The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Commoner

hi would someone PLEASE post pictures of Hamzah and noor together in London. i know someone previously asked but no one did post any:( pleaseeeee

Old 05-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by heyyyy@May 30th, 2004 - 1:45 pm
hi would someone PLEASE post pictures of Hamzah and noor together in London. i know someone previously asked but no one did post any:( pleaseeeee
This is the only picture that I could find... There probably aren't that many pictures of their trip to London and that's why no one has posted. This is from Hamzah's official website

LONDON — HRH Crown Prince Hamzah stressed that Islam is a moderate faith that calls for tolerance, understanding and peace between people and rejects hatred, extremism and violence.

The Prince's remarks were made as he headed a panel discussion organised here by the British Council as part of a cultural programme, "Jordan in the UK," in which Jordanian and British students studying in the UK universities met and exchanged viewpoints over many cultural issues.

Crown Prince Hamzah called on the Western world to study and understand Islam on the basis of facts, rather than any other criteria that leads to giving the wrong impression about the faith and its followers in the world.

He highlighted the role assumed by His Majesty King Abdullah in clearing the name of Islam and removing misunderstanding about it.

The Crown Prince added that the increasing Western interest in studying Islam and the history of the Middle East gives a feeling of optimism, but he added that such a study must be driven by willingness for cooperation and understanding to prevent cultural clash.

"Islam is based on respecting followers of other religions and effectively participating in building human civilisation," he said.

Islam, the Crown Prince stressed, is also a faith based on science and knowledge. For such a reason, added the Prince, Jordan is always working to improve its educational system and investing more in its human resources.

Prince Hamzah called on the Jordanian students in London to benefit from the experience they gain at the British universities to help build their country when they return home.

The Crown Prince said that the educational process should focus on "quality" rather than "quantity" and on meeting real market demands. In this regard, he said, Jordan led by King Abdullah is exerting remarkable efforts to introduce the concept of "modern school" to the Kingdom's educational system.

The importance of improving the educational sector in the country, he said, stems from the influential role modern education can play in enhancing the Jordanian democratic march, which started in the reign of His Late Majesty King Hussein.

The significance of powerful educational and democratic system, Prince Hamzah pointed out, also stems from the fact that it helps to a great extent in empowering women to assume more active role in public life.

Jordan, he added, has set an example by paving the way for women to reach Parliament where they have now a six-seat quota. Jordanian women are also represented in the Upper House and are participating in decision-making through having three female ministers in the Cabinet, adding there is at least one woman in each of the country’s 99 municipalities.

In this context, HRH the Crown Prince, pointed out to the great efforts paid by Her Majesty Queen Rania and the government in advancing the role played by the Jordanian women in building their society.

Responding to a question from students participating in the two-hour panel discussion, Prince Hamzah said that objective media can play an effective and active role in bridging gaps between people from different societies and cultures.

Towards the end of the panel discussion, Prince Hamzah highlighted the importance of the "Jordan in the UK" programme which aimed at dismissing misconceptions associated with the Arab/Islamic culture and strengthening intercultural communication and dialogue between young people in Jordan and UK in order to achieve a greater understanding of the nature and values of both societies.

Prince Hamzah said that such activities entrench the belief that "what gathers us as humans to achieve our dreams and hopes is greater than what separates us" and that "knowing the other plays an important role in sparing the world many painful crises resulting from frustration and misunderstanding."

The panel discussion was attended by The Hashemite Fund for Human Development Director Farah Daghistani and Deputy Raed Qaqish. While Qaqish emphasised that the Jordanian society has many examples to indicate the effective exercise of the right of expression and democracy, Daghistani pointed out that more efforts should be exerted to spread awareness about both concepts in both the Arab and Western worlds.

Also participating in the panel discussion, which was moderated by the British Council Director in Amman, Tim Gore, were the BBC News presenter Zeinab Badawi, who said that Jordan is a clear example of a moderate country in the Middle East, and the Independent columnist and writer, Johann Hari.

Hamzah

On the sidelines of the seminar, Prince Hamzah, accompanied by HRH Princess Noor Hamzah, opened a photo exhibition by Jordanian students. Photos depicting the Kingdom's culture and art were on display.

Noor and Hamzah

Old 05-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Commoner

heyy thank you SOOO much LYONNAISE. very helpful.
also, can u please tell me where exactly on the website it says that?
Old 05-30-2004, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by heyyyy@May 30th, 2004 - 4:12 pm
heyy thank you SOOO much LYONNAISE. very helpful.
also, can u please tell me where exactly on the website it says that?
No problem..

Here's his website address: Prince Hamzah's Official Website

*Go to "News and Events"
*Click on February.. then on February 13th
Old 05-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Aristocracy

Al-Arabia did a program on Hamza today in the weekly magazine program called "Mahatat". They showed his childhood, engagement and wedding. It was about 5 minutes but very interesting. I think they will do a repeat tomorrow so if you have Al-Arabia tune in.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:05 AM
Nobility

Amman, June 8 (Petra)--Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Hamzah
Bin Al Hussein and Princess Nor Hamzah left the country for a private
visit.

Hm... I wonder if that&#39;s their honeymoon.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Banadoora@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:05 am
Amman, June 8 (Petra)--Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Hamzah
Bin Al Hussein and Princess Nor Hamzah left the country for a private
visit.

Hm... I wonder if that's their honeymoon.
i read somewhere that their in london

they are such a lovely couple, they look soo in love. may god protect them. I was a bit weary first when i heard he got engaged but when i saw their wedding on TV, you can see that their in love
Old 06-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Commoner

hey cut1me, where did you read about them being in London? any sources? any links?
just want to see because im curious
Old 06-15-2004, 05:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by heyyyy@Jun 14th, 2004 - 5:32 pm
hey cut1me, where did you read about them being in London? any sources? any links?
just want to see because im curious
I saw them in London, both of them...
Old 06-15-2004, 06:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
saw them in London, both of them...
Yep they are in London.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:27 PM
Commoner

CUT1ME? you saw them? please give us all details.. hehe where? when? what were they doing? wearing? anything...EVERYTHING plzz
Old 06-15-2004, 07:27 PM
Commoner

did u speak 2 them?
Old 06-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by heyyyy@Jun 15th, 2004 - 7:27 pm
CUT1ME? you saw them? please give us all details.. hehe where? when? what were they doing? wearing? anything...EVERYTHING plzz
i didnt speak to them, they were talking and laughing together. I wanted to say hello and congratulations but i was too embarassed. They are a very cute couple, they look happy and very relaxed together
Old 06-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Courtier

well, is she as pretty in person as in the pics?
Old 06-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by cd_1@Jun 16th, 2004 - 11:03 am
well, is she as pretty in person as in the pics?
she is much nicer in person, prettier, she is very cute, she has a great smile
Old 06-16-2004, 03:36 PM
Nobility

His parents spent their honeymoon in England so I wouldn&#39;t be surprised if they spent theirs there too. P Hamzah probably knows his way around London very well. He spent quite a few years there.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Commoner

where exactly did u see them CUT1ME??
Old 06-17-2004, 04:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Banadoora@Jun 16th, 2004 - 3:36 pm
His parents spent their honeymoon in England so I wouldn&#39;t be surprised if they spent theirs there too.
i wonder if they will go somewhere else for their honeymoon, like a secluded island or something
Old 06-17-2004, 04:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by heyyyy@Jun 16th, 2004 - 6:22 pm
where exactly did u see them CUT1ME??
i saw them in Kensington
Old 06-17-2004, 04:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Amoula@Jun 15th, 2004 - 6:25 am

Yep they are in London.
did u see them amoula?