Queen Noor Current Events 6: March 15-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched it on jordan TV yesterday, I haven't seen who came with her ( princesses)

I watched it on jordan TV yesterday, I haven't seen who came with her ( princesses)

The only princesses/princes attended were prince Faisal's children.

Queen Noor was accompanied by Their Royal Highnesses Prince Omar Al Feisal, Princess Aya Al Feisal, Princess Aisha Al Feisal and Princess Sarah Al Feisal.

Jordan Times

i come across some article in web about QNoor said her name is Lisa Halabi???
i always thought Noor is her real name,when she change it before or after her marriage??

i come across some article in web about QNoor said her name is Lisa Halabi???
i always thought Noor is her real name,when she change it before or after her marriage??

She changed her name after marriage, she born Elizabeth (Lisa) Najeeb Halaby. King Hussein choosed for her the name of Noor.

thanks Salma:flowers:
Noor is lovely name.

You´re welcome:flowers:

Yes Noor is very beautiful name. Queen Noor always said her name was the better gift from her husband. King Hussein too choosed the name of Princess Muna.

Hi closesttoheaven!
Thanks for posting the ling to the article. (In addition to what you said) The article said that the Jordanian government decided to close the Jerash Cultural Festival after a 1/4 of a century since its launch. :eek:

It also said that the Jordanian government chose to retain the festival but to change its name to the Jordanian Cultural Festival, which has several other models in other countries. :bang: The essence will be the same but will be used to as they put it focus more upon a more centralized broader culture.:lol:

It also said that the festival shall be held anually. This was announced by the Jordanian Cultural Minsiter Nancy Bakeer.

The article continues (as you know) to emphasize the devastation felt by the Former head of the Jerash Festival.

I hope this helps :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Moreover I know Queen Noor won't let her feeling of dissapointment go unnoticed.:D

My question is: if the festival was 'suffering from financial shortages' as the article claimed, then why change its name, make slight addition s/changes and hold it anually as it was before? Wouldn't more money be better used by revamping what already exists and then relaunching the package?

I sometimes wonder at these decisions made.

any sources?
why do they cancel? i dont understand...people love it? is it also a step against queen noor?
really, incredible...:bang::bang::ohmy:

well I only discovered an arabic article about the festival and it says that it is not cancelled but they change its name?!
maybe someone can translate it better:

ÇáÚÑÈ Çáíæã

and here an article about cancelling, but I dont find a reason in it...
they said its successful but suffers from financial problems...
alarabonline ÇáÚÑÈ ÇæäáÇíä

I would imagine if theres are the 'shortage' then it would cancel it altogether. :ermm: ;)

I read HM Queen Noor's memoir a couple of years ago. I remember she wrote that she never really identified with her name Lisa. I feel somewhat sad about reading this as personally, I believe a name given by your own parents is their special blessing to you. Is it because Lisa is a shorten form of Elizabeth, which is biblical?

I think Elizabeth is a more dignified name than Lisa - no offence to anybody called Lisa out there. Maybe Noor meant Lisa didn't suit her personality, lacked gravitas. Elizabeth is the name of the wife of Zacarias (bible and holy qur'an) and the mother of John the Baptist or Yahya as Muslims know him and has a long history.

Thank you, Yamamah for posting the related info on the name, Elizabeth.

Sioux Falls speaker ignites controversy

The list includes Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel and former Sen. James Abourezk, a frequent critic of Israel. Al Gore spoke at Augustana, as did the elder George Bush, Queen Noor, Rudy Guiliani, Mexico’s Vincente Fox, Maya Angelou, Colin Powell, Mikhail Gorbachev, Newt Gingrich and Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
Sioux Falls speaker ignites controversy | argusleader.com | Argus Leader

Jordan's Queen Noor speaks during the Service Nation Summit in New York September 12, 2008. Around 500 U.S. leaders from all walks of life will gather at the two-day summit to celebrate citizen service and discuss more opportunities for volunteer and national service.
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Interview with her in CNN
queen noor - Search results for queen noor - CNN.com
Wow, I wish she was running for president! Wonderful interview and so incredibly well spoken! And she looks great, the best I've seen in a while.

Jordan's Queen Noor speaks during the Service Nation Summit in New York September 12, 2008. Around 500 U.S. leaders from all walks of life will gather at the two-day summit to celebrate citizen service and discuss more opportunities for volunteer and national service.

Interview with her in CNN
queen noor - Search results for queen noor - CNN.com

Is Queen Noor a Kabbalah fan? She wears a red string.

Jordan’s Queen Noor was one of over 200 guests at a September 9, 2008 reception at the Smithsonian Castle in Washington, D.C. to introduce the Arab American National Museum to funders, lawmakers and other dignitaries based in our nation’s capital. Among those in attendance were representatives of the Smithsonian Institution, the National Endowment for the Arts and the Institute for Museum and Library Services, as well as U.S. senators, members of the House of Representatives, and Arab American community leaders.
Smithonian Institution, September 9, 2008 - a set on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom