Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor- News & Pictures II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
papillon said:
I just wonder, since QN's children are bicultural and were exposed to both sets of influences, where they've landed on the independent/dependent continuum. :confused:

An interesting question you've posed papillon.

I guess having been raised in Jordan and having been educated in the western world, and having a western-born, educated and raised mother has influenced them somewhat. (I think that Noor, even though she moved to Jordan and very much became Jordanian during her marriage to King Hussein, was still influenced somewhat by her western upbringing and life pre-marriage to King Hussein.)

I cannot say what the "climate" of such a scenario is in Jordan as I do not know from friends or from my own experience, but in North America, such a straddling of two cultures and two worlds of lifestyles co-existing is pretty commonplace. Kids who grow up where each of the parents come from different cultures and backgrounds or who are raised in a more traditional background at home but are exposed to a modern, contemporary life amongst friends, often etch out something in between for themselves. Kids often take what they can live with or like from each world and blend it into something that works for them and their families.

As a stab (based just on very superficial stories I've read and appearances), it seems to me that Noor's children (at least her sons so far) have proudly accepted many of the cultural aspects of Jordanian life such as the culture, the way of dressing and the discretion of the Jordanian people and blended it with a more independent, self-sufficient western way of life.

Alexandria said:
Kids who grow up where each of the parents come from different cultures and backgrounds or who are raised in a more traditional background at home but are exposed to a modern, contemporary life amongst friends, often etch out something in between for themselves. Kids often take what they can live with or like from each world and blend it into something that works for them and their families.

As a stab (based just on very superficial stories I've read and appearances), it seems to me that Noor's children (at least her sons so far) have proudly accepted many of the cultural aspects of Jordanian life such as the culture, the way of dressing and the discretion of the Jordanian people and blended it with a more independent, self-sufficient western way of life.
This is my hunch, too. Also, since KH is deceased and QN travels so much and spends most of her down time in the States, within Jordan, her children may not have had a great deal of choice in the matter but to display more independence than is the norm there.

papillon said:
This is my hunch, too. Also, since KH is deceased and QN travels so much and spends most of her down time in the States, within Jordan, her children may not have had a great deal of choice in the matter but to display more independence than is the norm there.

I think the girls will prove to be more independent than other girls who may have spent their entire lives in Jordan. They lost their father when they were young and shortly after their death were uprooted to the U.S. They have spent much time at a western school and been exposed to a western way of life more than their brothers were. They don't seem to spend much time in Jordan, and the few visits they have made for various special occasions, I don't recall them spending much time there. Surely for a week or two visit here and there, the Jordanian way of life could not have sunken into them very much -- at least not in comparison to the months at a time spent in the U.S.

I do hope though that if these assumptions are right, that Noor will do as much in her power to teach them and make them aware of all the wonderful things about Jordan and Jordanian culture so that it is not completely foreign to them no matter how much time they spend in the U.S.

Alexandria said:
I think the girls will prove to be more independent than other girls who may have spent their entire lives in Jordan. They lost their father when they were young and shortly after their death were uprooted to the U.S. They have spent much time at a western school and been exposed to a western way of life more than their brothers were. They don't seem to spend much time in Jordan, and the few visits they have made for various special occasions, I don't recall them spending much time there. Surely for a week or two visit here and there, the Jordanian way of life could not have sunken into them very much -- at least not in comparison to the months at a time spent in the U.S.

I do hope though that if these assumptions are right, that Noor will do as much in her power to teach them and make them aware of all the wonderful things about Jordan and Jordanian culture so that it is not completely foreign to them no matter how much time they spend in the U.S.

I'll have to disagree on what you have said Alexandria. Queen Noor made sure that she had her sons and daughters know and exeprience as much of what jordan is at a very young age. If you ever listen to her daughters speak in arabic, they have quite a thick jordanian accent. They were taught early on by locals alot about the jordanian culture. The girls have been out of the country mostly for studying, but whenever they get a chance to go to jordan they do, and tend to stay longer that a week or two. Its just that they are not too high profile to have their news and movements covered by the press. So rest assured that Queen Noor has done what you hoped for :)

jordan_frist said:
I'll have to disagree on what you have said Alexandria. Queen Noor made sure that she had her sons and daughters know and exeprience as much of what jordan is at a very young age. If you ever listen to her daughters speak in arabic, they have quite a thick jordanian accent. They were taught early on by locals alot about the jordanian culture. The girls have been out of the country mostly for studying, but whenever they get a chance to go to jordan they do, and tend to stay longer that a week or two. Its just that they are not too high profile to have their news and movements covered by the press. So rest assured that Queen Noor has done what you hoped for :)

:rolleyes: And How do u know all that?...
Anyway I like u and I think ur posts are cool.
I wasn't gonna post anything anymore,but ur Post attracted me to reply,I dunno y,LOL

Anyway Good luck.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
:rolleyes: And How do u know all that?...
Anyway I like u and I think ur posts are cool.
I wasn't gonna post anything anymore,but ur Post attracted me to reply,I dunno y,LOL

Anyway Good luck.

thanks trouble for your words :)

Well these are things i hear about from people and from the word on the street. you should keep on writing, you contribute a lot.

Jordan First is the foreign and arab-relations policy of Jordan under KA. It is the vision that KA wants for Jordan. You can definitley read up on it

Ooops. sorry I just realized you were actually asking jordan_frist. WEll my guess is that he is making a spin-off of Jordan first.

Also maybe you should put in your signature that you don't want ppl quoting what you say so you don't have to repeat yourself.;)

Last edited:
hehe...why is is it that you think i am in politics? to tell you the truth, i am as far as i can be from it. As for why i chose the name, its just the first thing that came into my mind, and i had a typo, so that is why it is jordan_frist...:)

I am currently out of jordan, so i havent seen the haykal program, can't comment on that.

I thought it was a typo! But I did not want to say cuz I did not want to seem disrespectful.

i love prince hamzah and princess noor so much but i want 2 know what kind of work prince hamzah do in jordan

elizahawthorne said:
why can't I see this pic? Could you post it as a thumbnail?

-eliza
it's not working anymore..
i'll upload it

Attachments

• AP220527_guesthg.jpg
    AP220527_guesthg.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Have Hashim and Hamzah left Jordan, I can see Ali is Regent these days, so I suppose nor Hamzah nor Hashim are in Jordan, at the moment.

Please remember to credit all your photos and articles, otherwise pictures may be removed.

Thank you for your co-operation.

emily62_1 said:
I think they are all equal, it's not the same suit, but I wonder, have Hamzah and Noor, his wife, money troubles, as she was wearing the same suit at P. Badiya's wed, the same she wore at last year's Independence Day, the day before her wedding, the red one, doesn't she have other suits, poor girl, and, OMG, what she wore last Dec in Amman, a black pull and a skirt, something one usually wears when u go shopping, maybe, and it didn't help her figure, BTW.

No - they don't have money problems. I guess Noor has decided to be economical and recycle the same clothes. The JRF are certainly rich, the fam's fortunes run in2 the £100 million's @least. She i am sure, has plenty of clothes. But Hamzah is no longer the CP so the couple i guess make less public appearances, so she doesn't have2 spend so much on designer clothes. I'm sure her day2day wardrobe is full of designer stuff.

I 4one would like 2c more of her - she is so pretty!!!

wats z height of princess noor hamzah? if anyone know.
she is short but very cute, i didnt read queen noor book, she said anything intersting about prince hamzah in his chilhood or as a teenage or anything?

didn't queen noor say that hamzah loved hamburgers with fried eggs??? i think it was king hussein who liked to put fried eggs in hamburger bread or whatever and hamzah liked it too...i don't know if she said that in her book or if i remember reading that somewhere on this forum ...

Yeah, I remember that from the book.

marmarina said:
wats z height of princess noor hamzah? if anyone know.
she is short but very cute, i didnt read queen noor book, she said anything intersting about prince hamzah in his chilhood or as a teenage or anything?
She didn't say much about any of them, a few incidents and tidbits, but the focus wasn't on them. If it weren't for her picture on the front of the book you'd swear it was a biography of King Hussein lol!

I remember one thing she said about Hamzah was that he never really slept as a baby and a young child, he just "cat napped." She said that's why he was particularly close with his pretty much nocturnal father. :)

madonna23 said:
didn't queen noor say that hamzah loved hamburgers with fried eggs??? i think it was king hussein who liked to put fried eggs in hamburger bread or whatever and hamzah liked it too...i don't know if she said that in her book or if i remember reading that somewhere on this forum ...

Yes Queen Noor mentioned that in her Book. she also said that the first word Hamzah said was "ta-ta-tayyara" "plane" as they lived somewhere near to the Airport (the one before QA airport) and planes wud pass over their place.
w6w_200506251910166d9014db.gif

i want 2 ask if prince hamzah smoking or not? anyone has a photo 4 him in a casual wear

! I can't believe they'd even look at cigarettes after their father's cancer. I've seen Ali with a ciggie before too. :(

thanks alot 4 z pic he is very cool in casual wear, princess noor was behind him she is very cute looks like a young girl, hope 2 see hamzah more in casual wear.

Alicky said:
! I can't believe they'd even look at cigarettes after their father's cancer. I've seen Ali with a ciggie before too. :(

Such is life!

In her book I also read that she burst into tears when she saw King Hussein light up, I think while he was in the clinic but I'm not totally sure. Can you imagine how she must feel about Hamzah's smoking? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom