Queen Noor: Current Events IV

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pic They all llok great love Iman with QN.

Queen Noor of Jordan attends the East Coast premiere of the movie 'An Inconvenient Truth' in Washington May 17, 2006. 'An Inconvenient Truth' tells the story of former U.S. Vice President Al Gore's commitment to expose the myths and misconceptions that surround global warming and inspire actions to prevent it

from yahoo/reuters

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 298
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 221
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 224
She looks great like the outfit thanks for the pics.

fanletizia said:
Queen Noor of Jordan attends the East Coast premiere of the movie 'An Inconvenient Truth' in Washington May 17, 2006. 'An Inconvenient Truth' tells the story of former U.S. Vice President Al Gore's commitment to expose the myths and misconceptions that surround global warming and inspire actions to prevent it

from yahoo/reuters

thank you for the pictures - she looks great and i love her dress there :)

Wonderful pictuers of the lovely Queen Noor its always good to see her still very much active within the world community!

closesttoheaven said:
ya i thought the same that she cried - but maybe its only some eye illness - because she wears glasses - and i have to do so too - when my eyes are sick.lenses dont work then :(

I guess the Lasik procedures she underwent didn't work out perfectly. She was so excited at the time, saying she'd been wearing glasses or contacts most of her life. Actually, she went to Atlanta for the procedure while KH was at Mayo Clinic. When she returned with copy of the tape of the procedure in hand, she said--and I believe this is in her book, as well--that the King really enjoyed watching the video over and over, but she couldn't bear to look at it!

maryshawn said:
I guess the Lasik procedures she underwent didn't work out perfectly. She was so excited at the time, saying she'd been wearing glasses or contacts most of her life. Actually, she went to Atlanta for the procedure while KH was at Mayo Clinic. When she returned with copy of the tape of the procedure in hand, she said--and I believe this is in her book, as well--that the King really enjoyed watching the video over and over, but she couldn't bear to look at it!

no it didnt!her eyes must have been too bad.
i think she has cornea curvatures (dunno if its right translation in english) and my doc told me that when it is too hard - the procedure doesnt work perfectly!
so i guess she has it too - most people with really bad eyes have it and in an interview she said that she still has to wear lenses for driving the car or watching tv.

Amina said:
I think what i was trying to say was that it was only natural that she would want PH to become the crown prince. Obviously that didn't happen and yes, i've read too that PH was apparantly his favourite son too.

I believe that at some point they (as in QN & KH) must have discussed the succession; i can't believe that they didn't.

As for what i base my beliefs on; only on what i've read etc. Obviously i'm no expert on the in's and outs of the JRF. Just feel that QN must have lobbied for her son to be crown prince.

How long has Jordan been a kingdom and how many Kings has this country had? This may be the wrong place to ask but the succession discussion has made me wonder. Is it a new kingdom or an old one?

starnightsky said:
How long has Jordan been a kingdom and how many Kings has this country had? This may be the wrong place to ask but the succession discussion has made me wonder. Is it a new kingdom or an old one?

hi! Jordan became its own kingdom in 1916 after the Arab revolt and it has had 4 kings: King Abdullah I, King Talal, King Hussein, and the current monarch. they're a relatively young kingdom, in terms of Jordan's modern history. check out the Jordanian royals' official websites if you want to get an official version of their history.

hope it helped! ;) :)

RhapsodyBrat said:
hi! Jordan became its own kingdom in 1916 after the Arab revolt and it has had 4 kings: King Abdullah I, King Talal, King Hussein, and the current monarch. they're a relatively young kingdom, in terms of Jordan's modern history. check out the Jordanian royals' official websites if you want to get an official version of their history.

lol No Jordan has not became a kingdon in 1916, it was an emirate in 1921...

jordan.JPG

The land that became Jordan is part of the richly historical Fertile Crescent region. Its history began around 2000 B.C., when Semitic Amorites settled around the Jordan River in the area called Canaan. Subsequent invaders and settlers included Hittites, Egyptians, Israelites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Arab Muslims, Christian Crusaders, Mameluks, Ottoman Turks, and, finally, the British. At the end of World War I, the League of Nations as the mandate for Palestine and Transjordan awarded the territory now comprising Israel, Jordan, the West Bank, Gaza, and Jerusalem to the United Kingdom. In 1922, the British divided the mandate by establishing the semiautonomous Emirate of Transjordan, ruled by the Hashemite Prince Abdullah, while continuing the administration of Palestine under a British High Commissioner. The mandate over Transjordan ended on May 22, 1946; on May 25, the country became the independent Hashemite Kingdom of Transjordan. It ended its special defense treaty relationship with the United Kingdom in 1957.
Transjordan was one of the Arab states which moved to assist Palestinian nationalists opposed to the creation of Israel in May 1948, and took part in the warfare between the Arab states and the newly founded State of Israel. The armistice agreements of April 3, 1949 left Jordan in control of the West Bank and provided that the armistice demarcation lines were without prejudice to future territorial settlements or boundary lines. In 1950, the country was renamed the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to include those portions of Palestine annexed by King Abdullah. While recognizing Jordanian administration over the West Bank, the United States maintained the position that ultimate sovereignty was subject to future agreement.

http://www.historyofnations.net/asia/jordan.html

RhapsodyBrat said:

Thank You so much for the info! Now I have to read about the Arab revolt and I thought that I knew history:)

starnightsky said:
Thank You so much for the info! Now I have to read about the Arab revolt and I thought that I knew history:)

Some of the info that was provided are NOT true.

Thanks for the pics of Queen Noor .

More images from ukpress

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 310
hi every 1..am new here and am interested in most topics...especially prince Hashim...but i want to see his saudi wife's picture...can't seem to be able to do that on the net alt all...would any 1 plz helllllllllllllllp?

Queen Noor Al Hussein of the Kingdom of Jordan is among the guests at the 11th annual International Economic Forum of the Americas. The annual forum aims to provide a venue for open discussion of major international economic issues and the facilitating of contacts between representatives of business, government and international agencies

from deadline

Attachments

• DL113717_001.jpg
    DL113717_001.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 249
  • DL113717_002.jpg
    DL113717_002.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 225
  • DL113717_003.jpg
    DL113717_003.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 383
  • DL113717_004.jpg
    DL113717_004.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 243
  • DL113717_005.jpg
    DL113717_005.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 406
  • DL113717_006.jpg
    DL113717_006.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 432
  • DL113717_007.jpg
    DL113717_007.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 386
  • DL113717_008.jpg
    DL113717_008.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
I guess all the pictures I've been seeing of QN were old because she looks so much older here. Still very pretty though!

Princess Mahala said:
Plastic surgeries? Wow! I didn't know that. You are serious right?

That's what I understand from the post here.You can read it on the other thread of Queen Noor. But You can also see that the place between her nose and her lip is (bigger/swelling) than in the past. :eek:. So I can see that she made a plastic surgerie on her lip.

Last edited:
I hate to say it but I think Queen Noor looks awful in the recent pictures.

Did anyone go to "Roads to You" concert, the one that Queen Noor patroned over? I went, and it was AMAZING. QN obviously knows what is GREAT music. The guy, Zade, who wrote all the pieces, incorporated instruments from all over the world into the performance...it was SO COOL!!!! I don't think any of her kids went, though. It's really nice that QN did this.:)

You can find more info about it at: http://www.zade.com/site_roadstoyou/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom