Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor: News and Pictures 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Working together

Reina said:
Yeah this is very true, but would KA and QR allow this? Or would they want everyone to stay in the background?
I think they value the backgrounds of their family....and QR has family to raise; KA has lots of responsibilities. I think they will incorporate them into various activities and causes. After all, so much more can be accomplished that way, right? I do agree with streamlining idea....the British royals model of assigning various causes to members of family is a good one as it demonstrates royal concern while allowing principle rulers to focus on truly pressing and important issues.

Last edited:
Finally figured out where P. Noor attended college. She attended Emerson College in Boston. Both her older sisters went there, and Q. Noor has enjoyed a longstanding affiliation with the college. This is probably the only college in the area that offers a Bachelor degree in Political Communication. She matriculated under the name "Noor Asem". Check out these links, you'll have to do a bit of reading:

http://jsons.collegepublisher.com/main.cfm/include/detail/storyid/379740.html
http://www.natcom.org/convention/2002/Program/Day 4.htm
http://www.bostonphoenix.com/archive/features/99/04/22/LOOSELY_SPEAKING.html

8:00-9:15 a.m.

Iberville

Fourth Floor

Marriott

MIDDLE EAST CONFLICTS
Sponsor: Peace and Conflict Communication Commission

Chair: Grant C. Cos, Rochester Institute of Technology

"Examining the Saudi Arabian Perspective for Peace." Prince Faisal Al-Saud, FAMA Holding Company, Saudi Arabia, J. Gregory Payne, Emerson College

"The Israeli Perspective." Anya Faber, Israeli Consulate, Boston, Kenneth J. Levine, Emerson College

"The Palestinian View." Noor Asem, Emerson College, Alexandra L. Gross, Emerson College, Manal Al-Dowan, London School of Economics

"The American Perspective." Natalie Blais, Emerson College, Jeff Bellows, Omgeo Communications, Chad O'Connor, Emerson College, John Mansella, Emerson College

Respondents: Ali Kanso, University of Texas, San Antonio
John C. Lammers, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Abbass Alkhafaji, University of Sharab, UAE
Dancing for dollars

The oft-maligned big-spending Euro crowd that populates Club Nicole on Thursday nights will get to show another side when the club hosts a fundraiser tonight (April 22) for UNICEF. Co-chaired by Emerson College student Sarah Asem (a niece of Jordan's Queen Noor), the event will cost $20 per person, half of which will be donated to increase awareness of the land-mine crisis in Mozambique. UNICEF will also hold a $2500-per-plate dinner at the Ritz June 3 honoring the queen, the former Lisa Halaby of Princeton.

More Emerson stuff, this time as Noor Hamzah. P. Noor is an exceptional student:

From: http://www.emerson.edu/emersontoday/index.cfm?view=showArticle&articleId=1461
Cecil and Helen Rose Oral Interpretation and Forensics Award This award is presented annually to a student(s) who furthers the tradition and excellence in oral interpretation and forensics associated with the area of Communication Studies.

Noor Hamzah, Jessica P. Henderson, Hannah Kane, Victor L. Shopov, Maita Soukup

More stuff again:

Emerson Students and Alumni Visit Saudi Arabia

Students, alums travel to Saudi Arabia for cultural exchange and novel experiences

A group of 19 students and alumni traveled around the globe to participate in a Saudi-American exchange, led by Associate Professor J. Gregory Payne. The 10-day trip was sponsored by Prince Faisal al Saud, an Emerson alumnus, and was held to promote understanding between Saudi Arabia and the United States.

“We arrived in Riyadh airport and were greeted by Prince Faisal al Saud,” reports sophomore Maita Soukup, who is studying political communication and journalism. “We visited carpet and antique markets, historical sites, swam in the Red Sea, met the editors of two newspapers and more.” The Emerson women were required to wear full-length abayas throughout their visit (see accompanying essay).

“The trip was a wonderful experience,” says Teresa Gallo, a master’s student from Spain who is studying political communication. “Everyone was open to us, talked to us. Sometimes women would approach us and ask us where we were from.” Gallo added that “we always think of the differences between Western and Eastern cultures. But there are many things we have in common. The media could be focusing on our similarities rather than our differences.”

One of the primary organizers of the trip, Alexandra Gross, who holds a 2001 master’s degree in political communication from Emerson, has traveled extensively, but was still moved by the discoveries she made about Saudi culture. “I was surprised at how Americanized the country was – the cars, the restaurants, English is spoken widely.” Gross was enthusiastic about organizing the exchange because she felt it was important to provide a chance for Emerson undergraduates to travel abroad and “see a new culture.”

Upon their return, the trip participants held a public discussion on campus.

Those who went on the trip were: Noor Asem, Tim Barney, Vanessa Becks, Allyson Burley, Robert Childs, Easton Craft, Owen Eagan, Michael Garrity, Joern Gutowski, Daniel Hetzel, Benjamin Hintze, Samantha Lussier, Martin Matishak, Matthew Matsaganis and John Silk.

More stuff:

Faculty and Students Participate in NCA Convention

by James O'Brien
nca.jpg
10 Emerson faculty members, nine graduate students and two undergraduate students from the Organizational & Political Comm. and Marketing Comm. Departments attended the National Communication Association's (NCA's) annual convention Nov. 21-24 in New Orleans.

Faculty members Ina R. Ames, John D. Anderson, Tom Cooper, Phillip J. Glenn (OPC Dept. Chair), Kenneth J. Levine, Rob MacDougall, Monique Myers, J. Gregory Payne, David Redmon and Sharon Weidner chaired discussions and presented various papers, ranging on topics from "Ethics in Action in the Classroom" to "U.S.-Saudi Relations Post 9/11."

Meanwhile, graduate students Chad O'Connor, John Mansella, Natalie Blais, Samantha Lussier, Vanessa Becks, Craig Weingarten, Isavara Sakunwadhna, Teresa Gallo and Alexandra L. Gross presented papers in numerous discussions, along with undergraduate students Noor Asem and Maita Soukup. "NCA is the nation's premiere organization for professionals engaging in teaching and scholarship about communication," said Phillip Glenn, Organizational & Political Communication department chair. "Emerson was well represented by faculty and students presenting original research, chairing and responding on panels, and attending informational sessions. The conference also provides good opportunities for networking that helps us recruit graduate students and develop collaborative projects with colleagues at other colleges and universities."

I know that P. Hamzah went to Harvard but it was incorrectly published that he and P. Noor went to the same university. They were attending schools in the same area, which certainly aided in the development of a relationship between the two.

Last edited by a moderator:
kinneret5764 said:
More Emerson stuff, this time as Noor Hamzah. P. Noor is an exceptional student:

From: http://www.emerson.edu/emersontoday/index.cfm?view=showArticle&articleId=1461
Cecil and Helen Rose Oral Interpretation and Forensics Award This award is presented annually to a student(s) who furthers the tradition and excellence in oral interpretation and forensics associated with the area of Communication Studies.

Noor Hamzah, Jessica P. Henderson, Hannah Kane, Victor L. Shopov, Maita Soukup
wow thank you for this, i guess now we know when P.Noor Hamzah went to college. Is Emerson a good college, where is it? P.Hamzah must be so proud of his wife. I wish there was so pics we could see

cut1me said:
wow thank you for this, i guess now we know when P.Noor Hamzah went to college. Is Emerson a good college, where is it? P.Hamzah must be so proud of his wife. I wish there was so pics we could see
Hi Cut1me, Emerson College is in Boston. It was founded in 1880, so it's been around for a very long time. Unfortunately I haven't come across any photos of P. Noor Hamzah at Emerson College.

Here's the link to Emerson College: http://www.emerson.edu/

kinneret5764 said:
I know that P. Hamzah went to Harvard but it was incorrectly published that he and P. Noor went to the same university. They were attending schools in the same area, which certainly aided in the development of a relationship between the two.
How come she's not called Noor Hamzah, I wonder, when we , who live in Europe or US, work or attend a Uni courses, we are known with our family name, even if married, this was different in my country til about 35 years ago- so, I'm a bit puzzled she's called Noor Asem- anyway, it must be her- I read just days ago, Hamzah is attending Political Sciences at Harvard, what is she studying ? I can't help thinking she's going on with her own life in a time when she should be at her husband' side..... I really don't like her attitude, did she get married to a CP of Jordan, or to a man she was in love with ?

cut1me said:
sorry, I did not read it, I replied be4e posting my previous message, proud of what, she should have been in Jordan..... at his side- at least, I read it in 1 of the hundreds of newspapers which wrote about Hamzah losing his title, well, QN was left- I'm quoting the newspaper- with a sour taste in her mouth.

tipper said:
sorry, I did not read it, I replied be4e posting my previous message, proud of what, she should have been in Jordan..... at his side- at least, I read it in 1 of the hundreds of newspapers which wrote about Hamzah losing his title, well, QN was left- I'm quoting the newspaper- with a sour taste in her mouth.
Hi Tipper,

I think P. Noor Hamzah was in Jordan but was not photographed. She is hardly ever mentioned in the press -- QR seems to be very territorial. No other female member of the JRF receives as much coverage as she does. We hardly hear of or see Princess Rym, P. Ali's new wife. Or maybe P. Hamzah did not want her to be there to feel the same humiliation he probably felt during the opening of Parliament.

Also, P. Noor Hamzah was Noor Asem when she was not yet married. When she is mentioned as Noor Asem at Emerson, she was not yet married to P. Hamzah. Her name before she married P. Hamzah was HRH Princess Noor bint Asem; Asem being the name of her father, P. Asem bin Nayef.

tipper said:
How come she's not called Noor Hamzah, I wonder, when we , who live in Europe or US, work or attend a Uni courses, we are known with our family name, even if married, this was different in my country til about 35 years ago- so, I'm a bit puzzled she's called Noor Asem- anyway, it must be her- I read just days ago, Hamzah is attending Political Sciences at Harvard, what is she studying ? I can't help thinking she's going on with her own life in a time when she should be at her husband' side..... I really don't like her attitude, did she get married to a CP of Jordan, or to a man she was in love with ?
Asem is her father's first name. She doesn't have a last name really so that's why she took on that name. It's not easy to just change your last name right after you get married so I'm sure she just kept it in school for the year after she was married. It's really no big deal.

I'm pretty sure that she's right there with Hamzah but she's never shown or written about by the Jordanian media.

kinneret5764 said:
I always thought that that might be the case because it's pretty sure that he goes to Harvard. I always thought that she might have been going to another school in Boston since there are so many there. It would make sense thought that neither of their schools would be mentioned in the media since they're in the same city. I think we thought the went to the same school since their schools were so close to each other.

kinneret5764 said:
Hi Tipper,

I think P. Noor Hamzah was in Jordan but was not photographed. She is hardly ever mentioned in the press -- QR seems to be very territorial. No other female member of the JRF receives as much coverage as she does. We hardly hear of or see Princess Rym, P. Ali's new wife. Or maybe P. Hamzah did not want her to be there to feel the same humiliation he probably felt during the opening of Parliament.

Also, P. Noor Hamzah was Noor Asem when she was not yet married. When she is mentioned as Noor Asem at Emerson, she was not yet married to P. Hamzah. Her name before she married P. Hamzah was HRH Princess Noor bint Asem; Asem being the name of her father, P. Asem bin Nayef.

I know that, she was Noor bin Al Aasem, her grandfather was Nayef, King Talal's younger brother- though... if she left US to KSA with her fellow students, she could not be in Jordan, at the same time, couldn't she ? humilation, yes, he must have felt it, that's for sure, though he was there, he didn't hide or something like that..... if he was feeling like that, I'm positive his wife should have been there, sitting next to him, thanx God Hashim was there, as I bet Ali is very satisfied with KA's betrayal to Hamzah, too.

tipper said:
I know that, she was Noor bin Al Aasem, her grandfather was Nayef, King Talal's younger brother- though... if she left US to KSA with her fellow students, she could not be in Jordan, at the same time, couldn't she ? humilation, yes, he must have felt it, that's for sure, though he was there, he didn't hide or something like that..... if he was feeling like that, I'm positive his wife should have been there, sitting next to him, thanx God Hashim was there, as I bet Ali is very satisfied with KA's betrayal to Hamzah, too.
Tipper, that article was from 2002. She went to KSA as a student during her sophomore year. She was not yet married to Hamzah. It's old news.

kinneret5764 said:
Tipper, that article was from 2002. She went to KSA as a student during her sophomore year. She was not yet married to Hamzah. It's old news.
oh, sorry, so that does not mean she' still at Edmont ,now, doesn't it ?

tipper said:
oh, sorry, so that does not mean she' still at Edmont ,now, doesn't it ?
Right now I think she's being a full-time wife while P. Hamzah completes his studies. I'm sure she was in Jordan with him but is never photographed. KA and QR are afraid this young royal couple wil upstage them.

AMMAN, JORDAN: Jordan's Prince Hamzah bin al-Hussein (C), his wife Princess Noor (4th L), former MP Munir Sobar (3rd L) and Norma Batt (3rd R), the director of a school funded by the prince, pose with Circassian children after they performed a traditional dance during an end of the year performance in Amman 30 December 2004. This was prince Hamzah's first public appearance since King Abdullah II announced 28 November 2004 his decision to renounce his younger half-brother's title of Crown Prince, in a public letter explaning that the decision was to free Prince Hamzah to pursue 'other functions'. AFP PHOTO/KHALIL MAZRAAWI (Photo credit should read KHALIL MAZRAAWI/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• JR-hamzah-noor-504.jpg
    JR-hamzah-noor-504.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,112
Alexandria said:
AMMAN, JORDAN: Jordan's Prince Hamzah bin al-Hussein (C), his wife Princess Noor (4th L), former MP Munir Sobar (3rd L) and Norma Batt (3rd R), the director of a school funded by the prince, pose with Circassian children after they performed a traditional dance during an end of the year performance in Amman 30 December 2004. This was prince Hamzah's first public appearance since King Abdullah II announced 28 November 2004 his decision to renounce his younger half-brother's title of Crown Prince, in a public letter explaning that the decision was to free Prince Hamzah to pursue 'other functions'. AFP PHOTO/KHALIL MAZRAAWI (Photo credit should read KHALIL MAZRAAWI/AFP/Getty Images)
Thank goodness he's back! It's really great to see him. What a joy! :) :) :)

cut1me said:
they really are such a lovely couple. u can tell their in love. Hamzah seems to be such a caring man, very affectionette, you can tell he really cares for her
Yes they do look so much in love....can't wait to see their children too,I am guessing the announcement will be sometime soon within the comming few months.

Alexandria said:
So this pic was taken today Dec.30th,this can mean they have been in Jordan for a while. it's good to see them both together in Jordan. but this time,I dun think Hamzah looks good,he looks rather bored and tired!
Good to see Noor though,she looks good.

kinneret5764 said:
Thank goodness he's back! It's really great to see him. What a joy! :) :) :)
I think he's not looking like his older self, I wonder if he had his exams on Dec 20 ...????

another pic of the event

Attachments

• JORDAN-PRINCE-015846-pih.jpg
    JORDAN-PRINCE-015846-pih.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 2,098
  • showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 7,781
Alexandria said:
oh its so nice to see them together. P.Hamzah looks older more mature maybe its the beard.

Bubbette said:
Wow she gained a lot of weight!
i think she looks good

wow...in the last picture she does appear to have put on a little weight. Could be just the picture or it could be something else:) Well...I guess we will just have to wait and see.

hamzah in hello magazine

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/12/31/princehamzah/

31 DECEMBER 2004

Jordan’s Prince Hamzah bin al-Hussein made his first public appearance since losing the title of crown prince when he took part in an end of year celebration in Amman on Thursday.

King Abdullah said he relieved his half brother of the title in an effort to free him up for a more active life in Jordanian politics. The 24-year-old, who is currently studying politics at an American university, has earned a reputation for his progressive views.

Joined by his wife Princess Noor, Hamzah attended the lively performance of singing and dancing by Circassian children in traditional dress. The children, who attend a school funded by one of the prince's charities, put on a colourful show that was enthusiastically received by the audience.

Was this event covered in the Jordanian press? I didn't see any mention of it in the English language Jordanian newspapers.

cut1me said:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/12/31/princehamzah/

31 DECEMBER 2004

Jordan’s Prince Hamzah bin al-Hussein made his first public appearance since losing the title of crown prince when he took part in an end of year celebration in Amman on Thursday.

King Abdullah said he relieved his half brother of the title in an effort to free him up for a more active life in Jordanian politics. The 24-year-old, who is currently studying politics at an American university, has earned a reputation for his progressive views.

Joined by his wife Princess Noor, Hamzah attended the lively performance of singing and dancing by Circassian children in traditional dress. The children, who attend a school funded by one of the prince's charities, put on a colourful show that was enthusiastically received by the audience.

cute_girl said:
it's not like Hello to mention a routine visit of Hamzah,I wonder!
They're just looking for anything and everything about him now that he has been demoted. I guess they're watching to see if he will hit back at KA in anyway. It's awful to be in the spotlight for such reasons. But I believe P. Hamzah will carve out his own niche and will be highly successful at whatever he chooses to do.

Prince Hamzah Makes First Appearance Since Losing Title

31 DECEMBER 2004

Souce: Hello!

Attachments

• hamzah-dop1a.jpg
    hamzah-dop1a.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 2,488
yes i mean how is the crown prince now at this moment in jordan... i was thinking maybe prince hussein el abdullah the first child of Queen Rania and King Abdullah

A bigger picture...and a new one

Attachments

• 51902900b.jpg
    51902900b.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 445
  • showLayoutImageb.jpg
    showLayoutImageb.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4,375
Last edited:
kinneret5764 said:
I like the beard on him. I hope he keeps it. Happy New Year to Everyone!!!
i agree the beard really suits him, but he looks a little tired

kinneret5764 said:
I like the beard on him. I hope he keeps it. Happy New Year to Everyone!!!
Yea I love it on him too. It makes him look wow!:eek:
Happy New year everyone.

Alexandria said:
Prince Hamzah Makes First Appearance Since Losing Title

The 24-year-old, who is currently studying politics at an American university, has earned a reputation for his progressive views.

Souce: Hello!
Whats this supposed to mean?! Oh cud it be true??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom