Queen Noor: Current Events, Part 5

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
closesttoheaven said:
now, that the weapons keep silent:
what about the jerash festival ?
is it totally canceled or will it take place later this year, does anybody know ?

I think that until the next year.:ermm:

salma said:
I think that until the next year.:ermm:

oh, well.
I just thought because the article said 'Organisers of the Jerash Festival of Culture and Arts announced this week the postponement of this year’s festival'

but it seems you are right :ermm:

I agree with you. In addition to that you also highlit the fact that the position that she is in, isn't one of her own choosing. Hence when asked complex questions, she can 'do' no more than promote peace.

Heidi P. said:
I agree with you. Queen Noor is in a difficult position. She is a Queen. Her husband, the former King of Jordan, is dead. She lives in the US. She does not have an "official" political role in the US or in Jordan. She isn't free to say whatever she wants. She can not step on the toes of the current King of Jordan, she is a representative of that family. She can not criticize US policy or the policies of any country.

I think the only "legitimate" role she can take in this conflict is to support peace in the region and stress the humanitarian needs of the refugees. She is famous so her words will influence humanitarian organizations to send aid to people in need. On Larry King she talked about the needs of women and children. They need drinking water, shelter, food, and medicine. I think that it would be inappropriate for her to get involved in the "politics" of the situation. She can be more effective by getting on Larry King and pleading with the world to send aid to war refugees. I admire her for doing whatever she can. I am sure it will help.

Queen Noor of Jordan listens to the Dalai Lama speaking at the largest Buddhist monument in the U.S., The Great Stupa of Dharmakaya, near Red Feather Lakes, Colorado, September 17, 2006.

from yahoo/reuters

r3043289235vp6.jpg
21py3.jpg
22kb8.jpg

yeah sad or cold she is in colorado looks like her mind may be other places thinking about something else. Still she looks good

amina1 said:
Is it just me or she looks so sad:ermm:

I agree with you, she looks really sad. not like having a bad day..., it's more real sadness. she looks really different.

umm what's wrong with QN, is she crying? why is she wearing gloves and wearing black and a white scarf?!??! those pics got me worried :(

I saw the pictures In the morning but I didn't comment because I was wonder is she feel cold or she is sad ?!

lil Monkey said:
umm what's wrong with QN, is she crying? why is she wearing gloves and wearing black and a white scarf?!??! those pics got me worried :(

it must have been cold there, have seen other pictures from there and all the visitors have worn gloves.
but isn't the white scarf a sign for grief, is it ?

Yea which scared me,but as most of u said its freezing in COlarado now, so she probably was cold.

Thanks!

Jordan..thanks for the informative article. Its great to see Queen Noor up and about and supporting the arts and cultural awareness.

It's true, her position is not easy, anyway her words are conforting, she talks about peace and the needs of the refugees.
She looks a little sad, nevertheless she irradiates beauty and glamour.

Queen Noor looks lovely in those photos.
She has cut her hair quite short. Its also nice to see her wearing a different style of caftan, it looks like one of the more traditional Jordanian thobes.

I think she wore it a few times,It looks like she loves blue, or maybe she believes in the "evil eye",lol

I admit that Blue is very beutiful on her,her turquoise Kaftan was stunning on Hamzah's wedding,and must say that she's aging very well and she's very beautiful for her age 55 I think?

I didn't know that blue on clothes has something to do with "evil eye",i knew it's used in some cultures as pendent sharms or rings,but not on clothes!

TamaraKhan said:
I admit that Blue is very beutiful on her,her turquoise Kaftan was stunning on Hamzah's wedding,and must say that she's aging very well and she's very beautiful for her age 55 I think?

I didn't know that blue on clothes has something to do with "evil eye",i knew it's used in some cultures as pendent sharms or rings,but not on clothes!
lol, yea, I was just joking:ROFLMAO:

Roshanah said:
I agree with you. In addition to that you also highlit the fact that the position that she is in, isn't one of her own choosing. Hence when asked complex questions, she can 'do' no more than promote peace.

Anyway, her title is still Queen of Jordan, so I think she should have some duties to perform in Jordan ,maybe working side by side with QR.

The lovely Queen Noor was apparently here in Bermuda a few months ago...I will try to find some photos from when she was here, or if she did in fact come!

Edit: Sorry all...I had a quick look and couldnt find any photos of the event. However, I did find the link from our official newspaper and she did come here back in March! I will still search for photos!!
http://www.theroyalgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060620/NEWS/106200155

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info :)
I really wish u cud find pics of the event.

I love this photo because its of my favourite Queen and her children. I love the pictures of PH. PA PR and PI when they were children:flowers:

closesttoheaven said:
isn't it cute? :)
source: getty images

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! that is a great photo!! Queen Noor is so elegant and she has a heart of gold. I admire her so much. She is also my favorite queen. Long live Queen Noor!!

Youth Aids Gala
CAPTION
Queen Noor of Jordan, Sir Richard Branson, Emmy Rossum, Ashley Judd, Wynonna Judd and Kate Roberts stand for photos during a reception before the Youth Aids Gala on October 13, 2006 in McLean, Virginia. YouthAIDS will host its annual gala to celebrate the year's successes and honor individuals and corporations who have made outstanding contributions toward the fight against HIV/AIDS. (Pictured:Queen Noor, Sir Richard Branson,Wynonna Judd, Ashley Judd, Emmy Rossum ,Kate Roberts) Photo by Olivier Douliery/ABACAUSA.COM

Women's World Awards
CAPTION
Queen Noor of Jordan poses in the media room backstage at the 3rd Annual Women's World Awards held at the Hammerstein Ballroom on Saturday, October 14, 2006 in New York City, New York. (Pictured: Queen Noor) Photo by Gregorio Binuya/ABACAUSA.COM​

Photos (go to page 3)​

QUEEN NOOR JOINS SHOWBIZ STARS AT WOMEN'S AWARDS

Queen Noor of Jordan found herself sharing the limelight with Hollywood stars and runway sirens when she turned out for a prizegiving in New York at the weekend. The elegant royal met up with former supermodel Claudia Schiffer and Charlie's Angels bombshell Lucy Liu at the Women's World Awards on Saturday night.

awards-queen-noor-1a.jpg

source - hello

source-Photo by Bryan Bedder/Getty Images from newsmakers.com

I like her necklace, the dress was not flattering at all, though the color was nice.

hmmm...personally, i like her dress! it fits her well and adds to her natural elegant look.
you are right dazzling!!...love the necklace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom