The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 04:50 AM
Commoner

Wow he like's to listen to eminem, that's great! It seems, just to hear at the story's about Hamzah, that he is just a great, normal guy! Sending people info about his country and stuff. I love him!!!

About the smoking? I don't mind that he would do it, I also saw a picture of his sister Haya, smoking.

Conclusion, Hamzah is the BEST!!!!

Old 01-31-2004, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

I don't see any of Q. Noor in him.

Old 01-31-2004, 11:38 PM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Jan 31st, 2004 - 8:16 pm
I don't see any of Q. Noor in him.
He has Q. Noor's nose. That's about it. In some pictures, CP. Hamzah looks a lot like his maternal grandfather, Najeeb Halaby. But I agree, CP Hamzah looks alot like his father, K. Hussein.

I think P. Hashim is a deadringer for the late King Talal.
Old 02-14-2004, 02:53 PM
bluetortuga

These two look so cute together. They suit each other:

http://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/45/a06.jpg
http://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/45/a07.jpg
http://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/45/a08.jpg

I can't wait for the official celebration in May!
Old 02-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Nobility

The article in Petra says that they're in London. Maybe they are on a bit of a break.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:45 PM
bluetortuga

Quote:
The article in Petra says that they're in London. Maybe they are on a bit of a break.
I don't know if CP Hamzah and P. Noor celebrate Valentine's Day. But maybe Hamzah decided to wisk away P. Noor to London for a special weekend together, in conjunction with this seminar. I love the pictures. I think they suit each well, and that this marriage will work out.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:51 PM
Nobility

They look like such a cute couple. Black is a good color on her like Catherine Zeta jones. Her ring is so huge, but it does'nt look out of place. Does anyone know what peta is and where were this pics taken?
Old 02-15-2004, 12:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by sky@Feb 14th, 2004 - 10:51 pm
They look like such a cute couple. Black is a good color on her like Catherine Zeta jones. Her ring is so huge, but it does'nt look out of place. Does anyone know what peta is and where were this pics taken?
Petra is a Jordanian News Agency. Here's the link to its website. Petra

The pictures of CP Hamzah and P Noor Hamzah were taken in London. Black looks good on her but it's a colour for mourning. I personally try not to wear too much of it. It's just my opinion, but I still think that she looked great in what she was wearing.
Old 02-15-2004, 06:57 AM
Gentry

They were definitely in London, coz i recognised the Jordanian Ambassador to London sitting next to them in the first photo...

I think she's looks a bit washed out in black! Dig the ring though!
Old 02-16-2004, 03:46 AM
Nobility

http://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/45/a08.jpg

Is this the ring that we're talking about? Because it's on her right hand. A wedding ring would be on the left. Plus he gave her the ring on her left hand in their wedding pictures.

This ring is probably an engagement ring or something. I don't know. It definitely is big though.

You can sort of see the wedding ring on her left hand in the picture where they're sitting down.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:18 PM
Nobility

is it me,or they DO really look alike?
Noor and Hamza i mean?
Old 02-17-2004, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally posted by Banadoora@Feb 16th, 2004 - 3:46 am
Is this the ring that we're talking about? Because it's on her right hand. A wedding ring would be on the left. Plus he gave her the ring on her left hand in their wedding pictures.

This ring is probably an engagement ring or something. I don't know. It definitely is big though.

You can sort of see the wedding ring on her left hand in the picture where they're sitting down.
Are you talking about the turquoise ring?
I've seen Rania wearing a similar ring on several occasions.
And i think i saw Queen Noor wearing it too.
Is this a family thing?
Old 02-17-2004, 02:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by madonna23@Feb 17th, 2004 - 2:33 pm
anyway, back on topic, i think the ring is a family thing, humera, because noor, rania, and noor (the other one) have all worn it and they all look alike...
I wonder if it's the exact same ring that QNoor and QRania wore or if it's another one that looks like theirs. Could it be that they all share the same ring?
Old 02-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Courtier

no, i highly doubt that they would share the same ring...i think they are the same kind of ring...perhaps they carry some historical signicifance?
Old 02-18-2004, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally posted by Banadoora@Feb 17th, 2004 - 2:52 pm

I wonder if it's the exact same ring that QNoor and QRania wore or if it's another one that looks like theirs. Could it be that they all share the same ring?
I dont think they share the ring. Its more logical to assume that they both have a ring that looks the same... it could have some special significance to the family..

Here's Rania wearing the ring
http://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/46/a18.jpg
Old 02-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Commoner

i agree,
i don't think that they would share a ring
they would share tiara's though
"Perfect love is rare indeed - for to be a lover will require that you continually have the subtlety of the very wise, the flexibility of the child, the sensitivity of the artist, the understanding of the philosopher, the acceptance of the saint, the tolerance of the scholar and the fortitude of the certain."
-Leo Buscaglia
Old 05-12-2004, 03:54 AM
Courtier

I can't remember where I read this exactly, but has anyone heard that Prince Hamza was a sole survivor of a plane crash back in 1999? I hope the date is right. He supposedly was doing some kind of Parachute exercise with some other soilders, and after he jumped, the plane crashed. Also, I think Hamza is the one who looks the most like King Hussein, especially when he smiles. Hashim or Hashem looks like KH too, but I can't see KH in any of the other princes. Oh yeah, and he does have a beautiful smile.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by sommone@May 12th, 2004 - 2:54 am
I can't remember where I read this exactly, but has anyone heard that Prince Hamza was a sole survivor of a plane crash back in 1999? I hope the date is right. He supposedly was doing some kind of Parachute exercise with some other soilders, and after he jumped, the plane crashed. Also, I think Hamza is the one who looks the most like King Hussein, especially when he smiles. Hashim or Hashem looks like KH too, but I can't see KH in any of the other princes. Oh yeah, and he does have a beautiful smile.
I've never heard this before. Where did you hear about it???
Old 05-13-2004, 05:31 AM
Courtier

Banadoora, try going to:

www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/archive-2000/me-jordan-07-26.html
or try
www.turkishdailynews.com/old_editions/07-26-00/for2.htm

There is a slight difference in the way the story is told according to these two papers...also, I'm not sure how reliable these papers are since I'm new at the whole Royal thing, but I just found it odd that no one had ever mentioned it on any of the websites about him that I have visited. I almost didn't find the URLs, but I'm glad I did so that at least no one on this forum can say it is a lie, or a rumor made up by me. I don't have time to be spreading lies or rumors about people I do not know other than what I have heard or read about them. Not saying that anyone will say that, but I'm just repeating what I read. Hope the URLs are correct.

Also when I first read about it, I didn't remember them saying that 58 others had jumped from the plane before CP Hamza, and the remaining soilders died. In one of those sources I think it implies that he wasn't on the plane, but the other one says he was a sole survivor.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:55 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the links sommone. I can't access the second one though. I tried going to the turkishdaily homepage and then archive, year 2000, Juky 26th but it seems the article has been removed.