Gentry

iam so happy coz queen noor continus 2 work 4 jordan
i want 2 know more about queen noor family in usa like how many brothers and sisters she has i know she has one brother and anyone has any photo of her brother or her family
Old 07-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Gentry

why princess iman not smiling alot she reminds me of prince ali
Old 07-24-2005, 08:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmarina
why princess iman not smiling alot she reminds me of prince ali
well I said it few days ago.
I think some people have a smiling face and other a sad or serious face.
dont think that shes always sad.she often looks this way on pictures.
hashim and ali too.
I think its the GENES
Old 07-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Royal Highness

QN in Jordan :)
http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Jul/24/5280I.htm

http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Jul/24/5282I.htm

http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Jul/24/5283I.htm
Old 07-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Commoner

thats what the article said. Anyone knows him? maybe we can get him to tell us more about the interview.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Commoner

queen noor

queen noor oppening arab children congress 24/7/2005:)
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/membe...28&search.y=16
Old 07-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Courtier

if the pics did not point out that was ricky martin, i would have never guessed it was he...!

princess iman looks nice in curls by the way....it's nice to see her more often now.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Royal Highness

From Al-Ra'i
http://www.alrai.com/image.php?id=29402

I found this article at the near bottom of the front page. :( I guess it was good that I was kind of expecting it that way. Otherwise I would have missed it.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
if the pics did not point out that was ricky martin, i would have never guessed it was he...!

princess iman looks nice in curls by the way....it's nice to see her more often now.

I agree. I just posted some new pics from the jerash opening in Queen noor thread, P. Iman is in them
Old 07-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Royal Highness

Hey here is the site who conducted that interview with QN about the Arab Children's COngress. www.laithmajali.com
Old 07-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Royal Highness

from yahoo news

Old 07-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Commoner

hey reina....thanks for the website, he actually has a picture of him with the queen. Its good to see Jordanians who are working in the creative field.

How do you know him?
Old 07-25-2005, 12:51 AM
Royal Highness

Ok I'll tell the truth. I just knew that he was pictured w/ PHashim and others gave another site of his (I forgot the porper names of those kind sbut it is wher eyou can put up your own little pics and stuff). I don't know him personally, but it would be nice to meet him. He is a very talented guy indeed.