The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor: Current News, Part 5

Welcome to Part 5 of Current News on Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor.

The revious thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our Forum Posting Rules & Guidelines, particularly those about respect and not attacking other members. As well as our Copyright Rule and our Attachment Rule.

Have fun!

Old 06-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for all the photos!

Old 06-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Courtier

I forgot to tell u guys, the other day I was watching Jordan the royal tour (for the 5th time,lol), but on Jordan TV they cut the part that had Hamzah in it!! :(
Old 06-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
I forgot to tell u guys, the other day I was watching Jordan the royal tour (for the 5th time,lol), but on Jordan TV they cut the part that had Hamzah in it!! :(

That's not nice.

BTW, thanks for all the Petra pics that you've been posting. I stopped going on there to look for pics of P Hamzah a while ago so if you weren't around, I wouldn't have seen them at all!
Old 06-13-2006, 10:21 PM
Serene Highness

hi everyone! just a question--what do you call the scarf that the members of the JRF are wearing? the red one that has a similar pattern to the kaffiyeh? thanks!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:53 AM
Gentry

We call it " Shma'3" .Kaffeyyeh or Koffeyeh which is also called 7atta" is the black & White Palestenian one"...but here it is a scarf shape as you saw it in the parade....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
hi everyone! just a question--what do you call the scarf that the members of the JRF are wearing? the red one that has a similar pattern to the kaffiyeh? thanks!
Old 06-14-2006, 06:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by salwa
We call it " Shma'3" .Kaffeyyeh or Koffeyeh which is also called 7atta" is the black & White Palestenian one"...but here it is a scarf shape as you saw it in the parade....
ummm We call it Hatta too Salwa,The red and white checked one.
Anyway, yea shmagh, Kuffieh or Kuffieh...
Old 06-14-2006, 06:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banadoora
That's not nice.

BTW, thanks for all the Petra pics that you've been posting. I stopped going on there to look for pics of P Hamzah a while ago so if you weren't around, I wouldn't have seen them at all!
Yea I know, I was so upset!
LOL no problem about the pics
Welcome back:)
Old 06-14-2006, 05:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Yea I know, I was so upset!
LOL no problem about the pics
Welcome back:)
But I think I have the clip that you were talking about. I finally uploaded it onto my photobucket. I have a few other ones from his website on there too. So enjoy!

P.S. A couple of them are in Arabic.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v60/banadoora/Vids/
Old 06-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banadoora
But I think I have the clip that you were talking about. I finally uploaded it onto my photobucket. I have a few other ones from his website on there too. So enjoy!

P.S. A couple of them are in Arabic.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v60/banadoora/Vids/
AWw thanks Hon :)
Old 06-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Courtier

everytime I watch his sky diving clip my heart nearly stops, it's as if I watch it for the first time, he was amazing!
Old 06-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Serene Highness

thank you salwa and lil_Monkey for your replies!:) so it's a hatta or shmagh...
Old 06-15-2006, 08:22 AM
Courtier

It's the first time for me I hear hem speaking.
Thank you

It was too good to be true...
Old 06-17-2006, 04:28 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by salwa
yes true we call it shmagh or koofeyeh :)

but allow me to tell you that you're wrong regarding the black and white shmagh..its not for palestinians..Jordanians also in the past used to wear the black and white all the time..also they used to wear the red and white..BUT..Mr. yasser A3arafat used to wear the black and white so palestinians sticked to wearing the black and white as a symbol following Yasser Arafat's leads :p

ya3ni these shmaghs weren't for certain people from different origins..all arabs wear them but people newly started classifying shmaghs according to origins..

also the red shmagh is called 7atta

Kindest regards
Old 06-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by allousho

but allow me to tell you that you're wrong regarding the black and white shmagh..its not for palestinians..Jordanians also in the past used to wear the black and white all the time..also they used to wear the red and white..BUT..Mr. yasser A3arafat used to wear the black and white so palestinians sticked to wearing the black and white as a symbol following Yasser Arafat's leads :p

ya3ni these shmaghs weren't for certain people from different origins..all arabs wear them but people newly started classifying shmaghs according to origins..

Kindest regards
Allousho, welcome first !
thinking of it, ur right, my grandpa wears the white and black checked kuffieh, even though he's not from Pal. origins, I guess New generations have come up with all these classifications.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Kindest regards
very interesting point.I always wondered why so many people with saudi arabia origin wear the red/white shmagh too.i cant believe they are all jordanian origin, above many saudi princes who often reside in frankfurt wear the white one, and the white/red one.
but i've never seen a jordanian or a saudi prince wearing the black/white one.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:46 AM
Gentry

I know dear ..i remember a east Jordanian 7ajjeh " old lady " who was from ramtha " northern part of Jordan" who used to come visiting her son " our neighbor" and used to wear the black and white kofeyyeh as a headscarf , but since the 1970 the black & White have become a trademark for Palestinian Fedaee….

Now it is rather rare to find any one of non –Palestinian origin who wear it unless to show support to our Palestinian cause …I wear it though for any rally to support Palestine …I have 3 …one black & white with hodob " tassels " , one without tassels and another red one …

Quote:

Kindest regards
Old 06-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Gentry

Ever wonder were prince HAmza lives if he comes to Jordan for good after finishing uni?
Old 06-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Courtier

he is already in Jordan for good, he's staying in Amman, he came back to Jordan last January.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:54 AM
Nobility

Question I wonder

Quote:
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/10/11898I.htm
Prince Hamzah and princess Noor in todays great military parade...

well, I know it's not our business ,but I'd have expected Hamzeh and Noor to have a baby after his grad from Harvard- maybe she's already with a baby or do they think they are still too young to be parents? Don't know the answer, maybe any of u knows it?