The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 04-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,154
Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor- News & Pictures II

A brand new thread for Hamzah and Noor. The old thread is available at this link http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5009

Please remember the forum rules and guidelines when posting. Any violations can result in a suspension or being banished from TRF.
__________________

__________________
  #2  
Old 05-01-2005, 12:06 PM
nbaker's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 16
Here's some news:

Prince hands the mic over to Robertson
Krista Naposki / News Editor

Jeanne Swanner-Robertson, professional speaker, humorist and Burlington resident, will replace Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein of Jordan as commencement speaker this year.

Hussein canceled early last week. According to Dan Anderson, director of University Relations, he will not be able to speak at commencement “but would hope to visit campus at some point in the future and that he would do whatever is necessary to continue support of the King Hussein scholarship.”

Robertson said her speech would be about a strategy for success after graduation, not necessarily in business but in other aspects of life, too. As a professional speaker, Robertson gives speeches to kick-off meetings, conventions and banquets. Each year, she speaks at up to 100 conventions.

Though she also labels herself as a humorist, she stresses that there’s a difference between a humorist and a comedian. “The main goal of a comedian is to make laughs at any cost,” Robertson said. “Sometimes this could include offending others for the sake of one group laughing at it.”

Robertson said a humorist speaks in the corporate market. “Each piece of material you use leads to a point,” Robertson said. Usually, her speeches run about an hour, but her commencement speech will only be 10 minutes. “At first I was apprehensive, but now I am excited for the challenge.”

Last week, the senior class representatives met with Robertson to decide whether or not she would be a good fit as commencement speaker. “She will make people laugh, she will inspire and motivate students, and she has a sense of our Elon community as a member of the Board of Trustees and as someone who had a son graduate from Elon,” Vice President Darris Means said.

“I believe people get caught up in not having a speaker like Bill Cosby or George Bush, but when we graduate the attention should not be on the graduation speaker but on the seniors who have worked extremely hard for the past three, four, or five years to make it thus far.”

Robertson is a self-described avid Elon fan. She is an Elon trustee and attends Elon sporting events often. “I was there at the third overtime last year,” Robertson said, referring to the men’s basketball game against UNC-Greensboro. Because she knows some of the seniors, she will draw on events that have happened in the four years that they climbed through Elon.

Robertson became interested in professional speaking when she entered a beauty pageant sophomore year while she was attending Auburn University. Though it was her first pageant, she kept winning until she was named Miss North Carolina. At the Miss America pageant, she was named Miss Congeniality.

At 19, she was forced to take a year off from school in order to do public appearances as Miss Congeniality. From her experiences that year, she discovered that “instead of just cutting the ribbon people enjoy laughing.” After teaching and coaching basketball for nine years in Graham, she decided to start her own business as a professional speaker.

“It’s not just about speaking, its about marking myself,” Robertson said. “How do I market to Montana when I live in a small city?”

Robertson is a Burlington resident, but a nation-wide traveler. Most recently, she was recognized as 2003 Woman of Achievement by the Miss North Carolina Pageant and was also named 2001 North Carolinian of the year by the North Carolina Press Association.

http://www.elon.edu/e-web/pendulum/I...obertson.xhtml
__________________

__________________
  #3  
Old 05-01-2005, 11:50 PM
tipper's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Napoli, Italy
Posts: 236
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbaker
Here's some news:

Prince hands the mic over to Robertson
Krista Naposki / News Editor

Jeanne Swanner-Robertson, professional speaker, humorist and Burlington resident, will replace Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein of Jordan as commencement speaker this year.

Hussein canceled early last week. According to Dan Anderson, director of University Relations, he will not be able to speak at commencement “but would hope to visit campus at some point in the future and that he would do whatever is necessary to continue support of the King Hussein scholarship.”

Robertson said her speech would be about a strategy for success after graduation, not necessarily in business but in other aspects of life, too. As a professional speaker, Robertson gives speeches to kick-off meetings, conventions and banquets. Each year, she speaks at up to 100 conventions.

Though she also labels herself as a humorist, she stresses that there’s a difference between a humorist and a comedian. “The main goal of a comedian is to make laughs at any cost,” Robertson said. “Sometimes this could include offending others for the sake of one group laughing at it.”

Robertson said a humorist speaks in the corporate market. “Each piece of material you use leads to a point,” Robertson said. Usually, her speeches run about an hour, but her commencement speech will only be 10 minutes. “At first I was apprehensive, but now I am excited for the challenge.”

Last week, the senior class representatives met with Robertson to decide whether or not she would be a good fit as commencement speaker. “She will make people laugh, she will inspire and motivate students, and she has a sense of our Elon community as a member of the Board of Trustees and as someone who had a son graduate from Elon,” Vice President Darris Means said.

“I believe people get caught up in not having a speaker like Bill Cosby or George Bush, but when we graduate the attention should not be on the graduation speaker but on the seniors who have worked extremely hard for the past three, four, or five years to make it thus far.”

Robertson is a self-described avid Elon fan. She is an Elon trustee and attends Elon sporting events often. “I was there at the third overtime last year,” Robertson said, referring to the men’s basketball game against UNC-Greensboro. Because she knows some of the seniors, she will draw on events that have happened in the four years that they climbed through Elon.

Robertson became interested in professional speaking when she entered a beauty pageant sophomore year while she was attending Auburn University. Though it was her first pageant, she kept winning until she was named Miss North Carolina. At the Miss America pageant, she was named Miss Congeniality.

At 19, she was forced to take a year off from school in order to do public appearances as Miss Congeniality. From her experiences that year, she discovered that “instead of just cutting the ribbon people enjoy laughing.” After teaching and coaching basketball for nine years in Graham, she decided to start her own business as a professional speaker.

“It’s not just about speaking, its about marking myself,” Robertson said. “How do I market to Montana when I live in a small city?”

Robertson is a Burlington resident, but a nation-wide traveler. Most recently, she was recognized as 2003 Woman of Achievement by the Miss North Carolina Pageant and was also named 2001 North Carolinian of the year by the North Carolina Press Association.

http://www.elon.edu/e-web/pendulum/I...obertson.xhtml

I wonder why Hamzah is handing over his duties to some1 else, hope that's not an order by KA.....
__________________
  #4  
Old 05-10-2005, 10:43 PM
tipper's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Napoli, Italy
Posts: 236
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
I heard PN can speak Arabic, English, Farsi and Spanish, as well.
As Hamzah used to talk English to her mum and full siblings, and Arabic to his father, when he was still living with them, maybe he and PN use to talk both languages-:) :)
__________________
  #5  
Old 05-26-2005, 05:24 PM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
AS today is May 27th I thought of saying happy first wedding Anniversary for Hamzah and Noor.

Best wishes,
Trouble.
__________________
  #6  
Old 05-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Austria
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
AS today is May 27th I thought of saying happy first wedding Anniversary for Hamzah and Noor.

Best wishes,
Trouble.
They have two wedding anniversary . In August will be the second one.
__________________
  #7  
Old 05-27-2005, 06:15 AM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilah
They have two wedding anniversary . In August will be the second one.
I said WEDDING not marriage...they have been Married for a year and a half now what I meant is their wedding Anniversary!
__________________
  #8  
Old 06-18-2005, 12:11 PM
cute_girl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
It's great all the love we Irbidawi's (ppl from irbid) hold for him,so it's not just me,lol
and it's not just you and Irbidawi's that love him.I too love him and his pretty wife.
__________________
  #9  
Old 06-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 55
i love the fact that they gave away masbahas as their wedding favors (i'm assuming)! they are very adorable.
__________________
  #10  
Old 06-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 629
im sorry, but what are masbahas?
__________________
  #11  
Old 06-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1
im sorry, but what are masbahas?
Masbahas are decorative beads on string that are often used by Muslims while in/for remembrance of God. But they are not compulsory for prayer. Any Muslims want to add anything?
__________________
  #12  
Old 06-20-2005, 07:13 AM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
and it's not just you and Irbidawi's that love him.I too love him and his pretty wife.
ok :)
__________________
  #13  
Old 07-04-2005, 01:06 AM
sommone's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 886
Where is the lovely couple, and what have they been up to lately?
__________________
I'm back!!! Did anyone miss me?
  #14  
Old 07-04-2005, 07:10 AM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Where is the lovely couple, and what have they been up to lately?
Today the king patronized the International Islamic conference (?),which has smthing to do with the Al al-Beit foundation which Hamzah is the head of (correct me if im wrong pls) so i think he should participate in the conference or at least attend...
__________________
  #15  
Old 07-04-2005, 11:41 AM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
New pics

http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Jul/04/4899I.htm
http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Jul/04/4902I.htm
http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Jul/04/4905I.
__________________
  #16  
Old 07-04-2005, 12:22 PM
cute_girl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 993
he really looks sad,I hope everything is ok with him,did he look all sad in TV or this is just the pictures?
__________________
  #17  
Old 07-04-2005, 01:04 PM
emily62_1's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 285
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
I didn't mean the lookin sad part,smthing doesn't seem right,he looks exhausted...
he looks sad, unhappy ,tired and even ill. Look at the pic taken at his cousin's wed, Noor is radiant as ever, he's not happy, he doesn't even look at his wife, what's wrong with him, did he get his degree?
__________________
  #18  
Old 07-04-2005, 05:16 PM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
he really looks sad,I hope everything is ok with him,did he look all sad in TV or this is just the pictures?
Yes,I've been watching it all day they kept re-running it,every hour or so,he looked the same,tired,thinking,exhausted ,smtimes I thought he was falling asleep then i fugured out that he was just tired.
Hashim didn't look any better though:(
__________________
  #19  
Old 07-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
Can we see it on the internet?
__________________
*Under Construction*
  #20  
Old 07-04-2005, 05:20 PM
cute_girl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Yes,I've been watching it all day they kept re-running it,every hour or so,he looked the same,tired,thinking,exhausted ,smtimes I thought he was falling asleep then i fugured out that he was just tired.
Hashim didn't look any better though:(
it's not good that Hashem looked the same but at least it shows that maybe there was something to be exhausted or worry about that the two brothers share,I mean I was worried that Hamzah had fallen into some serious mental disease like depression or so...
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Letizia: Pictures as a Girl and Young Woman Anna_R King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family 128 10-17-2013 05:39 AM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 3: October - December 2004 Alexandria Current Events Archive 274 12-04-2004 09:11 AM
Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 4 : March 2004 - Oct.2004 vanyste Current Events Archive 113 10-11-2004 12:37 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]