Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor: News and Pictures 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bubbette said:
Wow she gained a lot of weight!
Since her first sighting in public with Hamzah Princess Noor has always had a rounder face and body. I'm not saying that she's chubby but her face has always been fuller than Rania's for example.

I don't think she's gained "a lot" of weight as you say. She may have gained a bit of weight, but it certainly doesn't look bad on her. And who says that a little bit of weight is bad? I've read quite a lot here about all the concerns for Queen Rania's lack of weight, so now we have someone in the royal family who boasts a slightly fuller figure and there are complaints. I guess you can't please everyone.

But such comments are highly insensitive and can sometimes lead to eating disorders. By some accounts the Princess of Wales became anorexic and bulemic because Prince Charles said in passing that she was a bit "chubby."

Genevieve said:
Since her first sighting in public with Hamzah Princess Noor has always had a rounder face and body. I'm not saying that she's chubby but her face has always been fuller than Rania's for example.

I don't think she's gained "a lot" of weight as you say. She may have gained a bit of weight, but it certainly doesn't look bad on her. And who says that a little bit of weight is bad? I've read quite a lot here about all the concerns for Queen Rania's lack of weight, so now we have someone in the royal family who boasts a slightly fuller figure and there are complaints. I guess you can't please everyone.

You made some very good points here. I always thought myself that PN had a rounder face too, but she's not the first Hashemite princess to have a fuller figure. I think, if I am not mistaken, that Princess Alia has a full figure. Of course, I think PH has one now, but not at first. However, you're definitely right about two things: she doesn't look like she's put on a lot of weight, and there is no pleasing everyone.

I'm ammused that they just got married last year....but everyone is expecting them to have a kid soon. Personally (and this also holds true for most of the people I know), I wouldn't want kids atleast for the first 2-4 years of my marriage. Thats the time when a husband and wife are in the getting-to-know-eachother phase, and I think kids just complicate things. I don't think she looks pregnant, nor do I think she looks any heavier than before. She still looks very pretty, and most importantly, both of them look very happy and very much in love. :) Anyways, I guess we'll see. If she is pregnant, she'll look it soon enough.

Redrose53083 said:
I'm ammused that they just got married last year....but everyone is expecting them to have a kid soon. Personally (and this also holds true for most of the people I know), I wouldn't want kids atleast for the first 2-4 years of my marriage. Thats the time when a husband and wife are in the getting-to-know-eachother phase, and I think kids just complicate things. I don't think she looks pregnant, nor do I think she looks any heavier than before. She still looks very pretty, and most importantly, both of them look very happy and very much in love. :) Anyways, I guess we'll see. If she is pregnant, she'll look it soon enough.

I agree she is still pretty. I think I may have said this once, but thin does not always equal beauty. I think some of us are just anxiously anticipating the two of them to start their family. Funny because there are other royal couples who also married last year, but many of the members are anticipating the announcements of their pregnancies as well.

http://www.princehamzah.jo/english/calendar.php?month=12&day=02&year=2004

Prince Hamzah patronizes Circassian Annual Dance

December 29 , 2004

Albroz.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]© Ali Jarekji

[/FONT]​
Their Royal Highnesses Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor, along with members of the Albroz Circassian Dancing Troupe in a photo opportunity after patronizing the Troupe’s Annual Dance.

The Troupe’s program for this year focused on presenting the folkloric Circassian wedding dances in celebration of Their Royal Highnesses’ recent marriage. Towards the end of the program, Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor were presented with a wedding gift of a Circassian Sword and a traditional dress.

The Albroz Circassian Dancing Troupe, one of Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein’s cultural and artistic activities, was established in 1982 with the aim to preserve the Circassian culture and heritage. Members of the Troupe are of 10 -17 years of age and are all students at Prince Hamzah School. About 70 students participated in this year’s annual dance.

In celebration of their wedding...intresting,umm 7 months later,lol

This is a bit of the speech Prince Hamzah gave out in Detroit and I found this part intresting...

((One of the most valuable lessons I’ve learned is that you are never too young or too old to make a difference. I witnessed that from a very early age

إن أحد الدروس القيّمة التي تعلمتها هو أنك تستطيع أن تترك أثراً مهما كان عمرك، فليس هناك مِنْ صغير جداً أو كبير جداً ((على الإنجاز وإحداث الفرق. وقد شهدت ذلك في سن مبكرة

1) What do u guys think of this? Do u think he did manage to make a difference since '99 (since he was 19)?
2) Do u think the things HRH had done in 5 years (19-24) can be seen as vital?
3) Do u think he is seen as a role model to the worlds-Arab youth?
4) Do u think he can be concidered mature (older than his real age),cuz of the responsibilities he had taken?
5) Where/how do u see HRH 5 years from now?

I'd love to hear what most of u think,and I will tell u what i think later on... remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion and emotions can be put aside...Hope to hear some feedback from u all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
This is a bit of the speech Prince Hamzah gave out in Detroit and I found this part intresting...

((One of the most valuable lessons I’ve learned is that you are never too young or too old to make a difference. I witnessed that from a very early age

إن أحد الدروس القيّمة التي تعلمتها هو أنك تستطيع أن تترك أثراً مهما كان عمرك، فليس هناك مِنْ صغير جداً أو كبير جداً ((على الإنجاز وإحداث الفرق. وقد شهدت ذلك في سن مبكرة

1) What do u guys think of this? Do u think he did manage to make a difference since '99 (since he was 19)?
4) Do u think he can be concidered mature (older than his real age),cuz of the responsibilities he had taken?

I'd love to hear what most of u think,and I will tell u what i think later on... remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion and emotions can be put aside...Hope to hear some feedback from u all :)
1) I don't think P. Hamzah has been really allowed to make a difference in five years. He's been away at school, and big brother KA has done much to keep him out of the spotlight whenever he is home.

2) He hasn't had the opportunity to pla a major role.

3) He is a role model in terms of his grace, composure, and loyalty. Hamzah has taken the higher road. The letter he sen KA after his demotion says it all. He has been nothing but loyal to his family.

4) He's more serious than any 24 year old I know.

5) Jordan's Ambassador to the UN

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:

i like that quote he says, its very good.
I also dont think he has been allowed to make a difference, maybe he tried and he kept getting turned down.
i think he is considered older, im just guessing from what people say about him, that he is more mature than his age.
i think maybe in 5 years he might be like the saudi royal family, dont they have someone in the UN or ambassador in New york? i think he might do something like that

kinneret5764 said:
Has P. Hamzah gone back to school? Or has he graduated?
According to KA's recent interview on CNN, both Hamzah and Hash are coming back this summer. So, I'm assuming both are graduating this may. :) Hope to see more pics of them once they're back in Jordan!

cut1me said:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/12/31/princehamzah/

31 DECEMBER 2004

Jordan’s Prince Hamzah bin al-Hussein made his first public appearance since losing the title of crown prince when he took part in an end of year celebration in Amman on Thursday.

King Abdullah said he relieved his half brother of the title in an effort to free him up for a more active life in Jordanian politics. The 24-year-old, who is currently studying politics at an American university, has earned a reputation for his progressive views.

Joined by his wife Princess Noor, Hamzah attended the lively performance of singing and dancing by Circassian children in traditional dress. The children, who attend a school funded by one of the prince's charities, put on a colourful show that was enthusiastically received by the audience.
Who can think like KA that P. Hamzah couldn't have public acitivities (like that one on 31st December 2004) while he was a CP.

Is it me, or do they look terrible in that pic. They look very tierd!!!

shy said:
Is it me, or do they look terrible in that pic. They look very tierd!!!
For him, it was probably the exams. She looks fine I think, quite radiant.

I don't think Hashim will be graduating so soon. He entered Georgetown in Aug 2003, so that gives him abt 1 and 3/4 years more to go. Hamzah should be graduating right abt april 2005.

I'm really looking forward to what other role or position of power that Hamzah will be made to assume now, seeing how he couldn't do such things in his capacity as crown prince, which was oh so stifling! Haha. What goes on in the next few months will really determine the intentions of KA behind his mysterious words. No use speculating now, we'll just have to wait and see.

Rhaegar said:
For him, it was probably the exams. She looks fine I think, quite radiant.

I don't think Hashim will be graduating so soon. He entered Georgetown in Aug 2003, so that gives him abt 1 and 3/4 years more to go. Hamzah should be graduating right abt april 2005.

I'm really looking forward to what other role or position of power that Hamzah will be made to assume now, seeing how he couldn't do such things in his capacity as crown prince, which was oh so stifling! Haha. What goes on in the next few months will really determine the intentions of KA behind his mysterious words. No use speculating now, we'll just have to wait and see.
Hashim went to Duke before he went to Georgetown. Both Hamzah and Hashim started University the same year. Hashim just transferred. That doesn't mean he'll be graduating later.

i cant wait till they have kids, im excited to see what they will look like

P Hash probably flies back to USA this weekend, I wonder if P Noor and P Hamz will visit Jordan on their spring break, I would love to see a new pic of P Noor, I really like her-she seems to have a very pleasant, polite, and sweet disposition.

Does anyone by any chance have even an abstract or summary of "The Political View
written by Princess Noor, Alexandra L. Gross, and Manal Al-Dowan, here's a website I found, that lists the paper, but does not contain an abstarct or summary:

http://www.natcom.org/Convention/2002/Program/Day 4.htm

-Eliza

not the Political view, I meant "The Palestinian View"---geez what was I thinking?

-Eliza

Petra celebrate the birthday of Prince Hamzah tomorrow.

from jordantimes:

Prince Hamzah turns 25

HRH Prince Hamzah turns 25 today. Born in Amman on March 29, 1980, Prince Hamzah received his elementary education in Amman, and then completed his secondary studies at Harrow School in England. In 1999, he enrolled in the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst, passing out as commissioned officer in the Jordan Arab Army. Prince Hamzah is currently pursuing his university education in the US. Holding the rank of major in the Jordan Arab Army, Prince Hamzah has attended several military courses in the Kingdom and other countries. The Prince is the honorary president of the Jordan Basketball Federation. He is also the chairman of the board of trustees of the Royal Automobile Museum and the president of the Royal Aerosports Club of Jordan. On Aug. 29, 2003, Prince Hamzah got married to Princess Noor Bint Asem Ben Nayef. Prince Hamzah got his wings in parachuting and aviation

Attachments

• 2318I.jpg
    2318I.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 340
salma said:
from jordantimes:

Prince Hamzah turns 25

HRH Prince Hamzah turns 25 today. Born in Amman on March 29, 1980, Prince Hamzah received his elementary education in Amman, and then completed his secondary studies at Harrow School in England. In 1999, he enrolled in the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst, passing out as commissioned officer in the Jordan Arab Army. Prince Hamzah is currently pursuing his university education in the US. Holding the rank of major in the Jordan Arab Army, Prince Hamzah has attended several military courses in the Kingdom and other countries. The Prince is the honorary president of the Jordan Basketball Federation. He is also the chairman of the board of trustees of the Royal Automobile Museum and the president of the Royal Aerosports Club of Jordan. On Aug. 29, 2003, Prince Hamzah got married to Princess Noor Bint Asem Ben Nayef. Prince Hamzah got his wings in parachuting and aviation

what a shame for this alleged King, no pic of hamzah on his b-day, no news, nothing at all.... I wonder, is Hamzah still considered a threaten by KA ? Still now , after he's been deprived of his title and pushed aside, even sent away from his own country, not properly, but I bet he's no more welcome in jordan, nowadays.

tipper said:
what a shame for this alleged King, no pic of hamzah on his b-day, no news, nothing at all.... I wonder, is Hamzah still considered a threaten by KA ? Still now , after he's been deprived of his title and pushed aside, even sent away from his own country, not properly, but I bet he's no more welcome in jordan, nowadays.

I don't understand how everyone is so sure that QN and her kids are not welcome in Jordan, please explain this to me because I'm sure I'm missing something

almahboubah said:
Creepy indeed! The resemblence is magnificent. Nevertheless, I think Hamzah's better looking.

Hamzah's definitely better looking but King Hussein was much more charismatic. I love them both though.

Well QN does describe herself as an idealist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom