The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Courtier

I agree with suria , picture can't tell us much about the state of the person in fact I prefer to see the person physical expression to understand his/her state .

I am thinking if she is long to those days when she was a reporter ? , it must be difficult to drop up some thing she was doing for years and love it , it seems her lifes changed a lot in short period .

Old 03-26-2006, 05:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
I agree with suria , picture can't tell us much about the state of the person in fact I prefer to see the person physical expression to understand his/her state .

I am thinking if she is long to those days when she was a reporter ? , it must be difficult to drop up some thing she was doing for years and love it , it seems her lifes changed a lot in short period .

if you noticed her engagement she made the same hair style, in her wedding she didn't put make up , so i think this is her character , i am not agree with her on this , but it seems that Ali likes her this way , if Ali is bothered by her appearance she would do something , but obviously Ali looks to like her this way. maybe she want to stay as she was , maybe she hates to say that she became a stylish when she became a princess.

she still can work as a reporter , but it seems that she doesn't want to , she can work and do many things as a princess , but maybe she doesn't has time , she looks tired but Ali is younger than her and looks more tired , so i believe that both of them don't look at the mirror a lot and look tired most of the time , it can be Jalilah

And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 03-26-2006, 06:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilah
Since this thread is about Ali and Rym, I will make an observation about the recent pictures from Paris. I think Rym's style is matronly compared to Rania. Rym dresses like my grandmother just with out the boots; but Camilla wears boots and she is sixty so............go figure. I don't want to compare Rania and Rym, but when they are photograhed together, I have to make a comment about their appearence.

I truly feel for Rym because she is older than the queen and older than her husband, although it is only by a few years. I think her dress is reflecting how she feels about herself. Her engagment pictures were lovey, despite the see through blouse, but after her marriage she has started to look dull and tired in appearance. Not to say she physical appears that way, but something seems to have changed in Rym from pre-marriage to post-marriage. It would seem Rym has lost her spark. She is just trotting along in life...she is in the moment...but she not fully there.

i have to agree , she looks like his mother (no offend i like Rym very much ) , what is the wrong with her , she has a baby so what , this shouldn't make her look this way , i love to see her in better way , someone should help her and give her advices about her appearance , even if she has problem many can help her to get over it.

maybe she is busy of thinking about keeping Ali next to her , sometimes these things keep women nervous and effect in bad way on them.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Nobility

My sentiments exactly. In addition to that, it's an entirely different although rewarding way of life. She's having to adjust to maternal insticts post natal, Espousing the Rules and regulations of the Court, Become accustomed to extensive travelling, both with and independant of her husband.

As Sommone said, there are a myriad of factors, which have resulted in PRym appearing to be tired. After becoming acclimatised to the aforementioned, fashion consciesness etc would take lesser importance.:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Well, I know a little something about PPD since I myself had it. For those who don't have children, being a first time mom can be very exciting, but overwhelming too. If she looks tired, it is probably because she is tired. Who knows what Jalilah's sleeping habits are/were like. My daughter for the first 2 months woke up every 2 hours at night for a bottle. I thought I would lose my mind plus I was dealing with PPD.

As for the way she dresses, to me, she has always dressed conservatively, and never did anything with her hair. It seems to me it is a longer version of what it use to look like before she married. Also, I was thinking with PA traveling a lot, it could be taking its toll on her being at home with the baby while he is abroad. There could be any number of things going on. I will agree though after reading several posts, Rym looks tired.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:09 AM
Nobility

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveabujalilah
i have to agree , she looks like his mother (no offend i like Rym very much ) , what is the wrong with her , she has a baby so what , this shouldn't make her look this way , i love to see her in better way , someone should help her and give her advices about her appearance , even if she has problem many can help her to get over it.

maybe she is busy of thinking about keeping Ali next to her , sometimes these things keep women nervous and effect in bad way on them.
well, do u mean she looks like Queen Alia?????????????? QA was so beautiful, no offence to Rym, and a very very elegant Lady, she was a real Lady, even more elegant than Queen Noor,- I've got many pix of her, she had an inner elegance, - as for Rym, i do like her alot, but, IMHO, she should bother a bit more about her appearance , just for her husband, who is a Royal Prince, and will soon be more and more important in Jordan, so it looks to me. I know she does not care about her looks, but she's a Princess, now, not a CNN reporter, that makes a great difference......
Old 04-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I dont really think that Rym's style is a reflection of her former job, but more of her own personality. Lots of female reporters cover war zones and other un-glamorous events but when they're not doing such assignments or back in the studio they look stylish and put together. CNN reporters in particular often look very glamorous and even overly made up. I have seen pictures of Princess Letizia reporting from the ME where she hardly looks recognizable, and yet we know what a stylish woman she is.
I dont particulary see a difference in Rym's style pre and post wedding/baby.
In her engagement pics she had the same hairstyle that she does now, and her outfit, while not bad, was hardly princess-to-be material. At Prince Hamzah's wedding she stood out in that rather casual red outfit and hairstyle while all the other women around her looked stunning in their traditional gowns. And at the opening of parliament last year she looked so unkempt.
I usually dont like commenting on Rym's (lack of) style because she seems like a very nice person to me. But in my opinion being a former reporter, or a new mom doesnt really account for the way she dresses. Nor does her age because there are lots of very stylish royal women who are the same age as Rym or older. Like I said above, she has always dressed this way, since before her wedding and baby. So maybe instead of trying to come up with explanations for why Rym dresses the way she does, we should accept the fact that she's just not that inclined towards fashion.
With the right help she could look much better but it really is up to her to make that decision.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily62_1
well, do u mean she looks like Queen Alia?????????????? QA was so beautiful, no offence to Rym, and a very very elegant Lady, she was a real Lady, even more elegant than Queen Noor,- I've got many pix of her, she had an inner elegance, - as for Rym, i do like her alot, but, IMHO, she should bother a bit more about her appearance , just for her husband, who is a Royal Prince, and will soon be more and more important in Jordan, so it looks to me. I know she does not care about her looks, but she's a Princess, now, not a CNN reporter, that makes a great difference......
i think she meant princess rym looks so old like being PA's mother
Old 04-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I dont really think that Rym's style is a reflection of her former job, but more of her own personality. Lots of female reporters cover war zones and other un-glamorous events but when they're not doing such assignments or back in the studio they look stylish and put together. CNN reporters in particular often look very glamorous and even overly made up. I have seen pictures of Princess Letizia reporting from the ME where she hardly looks recognizable, and yet we know what a stylish woman she is.
In her engagement pics she had the same hairstyle that she does now, and her outfit, while not bad, was hardly princess-to-be material. At Prince Hamzah's wedding she stood out in that rather casual red outfit and hairstyle while all the other women around her looked stunning in their traditional gowns. And at the opening of parliament last year she looked so unkempt.
I usually dont like commenting on Rym's (lack of) style because she seems like a very nice person to me. But in my opinion being a former reporter, or a new mom doesnt really account for the way she dresses. Nor does her age because there are lots of very stylish royal women who are the same age as Rym or older. Like I said above, she has always dressed this way, since before her wedding and baby. So maybe instead of trying to come up with explanations for why Rym dresses the way she does, we should accept the fact that she's just not that inclined towards fashion.
With the right help she could look much better but it really is up to her to make that decision.

nice talking , i think this is the point ,and i think this is Rym and her clothes reflects her character , i think she is very serious woman , deal with life in serious way , and never care about her look and consider it a silly thing
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 04-03-2006, 10:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily62_1
no no no believe this wasn't what i meant, i meant that she is old as a mother to PA. QA she is indeed the most beautiful woman in the world. Allah Yr7mha

suria u said you have more photos can u please post them here
Old 04-04-2006, 04:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~

See, this is the same thing I was saying. She's always dressed the same. I mean if PA is looking for her to suddenly become more fashionable then it will be a bit unfair IMO since she's never seem to shown interest in doing so. He obviously liked her for more than just her fashion sense.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Prince Ali and Princess Reem Take Part in Stockholm's Celebrations</STRONG>
/8/
Stockholm, April 29 (Petra)-- Deputizing Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania, HRH Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein and HRH Princess Reem on Saturday took part in the Stockholm's celebrations on the occasion of Swedish King's 60th Birthday

Prince Ali and Princess Reem conveyed best regards of Their Majesties the King and the Queen to King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, wishing him and the Swedish people further progress and prosperity.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Pictures of Prince Ali and Princess Rym at the celebrations in Sweden can be found here:

60th Birthday Celebrations of King Carl XVI Gustaf (28-30 April 2006)
Old 05-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Courtier

Investigations roll on in bribery case against Shabab Hussein

Publish Date : 2/May/2006
Secretary general of the Jordanian Football Association affirmed that JFA held an official urgent meeting to discuss the issue and that HRH Prince Ali was in contact with the board members throughout the meeting, in the meantime, Shabab Hussein dismissed the allegations and considered them "false" and "baseless".

from JFA.com.jo
Old 05-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Courtier

I read in newspaper that princess Jalilah was with her parents in sweden. It's must be her first official trip.

You can read it on "theroyalforums.com" on "the Royal House of Sweden" . the thread :60th Birthday Celebrations of King Carl XVI Gustaf 28- 30April

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The guestlist

http://www.royalcourt.se/evenemang/h...e80004679.html
Jordanien: Prins Ali Bin Al Hussein och Prinsessan Rym Ali med dottern Prinsessan Jalila Bint Ali, Prins Raad Bin Zeid och Prinsessan Majda Raad Zeid samt Prins El Hassan bin Talal och Prinsessan Sarvath El Hassan.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:13 AM
Courtier

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/May/21/16.htm

The King is accompanied by an official delegation comprised of Prime Minister Marouf Al Bakhit, Director of the King Office Basem Awad Allah, Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdel Elah al-Khatib and Director of Intelligence Department Maj. General Mohammad Al Dhabi. Prince Ali Ben Al Hussein was sworn in as Regent.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Courtier

Is there another baby on the way ?

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2518/12049i.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9417/12051i.jpg

Old 06-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey View Post

Let's not get into yet another round of "Is she pregnant or not" just because Princess Rym does not look absolutely rail thin in some outfit. Firstly, it's an insult that because she doesn't look rail thin she must be pregnant. And secondly, the gossip doesn't serve any purpose except to spin everyone in a circular discussion full of speulation.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Let's not get into yet another round of "Is she pregnant or not" just because Princess Rym does not look absolutely rail thin in some outfit. Firstly, it's an insult that because she doesn't look rail thin she must be pregnant. And secondly, the gossip doesn't serve any purpose except to spin everyone in a circular discussion full of speulation.
I didn't mean to insult her in any way, I thought it wud be exciting if she was that's all...
and I am not the type of person who insults those who don't look rail thin (as u called them), not at all, lol,I wud be the last to even criticize them....:p
Old 06-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/11/12049I.htm

Rym looks great in these pictures!

Prince Ali has been named regent while the King, Princess Aisha and Prince Hashem attend the Thai King's birthday.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/12/4000.htm
Old 06-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Courtier

Thanks guys for the pictures. Princess Rym looks wonderful. I think that she has an "algerien dress". Doesn't she?

It was too good to be true...
Closed Thread