The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 12-10-2005, 02:35 AM
elizahawthorne's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: , United Kingdom
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily62_1
KH loved dearly both his wife and his son, Hamzah, I think these speculations are rather ridiculous and of no use, a real waste of time, at least for me, of course, any1 is entitled to post far- fetched stories, though we are talking about a dead person, - in my religion, and i'm sure in Muslim Religion, too, we have a very great respect to dead ppl, we never say anything bad about them. It would be so unrespectful, and well, a person who's dead , can't defend him/herself, of course.
yes em...it's very disrespectful and even muslims believe that it's disrespectful to talk ill of the dead, but I have to admit I'm a little confused about why KH is being discussed in a PHamz thread...but I haven't read all the posts yet so I'm probably just missing something

-Eliza
__________________

__________________
  #162  
Old 12-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
I am not a parent but I can speak from my observation , if you ask any parent who you are love most between your children ? the answer mostely will be "I love all of them" , although maybe they don't treating them equally ! , for sure who have the best behave will have the best treating .
There is no doubt that the late king's affections for his children fluctuated. It was not really a question of who was behaving better at a certain time. but more which wife he wanted to keep happy ! When he wrote (from King Abdullah and his brother Prince Feisal's point of views, ) the unecessarily hurtful letter, regarding the future of the succession, the older boys were I think in their young teens and had done nothing to merit such a slap in the face. Prince Ali was then a toddler, so his potenetial was unknown. Later, Prince Ali, still a young child, was pushed aside in favour of Prince Hamzah, and in between there had been a short period when Prince Talal, ( Prince Mohammed's elder son) was very much the favoured young prince. It is interesting to speculate, had he not fallen ill, and continued with his flirtation with the the young reporter, if that relationship had culminated in marriage, and had produced children, what implications this would have had ? I am afraid, for all his merits and I am know that our Jordanian members certainly see their late monarch though a hazy, favourable glow, he was a tough, self centred person. He was used to doing what he wanted to do, as and when he wanted to do it, and with little concern for what the fall out would be. Maybe those are the skills needed to have survived for so long in the jungle of middle eastern politics. Charismatic, wily, intelligent, tough, but nice ? Loyal ??
__________________

__________________
  #163  
Old 12-10-2005, 06:56 AM
marmarina's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 64
marmarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
Yea,where are they

i thimk we have 2 ask u this question as u live in jordan u r very lucky coz u live in jordan.
__________________
  #164  
Old 12-10-2005, 06:58 AM
marmarina's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily62_1
I wonder why u and others can't believe KH loved Hamzah more than his other sons, and therefore he wished him to succeed himself on the throne- have u read KH's letter to Ham on Hamzah's 18th b-day, last Sept 1998, according to Muslim Calendar, ? I read only a few sentences, but that was enough to understand how much KH loved Hamzah, and of course, just read his last letter to P. Hassan, in which he never mentions Abdullah, and also his last interview, he kept talking about the "apple of his eyes", apart from talking about the situation in Palestine.
i read once that king hussien love prince hamzah as he look like him in every thing
__________________
  #165  
Old 12-10-2005, 07:11 AM
marmarina's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 64
i have a new jordanian friend from jordan in egypt and she told me that she dont like prince hamzah at all and he is not cute and alot of people in jordan say this and he is not popular,is this true lil monkey about prince hamzah as u live in jordan?
__________________
  #166  
Old 12-10-2005, 11:45 AM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
There is no doubt that the late king's affections for his children fluctuated. It was not really a question of who was behaving better at a certain time. but more which wife he wanted to keep happy ! When he wrote (from King Abdullah and his brother Prince Feisal's point of views, ) the unecessarily hurtful letter, regarding the future of the succession, the older boys were I think in their young teens and had done nothing to merit such a slap in the face. Prince Ali was then a toddler, so his potenetial was unknown. Later, Prince Ali, still a young child, was pushed aside in favour of Prince Hamzah, and in between there had been a short period when Prince Talal, ( Prince Mohammed's elder son) was very much the favoured young prince. It is interesting to speculate, had he not fallen ill, and continued with his flirtation with the the young reporter, if that relationship had culminated in marriage, and had produced children, what implications this would have had ? I am afraid, for all his merits and I am know that our Jordanian members certainly see their late monarch though a hazy, favourable glow, he was a tough, self centred person. He was used to doing what he wanted to do, as and when he wanted to do it, and with little concern for what the fall out would be. Maybe those are the skills needed to have survived for so long in the jungle of middle eastern politics. Charismatic, wily, intelligent, tough, but nice ? Loyal ??
Very well said! The truth is, like in many marriages, that the spouse has a great influence on affections and decisions, why is it so hard to beleive that QNoor had a great influence on KH's desicions, just as she decided who would see him in his last days, the low immunity system thing is just an excuse!
__________________
  #167  
Old 12-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n/a, United Kingdom
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
Very well said! The truth is, like in many marriages, that the spouse has a great influence on affections and decisions, why is it so hard to beleive that QNoor had a great influence on KH's desicions, just as she decided who would see him in his last days, the low immunity system thing is just an excuse!
because she said it a hundred times - that it was ONLY HIS decision.
and QNoor is that naive honest - that I can only believe in her statements!
__________________
  #168  
Old 12-10-2005, 12:19 PM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmarina
i have a new jordanian friend from jordan in egypt and she told me that she dont like prince hamzah at all and he is not cute and alot of people in jordan say this and he is not popular,is this true lil monkey about prince hamzah as u live in jordan?
No it's not :)

I can imagine y ur friend doesn't like him But I'd rather keep it to myself
__________________
  #169  
Old 12-10-2005, 12:20 PM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmarina
i thimk we have 2 ask u this question as u live in jordan u r very lucky coz u live in jordan.
unfortunatly we know nothing about him :(
__________________
  #170  
Old 12-10-2005, 12:22 PM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizahawthorne
yes em...it's very disrespectful and even muslims believe that it's disrespectful to talk ill of the dead, but I have to admit I'm a little confused about why KH is being discussed in a PHamz thread...but I haven't read all the posts yet so I'm probably just missing something

-Eliza
lol yea u are missing smthing
they were talking about KH decision of appointing KA CP and KA's decision of freeing Hamzah of his title...:)
__________________
  #171  
Old 12-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n/a, United Kingdom
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
unfortunatly we know nothing about him :(
thats very sad
do you have an idea why there are no pictures of him and his wife?
I mean - he was once in television with King abdullah you told during the time of the attacks in amman.
__________________
  #172  
Old 12-10-2005, 12:34 PM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
thats very sad
do you have an idea why there are no pictures of him and his wife?
I mean - he was once in television with King abdullah you told during the time of the attacks in amman.
Yea he performed Juma'a prayers with KA,some say he's in Jordan,but I really doubt it. :(
__________________
  #173  
Old 12-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n/a, United Kingdom
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
Yea he performed Juma'a prayers with KA,some say he's in Jordan,but I really doubt it. :(
but he finished his studies or am I wrong?
and I thought princess noor finished last year or so ago - too?

what should he do abroad?

its strange that he is never there - neither during the attacs - nor during opening of the parliament.
thats so strange...
__________________
  #174  
Old 12-10-2005, 12:40 PM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
but he finished his studies or am I wrong?
and I thought princess noor finished last year or so ago - too?

what should he do abroad?

its strange that he is never there - neither during the attacs - nor during opening of the parliament.
thats so strange...
I think I read in Hamzah official website that noor Graduated,but dunno about Hamzah,he should have graduated by now,but i think he's been on and off from school,a lot of events had taken place during the time he was at school (university I mean,lol),so he used to come to Jordan a lot,I really wonder if he graduated.
He enrolled september 2001...
__________________
  #175  
Old 12-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n/a, United Kingdom
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
I think I read in Hamzah official website that noor Graduated,but dunno about Hamzah,he should have graduated by now,but i think he's been on and off from school,a lot of events had taken place during the time he was at school (university I mean,lol),so he used to come to Jordan a lot,I really wonder if he graduated.
He enrolled september 2001...
maybe he passed the exam

dun hope so for sure
maybe he studies other things he is interested in too
he has the time now to do so
__________________
  #176  
Old 12-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
Very well said! The truth is, like in many marriages, that the spouse has a great influence on affections and decisions, why is it so hard to beleive that QNoor had a great influence on KH's desicions, just as she decided who would see him in his last days, the low immunity system thing is just an excuse!
Sorry. I am confused. Do you mean Queen Noor did or didn't have an influence on the king in his last days ? I believe she did have a huge influence on her husband, and his physical state also made it easy to isolate him and control whom he saw. My Jordanian sources say had he not fallen ill again round the time he was seeing the journalist, he was most certainly contemplating ending his marriage to Queen Noor. This is not to say that his affection for prince Hamzah wavered. All I am saying is that a new wife might have had a new set of children, and then who knows what could have ensued ? History does repeat itself and in that family more than in others. I do however believe that Princess Muna was not a manipulative woman, and conducted herself with dignity in a difficult and undignified situation. Queen Noor on the other hand is getting her come uppance big time. Perhaps it is a case of 'you reap as you sow'.
__________________
  #177  
Old 12-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n/a, United Kingdom
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
Sorry. I am confused. Do you mean Queen Noor did or didn't have an inflence on the king in his last days ? I believe she did have a huge influence on her husband, and his physical state also made it easy to isolate him and control whom he saw. My Jordanian sources say had he not fallen ill again round the time he was seeing the journalist, he was most certainly contemplating ending his marriage to Queen Noor. This is not to say that his affection for prince Hamzah wavered. All I am saying is that a new wife might have had a new set of children, and then who knows what could have ensued ? History does repeat itself and in that family more than in others. I do however believe that Princess Muna was not a manipulative woman, and conducted herself with dignity in a difficult and undignified situation.
how can they know that the marriage with queen noor was something like ended?
that seems like a rumour to me - like thousand other things are rumours
__________________
  #178  
Old 12-10-2005, 03:32 PM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
Sorry. I am confused. Do you mean Queen Noor did or didn't have an influence on the king in his last days ? I believe she did have a huge influence on her husband, and his physical state also made it easy to isolate him and control whom he saw. My Jordanian sources say had he not fallen ill again round the time he was seeing the journalist, he was most certainly contemplating ending his marriage to Queen Noor. This is not to say that his affection for prince Hamzah wavered. All I am saying is that a new wife might have had a new set of children, and then who knows what could have ensued ? History does repeat itself and in that family more than in others. I do however believe that Princess Muna was not a manipulative woman, and conducted herself with dignity in a difficult and undignified situation. Queen Noor on the other hand is getting her come uppance big time. Perhaps it is a case of 'you reap as you sow'.
Yes, that is exactly the point I was trying to make, QNoor efected hugely KH's decision in his favourizing her children, and deciding who visits Hussein on his deathbed, besides that, years ago her stepchildren complained about her!
__________________
  #179  
Old 12-10-2005, 03:34 PM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
how can they know that the marriage with queen noor was something like ended?
that seems like a rumour to me - like thousand other things are rumours
It was in fact a confirmed fact, KH even went to her parents to ask their permission, in fact KNoor even related to the incident in her bio in a tactful way (for her benifit) she couldn't actually say her marriage was picture perdect! for it wasn't!
__________________
  #180  
Old 12-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n/a, United Kingdom
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
It was in fact a confirmed fact, KH even went to her parents to ask their permission, in fact KNoor even related to the incident in her bio in a tactful way (for her benifit) she couldn't actually say her marriage was picture perdect! for it wasn't!
no I know what you mean...
that was a rumour during prince talal had cancer and she has been with him in the states?!
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde & Family current events 2: Sep 04-Jan 06 di Liberatore Royal Families of Italy 168 01-15-2006 11:25 PM
Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor- News & Pictures II Lyonnaise Current Events Archive 157 08-17-2005 04:03 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman poland pom pregnancy president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]