Queen Noor: Current Events 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maryshawn,

whats the significance of the bracelet?

Originally posted by bubbles@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:02 pm
Maryshawn,

the little blue eye that you see everywhere in the ME is to protect you from 'the evil eye'.

Originally posted by silver charm+Jun 25th, 2004 - 4:27 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (silver charm @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 4:27 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bubbles@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:02 pm
Maryshawn,

the little blue eye that you see everywhere in the ME is to protect you from 'the evil eye'. [/b][/quote]
Even President Clinton has one. It was a gift to him from a friend. You're supposed to wear it until it wears off, I believe.

Originally posted by bubbles@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:02 pm
Maryshawn,

She would not talk about it except to say she NEVER takes it off.....kind of like that pinky ring she wears. Evil eye bracelets are to ward off evil or bad things. If someone gives you the "evil eye", your bracelet thwarts it and keeps you safe.....I thought it was so pretty that I found a site that makes them customized and purchased one like QN's. I wore it and have given more away as friends and family ask about it and then I give them as gifts. There are many tacky looking ones out there but a site called Kyross.com has custom-made, lifetime guaranteed gorgeous ones that are very inexpensive.....What can I say? We can all use a little luck and protection......

Queen Noor is in Jordan and participated in two high profile events

July 21, 2004 - At the opening of the Jerash Festival

Last edited:
There were actually brand new pictures of Queen Rania in petra either yesterday or 2 days ago and she didn't look pregnant.
I'm happy to see Queen Noor.. especially at the Jerash festival.. I think she wasn't really participating in events she used to host before.. but soon Queen Noor and CP Hamzah will return to the US.. Hamzah says he wants to continue his studies in the US..
King Abdullah's been around too.. Look in Petra.. they are there..

Laura01,

thats QN's daughter Raiyah. She is also in the other picture sitting to Noor's right in the purple gown.

:flower:

Bubbles thanks for pointing out that it is princess Raiyah. :flower:

She looks lovely in the traditional purple dress,Queen Rania should wear traditional clothes more often.

Queen Noor looks very good at age 52, (did she have cosmetic surgery perhaps ? )she is a beautiful woman.Good to see her in Jordan again.

Queen Noor carrying out official duties in Jordan:

July 25, 2004

Last edited:
Good to see Queen Noor carrying out official duties in Jordan :flower: ! She looks good! And happy.
I wonder what changed.. this is the first time in a long time she's THAT visible and media covering her activities throughout Jordan.. so different from how she seemed to be treated by KA and QR and the media during her own son's wedding.. :unsure:

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 25th, 2004 - 9:39 pm
Good to see Queen Noor carrying out official duties in Jordan :flower: ! She looks good! And happy.
I wonder what changed.. this is the first time in a long time she's THAT visible and media covering her activities throughout Jordan.. so different from how she seemed to be treated by KA and QR and the media during her own son's wedding.. :unsure:
Last year I was in Jordan at this time, and QN was there and getting some press for the Arab Children's Congress, the Jerash Festival (although she didn't get to attend the opening ceremony), and assorted visits to projects in the rural areas. It seems as though KA and QR have unofficially made July her month to roam free throughout the land. :p

it's nice tosee queen noor back in jordan, jordan without queen noor is not jordan :flower:

Her Majesty Queen Noor Honored Speaker at Aid Refugees International Reception at Spring Creek Equestrian Center on August 18, 2004 in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. (Photo by Thos Robinson/Getty Images)
*the gentleman in the photos is the President of Aid Refugees International, Kenneth H. Bacon*

Attachments

• noor.jpg
    noor.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 316
  • noor2.jpg
    noor2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 334
  • noor10.jpg
    noor10.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 770
  • noor9.jpg
    noor9.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 223
  • noor7.jpg
    noor7.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 758
  • noor6.jpg
    noor6.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 305
  • noor5.jpg
    noor5.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 307
  • noor4.jpg
    noor4.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 803
  • noor3.jpg
    noor3.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 292
Nice Photos,

but why Queen Noor wears always that type of dresses?. Is it Jordanian' style?,
I ask because I saw some Hollywood stars wear the same type of dresses,

Last edited:
QN looks very pretty in those pictures! Thank you for posting the pictures! :)

abir said:
Nice Photos,

but why Queen Noor wears always that type of dresses?. Is it Jordanian' style?,
I ask because I saw some Hollywood stars wear the same type of dresses,

It is a traditional dress worn by Jordanian women. I am not sure what the proper name for it is.

Queen Noor has a wonderful selection of them. They are each extremely beautiful and she looks very elegant in them. I really liked the orange one she wore for the pre-wedding dinner for Felipe and Letizia's wedding. I really appreciated and had such respect that Queen Noor chose to wore a traditional Jordanian gown at such a function when many of the women were wearing designer gowns that were low cut, flashy, or whatever. I really liked that she honoured and represented her culture in such a way.

Genevieve said:
It is a traditional dress worn by Jordanian women. I am not sure what the proper name for it is.

Queen Noor has a wonderful selection of them. They are each extremely beautiful and she looks very elegant in them. I really liked the orange one she wore for the pre-wedding dinner for Felipe and Letizia's wedding. I really appreciated and had such respect that Queen Noor chose to wore a traditional Jordanian gown at such a function when many of the women were wearing designer gowns that were low cut, flashy, or whatever. I really liked that she honoured and represented her culture in such a way.

Sorry folks, but these are not at all the traditional Jordanian dress. Jordanian 'madragas' are very different. Queen Noor likes to wear ( and there is no reason why she shouldn't as many fashionable women in the region do ) a modern version of the outer garment of the traditional dress of the gulf women. Historically, these garments were made of a transparent fabric, and were richly embroidered, with a plainer under garment. Queen Noor's recent caftans are almost inavariably made from saris which she has further embroidery done on, and is usually of the same cut as the gulf one used to be. Madragas would usually be of black fabric with gold or white or coloured embroidery [ mainly red]. There could be many layers, over garments, under garments etc etc. made of different fabrics as well. Unless very well made, these could be quite bunchy and not terribly flattering. ( The Salti style of dress, for instance, was usually four or five feet longer than the actual length needed - the excess would then somehow be rolled up and tucked around - not the best design for a lissome look !) With their layers etc. most traditional Jordanian clothes were complicated to wear. These modern garments Queen Noor favours are comfortable, classical, forgiving and modest. It is a savvy way to dress. Jordanian women have generally been a bit slow off the mark in modernising their dress - for years traditional dress being deemed the dress of the rural, and disadvantaged woman. In Morocco, where women have always kept to wearing their tranditional caftans, these have evolved into wearable, chic, modern garements. However, there are in Jordan today, several designers who are successfully making wonderful dresses which borrow from the traditions of the whole region, including the India and Pakistan, from where they source a lot of their fabric and craftspeople. Queen Noor certainly used to patronize some of these designers, but I don't know where the latest sari/caftans are made. The traditional Hashemite ladies dress is yet another variation on the theme. It involved the same loose outer grament, which was floor length, but the under garment was shorter, and there were tight trousers underneath, with rich embriodery around the ankle. I think there were books and websites about the clothes which I will look for. My apologies to the moderators - now its not politics, but fashion, but again we have deviated from discussion about royalty!

Last edited:
Thank you for that explanation! So it's from the Gulf countries; that is interesting.

Bubbette said:
Thank you for that explanation! So it's from the Gulf countries; that is interesting.

Not quite, I meant that the style is more from the Gulf than Jordanian, but the caftans in question could have been made anywhere.

QNoor & PHaya in Dubai

Do y'all think QNoor will be at PHaya's wedding party in Dubai?

What do you think?

(I would start a poll but I don't think that service is available yet.)

Ipi Tombe said:

What do you think?

QNoor was not at KA's investiture. I would not be surprised if she didn't show up at P. Haya's wedding. When is that wedding anyway?

Last edited:
Ipi Tombe said:

What do you think?

I would be surprised if QN attends that wedding. Seems to be little love between her and P. Haya.

wasn't KA's investiture very soon after KH's death. so since QN would be the spouse of the deceased king-wouldn't she be in 'mourning' and not able to take on public engagements hence explaining her absence from the investiture?

bluetortuga said:
QNoor was not at KA's investiture. I would not be surprised if she didn't show up at P. Haya's wedding. When is that wedding anyway?

would Haya even invite QN? from what i have read in the forums, i am under the impression that she dislikes her.

Do you all think QN will attend Ali and Rym's wedding ceremony(not quite sure what to call it).....?

NEW YORK, UNITED STATES: Queen Noor of Jordan arrives to a benefit dinner, 13 October 2004, with Emira Habiby Brown, Executive Director of the Arab-American Family Support Center in New York

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 236
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 268
1-2. Oct 12, 2004 Washington

3-6. Oct 14, 2004 Brooklyn

I like the darker hair colour
She looks tired though, mostly because of the bags under her eyes.

Attachments

• FMP-15-10-22131763.jpg
    FMP-15-10-22131763.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 218
  • FMP-15-10-47131763.jpg
    FMP-15-10-47131763.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 251
  • r1183537946.jpg
    r1183537946.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 191
  • r1664625121.jpg
    r1664625121.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 264
  • r798369878.jpg
    r798369878.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 227
  • AP562793_guest.jpg
    AP562793_guest.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
GREAT PHOTOS! Thank you for taking time to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom