The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Nobility

Language skills of the JRF

There's a file uploaded in Iram's club(The Jordan Royal Family Club),it's a video recording of Hashem from the Royal tour,trust me it's worth joining the club and watching

All I can say is WOooooooW&thank you Iram for finding it for us and uploading it :)

Old 12-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
There's a file uploaded in Iram's club(The Jordan Royal Family Club),it's a video recording of Hashem from the Royal tour,trust me it's worth joining the club and watching

All I can say is WOooooooW&thank you Iram for finding it for us and uploading it :)
Thanks to Iram from the Jordan Royal Family Club, also thanks to TROUBLE for the heads up

OMG, that's the very first time I have heard Hashim speak. I am speechless!!! I didn't know that he spoke with such a pronounced "British" Accent. Must be those years at Harrow and Sandhurst..Even King Abdullah spoke like a British gentleman.

Does anyone know if they still speak the same?? Especially in the case of King Abdullah, does he still have that "British" accent or has it gone? (living in Jordan and conversing in Arabic). Obviously, the tape was made before he ascended to the throne.

I would dearly love to hear King Abdullah and Prince Hashim and Prince Hamzah speak in the present time. Does anyone have any other videos of them, speaking English or Arabic?

Old 12-07-2004, 11:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Thanks to Iram from the Jordan Royal Family Club, also thanks to TROUBLE for the heads up

OMG, that's the very first time I have heard Hashim speak. I am speechless!!! I didn't know that he spoke with such a pronounced "British" Accent. Must be those years at Harrow and Sandhurst..Even King Abdullah spoke like a British gentleman.

Does anyone know if they still speak the same?? Especially in the case of King Abdullah, does he still have that "British" accent or has it gone? (living in Jordan and conversing in Arabic). Obviously, the tape was made before he ascended to the throne.

I would dearly love to hear King Abdullah and Prince Hashim and Prince Hamzah speak in the present time. Does anyone have any other videos of them, speaking English or Arabic?
P. Hashim speaks with a British accent? He spent his high school years in the U.S. He must have had a British nanny or something.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:46 AM

You know... I'm no expert but it sounds more like an American accent to me.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:01 AM

The accent is totally English.Every word of it.I know coz we watch a lot of English sitcoms here.
BTW that clip is from 2001 and Abdullah became king in 1999.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:26 AM
Aristocracy

Cool

Quote:

No, the tape was shot back in 2001, it is still aired on discovery Channel- I have tapes, Hamzah's accent is very British- it reminds me of Q Elizabeth ,Hashim was never at Harrow, he never studied in UK, apart from the years at Sandhurst.KA has a British accent, still now, of course, though he uses lots of Americanisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
P. Hashim speaks with a British accent? He spent his high school years in the U.S. He must have had a British nanny or something.
In fact,they ,he and Hamzah, Iman and Raiyah had Mrs. Smith, a British nanny, she gave interviews, when the kids grew up and she got back to UK.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:58 AM
Nobility

The most British accent of the lot is Prince Hassan. You can hear him on the BBC archives. It is amazing. You would think he is British if you did not know. King Hussein had a very Arab accent. I have heard the others and think they sound more American other than Hamzah who sounds like his father, but without such a heavy accent in English. But he does not not sound British.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:

U welcome:)
Yea,This was the first time to hear him talking and boy he sounded so good!
he looked good also,he's such a cutie. I thought he had an Accent,lol,an arabic one? or maybe he sounded tough from the way he spoke(defeshhh)..Has anyone noticed that hamzah and Hash's voices are similar,they both have their later fathers' voice?

Quote:
Thanks so much for the help, Trouble...
It was just taking to long for the video to load, so I thought there was something wrong. But, as you said, it takes a while to load. I let it sit for a while and it worked.

By the way, Prince Hamzah has a very deep voice, is that how he speaks English (if you have heard him) or is it the way Arabic is spoken???
Thanks
No problemo :)

Yea he does have a very deep voice,KH's voice was deep as well,he speaks english like that 2,but it's kinda deeper in Arabic,cuz of the
pronunciation of a few words ....
Old 12-27-2004, 01:56 AM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Thanks so much for the help, Trouble...
It was just taking to long for the video to load, so I thought there was something wrong. But, as you said, it takes a while to load. I let it sit for a while and it worked.

By the way, Prince Hamzah has a very deep voice, is that how he speaks English (if you have heard him) or is it the way Arabic is spoken???
Thanks
he has a very deep voice when he speaks English, I have the tape of KH's memorial at St. Paul's in London, Hamzah and KA, 1 in English, 1 in Arabic. Does any1 know if the bros and sis talk to each other in english or in Arabic, I bet Hamzah, Hashim, Iman and Raiyah talk in English to their mum and to each other, I read that ,when KH was still alive, they used to talk English all the time, so I wonder, how did Hamzah and Hashim learn to speak Arabic, can Iman and Raiyah speak Arabic, too ? they talk to each other in English on the Discovery C. tape.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:35 AM
Aristocracy

Language skills of the JRF

How come Ali's Arabic is not excellent ,it seems odd Hamzah and Hashim speak a better Arabic than Ali, he spent more time in Jordan than them, is Ali's Arabic a street language, like KA's , or a Classical 1, - what about Hayah's Arabic ?
One more question, what kind of accent has Ali when speaking English ? He studied both in UK and in US..... is his English very good or he speaks it like a foreigner, I heard Hamzah, Hashim ,Iman and Raiyah's English, it's obvious English is their first language.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
How come Ali's Arabic is not excellent ,it seems odd Hamzah and Hashim speak a better Arabic than Ali, he spent more time in Jordan than them, is Ali's Arabic a street language, like KA's , or a Classical 1, - what about Hayah's Arabic ? One more question, what kind of accent has Ali when speaking English ? He studied both in UK and in US..... is his English very good or he speaks it like a foreigner, I heard Hamzah, Hashim ,Iman and Raiyah's English, it's obvious English is their first language.
who said that PA arabic is excellent and he speaks street language very well better than us he didnt speak Classical 1 just when its a speach but his language is like our's, like the jordanian young people even his jokes, i didn't hear him speaks English i wish if i can somewhere
Old 01-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
who said that PA arabic is excellent and he speaks street language very well better than us he didnt speak Classical 1 just when its a speach but his language is like our's, like the jordanian young people even his jokes, i didn't hear him speaks English i wish if i can somewhere
That was me!He does have a good arabic but not as excellent as Hashem and Hamzah's.When I heard his speech in KH football league,he didn't has strong proverb,like there's something missing in his arabic.Yet,he's still ahead of Abdullah and way ahead of Faisal! Frankly,I didn't hear Hamzah in classic arabic,in english and Jordanian accent only but I know how good his arabic is.Hashem is the best one in arabic,I heard him reciting Qura'an,this is a challenge that proves how good your arabic is and he was superb,I rank him in the first place.Ali's english is american I think,I heard him once when he went to Kusovo,sounded american.
Suria,don't you feel his accent is a mixture of Jo/Pal one?Abdullah and Faisal have this strong Jordanian accent,Hamzah as well and I never heard Hashim speaking it,Ali comparing to them has a Pal accent more.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorja Fox
That was me!He does have a good arabic but not as excellent as Hashem and Hamzah's.When I heard his speech in KH football league,he didn't has strong proverb,like there's something missing in his arabic.Yet,he's still ahead of Abdullah and way ahead of Faisal! Frankly,I didn't hear Hamzah in classic arabic,in english and Jordanian accent only but I know how good his arabic is.Hashem is the best one in arabic,I heard him reciting Qura'an,this is a challenge that proves how good your arabic is and he was superb,I rank him in the first place.Ali's english is american I think,I heard him once when he went to Kusovo,sounded american.
Suria,don't you feel his accent is a mixture of Jo/Pal one?Abdullah and Faisal have this strong Jordanian accent,Hamzah as well and I never heard Hashim speaking it,Ali comparing to them has a Pal accent more.
well i heard this too he was very good i didn't feel like their is something missing i like him when he speaks on TV he is so simple and yes his accent like Pal mixed with jordanian he use many words like the Pal specially like people of Nablis you can note this very well if you hear him talking he is not like anyone of his brother he is totally different in everything even in his way of talking am glad to feel like he keeps his Pal part so cool:)
Old 01-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
hi, what's a Pal accent ? and what's missing in Ali's Arabic ? Hamzah's English accent is so British... I've got tapes of him talking English, can't understand what kind of accent Hashim has when speaking english, does Hamzah talk Arabic with a strong Jordanian accent ? I'm a bit surprised, he is always so formal....- thanx !

Quote:
I heard him talking English when he went to Turkey soon after the earthquake there, to bring aids from Jordan, I could not really say if his English was American or British.... sometimes, it's not so obvious when some1 is not talking his mother language.

Quote:
well i heard this too he was very good i didn't feel like their is something missing i like him when he speaks on TV he is so simple and yes his accent like Pal mixed with jordanian he use many words like the Pal specially like people of Nablis you can note this very well if you hear him talking he is not like anyone of his brother he is totally different in everything even in his way of talking am glad to feel like he keeps his Pal part so cool:)
:p :)
now I c what u mean, did he take the Pal accent from his mum's relatives ? or from friends ? anyway, he spent many years in UK and US, it looks he saw alot of his mum's family.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
hi, what's a Pal accent ? and what's missing in Ali's Arabic ? Hamzah's English accent is so British... I've got tapes of him talking English, can't understand what kind of accent Hashim has when speaking english, does Hamzah talk Arabic with a strong Jordanian accent ? I'm a bit surprised, he is always so formal....- thanx !
Ali has a palestinian accent because of his mother,he doesn't speak much Jordanian like the rest.His arabic is good for sure yet it's sort off incomplete,there's no professional touch that Hashem and Hamzah have.I have tapes of Hamzah in two occasions,something about the Easter in Jordan and the other is a basketball event,in both he spoke in a Jordanian accent though he could had spoken in classic,had a very stong Jordnaina accent,he is always formal,that was surprising for me for sure.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Serene Highness

His mother died when he was four--how could she have influenced his Arabic?
Old 01-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
His mother died when he was four--how could she have influenced his Arabic?

Actually, his mother died when he was about 13 months old. Honestly, I was thinking the same thing...how would his mother influence his Arabic if she wasn't around to interact with him? I'm sure it was other family members who had an influence on however he speaks...which I have never heard before, but would like to hear sometime.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Gentry

Quote:
You heard that too,am sure you taped it .I always believed that he has a Pal accent,so am right then,don't know about the types of Pal accent,you know better.He's different for sure rather special,he jokes alot which is a thing that ppl don't believe.Once in "Sports magzine" prog.,am sure you watch it every Friday :) ,he was in Austria,they called him and talked about a football match,at the end he said :"Can I get you guys anything from here?/Bedkoum eshy men hoon?"Everyone in the studio laughed,really sweet.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Ali has a palestinian accent because of his mother,he doesn't speak much Jordanian like the rest.His arabic is good for sure yet it's sort off incomplete,there's no professional touch that Hashem and Hamzah have.I have tapes of Hamzah in two occasions,something about the Easter in Jordan and the other is a basketball event,in both he spoke in a Jordanian accent though he could had spoken in classic,had a very stong Jordnaina accent,he is always formal,that was surprising for me for sure.
it's obvious that he learnt Arabic from his mum's relatives, e.g. his granny, uncles etc.

Quote:
maybe Hashim and Hamzah learnt Arabic from private teachers as well as they learnt Classical Arabic, do u think Iman and Raiyah can speak Arabic or at least understand it, i'm sure they can't, I heard them speaking English, their accent was strong American, more than their mum's, which is so strong, too-
Old 01-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
:p :)
now I c what u mean, did he take the Pal accent from his mum's relatives ? or from friends ? anyway, he spent many years in UK and US, it looks he saw alot of his mum's family.
i think so don't forget that he has a grandmother and two uncle's my mother from Nablis when she heard him talking on TV she said he is just like his mother and she noticed his accent he used many PAL words are you arabic if you r u will notice too their is very funny word this is not for a prince for sure he used to say (3'aro o 3'arato) ( غيرو و غيراتو people of Nablis use this word too

Quote:
You heard that too,am sure you taped it .I always believed that he has a Pal accent,so am right then,don't know about the types of Pal accent,you know better.He's different for sure rather special,he jokes alot which is a thing that ppl don't believe.Once in "Sports magzine" prog.,am sure you watch it every Friday :) ,he was in Austria,they called him and talked about a football match,at the end he said :"Can I get you guys anything from here?/Bedkoum eshy men hoon?"Everyone in the studio laughed,really sweet.
yes i did see that this was very funny this was the first call for him on TV
ok once in a game the reporter asked him are you satisfied ? so he said are you satisfied ? the reporter smiled and said yes so he said if you are sure i am satisfied . this was great th reporter didnt know what to say he is great i wish to do more intereviews i missed his words