Prince Ali, Princess Rym & Family Current Events 1: October 2004-July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wedding pictures and related discussion about Ali and Rym's wedding have been split from this News and Picture thread on the couple and moved to a seperate wedding thread for the couple in the Something New, Something Royal forum.

You can post more pictures and discuss the wedding of this couple here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3539

prince Ali and P Rym visit the coach of the Jordanian football team in the hospital

الاميران علي وريم يزوران الجوهري في المستشفىOctober 14, 2004
joh.jpg_-1_-1.jpg
تيسير محمود العميري

قام الامير علي بن الحسين رئيس اتحاد الكرة والاميرة ريم العلي،بزيارة مساء امس للمدير الفني للمنتخب الوطني محمود الجوهري،الذي يرقد على سرير الشفاء في المركز العربي،حيث يعالج اثر الوعكة الصحية التي المت به بعد عودة المنتخب من لاوس.​
وقد اطمأن الامير علي بن الحسين والاميرة ريم العلي على صحة الجوهري وتمنيا له سرعة الشفاء والعودة للاشراف على الفريق الوطني،مؤكدا الامير علي الثقة بالجوهري والرغبة بالسير قدما في خطة اعداد المنتخب ومنها المشاركة في بطولة LG .​

Rym is going to open the jordanian women football league at 5th on Nov i just read that in the newspaper they saying that she support football play a lot

I was also thinking...even if Prince Ali and Princess Rym were to have "bought" a house with their own money, someone would have had something to say about that...So whether they moved into KA and QR former residence, or they paid for a house themselves, there would have been no pleasing everyone.

Last edited:
p rym opens the women football game

الاميرة ريم العلي ترعى انطلاقة البطولة الكروية النسويةOctober 31, 2004

S0.jpg_-1_-1.jpg
اكرم ابو عيطة

ترعى الاميرة ريم العلي في الساعة الثامنة من مساء اليوم على ستاد عمان الدولي،المباراة الافتتاحية للبطولة التنشيطية الاولى لكرة القدم النسوية،والتي ستجمع بين فريقي الارثوذكسي وعمان،فيما تقام عند الساعة التاسعة والنصف مباراة شباب الاردن والجزيرة،وسيتأهل الفريقان الفائزان في هذه المباراة للمباراة النهائية في الساعة الثامنة من مساء يوم الاربعاء على ستاد عمان.

Last edited:
Could someone please translate the article on Princess Rym opening the women's football game? I know we would all like to be able to read the news! Thank you.

Julia said:
Could someone please translate the article on Princess Rym opening the women's football game? I know we would all like to be able to read the news! Thank you.
it says that she will open thefgames at 8:00 pm on Amman stadium, the first match will be between Arthodox team and amman team, and at 9:30 will be a match between shabab alurdun team and aljazeera.
the winners will meet on wednesday at 8:00.

P Rym in women football game.

Attachments

• rym football2.JPG
    rym football2.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 661
  • rym football.JPG
    rym football.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,159
Safaa Batin said:
P Rym in women football game.
well Rym seems to be intersted in football she is now with prince Ali in this feild i wonder if she is like fooltball for real but she looks great as Ali do

I notice that Princess Rym has been styled "HRH Princess Rym Al Ali" by Petra news agency. What are the criteria for "Al" to be added to a man's name? Why isn't P. Noor Hamzah styled as P. Noor Al-Hamzah, seeing that her husband is the crown prince?

bluetortuga said:
I notice that Princess Rym has been styled "HRH Princess Rym Al Ali" by Petra news agency. What are the criteria for "Al" to be added to a man's name? Why isn't P. Noor Hamzah styled as P. Noor Al-Hamzah, seeing that her husband is the crown prince?
Al means "the"..usually , and some times it is added to last name , and also can be used with the first name in some names, it does not need any criteria for that and does not mean any thing extra ,it is purely linguistic ,rhetorical, and aesthetic issue, some names are coming from the language like this, some names are more beautiful when adding "AL" Rym Al-Ali sounds more beautiful than Rym Ali,( Don't know if you feel that if your language is not Arabic) , Noor Hamzah sounds less complicated and more beautiful than Noor Alhamza , and easier to pronounce, but still can say Noor Alhamza , it still correct.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday, P. Ali:

Prince Ali turns 29 today

AMMAN (JT) — HRH Prince Ali turns 29 today [Thursday]. The Prince was born on Dec. 23, 1975 in Amman, to His Majesty the late King Hussein and Her Majesty the late Queen Alia. He attended various schools in Jordan, the United Kingdom and the US.

In 1993, the Prince graduated from Salisbury School in Connecticut where he excelled in sports, primarily wrestling, winning state championships.

After serving in the Jordanian Special Forces as a pathfinder and earning his military freefall parachute wings, Prince Ali joined the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst and was commissioned as an officer in December 1994.

At Sandhurst, Prince Ali was awarded the Brunei Medal for Excellence, and was a boxer in the British army.

Following Sandhurst, Prince Ali studied the philosophy of politics and religious mysticism at Princeton and Columbia universities in the US. He also took a course in Islamic Sharia law.

Prince Ali is president of the Jordan Football Association as well as the West Asian Football Association. He founded the Jordan Parachute Club before turning it over to HRH Prince Hamzah earlier this year. He is also the honorary president of the Prince Ali Ben Al Hussein Club for the Deaf-Mute and Al Jeel Al Jadeed Club.

Prince Ali is fluent in Arabic, English and Circassian, and his hobbies include skydiving, scuba diving, snow and water skiing, martial arts, rock climbing and horseback riding. In 1988, he led a team of Jordanian Circassians on horseback through Syria and Turkey to their ancestral homeland in the Northern Caucasus.

Prince Ali also enjoys reading history, primarily medieval Islamic history, as well as reading and writing poetry.

The Prince holds Al Kawkab Medal of the First Order as well as several foreign decorations, including a British knighthood.

He has also served as Regent to His Majesty King Abdullah.

He holds the rank of lieutenant colonel in the Jordan Armed Forces and presently commands His Majesty King Abdullah's Special Security Unit of the Royal Guards.

Prince Ali is also chief commissioner of the Royal Jordanian Film Commission.

HRH Prince Ali got married to HRH Rym Ali on Sept. 7, 2004.

Article from Petra, marking Ali's 29th birthday:)

Prince Ali's birthday anniversary

Amman/ Dec. 22/ (Petra)-- Tomorrow Thursday marks the
birthday anniversary of HRH Prince Ali bin Al Hussein.

Prince Ali was born on December 23,1975 in Amman, Jordan to
His Majesty the late King Hussein and Her Majesty the late Queen
Alia. Prince Ali attended various schools in Jordan, the United
Kingdom and the USA, graduating in 1993 from Salisbury School in
Connecticut, where he excelled in sports, primarily wrestling,
winning State Championships.

After serving in the Jordanian Special Forces as a
pathfinder and earning his military freefall parachute wings. Prince
Ali joined the Royal Military Academy Sand Hurst and was
commissioned as an officer in December 1994. At Sand Hurst, Prince
Ali was awarded the Brunei Medal for Excellence, and was a boxer in
the British Army.

HRH Prince Ali got married to HRH Princess Rym Ali on
September 7th, 2004.

Following Sand Hurst, Prince Ali studied the philosophy of
politics and religious mysticism at Princeton and Columbia
University in the United States. He also took a course in Islamic
Sharia Law.

Prince Ali is President of the Jordan Football Association as
well as the West Asian Football Association. He founded the
Jordan Parachute Club before turning it over to His Royal Highness
Prince Hamzah earlier this year. He is also the Honorary
President of Prince Ali bin Al Hussein Club for the
Deaf-Mute and Al-Jeel Al-Jadeed Club.

Prince Ali is fluent in Arabic, English and Circassian
languages. His hobbies include, skydiving, scuba diving, snow and
water skiing, martial arts, rock climbing and horseback riding ( in
1998 he led a team of Jordanian Circassians on horseback through
Syria and Turkey to their ancestral homeland in the Northern
Caucasus). Prince Ali also enjoys studying history, primarily
Medieval Islamic History, as well as reading and writing poetry.
Prince Ali holds the Al Kawkab decoration of the first degree
as well as a number foreign decorations, including a British
Knighthood. He has also served as Regent to His Majesty King
Abdullah II.

His Royal Highness Prince Ali holds the rank of
Lieutenant Colonel in the Jordanian Arab Army, and commands His
Majesty King Abdullah's Special Security Unit of the Royal Guards.
Prince Ali is also the Chief Commissioner of the Royal Jordanian
Film Commission.

Attachments

• 3687I.jpg
    3687I.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,366
Last edited:
Yes, I liked very much pictures of Ali and Haya together.

I saw few pictures of Rym after engagement to Ali and she looked great than before (even to me she has very nice features). She looked more relaxed and fresh look. But I still wonder what she is doing, 4 months after the wedding and no news. It sounds to me the media in Jordan does speak only about KA and QR, no space for others, specially Rym who was very active before :confused:

We probably won't hear much for Rym since she is in Jordan, and not much is reported on other members in their newspaper. I usually go to Jordan Times because I can't speak or read arabic, and Petra is written in arabic. We may see a picture here and there, or read an article sparingly, but I believe that is as much we will be getting on Rym. Too bad she isn't working for the press there in Jordan.

Last edited:
I find Rym charming, but the prince changed, young he was enough cute, but now...

I was just wondering if P Rym get pregnant dose they going to say something or just we are going to nkow when they have the baby
i like to know before

Haya looks great. I think there is some hope their children will be not bad looking.

Haya looks amazing!

well, and I think Rym looks good in those pics,she's become prettier since her wedding day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haya looks beautiful but Rym needs a little help with her fashion sense.
Where did this event take place? In Jordan?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Haya looks beautiful but Rym needs a little help with her fashion sense.
Where did this event take place? In Jordan?

I agree Humera...I like Rym a lot, but she can do with a wardrobe change...I realize that she isn't a 20 something anymore, but the things she wears makes her look old Of course, in my opinion being 34 or 35 is still very young. I especially hated that red dress she wore to I think Hamza and Noor's wedding. To me it didn't do anything for her figure. It made her look old. I would also like to see her do something different with her hair. I hope I don't sound over critical of her because I do like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom