Queen Noor: Current Events IV

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks wonderfu:)
Does anyone know if she gets paid for doing those speeches? Thanks.

she must get a lot of money from these speeches and also from her book...makes you wonder if Hussein really left her all that money or not. or maybe she just wants more for her family's security.

Amina said:
Yeah her mom is old and i guess she wants to be near her. Just wondering are her children still studying in the States?

Is Iman still at Georgetown ?

houri said:
lovely picture , thank you for posting it .

thanx, it's the very 1st time I can c a pic of any R couple, where he is holding her, wow, I bet she's pregnant, she looks so, and Hamzah looks very in love and happy.....

madonna23 said:
she must get a lot of money from these speeches and also from her book...makes you wonder if Hussein really left her all that money or not. or maybe she just wants more for her family's security.

I read an article about a year ago when President Bill Clinton was in Toronto as part of his book tour. The article was about how much people can earn on the talk circuit. President Bill Clinton was one of the top earners at the time -- he could command as much as $500,000 to $1 million for a speech. His wife, Senator Hillary Clinton earned about $250,000-$500,000.

Queen Noor, who was just wrapping up her book tour, was on the list. She reportedly earned $100,000-$250,000.

These numbers were based on figures earned in North America, so I don't know what Queen Noor might earn in Europe or the Middle East.

She is a very captivating speaker though; I heard her speak once at a convention for women. She is very soft spoken, but when she starts talking and telling her stories, you can hear a pin drop.

madonna23 said:

ya for sure but all the money she earns for her book speeches goes to the KHF - so its not for herself and the family.

for sure he left her and his children money - i think so.

haanmr said:
I put pictures for queen noor 1978 in lizahalaby file , ande pictures for prince hamzah and princess mona, pictures for prince mohammad and princess taghrid and adopts' doughter in my group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Queen_Noor_al_Hussein/

thanks haanmr - i havent checked the files there for some weeks now.
really great picture of hamzeh and the mona picture is nice too - i see much abdallah in her.

and QN was really a cute child - there are some pictures of her childhood i havent seen before :)

i have a senseless question, i'm just curious,i wonder if the late King Hussein was still alive today and would sit on the throne for many more years,who'd be his most eligible and promising successor? his eldest son or his favorite? i want to know whether it's just because prince hamzeh was too young to assume the responsibility of being a ruler in 1999 when his father died,then............................................was the only choice for the dying king at that time?

It's an interesting thing to ponder. Even though he was very close to CP Hassan, as KH got older and his sons grew up, I think he would've ended up choosing one of them as his successor anyway.

Abdullah was 37 or so when he assumed the CP then King role. I guess what puzzles me is how KH wasn't seemingly interested in grooming his sons for possibly being King--assigning them projects and watching them in action. I think KH was they kind of man who very much lived in the day; multiple assassination attempts will do that for you, I'm sure! But he had Abdullah, Feisal, Ali and Hamzah all as possible successors; yet he didn't seem to care about seeing what they might be capable of as ruler. In the end, choosing Abdullah was the easiest choice for a dying man who wanted to have one of his sons inherit the throne. KH waited till it was too late to consider anyone else. Whatever one thinks of KA, choosing him as a successor when one is on one's deathbed because it was a logical, easy choice as Abdullah was the eldest son and there wouldn't have to be any changes made in the constitution--well, it seems like it wasn't the best planned or thought out choice.....if this makes any sense.;)

tflos_1985 said:
i have a senseless question, i'm just curious,i wonder if the late King Hussein was still alive today and would sit on the throne for many more years,who'd be his most eligible and promising successor? his eldest son or his favorite? i want to know whether it's just because prince hamzeh was too young to assume the responsibility of being a ruler in 1999 when his father died,then............................................was the only choice for the dying king at that time?

maryshawn said:
It's an interesting thing to ponder. Even though he was very close to CP Hassan, as KH got older and his sons grew up, I think he would've ended up choosing one of them as his successor anyway.

Abdullah was 37 or so when he assumed the CP then King role. I guess what puzzles me is how KH wasn't seemingly interested in grooming his sons for possibly being King--assigning them projects and watching them in action. I think KH was they kind of man who very much lived in the day; multiple assassination attempts will do that for you, I'm sure! But he had Abdullah, Feisal, Ali and Hamzah all as possible successors; yet he didn't seem to care about seeing what they might be capable of as ruler. In the end, choosing Abdullah was the easiest choice for a dying man who wanted to have one of his sons inherit the throne. KH waited till it was too late to consider anyone else. Whatever one thinks of KA, choosing him as a successor when one is on one's deathbed because it was a logical, easy choice as Abdullah was the eldest son and there wouldn't have to be any changes made in the constitution--well, it seems like it wasn't the best planned or thought out choice.....if this makes any sense.;)

ya i think so the same.but we shouldnt forget prince hashem.

maybe king hussein would fav him today.who knows.
but i can imagine - if he lived today and would die now - there could be another king than abdallah now.
i really think prince hamzeh was too young.king hussein had the same age and all his young life he spent with being kind and not much freetime and time for other important things.
but now that all of his sons are in the mid twenties and older... who knows what would be :rolleyes:

Oops, forgot Prince Hashem!!!! (and he's one of my favorites!!!) Thanks for catching that! P Hamzah was too young at the time of his father's death. I think that KH should've been "screening" all of his sons once they entered their 20s to see how they comported themselves. And, yes, certainly there might still have been a KA--or a close, tight group of brothers ruling Jordan more equally. Didn't KH complain that he wanted to discuss such things and hold family councils but P Hassan wouldn't go along with the idea?

closesttoheaven said:
ya i think so the same.but we shouldnt forget prince hashem.

maybe king hussein would fav him today.who knows.
but i can imagine - if he lived today and would die now - there could be another king than abdallah now.
i really think prince hamzeh was too young.king hussein had the same age and all his young life he spent with being kind and not much freetime and time for other important things.
but now that all of his sons are in the mid twenties and older... who knows what would be :rolleyes:

but i think who is the present king must mean a lot to Queen Noor, though many people said that she didn't care about the title at all, i still feel a bit sorry for her, she seemed so involved and energetic before, but now................, sometimes i think if prince Hamzeh was the king , she wouldn't be so.........................but now, some people say she doesn't enjoy a good relationship with KA and QR, some say she seemingly never belongs to the royal circle ,or even that she was ignored at her son's wedding , if all this is true, i think it's really unfair, the queen's childhood and youth ---born in a distinguished family, educated in a famous university, and married to a monarch---indicated what was to lie for her ahead would be a road "smooth", full of success. she has got three things that most women're dreaming for birth, breeding and brilliance ,now, the unexpected result is that she is just in name only, and becomes less and less influential, what's really going on inside her?

I don't totally agree that Noor has lost her influence just because she's not the reigning queen in Jordan any more. She might not be as powerful in Jordan as she once was--that's only normal, she's NOT the acting queen anymore, but she's still a very dominent figure internationally. I think that's exactly what she wanted to do after KH died. She does many speeches and a lot of charity work all over the world and is spreading her message that way. She's still represents Jordan in a very possitive way. I'm really proud of what she's doing and who she's become. Her book was a best seller for so long and I think she's doing exactly what she wants to do. Yes it might be a little sad the was the Jordanian family is treating her, but that's not the end of the world and she was never all that close to all of them to begin with.

tflos_1985 said:
but i think who is the present king must mean a lot to Queen Noor, though many people said that she didn't care about the title at all, i still feel a bit sorry for her, she seemed so involved and energetic before, but now................, sometimes i think if prince Hamzeh was the king , she wouldn't be so.........................but now, some people say she doesn't enjoy a good relationship with KA and QR, some say she seemingly never belongs to the royal circle ,or even that she was ignored at her son's wedding , if all this is true, i think it's really unfair, the queen's childhood and youth ---born in a distinguished family, educated in a famous university, and married to a monarch---indicated what was to lie for her ahead would be a road "smooth", full of success. she has got three things that most women're dreaming for birth, breeding and brilliance ,now, the unexpected result is that she is just in name only, and becomes less and less influential, what's really going on inside her?

Queen Noor wins public service award

AMMAN (JT) — The Common Wealth Awards has announced that Her Majesty Queen Noor is the winner of the 2006 award for public service for her advocacy of global peace-building, human rights and conflict recovery issues.
Fellow recipients of the 2006 Common Wealth Award are John Glenn for government; Mike Nichols for dramatic arts; Rita Dove for literature; and Anderson Cooper for mass communications.
The honourees will receive a shared prize of $250,000 at the Common Wealth Awards celebration April 1 at the Hotel du Pont in Wilmington, according to a statement released by the organisers.
http://www.jordantimes.com/fri/homenews/homenews4.htm

hilal said:
Queen Noor is the Grace Kelly of the Woodstock generation???
This is little exaggeration!

Why not ? Grace Kelly was very very beeautiful, but apart from that, WHAT HAS SHE DONE IN THE WORLD ? Sure, she was a good actress.... she was fantastic, really- though, she left acting to marry a Prince, FOR LOVE OR NOT?????' , NO1 KNOWS FOR SURE, she gave him 3 kids,( I heard she was even too strict with Caroline, while partial with Stephanie, maybe that's why there's no love lost btw the 2sis......)- QN, instead, achieved far far more, she was a devoted wife and mother, for a start- she tried to work for Jordan women and she still does her job-

hilal said:

I'll have to agree with you, Grace was one of the most beautiful woman of all times!

hilal said:

thats an understatement - in my eyes:(
what did grace kelly - except of being something like a beauty?
she died early - and people who die early are everything - and people who work hard their whole life are... something else.:confused:

dun understand this kind of views:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom