Queen Noor: Current Events 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
Queen Noor current events thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!

Queen Noor's Official site has been updated and has a new design. There are wonderful transcripts of her speeches, information about her daily projects, a detailed biography, etc. There are also fantastic photos of the Queen as a child, teenager, young woman and many of her with her family.

Her Majesty Queen Noor-Official Website

I know some of you have read Queen Noor's autobiograhpy. So maybe you all can hellp me with this.

I know that her given name is Lisa.. how exactly did Noor come into being, does the name have special meaning. I guess Queen Noor sounds a lot better than Queen Lisa...

I had been wondering about this for a while and decided to ask.

raven

The name "NOOR" means "light" in arabic or "enlightment". With her marriage, her name became Noor-Al Hussein...ie, "light-of Hussein". It is the name the the late king Hussein had chosen for her when she converted and married him.

www.yahoo.com - Former South African President Nelson Mandela, front, watched by Queen Noor of Jordan, back left, and South African President Thabo Mbeki, back right, speaks during the opening ceremony of the fifth World Parks Congress in Durban South Africa, Monday Sept 8, 2003. (AP Photo/str)

www.yahoo.com - The colour fuschia with all the intricate beading from this traditional outfit creates a stunning effect and Queen Noor looks absolutely radiant.

www.yahoo.com - A full view of Queen Noor's dress (with Nelson Mandela - who is absolutely peaceful and calming in person. I had the pleasure of meeting him once and he is every bit the gentle and compassionate soul he is often described as.)

Attachments

• noor_1.jpg
    noor_1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 392
  • noor_2.jpg
    noor_2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 304
  • noor_3.jpg
    noor_3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 300
HELLO! - The place for celebrity news - hellomagazine.com

QUEEN NOOR TAKES CENTRE STAGE IN SOUTH AFRICA

9 SEPTEMBER 2003
Queen Noor of Jordan stepped into her role as patron of the World Parks Congress (WPC) on Monday, joining two South African leaders – President Thabo Mbeki and his predecessor, Nelson Mandela – at the once-in-a-decade global environment meeting in Durban.

Radiant in pink, Queen Noor shared centre stage with the two statesmen as they kicked off the ten-day congress, which aims to address issues related to protected areas around the globe, from national parks to marine sanctuaries. The 52-year-old widow of King Hussein spoke of the importance of partnerships as the only viable option for the preservation of the environment, and Mr Mandela promoted youth involvement as the key to the
future.

President Mbeki, meanwhile, pointed out the links between alleviating poverty and improving conservation, saying: "It is critically important that alternative means of livelihood be found for the poor in the world, so that they are not forced to act in a manner that undermines the global effort to protect these ecosystems, driven by hunger and underdevelopment."

More than 2,500 dignitaries, local leaders, businesspeople and conservationists from over 170 countries are taking part in this year's event, which is run by the World Conservation Union.

Attachments

• noor_dop1a.jpg
    noor_dop1a.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 391
  • noor_dop2a.jpg
    noor_dop2a.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 257
What an amazing traditional dress....Queen Noor looks beautiful as always..

Attachments

• N.jpg
    N.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 507
  • N1.jpg
    N1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 614
  • N2.jpg
    N2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 534
  • N4.jpg
    N4.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 471
  • N5.jpg
    N5.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 608
  • N4.jpg
    N4.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 467
Lovely pictures, Paulette. :flower:

The dress Queen Noor is wearing looks a lot like the one she wore to her son Hamzah's wedding. Did the Queen comment on her son's engagement/wedding at all during her book tour in Madrid? And does anyone know if the Queen will be paying a private visit to the Spanish royals? Queen Noor and Queen Sofia are quite close, I believe.

Madrid, Spain - Princess Noor of Jordania has come to Madrid to present her authobiography calles "Memories of an unexpected life" in the Palace Hotel. Photo: Euroimagen colourpress.com - colour the world with photos ...

Attachments

• JR_noor_500g.jpg
    JR_noor_500g.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 522
  • JR_noor_500h.jpg
    JR_noor_500h.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 512
Queen Noor's book is excellent. I highly recommend it for anyone.

www.hellomagazine.com

'LEAP OF FAITH' BRINGS QUEEN NOOR TO MADRID

18 SEPTEMBER 2003
Queen Noor of Jordan was warmly received in Madrid this week as she presented her new book, Leap Of Faith: Memoirs Of An Unexpected Life.

In the book she reveals the details of her life with King Hussein, from their first chance meeting in 1976 until his death from cancer many years later.

The work also tells of her experiences as an American woman adjusting to life in the Middle East. And light is cast on some of the region's key political players, including Yasser Arafat and Saddam Hussein, as the king tries to broker peace.

The queen, 52, has been taking an increasingly high-profile role in international affairs in recent years. Hailing from a prominent Arab-American family, she was educated at Princeton University, before marrying King Hussein in 1978.

Since then, she has used her position to promote women's rights and the work of the United Nations. She is also head of the Noor Al Hussein Foundation, which campaigns to improve living conditions for the people of her country.

some pictures from Hello

Another photo from Hello

Attachments

• noor_dop1a.jpg
    noor_dop1a.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 499
  • noor_dop2a.jpg
    noor_dop2a.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 296
:p What a coincidence! I am just reading that book. In Finnish. And a very interesting book it is indeed. :flower:

Polfoto 17-09-2003 17TH SEPTEMBER 2003, EL CORTE INGLES DEPARTMENT STORE. THE QUEEN NOOR OF JORDAN PRESENTED AND SIGNED COPIES OF HIS BOOK OF MEMORIES, AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY TITLED "MEMORIES OF AN UNEXPECTED LIFE" (TRANSLATION OF TITLE IN SPANISH "MEMORIAS DE UNA VIDA INESPERADA).

Attachments

• JR_noor_501b.jpg
    JR_noor_501b.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 296
  • JR_noor_501c.jpg
    JR_noor_501c.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 290
  • JR_noor_501d.jpg
    JR_noor_501d.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 258
  • JR_noor_501e.jpg
    JR_noor_501e.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 252
  • JR_noor_501f.jpg
    JR_noor_501f.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 306
  • JR_noor_501g.jpg
    JR_noor_501g.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 262
  • JR_noor_501h.jpg
    JR_noor_501h.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 286
  • JR_noor_501i.jpg
    JR_noor_501i.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 287
  • JR_noor_501j.jpg
    JR_noor_501j.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 254
  • JR_noor_501k.jpg
    JR_noor_501k.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 245
  • JR_noor_501l.jpg
    JR_noor_501l.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 251
Hi Everyone!
I am getting a little confused here, so I hope you guys can help me....
Is HRH Queen Noor the queen of Jordan? Because, if that is so, HRH Queen Rania and HRH King Abdulla can't also be king and queen of Jordan right?
SO.....could someone tell me how it actually is?
Thanx! :wacko:

Originally posted by Gisele Laetitia@Oct 18th, 2003 - 4:06 am
Hi Everyone!
I am getting a little confused here, so I hope you guys can help me....
Is HRH Queen Noor the queen of Jordan? Because, if that is so, HRH Queen Rania and HRH King Abdulla can't also be king and queen of Jordan right?
SO.....could someone tell me how it actually is?
Thanx! :wacko:
Queen Noor doesn't really have any power, but she just retains a title of Queen. The Official Queen is HRM Queen Rania. Correct me if i'm wrong someone :).

:)

There are several countries that have two Queens. They usually go by the title of Queen Mother or Dowager Queen. Queen Noor is the wife of the former King. She was allowed to keep her title when the new King ascended the throne. Abdullah allowed the title to remain out of respect for his father and to honor his father's wishes. Noor was not given the title Queen Mother because she is not the current King's Mother. She is a Dowager Queen. Rania was given the title by her husband and is the current Queen.

Before Queen Mary died in 1953, Britain had three Queens: Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, and Queen Mary. :)

Polfoto 20-10-2003 © Darla Khazei/ABACA. 51451. New York City-NY-USA, 20/10/2003. Queen Noor of Jordan at the Premiere of "Beyond Borders" at the Ziegfeld Theatre.

www.rexfeatures.com - 'BEYOND BORDERS' FILM PREMIERE TO BENEFIT THE OFFICE OF THE UN COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES, NEW YORK, AMERICA - 20 OCT 2003

www.rexfeatures.com - 'BEYOND BORDERS' FILM PREMIERE TO BENEFIT THE OFFICE OF THE UN COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES, NEW YORK, AMERICA - 20 OCT 2003

www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By S GABOURY / DMI / REX FEATURES QUEEN NOOR OF JORDAN 'BEYOND BORDERS' FILM PREMIERE TO BENEFIT THE OFFICE OF THE UN COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES, NEW YORK, AMERICA - 20 OCT 2003

Attachments

• noor.jpg
    noor.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 209
  • noor_2.jpg
    noor_2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 229
  • noor_3.jpg
    noor_3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 206
  • JR_1.jpg
    JR_1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 394
Hello! I'm new here. I :heart: the Jordan Royal Family especially CP Hamzi. I was sooo shocked when he got married!! :(

Um... I think if Q Noor was dating anyone, she'd most definitely keep it under wraps!

XO

You know I went to the Petra site and saw that Q Rania also had pictures on the same day. What is so interesting is that QR's pictures are so much better than Q Noor's pictures. I think there's still a huge competition between the 2 queens.

I don't think that there's any competition between the two. But we can never know. They're both great anyway :)

I heard that Q Noor was coming to Toronto in Feb. I wanted to see if I could go and see her but I don't know if she already came here or not. Does anyone know anything about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom