Queen Noor: Current Events 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Banadoora@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 5:15 pm
I heard that Q Noor was coming to Toronto in Feb. I wanted to see if I could go and see her but I don't know if she already came here or not. Does anyone know anything about this?
I know that Queen Noor will be in Vancouver in June, as part of the "Unique Lives and Experiences" tour. I'm sure she will be doing the same in Toronto.... perhaps check out the website of the tour and see the dates..... sorry I don't know the link

Queen Noor was in Toronto for this thing called Lifefest on March 12th I think. She gave a speech and there was a question and answer period. Does anyone know anything about that? I read in the newspaper that she talked about her life, her late father and her late husband, King Hussein.

I was supposed to go and see her but I had to go to a funeral. I was so upset! :cry:

Originally posted by Banadoora@Mar 30th, 2004 - 4:53 pm
Queen Noor was in Toronto for this thing called Lifefest on March 12th I think. She gave a speech and there was a question and answer period. Does anyone know anything about that? I read in the newspaper that she talked about her life, her late father and her late husband, King Hussein.
It was called LifeFest, taking place March 12-14. I attended the event and was able to speak with Queen Noor for a few minutes through my press credentials. Queen Noor is a very graceful and eloquent woman. Her speech was very well written and spoken with great gentleness, especially when she spoke (quite fondly) about her late husband. It was evident the impact he had on her life and how much she continues to love him and think of him each day.

I am sorry that you were not able to make it Bandoora; it was a very interesting occasion.

The Life Fest thing was actually advertized on tv almost a month in advanced. But I ofcourse, was too busy with school. I didn't see much coverage of her visit in the media though.
Here are some pics from the event

Image gallery

Last edited:
Noor has lost a LOT of weight--you can really see it with the blue outfit she's wearing in.

Hey Does Queen Noor Still Live In Amman? From The Recent Pictures On These Forums, It Looks As If She Isn't Involved With The Royal Family. What's Going On?

Queen Noor has homes in Jordan, England and in the Washington DC area. However, she is not the Queen consort. She is the widow of the previous sovereign, and her role is now different. She is involved in numerous charities in Jordan and abroad, including landmines. You might want to read her autobiography, Leap of Faith. One of the recent issues of Hello features as interview with Noor, and she talks about her role, and her belief that Rania is the queen now.

If anyone is looking for a "dove of peace" pin that represents no side in the tensions of the Middle East, artist Amitai Kav has created pins for Arab royals and Israeli leaders. I saw the one worn by Leah Rabin and Queen Noor and was so impressed I bought one from his website. It is simple and profound and takes no sides. I am not a spokesperson or have any connection to Mr. Kav but really find his dove of peace to be a lovely daily reminder of what is at stake and what we should all be working toward.

Mary Shawn

Originally posted by Bubbette@Apr 28th, 2004 - 3:00 pm
I think her kids would be enough company; I mean you always hear of parents moving closer to the kids and grandchildren--not to their siblings! But who is living in Jordan at this moment? I think they're all in school elsewhere, no?
I think the main reason why she's in the U.S. is to be closer to her children. Hamzah and Hashim are both in U.S. universities and I get the feeling that Iman and Rayiah are there too.

5 MAY 2004

Sporting legend Muhammad Ali has been honoured for his efforts to help people in the world's poorest countries. Queen Noor of Jordan was among those who came along to congratulate the former heavyweight champion, after he was presented with the Kahil Gibran Spirit Of Humanity Award at the Arab American Institute.

The 62-year-old, who is well-known for his ability to charm a crowd, performed magic tricks and told the story of his conversion to the Islamic faith. Muhammad was born Cassius Clay, but changed his name after becoming a Muslim. "People in Africa and all over the world started to recognise me as their brother because of my name," he explained.

Since he retired from boxing, the pugilist, who suffers from Parkinson's Syndrome, has dedicated himself to bringing medical relief, food and money to impoverished communities across Africa and Asia. In 2002 he travelled to war-torn Afghanistan as a United Nations Messenger Of Peace.

The annual Kahil Gibran Awards celebrate the people and organisations who have most contributed to humanitarian causes and understanding between Arab and Western cultures. They were established in memory of the renowned Lebanese-American poet of the same name.

picture

Thanks, for posting those news about Queen Noor. We won’t get them in Jordanian press. I’m glad to hear that she is still active.

In the Yahoo forum, they were talking about the fact that this year only KA and his family and Hussein's siblings visited KH's grave for prayers. Prince Ali did not join them on the 7th but did visit his mother's grave on the 9th, the date of her death. I thought Queen Noor ALWAYS visited KH's grave and this seemed odd..... Is she just determined to leave all those memories and Jordan in the past or was their a practical reason which kept Noor and all her kids away? Just thought it was interesting.

Originally posted by maryshawn@May 15th, 2004 - 11:26 pm
I thought  Queen Noor ALWAYS visited KH's grave and this seemed odd.....  Is she just determined to leave all those memories and Jordan in the past or was their a practical reason which kept Noor and all her kids away?  Just thought it was interesting.
QN has returned to Jordan all the prior years for his anniversary. Did she really miss this year? If so, I'm surprised, too, especially since it was the fifth anniversary. I would've thought that would be a milestone.

Even if she missed a year, I don't think QN is trying to push down her history. I'm sure she commemorated the day somehow, in her own, probably private, way. Even though some of the other members of the JRF don't treat her well, she never speaks ill of them or of the Jordanian people. I believe her to be a very loyal person.

Ali was in Jordan and did not visit his father's grave, Hamzah did come back to Jordan for a few days, but a few days later , last Feb, he and his wife did attend something, I think that's very odd.

Just because she wasn't seen on tv visiting her husbands' tomb that day doesn't necessarily mean she wasn't there. Maybe the cameras simply weren't there at the time...or...the media decided to focus on KA and his nuclear family...

they say in the jordan newspapers that she was sick thats why she didnt came and also her children..you can check the ewspapers on 7 feb or 8 feb alrai newspaper............ :rolleyes: B)

Originally posted by almahboubah@May 16th, 2004 - 2:07 pm
Just because she wasn't seen on tv visiting her husbands' tomb that day doesn't necessarily mean she wasn't there. Maybe the cameras simply weren't there at the time...or...the media decided to focus on KA and his nuclear family...
I think you've hit on a very good point. Perhaps the Queen and her children made a more private visit to the late King's tomb. Perhaps they purposely chose an out of the way time when not as many photographers (or apparently none at all) would be around. I'm sure that it's a very emotional day for the Queen and her children, and not something that she would want to be publicly recorded for the world to see or invade upon.

And if she did not visit the tomb on this day, what about the many other occasions, more "regular" days that she does visit the tomb unphotographed.

Just because she was not seen making a visit to her husband's tomb does not mean that she doesn't care or has forgotten about him.

NEW YORK - MAY 9: Queen Noor and Germano Celant of Fondazione Prada present the award for Best Documentary at the Third Annual Tribeca Film Festival Awards Ceremony May 9, 2004 in New York City

Queen Noor and Germano Celant
Queen Noor and Germano Celant2

Queen Noor and Germano Celant of Fondazione Prada present the award for Best Documentary Feature to director Cathy Henkel for The Man Who Stole My Mother's Face at the Third Annual Tribeca Film Festival Awards Ceremony

With the winner

Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan speaks during Occidental College's commencement ceremony at the Remsen Bird Hillside Theater, Sunday, May 16, 2004, in Los Angeles. Noor also received an honorary doctorate of humane letters.

Photo

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Q. Noor and Q. Rania among other members of the JRF will be attending Cp Felipe and Letizia's wedding on Saturday:

NOTICIAS RELACIONADAS

MADRID.- El secretario general de la Organización de Estados Americanos (OEA), César Gaviria, y su esposa han sido los primeros invitados a la boda real que han aterrizado en Madrid. El resto de jefes de Estado, representantes de las casas reales y otras autoridades extranjeras llegarán entre hoy y mañana tanto al Pabellón de Estado de Barajas como al aeropuerto de Torrejón de Ardoz.

15:00 horas. Princesa Sarvath El Hassan y el Príncipe Rashid Bin El Hassan, de Jordania.

15:30 horas. Noor de Jordania.

16:15 horas. Rania, la princesa Muna Al Hussein, el príncipe Feisal Al-Hussein y la princesa Alia Al-Feisal y el príncipe Talal y la princesa Ghida de Jordania.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Noor was the epitome of a class act. She looked elegant without being over the top or excessive, modest but beautiful.

Such a shame that she leads such a low profile life these days. She is such a tremendous example to the future Queens and to elegance in general.

Can someone in Jordan tell us (people not in Jordan) if photos of QR & QN are in the local paper? And any reaction to the American queen wearing traditional Jordanian clothing and the Palestinian queen looking very American-o.

Anyone notice that Q. Noor has not posted any pictures of CP Hamzah's official wedding celebration on her website? She posted the private ceremony pictures rather quickly; but there is not even a mention of the official celebration on her website. I don't think this is coincidence.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Sep 17th, 2003 - 7:56 pm
www.colourpress.com

Madrid, Spain - Princess Noor of Jordania has come to Madrid to present her authobiography calles "Memories of an unexpected life" in the Palace Hotel. Photo: Euroimagen
Hold on a moment! Queen Noor said she "never takes off her blue evil eye" bracelet from her publisher. I've seen her wearing it but it must have taken a night off in Spain......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom