The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 07-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon
I just wonder, since QN's children are bicultural and were exposed to both sets of influences, where they've landed on the independent/dependent continuum.
An interesting question you've posed papillon.

I guess having been raised in Jordan and having been educated in the western world, and having a western-born, educated and raised mother has influenced them somewhat. (I think that Noor, even though she moved to Jordan and very much became Jordanian during her marriage to King Hussein, was still influenced somewhat by her western upbringing and life pre-marriage to King Hussein.)

I cannot say what the "climate" of such a scenario is in Jordan as I do not know from friends or from my own experience, but in North America, such a straddling of two cultures and two worlds of lifestyles co-existing is pretty commonplace. Kids who grow up where each of the parents come from different cultures and backgrounds or who are raised in a more traditional background at home but are exposed to a modern, contemporary life amongst friends, often etch out something in between for themselves. Kids often take what they can live with or like from each world and blend it into something that works for them and their families.

As a stab (based just on very superficial stories I've read and appearances), it seems to me that Noor's children (at least her sons so far) have proudly accepted many of the cultural aspects of Jordanian life such as the culture, the way of dressing and the discretion of the Jordanian people and blended it with a more independent, self-sufficient western way of life.
__________________

__________________
  #62  
Old 07-16-2005, 04:55 PM
papillon's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Kids who grow up where each of the parents come from different cultures and backgrounds or who are raised in a more traditional background at home but are exposed to a modern, contemporary life amongst friends, often etch out something in between for themselves. Kids often take what they can live with or like from each world and blend it into something that works for them and their families.

As a stab (based just on very superficial stories I've read and appearances), it seems to me that Noor's children (at least her sons so far) have proudly accepted many of the cultural aspects of Jordanian life such as the culture, the way of dressing and the discretion of the Jordanian people and blended it with a more independent, self-sufficient western way of life.
This is my hunch, too. Also, since KH is deceased and QN travels so much and spends most of her down time in the States, within Jordan, her children may not have had a great deal of choice in the matter but to display more independence than is the norm there.
__________________

__________________
  #63  
Old 07-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon
This is my hunch, too. Also, since KH is deceased and QN travels so much and spends most of her down time in the States, within Jordan, her children may not have had a great deal of choice in the matter but to display more independence than is the norm there.
I think the girls will prove to be more independent than other girls who may have spent their entire lives in Jordan. They lost their father when they were young and shortly after their death were uprooted to the U.S. They have spent much time at a western school and been exposed to a western way of life more than their brothers were. They don't seem to spend much time in Jordan, and the few visits they have made for various special occasions, I don't recall them spending much time there. Surely for a week or two visit here and there, the Jordanian way of life could not have sunken into them very much -- at least not in comparison to the months at a time spent in the U.S.

I do hope though that if these assumptions are right, that Noor will do as much in her power to teach them and make them aware of all the wonderful things about Jordan and Jordanian culture so that it is not completely foreign to them no matter how much time they spend in the U.S.
__________________
  #64  
Old 07-17-2005, 04:13 AM
jordan_frist's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I think the girls will prove to be more independent than other girls who may have spent their entire lives in Jordan. They lost their father when they were young and shortly after their death were uprooted to the U.S. They have spent much time at a western school and been exposed to a western way of life more than their brothers were. They don't seem to spend much time in Jordan, and the few visits they have made for various special occasions, I don't recall them spending much time there. Surely for a week or two visit here and there, the Jordanian way of life could not have sunken into them very much -- at least not in comparison to the months at a time spent in the U.S.

I do hope though that if these assumptions are right, that Noor will do as much in her power to teach them and make them aware of all the wonderful things about Jordan and Jordanian culture so that it is not completely foreign to them no matter how much time they spend in the U.S.
I'll have to disagree on what you have said Alexandria. Queen Noor made sure that she had her sons and daughters know and exeprience as much of what jordan is at a very young age. If you ever listen to her daughters speak in arabic, they have quite a thick jordanian accent. They were taught early on by locals alot about the jordanian culture. The girls have been out of the country mostly for studying, but whenever they get a chance to go to jordan they do, and tend to stay longer that a week or two. Its just that they are not too high profile to have their news and movements covered by the press. So rest assured that Queen Noor has done what you hoped for :)
__________________
  #65  
Old 07-17-2005, 06:39 PM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_frist
I'll have to disagree on what you have said Alexandria. Queen Noor made sure that she had her sons and daughters know and exeprience as much of what jordan is at a very young age. If you ever listen to her daughters speak in arabic, they have quite a thick jordanian accent. They were taught early on by locals alot about the jordanian culture. The girls have been out of the country mostly for studying, but whenever they get a chance to go to jordan they do, and tend to stay longer that a week or two. Its just that they are not too high profile to have their news and movements covered by the press. So rest assured that Queen Noor has done what you hoped for :)

And How do u know all that?...
Anyway I like u and I think ur posts are cool.
I wasn't gonna post anything anymore,but ur Post attracted me to reply,I dunno y,LOL

Anyway Good luck.
__________________
  #66  
Old 07-18-2005, 02:36 AM
jordan_frist's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
And How do u know all that?...
Anyway I like u and I think ur posts are cool.
I wasn't gonna post anything anymore,but ur Post attracted me to reply,I dunno y,LOL

Anyway Good luck.

thanks trouble for your words :)

Well these are things i hear about from people and from the word on the street. you should keep on writing, you contribute a lot.
__________________
  #67  
Old 07-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
Jordan First is the foreign and arab-relations policy of Jordan under KA. It is the vision that KA wants for Jordan. You can definitley read up on it

Ooops. sorry I just realized you were actually asking jordan_frist. WEll my guess is that he is making a spin-off of Jordan first.

Also maybe you should put in your signature that you don't want ppl quoting what you say so you don't have to repeat yourself.
__________________
*Under Construction*
  #68  
Old 07-19-2005, 05:15 PM
jordan_frist's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 25
hehe...why is is it that you think i am in politics? to tell you the truth, i am as far as i can be from it. As for why i chose the name, its just the first thing that came into my mind, and i had a typo, so that is why it is jordan_frist...:)

I am currently out of jordan, so i havent seen the haykal program, can't comment on that.
__________________
  #69  
Old 07-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
I thought it was a typo! But I did not want to say cuz I did not want to seem disrespectful.
__________________
*Under Construction*
  #70  
Old 07-24-2005, 05:43 AM
marmarina's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 64
i love prince hamzah and princess noor so much but i want 2 know what kind of work prince hamzah do in jordan
__________________
  #71  
Old 07-25-2005, 08:14 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Puttaparthi, India
Posts: 72
Hashim's golden slippers are so FETCH,he's got cute toes!
__________________
  #72  
Old 07-25-2005, 08:23 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Puttaparthi, India
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbaker
here is another picture.... got it from yahoo.

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg....Y14o3GaNARuQ--
Hashim always has that shy look on his face .:o
__________________
  #73  
Old 07-25-2005, 04:33 PM
elizahawthorne's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: , United Kingdom
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbaker
here is another picture.... got it from yahoo.

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg....Y14o3GaNARuQ--

why can't I see this pic? Could you post it as a thumbnail?

-eliza
__________________
  #74  
Old 07-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Puttaparthi, India
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizahawthorne
why can't I see this pic? Could you post it as a thumbnail?

-eliza
it's not working anymore..
i'll upload it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP220527_guesthg.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	173206  
__________________
  #75  
Old 07-25-2005, 10:51 PM
emily62_1's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 285
Have Hashim and Hamzah left Jordan, I can see Ali is Regent these days, so I suppose nor Hamzah nor Hashim are in Jordan, at the moment.
__________________
  #76  
Old 07-25-2005, 10:56 PM
elizahawthorne's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: , United Kingdom
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle
it's not working anymore..
i'll upload it

thanx so much

-eliza
__________________
  #77  
Old 07-25-2005, 11:06 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Puttaparthi, India
Posts: 72
Np....... :)
__________________
  #78  
Old 07-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Please remember to credit all your photos and articles, otherwise pictures may be removed.

Thank you for your co-operation.
__________________
  #79  
Old 07-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Amina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily62_1
I think they are all equal, it's not the same suit, but I wonder, have Hamzah and Noor, his wife, money troubles, as she was wearing the same suit at P. Badiya's wed, the same she wore at last year's Independence Day, the day before her wedding, the red one, doesn't she have other suits, poor girl, and, OMG, what she wore last Dec in Amman, a black pull and a skirt, something one usually wears when u go shopping, maybe, and it didn't help her figure, BTW.
No - they don't have money problems. I guess Noor has decided to be economical and recycle the same clothes. The JRF are certainly rich, the fam's fortunes run in2 the £100 million's @least. She i am sure, has plenty of clothes. But Hamzah is no longer the CP so the couple i guess make less public appearances, so she doesn't have2 spend so much on designer clothes. I'm sure her day2day wardrobe is full of designer stuff.

I 4one would like 2c more of her - she is so pretty!!!
__________________
  #80  
Old 07-29-2005, 04:12 PM
marmarina's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 64
wats z height of princess noor hamzah? if anyone know.
she is short but very cute, i didnt read queen noor book, she said anything intersting about prince hamzah in his chilhood or as a teenage or anything?
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Letizia: Pictures as a Girl and Young Woman Anna_R King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family 128 10-17-2013 05:39 AM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 3: October - December 2004 Alexandria Current Events Archive 274 12-04-2004 09:11 AM
Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 4 : March 2004 - Oct.2004 vanyste Current Events Archive 113 10-11-2004 12:37 AM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]