Prince Hashem: News and Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More pics of Hashem...Enjoy;)

Attachments

• hash11172.jpg
    hash11172.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 630
  • hash11203.jpg
    hash11203.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 863
Last edited by a moderator:
.......and three more to go!;)

Attachments

• hahsem.jpg
    hahsem.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 760
  • hashem2.jpg
    hashem2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 454
  • hashimsa.jpg
    hashimsa.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,154
OK we only get pictures from him very rarely,few times a year.
But what i have noticed in course of maybe last 2 years or a 1 and a half is that he always seems to wear the same shoes:)
they also seem to be quite dusty .I think he just wants to appear very common to the Jordanians and not like some trendy snob.
He also likes wearing traditional clothes frequently.
i assume it's because he looks very American.He tries to tone it down with those outfits.:p
here is his shoe collection.
it looks like the same pair over and over.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• shose3.jpg
    shose3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 772
  • shose5.jpg
    shose5.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 542
  • shose7.jpg
    shose7.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 930
  • shose8.jpg
    shose8.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,131
  • shose44.jpg
    shose44.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 641
  • shose66.jpg
    shose66.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 885
  • shoe44.jpg
    shoe44.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,085
Last edited:
I said this once and I'll say it again: he is soooo cute!

Anyway thanks for the pics. Does anyone notice that he wears a ring on his right hand alot? Do you guys know what that means? IS that a regent ring or something.

Well I hope he is not trying to hide his Americaness. That is not something to be ashamed of. Anyway I am glad he is modest though.

Yeah that is probably the reason he wears Arab dress. Just wearing it does not detract from his Americaness to me. Anyway I can see why he would wear the same shoes. I sometimes wear the same shoes to church cuz they are more comfortable, but then again i should go shopping or buckle up and wear my oh so uncomfortable heels.:)

King Abdullah, King Fahd Open Talks

Riyadh, March 6(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks on Sunday in Riyadh with Saudi King Fahd Bin Abdel Aziz and Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdel Aziz on means of enhancing bilateral ties as well as the latest developments in the region. During the meeting, the two sides expressed keenness to promote bilateral relations to serve the interests of Jordanian and Saudi peoples.

They also affirmed their support to efforts of the Palestinian leadership to establish security, build institutions that can shoulder responsibilities and establish an independent viable Palestinian state. The two sides underlined the necessity of supporting efforts that aim at pushing the peace process forward including the Palestinian and Lebanese tracks. His Majesty the King stressed the importance of activating the Arab Peace Initiative, which was adopted in Beirut Summit, to achieve a just and comprehensive peace in the region.

King Abdullah also highlighted the necessity of exerting efforts to rally support for efforts that aim at regaining security and stability in Iraq, preserving its lands, and enabling its people to chart their secure future. On the other hand, the two sides expressed keenness to ensure the success of the upcoming Arab summit, scheduled to be held in Algiers. They also expressed hope that the Summit would come up with resolutions that fulfill Arabs' aspirations in achieving security, stability and welfare.

Talks were attended by HRH Prince Hashem Bin Al Hussein, Prime Minister Faisal Fayez, Jordan's ambassador to Riyadh Quftan Majali as well as a number of Saudi senior officials.

HRH Crown Prince Abdullah Bin Abdel Aziz had earlier hosted a lunch banquet in the honor of His Majesty King Abdullah II and his accompanying delegation.

//Petra//

061831 Local MAR 2005

I thought he was still in the U.S. going to school and it isn't spring break yet so why is he at the talks?

Hey, I've just had this thought. If Hashem was educated in the US. I was wondering if he attended the prom dance that all american high school has and if he went I wonder who was his date. Does anybody here wonder that or is it me who's thinking/dreaming way too much? Love x:p

And the universities also have balls too. WHat do you think of the prospects of him staying in the U.S. and living life and career there? I really hope he does this.

Reina said:
And the universities also have balls too. WHat do you think of the prospects of him staying in the U.S. and living life and career there? I really hope he does this.

Maybe he would you know and perhaps ocassionally return to jordan if the king needs him. I wonder what course he's studying at uni? Does anyone know?

Even though its great to see him involved in so many things for his country and I love seeing more pictures of him I'm still curious as to why he always wears traditional clothing while none of his other brothers do.

don't know what date is on this news:

Among the many highlights was the presentation of PTPI’s most prestigious award, the Eisenhower Medallion, to His late Majesty King Hussein bin Talal of Jordan. Accepting this award on his father’s behalf was His Royal Highness Prince Hashim bin Hussein. Participants enjoyed a moving tribute to His late Majesty, followed with remarks by the Prince.

http://www.virtual-aide.com/ptpi_artistic_ambassador/our_final_ontrack_2002.htm

from same website:

Awards Presentations

PTPI salutes the outstanding individuals who served on the Awards Committee. Together, they spent a considerable amount of time reviewing each nomination and making often difficult decisions among so many remarkable nominees. We would like to thank Committee Chairman Ambassador Theodore “Ted” Britton and Co-Chair Katheleen Betts, along with members William Conrad, Dr. Chuan Lee and A. Peter Tage.

As reported in the highlights section of this issue, PTPI’s most prestigious honor, the Eisenhower Medallion, was presented to His late Majesty King Hussein bin Talal of Jordan for his contributions to humankind. Often referred to as the “father of modern Jordan,” King Hussein struggled throughout his 47-year reign to promote peace in the Middle East. He is remembered as a leader who guided his country through strife and turmoil to become an oasis of peace, stability and moderation in the Middle East. We were honored to have his son, Prince Hashim bin Hussein, accept this award on his behalf.

King Hussein received the award twice, once in 2001 and once in 2002: on one of these occasions it was P Hashim that accepted the award on his father's behalf and on the other it was KA--just thought I'd put that out there

So looking at the way hashim's name is spelled in arabic I believe the correct spelling is hashim and the correct pronunciation is haashim with the a (alif) being a long vowel and the i (kasra) being a short vowel.:)

Reina said:
So looking at the way hashim's name is spelled in arabic I believe the correct spelling is hashim and the correct pronunciation is haashim with the a (alif) being a long vowel and the i (kasra) being a short vowel.:)

errrm...if you say so---lol:D, actually I've always thought it was spelt Hashim, because QN spells it as such in her book and since she and KH are the ones who named him, they'd know better how to spell it right? Also when someone on this thread posted a website with his name on it from Georgetown U (the one which sparked a debate as to whether or not the D next to his name was a grade) well on the website also his name was spelt Hashim, and schools usually use the name and spelling you have on your official documents, so that kind of confirmed for me that his name was spelt Hashim and not Hashem.

-Eliza

Yeah and in addition there is no letter e in arabic, so i (ya) is correct in Hashim's name:). I can't wait until I learn more in arabic so i can read the whole article and knwo what it is saying.

funny thing that I was pronouncing his name wrong and the reason is this forum until I read this article , so thank you very much Eliza .

houri said:
funny thing that I was pronouncing his name wrong and the reason is this forum until I read this article , so thank you very much Eliza .

no problem, but the credit really goes to padme from the jewelofarabia forum for being the first to post it. I only posted it here to get it translated but no one has done that yet.

-Eliza

I am not very good in translating my English even not very good but I will try
the main topic that he will attend meeting for preparing arabian the swimming championship and the date from 23 to 30 but they didn't mention the month they just said this month !!

houri said:
I am not very good in translating my English even not very good but I will try
the main topic that he will attend meeting for preparing arabian the swimming championship and the date from 23 to 30 but they didn't mention the month they just said this month !!

okay thanx...on the other forum they are saying that article also says that he is head of the organization for arab divers...i think

-Eliza

I remember there was a question posted as a separate topic here in the ME section( it was all one section before) year ago or so, about whether royals read this board and some person said yes, saying she was a princess and how they're interested into seeing what people think of them.
this is probably the only active place(yahoo groups are somewhat dead) where people gossip about them and when you do a Google search for their names this place usually comes as one of the results ,so I'm pretty much sure they occasionally check this forum.
copyofhashmpgchunk199nn7rt.gif

Last edited:
Let us talk about some thing interesting
what your thoughts about the next new member of the jordanian royal family , I mean who may be the lucky girl to be Hashem wife ?!!!

Because he seems that he is proud of being Jordanian. I don't see him marrying a westerner. I really don't think the men in the JRF should marry anymore westerners for a while-there is already too much trouble b/c of it. But if Hashim marries a ME girl than ppl will like that more. Ah...I guess I am comin gto the realization that we will probably not get married. But anyway I want him to be happy.

But you know what. As Rhaegar said-he has this unassuming confidence about him so he really needs a special kind of lady. It is really hard for me to figure him out so it is so hard for me to figure out what type of lady is for him.

I wonder if Hashim will is reading this. If so I hope he is not that annoyed.:D

well we don't know much about him for sure
so it is normal that we can't imagine what kind of girl he want to marry
and I have feeling that he will not marrey from ME I am not sure why I have this feeling
he semes from this kind of people who don't follow what their family chose for them .

SO what nationality do you think his girl will be?

Gosh it is so hard for me to talk abou tthis. I hope that I find the one that God has destined for me before he finds his girl cuz if not I wil be utterly heartbroken.

Anyway he is soooo young so I don't think we have to talk about marriage for him for a while. I bet he isn't.

Last edited:
Whomever he chooses to marry, I hope he loves her and places more value on that love rather than where she's from. Didn't he have a girlfriend? What happened to her?

-Eliza

well, I do think Hashim will get married to a girl who was born in US, maybe one whose roots are in ME, just like his mum, it's clear and obvious Hamzah got married to his cousin as he was still the CP of Jordan- besides, I'm sure he also fell in love with her - Hashim has been living all his life in US, and his former g/f was an American girl, so, hope he chooses his bride to be 'cos he's in love, not just to make ppl forget his mum was born in US.

he didn't attend the championship there was some one who attended behalf him as his a deputy !

Prince Hashem turns 24

hnews4_10_6.jpeg
HRH Prince Hashem, the youngest brother of His Majesty King Abdullah, turns 24 today. Born in Amman to the late King Hussein and Her Majesty Queen Noor on June 10, 1981, the Prince completed his elementary education in the capital and later enrolled at St. Marks School and Maret High School in Washington, DC. He graduated from Maret in 1999 and later attended Sandhurst Military Academy in the UK, where he graduated in 2000. Prince Hashem, who serves in the Jordan Armed Forces with the rank of captain, was awarded Al Hussein Gold Medal for Achievement by the late King Hussein in 1995. The Prince has received training in marksmanship, anti-terrorist combat and Royal Guard security training. Prince Hashem enrolled in an American university in September 2001 to continue his studies.

Friday-Saturday, June 10-11, 2005

http://www.jordantimes.com/fri/homenews/homenews4.htm :)

I was at my friend's graduation, and heard his name called out, but he wasn't there. But he definitely graduated. He told my friend he had been at Duke for two years, so he did do four years in college. I think the Koranic studies in Jordan will be like graduate level courses...

thank you Mariposa for giving us the latest news about Hashim,information we couldnt get from any other source.what major is he graduated in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom