The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 01:48 AM
Serene Highness

tried posting this yesterday but couldn't because of our site problems--a pic of Queen Noor from the UNU-ILI inauguration, from Hello:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/newsinp...6&currentImg=6

Old 04-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Noor of Jordan, Chair of the Advisory Board of (UNU-ILI), speaks during the inauguration of the United Nation University- International Leadership Institute in Amman18 April 2006.

From ANP without watermark

Old 04-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this is suppose for Queen Noor's Picture Thread, but i couldn't find it.. so, moderators, please feel free to move it.. please..

Humanitarian Prize for SOS Children's Villages
Queen Noor of Jordan, patron of SOS Children's Village in Jordan, speaks during the award show in the New York Hilton Hotel, 14 October 2002. The SOS Children's Village organisation which is active in 131 countries is the 2002 winner of the world's largest humanitarian award endowed with one million dollars.

photos by Jens Kalaene/dpa/Corbis
October 14, 2002

Old 04-25-2006, 05:50 AM
Serene Highness

these were the photos used for the Vogue September 2003 article (which featured excerpts from her book "Leap of Faith"). i posted the pics and article on the Royal Library forum. but the middle pic is not included in the article

my post is here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9-post116.html

thanks for the pics haanmr! :)
Old 04-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Nobility

http://www.arabamericannews.com/news...articleid=5110

queen noor presents award
Old 04-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Nobility

http://www.pbase.com/bill_adams/image/42035161/original

http://www.didik.com/nycinpictures/celeb/IM008142.JPG
Old 05-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Nobility

http://www.strategiy.com/itnew.asp?id=20060501075300

Old 05-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Noor of Jordan, attends the 8th Annual Gibran 'Spirit of Humanity' Gala, hosted by the Arab American Institute Foundation, Wednesday, May 3, 2006 in Washington. Former Polish President Lech Walesa is scheduled to receive the 2006 Gibran Award for Individual Achievement for his efforts as a human rights activist and leader of Poland's trade union Solidarity

from yahoo/ap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	241908   Click image for larger version

Name:	52.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	241909  
Old 05-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Aristocracy

Still a beautiful Queen..
Old 05-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

In this photo released by the Arab American Institute (AAI), Queen Noor of Jordan (L) presents former White House Chief of Staff John H. Sununu with the Najeeb Halaby Award for Public Service at the Arab American Institute Foundation's Eighth Annual Kahlil Gibran "Spirit of Humanity Awards" gala 03 May, 2006, in Washington, DC.

from AFP-ANP

Old 05-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Courtier

I can see that the face of Queen Noor is always shining the last time. Is this because of special make up of because of surgeries?
I know that she made a surgerie on her lips. I like queen Noor but she looks onatural the last time.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

QUEEN NOOR AT HIGH POINT UNIVERSITY. MAY 6, 2006. GETTY

Old 05-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Old 05-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Nobility

thank you so much salma
first time i see her with glasses and it looks strange but still beautifull
she seemed to have eye problems.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:08 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
thank you so much salma
first time i see her with glasses and it looks strange but still beautifull
she seemed to have eye problems.
You´re wellcome:) .

I think that Queen Noor cry during the ceremony. She´s beautiful with her glasses.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
It's an interesting thing to ponder. Even though he was very close to CP Hassan, as KH got older and his sons grew up, I think he would've ended up choosing one of them as his successor anyway.

Abdullah was 37 or so when he assumed the CP then King role. I guess what puzzles me is how KH wasn't seemingly interested in grooming his sons for possibly being King--assigning them projects and watching them in action. I think KH was they kind of man who very much lived in the day; multiple assassination attempts will do that for you, I'm sure! But he had Abdullah, Feisal, Ali and Hamzah all as possible successors; yet he didn't seem to care about seeing what they might be capable of as ruler. In the end, choosing Abdullah was the easiest choice for a dying man who wanted to have one of his sons inherit the throne. KH waited till it was too late to consider anyone else. Whatever one thinks of KA, choosing him as a successor when one is on one's deathbed because it was a logical, easy choice as Abdullah was the eldest son and there wouldn't have to be any changes made in the constitution--well, it seems like it wasn't the best planned or thought out choice.....if this makes any sense.
Interesting comments. I think that KH chose Abdullah becuase of the past history of Jordan. Like you say KH was subject to assasination attempts; he was also subject to several coup attempts. I guess he felt that Abdullah being a family man and having military training would be better than Hamzah who was in his late teens? when his father died.

For me it seems like he did think it out - but due to his failing health it was thought out quickly. So yes he should have thought about and sorted out the succession issue years before. But i guess he put it of. Then obviously on dying he made the decision about Abdullah.

BUT - with so many children and ex-wives i think the succession issue in Jordan for years was extremely complicated. QN obviously wanted her eldest son Hamzah to become CP. KH couldn't do this becuase of his age. PHasan was the heir up until Abdullah became the heir. Now KH couldn't have made Abdullah the heir before his death because of (well this is my belief) of pressure from QN. Yes, i know alot of people say that QN didn't put any pressure on her husband for Hamzah to be named heir or CP - but i believe she must of.

Now supposing KH had named Hamzah his heir say in the 80's and he had died. It would have left Jordan (which i think was alittle unstable politcally then) with a child as the ruler. Not a good situation. So he waited.

As for him not training them - i think he did didn't he? They recieved military training and must have participated in government and so on. The fact that the succession was so smooth after KH's death proves to me that he must have had some sort of training in government issues.

I HOPE MY POST MAKES SENSE!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 05:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma
You´re wellcome:) .

I think that Queen Noor cry during the ceremony. She´s beautiful with her glasses.
ya i thought the same that she cried - but maybe its only some eye illness - because she wears glasses - and i have to do so too - when my eyes are sick.lenses dont work then :(
Old 05-07-2006, 05:48 AM
Nobility

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...n/57546020.jpg
is it princess raiyah the girl?
on one picture salma posted - the girl is with queen noor too.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...n/57546020.jpg
is it princess raiyah the girl?
on one picture salma posted - the girl is with queen noor too.
No. It's not princess Raiyah.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Aristocracy

I would like to know if it is possibble for Queen Noor to remarry?
And, if she does remarry lets say to an American will she lose her
title as Queen?