Queen Noor: Current Events, Part 5

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Welcome to Part 5 of Current News & Pictures for Queen Noor.

The previous thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our Posting Rules & Guidelines, specifically the following:

• All images and articles must have a source attributed to it.
  • Only current images can be attached directly to the forum. Old images must be hosted via another source first.
  • Post only 20% of an article, followed by a link to the rest of it.
  • Be respectful even if you do not agree.
  • Stay on topic, otherwise posts will be deleted.

Does "under the patronage" mean she will be there? I know she's going to be in Aspen for a think tank event in the middle of July. I wonder if she'll make an appearance or delegate the tasks to someone like P Alia Feisal.:confused:

USA - 2006 Aspen Institute Ideas Festival
Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan, humanitarian activist and United Nations Expert Advisor, at the Aspen Ideas Festival in Aspen, Colorado. Queen Noor discussed ideas on global dynamics, regional stability, and the Middle East during the event.

from profimedia

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 459
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 428
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 436
fanletizia said:
USA - 2006 Aspen Institute Ideas Festival
Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan, humanitarian activist and United Nations Expert Advisor, at the Aspen Ideas Festival in Aspen, Colorado. Queen Noor discussed ideas on global dynamics, regional stability, and the Middle East during the event.

from profimedia

Thanks for the photos. She looks rested and young. Any articles on what she said exactly in her comments?

Thanks For the pics she look great .

When was it taken? It is cute!:)

Is she going to attend the Children's Congress in Amman this week?

aww this is cute , thanx for posting the pic .

I wish we see her with her children more at least I wish to see them together in the Children's Congress .

maryshawn said:
When was it taken? It is cute!:)

Is she going to attend the Children's Congress in Amman this week?

The pic was taken in 1991.

I hope she attend the ACC today.

I missed it on TV,I feel sorry for the children of lebanon they have always had an important role in the ACC that were held all through the years :(
May God be with them and save them along with the children of palestine and Iraq....
Noor Hamzah was with her...I feel ashamed that we are here celebrating, and bringin singers to sing while Lebanon and Palestine are under constant attack :((

Last edited:
salma said:
The pic was taken in 1991.

I hope she attend the ACC today.

Thanks, Salma! It's such a charming photo! QN looks wonderful at the ACC. Love her outfit. It's good to see her in attendance.:)

Thanks She looks Great.

happy

I am very happy cause yesterday in Arab children congress in the opening ceremony I see queen noor and kiss her majesty in this moment she said to me (god bless you , my love) but in Arabic " Allah yokhaleke habebte"
I am very very happy

:p :rolleyes: :eek: :D :)

hanadihammouri said:
I am very happy cause yesterday in Arab children congress in the opening ceremony I see queen noor and kiss her majesty in this moment she said to me (god bless you , my love) but in Arabic " Allah yokhaleke habebte"
I am very very happy

wow! you are indeed very lucky! and such a kind greeting from the Queen.

welcome to TRF as well. ;)

Wow! Because you are really happy hanadihammouri! That's great to hear!
:D

hanadihammouri said:
I am very very happy

by now there are a lot of people envy you and I one of them but I will say ( mashallah ) :D

Noor looks so wonderful - plastic surgery or not, she looks great for her age! Was Noor Hamzah with her because she didn't show up in any of the Petra pics?

oh

yes , prince noor come with queen noor , she seem so quote and wonderfull , prince noor was very near to me in the cermony:D

hanadihammouri said:
yes , prince noor come with queen noor , she seem so quote and wonderfull , prince noor was very near to me in the cermony:D

awww you are lucky, and the queen's respond was very cute!!!!!!!!:D ;) :D

lil Monkey said:
I missed it on TV,I feel sorry for the children of lebanon they have always had an important role in the ACC that were held all through the years :(
May God be with them and save them along with the children of palestine and Iraq....
Noor Hamzah was with her...I feel ashamed that we are here celebrating, and bringin singers to sing while Lebanon and Palestine are under constant attack :((
Queen Noor looks woderful and so elegant as usual, isn't she just manificent.
Totally agree with you Lil Monkey about the children and everyone else . May God be with them all, bless and save them with their countries, I pray that next year the children of beloved Lebanon will take their proud place in the ACC.

hanadihammouri said:
I am very very happy

How wonderful is that???? I'm so pleased for you! :)

Does QN always attend the ACC and the Jubilee graduation? July seems to be the month she is most active in Jordan with these events going on.

I agree she looks great. Would that I looked half that good at age 54 or 55 (I believe she turns 55 in August of this year....). In both the photos in Aspen and then in Jordan, she looks magnificent. Love the long black tunic she wore at the opening of the ACC. Very elegant. And the turquoise jewelry set it off very nicely. She really looks very much "at home" and like she clearly enjoys being in Jordan. Has her welcome home been warm? She certainly has received nice coverage in Petra. BTW, thanks all for the photos!

Bad news...though quite understandable:

Organisers of the Jerash Festival of Culture and Arts announced this week the postponement of this year’s festival until further notice as result of the conflict between Israel and Hizbollah. Arab pop stars and veteran singers were expected to take part in the two-week event, which was scheduled to start on July 26. Jordan Times

And I was so looking forward to seeing Queen Noor there. Hopefully it'll be rescheduled soon.

This is most unfortunate as it is not only a stunning Festival in its own right but has economic advantages for the country. I, too, hope it will be rescheduled soon! I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, this is the only time the Jerash Festival has had to be cancelled/postponed due to regional tensions. Didn't it still go on during the Gulf War?

I think this article answers your question maryshawn:

Jerash festival cancelled due to Lebanon crisis — organisers

AMMAN — The Jerash festival, which was to begin its 25th year this week, has officially been cancelled for the second time in its history due to the escalating conflict and humanitarian crisis in Lebanon.
The event’s organisers confirmed on Sunday that the festival will not take place this year after earlier reports said it had been postponed. Jordan Times

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I think this article answers your question maryshawn:

Jerash festival cancelled due to Lebanon crisis — organisers

AMMAN — The Jerash festival, which was to begin its 25th year this week, has officially been cancelled for the second time in its history due to the escalating conflict and humanitarian crisis in Lebanon.
The event’s organisers confirmed on Sunday that the festival will not take place this year after earlier reports said it had been postponed. Jordan Times

Thanks, Humera, for the update. I think it is the wise and prescient choice given what's going on. No doubt the organizers mulled over the choice to postpone or cancel--given the event's importance and economic impact in the regiion--but some things can't be helped.

hanadihammouri said:
I am very very happy

You were so lucky, has Queen Noor an accent when speaking Arabic lang? Does anyone know if she speaks a good Arabic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom