The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Serene Highness

i'm a dingbat i forgot all about it and watched the closer. it was repeated at 11 and started watching it but fell asleep. but Queen Noor looked beautiful (she was wearing blue) and spoke very eloquently about the problems facing Jordon and the area in the portion i saw.
sometimes a show is repeated on saturday night's when larry king's program usually isn't live, check it out this weekend but don't know if it will be shown or not.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
i'm a dingbat i forgot all about it and watched the closer. it was repeated at 11 and started watching it but fell asleep. but Queen Noor looked beautiful (she was wearing blue) and spoke very eloquently about the problems facing Jordon and the area in the portion i saw.
sometimes a show is repeated on saturday night's when larry king's program usually isn't live, check it out this weekend but don't know if it will be shown or not.

I saw and Queen Noor seemed passionate in her concern for the people of her region. I guess everyone in the JRF is working to bring about peace in the region and increase humanitarian aid to people in need.

Old 08-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Commoner

Queen Noor will be back on Larry King on CNN at 8pm tonight - new show not a repeat. That show can be seen again at 11pm.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloan
Queen Noor will be back on Larry King on CNN at 8pm tonight - new show not a repeat. That show can be seen again at 11pm.
I saw her again tonight. She is trying very hard to share one message with the world: to have a dialogue about problems, to focus on diplomacy, and to establish peace in her region. She wants people in her region to work together to create a peaceful and safe future for all of the children who live there. She didn't seem very confident about what she was saying tonight: I think this is a difficult and exhausting time for her.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:03 AM
Serene Highness

She looked great tonight on Larry King Nice in Pink Good to see her on tv.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi P.
I saw her again tonight. She is trying very hard to share one message with the world: to have a dialogue about problems, to focus on diplomacy, and to establish peace in her region. She wants people in her region to work together to create a peaceful and safe future for all of the children who live there. She didn't seem very confident about what she was saying tonight: I think this is a difficult and exhausting time for her.
I totally agree. She is still much into politics and has a big knowledge about the political situation in the middle east and supports the peace her husband and others years ago signed.
it's good to know that she's still asked to share her point of view. and btw, the pink she wore looked gorgeous.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Aristocracy

I enjoyed the Larry King show very much. It was great to see the Queen speak as well as several others. I am still coping to come to a complete understanding of this war. It must be a hard time for her, I mean the queen . I agree with you Heidi, must be hard for her and all those who want some some end to it all and especially for the children.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Courtier

http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/08-2006/306People01.pdf

It was too good to be true...
Old 08-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I've often caught repeats of Larry King's shows on weekends. If you look at his link on the CNN site, you can find them. As I missed QN--darn!--I'll check it out.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana
Excellent link! Thank you so much!!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 01:30 AM
Commoner

Queen Noor was on Larry King again Thursday night and will be on yet another special edition of Larry King on CNN Sunday night. Air times are 8pm, 11pm and 2am CST.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Queen Noor was on Larry King again Thursday night and will be on yet another special edition of Larry King on CNN Sunday night. Air times are 8pm, 11pm and 2am CST.

CST ? is it the same like CET or is it - 6 hours ?

thanks for the info
Old 08-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

It's Central Standard Time. In the US, 1 hour behind Eastern time/NY time. I don't know if that helps.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Commoner

You are correct, closesttoheaven it is -6 hours. I apologize for the confusion.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
i was able to watch her guesting on Thursday night (Friday afternoon in my area) but i wasn't able to see the sunday one (it's not yet on, isn't it?). she looked marvelous in that blue blouse.

i appreciate her efforts in finding a solution to the problem and trying to pinpoint the root cause of all the troubles. although, IMO, the reasons behind the recent conflict is much more than what she says as the root cause (which i won't go into anymore, since it' off topic).
Old 08-07-2006, 06:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
i was able to watch her guesting on Thursday night (Friday afternoon in my area) but i wasn't able to see the sunday one (it's not yet on, isn't it?). she looked marvelous in that blue blouse.

i appreciate her efforts in finding a solution to the problem and trying to pinpoint the root cause of all the troubles. although, IMO, the reasons behind the recent conflict is much more than what she says as the root cause (which i won't go into anymore, since it' off topic).
no, the sunday one isn't online.
I watched it, this time she looked tired anyway, her eyes were so small and then the eye shadow made them looking artificial big.

she wore them same or a very similiar dress like the thursday one.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat

I agree with you. Queen Noor is in a difficult position. She is a Queen. Her husband, the former King of Jordan, is dead. She lives in the US. She does not have an "official" political role in the US or in Jordan. She isn't free to say whatever she wants. She can not step on the toes of the current King of Jordan, she is a representative of that family. She can not criticize US policy or the policies of any country.

I think the only "legitimate" role she can take in this conflict is to support peace in the region and stress the humanitarian needs of the refugees. She is famous so her words will influence humanitarian organizations to send aid to people in need. On Larry King she talked about the needs of women and children. They need drinking water, shelter, food, and medicine. I think that it would be inappropriate for her to get involved in the "politics" of the situation. She can be more effective by getting on Larry King and pleading with the world to send aid to war refugees. I admire her for doing whatever she can. I am sure it will help.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Commoner

Queen Noor was on a morning news show today. Here is the link to see her interview:
http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?...&f=00&fg=email
Old 08-28-2006, 04:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi P.
I agree with you. Queen Noor is in a difficult position. She is a Queen. Her husband, the former King of Jordan, is dead. She lives in the US. She does not have an "official" political role in the US or in Jordan. She isn't free to say whatever she wants. She can not step on the toes of the current King of Jordan, she is a representative of that family. She can not criticize US policy or the policies of any country.

I think the only "legitimate" role she can take in this conflict is to support peace in the region and stress the humanitarian needs of the refugees. She is famous so her words will influence humanitarian organizations to send aid to people in need. On Larry King she talked about the needs of women and children. They need drinking water, shelter, food, and medicine. I think that it would be inappropriate for her to get involved in the "politics" of the situation. She can be more effective by getting on Larry King and pleading with the world to send aid to war refugees. I admire her for doing whatever she can. I am sure it will help.
IAWTC - you have made some good points. I don't visit these forums that often and had no idea that QN is an advisor on conflict resolution for the UN - i wonder what her role involves on a day to day basis? Does anyone know?
Old 09-09-2006, 05:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Bad news...though quite understandable:

Organisers of the Jerash Festival of Culture and Arts announced this week the postponement of this year’s festival until further notice as result of the conflict between Israel and Hizbollah. Arab pop stars and veteran singers were expected to take part in the two-week event, which was scheduled to start on July 26. Jordan Times

And I was so looking forward to seeing Queen Noor there. Hopefully it'll be rescheduled soon.
now, that the weapons keep silent:
what about the jerash festival ?
is it totally canceled or will it take place later this year, does anybody know ?