The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 06:02 AM
Nobility

I don't know what is going on but I can say thar QR hasn't looked anywhere near her usual glossy, well turned out self. Even if her hair was in a simple chignon, it would look a lot more elegant and would hide any growing out highlights/poor condition etc.

This lady has a worldwide reputation for looking great at all times - recently she just looks like any other well to do Arab housewife who got up late and got dressed in a rush.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought people were constantly critical of the fact that she is always perfectly turned out? Now, you don't want her to tone down her look? Interesting.

Thanks for the pictures, Humera.

I totally agree with what you're saying, Maryshawn, my Mum participated in a couple of workshops like this when she spent some time working with children and it really makes all the difference. Some of the kids opened up so much more easily in a group than on a one-to-one basis.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen joins Ministry of Education and Intel in honoring the three millionth teacher to complete training</STRONG>

Pet0799 4 1126 Queen joins Ministry of Education and Intel in honoring the three millionth teacher to complete training Amman/Jan.22(Petra)-- Queen Rania joins Ministry of Education and Intel in honoring the three millionth teacher to complete training through 'Intel Teach to the Future' Highlighting the central role of teachers in introducing creativity and 21st century learning skills into the classroom, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, on Sunday, attended an award ceremony held by Intel Corporation, in recognition of the three millionth teacher, Jordanian Bothayna ElHabahba, to have completed the "Intel Teach to the Future" training program worldwide. Intel Teach to the Future is part of the Intel Innovation in Education Initiative, a sustained commitment - in collaboration with educators and government leaders worldwide - to help today's students develop the higher-level thinking skills they need to participate and succeed in a knowledge-based economy. Established in 2000, the program has since then armed three million teachers across 35 countries, including Arab countries, with strategies to develop digital literacy, creativity, higher-order thinking, communications and collaboration. By incorporating technology and these new teaching models into daily lessons, teachers are making learning exciting, are helping students to reach their potential and are driving digital literacy. ElHabahba was awarded at a ceremony held at the Al Marouj Secondary School for Girls, which was attended by Minister of Education, Khalid Touqan, Minister of Information and Communications Technology, Mr. Omar Al-Kurdi, and Gordon Graylish, Vice President, Sales and Marketing Group, General Manager, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Intel Corporation. "In today's global knowledge society, technology literacy is essential for innovation and economic growth. Through Intel Teach to the Future, teachers like Habahba are embedding technology into the process of learning, thereby improving the skills and competitive readiness of the future workforce," said Graylish. He added: "Such programs are part of Intel's comprehensive, multi-year "Digital Transformation Initiative for the Middle East" and underscore our long-term commitment to promote technology skills, knowledge transfer and economic development in the region" "Applying the knowledge I gained from the Intel Teach to the Future training has transformed my lessons. My students are eager and excited to use the computers, and lessons are more interesting and participative. The new way of teaching has also revealed previously hidden skills, such as designing and group working, in many of the pupils," said Habahba. Prior to the ceremony, Her Majesty met a number of teachers who have completed the program and was briefed on the program's skills and methods of implementation. Queen Rania has long been an avid supporter of integrating information technology into the classroom, stressing that enhancing teachers' skills is vital to motivating students to learn and engage in creative and critical thinking, a criterion upon which the Queen Rania Distinguished Teacher Award, launched last year by His Majesty King Abdullah, was based. Established in Jordan in 2003, the first Middle Eastern country to implement it, in partnership with the Ministry of Education, the program has thus far trained more than 25 thousand public school teachers, the largest public-private initiative ever launched between the Jordanian government and any corporation to date. Intel, the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Earlier on Sunday, Queen Rania also visited the Shafa Badran Charity Society, where she met members of the local community and listened to their concerns and needs. The Society was established in 1991 with the aim of empowering young women to enable them to develop small and income-generating projects. The society offers a number of services, including sewing and embroidery training, support of underprivileged families, illiteracy classes in cooperation with the University of Jordan, computer training for older people, and lectures and awareness programs. Queen Rania had previously visited the organization in 2003, where she launched a vocational training center with the Ministry of Labour. Wardat/Petra 221925 Local JAN 2006 

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/22/30140700.htm
Old 02-22-2006, 07:05 AM
Heir Apparent

King Receives Qatari First Deputy of Prime Minister</STRONG>
Pet0718 4 0317 King Receives Qatari First Deputy of Prime Minister Amman, Feb. 21 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II received on Tuesday Qatari Foreign Minister, the First Deputy Prime Minister, Sheikh Hamad Bin Jasem Bin Jaber Al Thani, who delivered greetings of His Highness Emir of Qatar Hamad Bin Khlaifa Al Thani to His Majesty King Abdullah II. During the meeting, attended by Foreign Minister Abdul Elah Al Khatib, the Director of the General Intelligence and the Qatari Ambassador to Amman, the two sides affirmed the importance of enhancing relations between the two countries and developing the bilateral cooperation in the various fields. King Abdullah praised the distinguished level of relations that Jordan and Qatar are enjoying. For his part, Sheikh Hamad Bin Jasem expressed keenness of Emir of Qatar to heighten the bilateral relations in all domains for the interest of both peoples. He also expressed the keenness to present the needed facilities for the Jordanian workers and qualifications to work in Qatar to push the Qatari economy forward. Talks touched to the latest political developments in Iraq and Palestine and means of strengthening the joint Arab work. //Petra// Ashkar 211711 Local FEB 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/21/30856000.htm
Old 02-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I thought people were constantly critical of the fact that she is always perfectly turned out? Now, you don't want her to tone down her look? Interesting.

Thanks for the pictures, Humera.

I totally agree with what you're saying, Maryshawn, my Mum participated in a couple of workshops like this when she spent some time working with children and it really makes all the difference. Some of the kids opened up so much more easily in a group than on a one-to-one basis.
There is a difference between an outfit being well put together (after all, one doesn't neccessarily have to be rich to be stylish) and looking like this especially on a state visit to Bahrain. I think the issue most people have with Rania is the rampant spending that everyone talks about. With all the clothes she has, it shouldn't have been too hard to choose outfits that at least look good from the stock she already has.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Nobility

Tone it down by all means - that would be great but there is no excuse for looking like this - at least choose colours that co-ordinate.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Where don't her colours co-ordinate? Moreover the trip to Bahrain was not a state visit.

And I'd love to see evidence of the rampant spending? All the outfits she's worn in recent months have been items previously worn as can be seen in the relevant thread. I imagine like most women in her position she gets her clothes for free. It's what most designers do.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:15 AM
Nobility

Thumbs down

Quote:
Where don't her colours co-ordinate? Moreover the trip to Bahrain was not a state visit.

And I'd love to see evidence of the rampant spending? All the outfits she's worn in recent months have been items previously worn as can be seen in the relevant thread. I imagine like most women in her position she gets her clothes for free. It's what most designers do.
Beige and grey
Old 02-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

What's wrong with beige and grey? It looks very smart together, pink and red I could understand.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I have scoured the Fall 2005 collections several times over and beige, gray, brown, and blue are the most dominant colours in all the collections this fall. Various check patterns are in almost every collection, on jackets and trousers and skirts, so are gray trousers.
Queen Rania's recent style is a reflection of what's happening in fashion lately. There's a lot of mixing of different textures, patterns, and colours, a more laid-back approach, so to speak. The look isnt very contrived.
Im sure Rania finds it easier for less formal events. She's, after all, a very hands-on mother of 4, even with all the help of someone in her position. Her schedule is still planned around her kids' activities.
What i've noticed recently is that she's been looking somewhat tired.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I have scoured the Fall 2005 collections several times over and beige, gray, brown, and blue are the most dominant colours in all the collections this fall. Various check patterns are in almost every collection, on jackets and trousers and skirts, so are gray trousers.
Queen Rania's recent style is a reflection of what's happening in fashion lately. There's a lot of mixing of different textures, patterns, and colours, a more laid-back approach, so to speak. The look isnt very contrived.
Im sure Rania finds it easier for less formal events. She's, after all, a very hands-on mother of 4, even with all the help of someone in her position. Her schedule is still planned around her kids' activities.
i agree with you
Old 02-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Aristocracy

I agree that Queen Rania has been looking tired. Maybe she has much on her plate lately. I also notice the way she has been dressing. I like some of it, but not all. Maybe she is tired ,she doesn't feel like dressing up and maybe we expect that from her. Maybe she just wants to dress comfortable, normal and relax. Maybe the style reflex that or maybe i am just not into fashion and have no idea whats in fashion these days..I wear an airline uniform all the time.....Boring for me.....
Old 02-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Courtier

Yes she looks tired and I can understand why , she works very hard compering with any other Queen .
Old 02-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
it is known S/S 2006.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Serene Highness

Actually, years ago, QN wore a similar style, same colors and all--only with the headbands she seemed to favor. I thought they looked understated but nice.

I did have to smile when you said "pink and red" because I thought the same thing but then Diana somehow managed to pull that color combo off years ago with a Catherine Walker outfit. And it actually looked good! But, generally speaking, you are right; not the best!:)

Quote:
What's wrong with beige and grey? It looks very smart together, pink and red I could understand.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ
it is known S/S 2006.
actually no, it is still fall 2005. Notice the scarves, coats, cardigans Queen Rania's wearing.
If you're talking catwalk collections/fashion season, it is Fall 2006. The designers showed their S/S 2006 collections months ago.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
actually no, it is still fall 2005. Notice the scarves, coats, cardigans Queen Rania's wearing.
If you're talking catwalk collections/fashion season, it is Fall 2006. The designers showed their S/S 2006 collections months ago.
ohhhhhh,,,,,, forgive me, i did not know queen rania was the one who decided when fall/winter ended and spring/summer started. The catwalk fashions for spring/summer were out months ago, but since the end of january, beggining of february, the new collections have been out.

to be a bondafide fashionesta, she should know that keeping with the weather requirments is first and foremost, but incorporating it into the new seasons, colours and trends is key...... not regurgetating the same colours, trends and styles from last year.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ
ohhhhhh,,,,,, forgive me, i did not know queen rania was the one who decided when fall/winter ended and spring/summer started. The catwalk fashions for spring/summer were out months ago, but since the end of january, beggining of february, the new collections have been out.

to be a bondafide fashionesta, she should know that keeping with the weather requirments is first and foremost, but incorporating it into the new seasons, colours and trends is key...... not regurgetating the same colours, trends and styles from last year.
I dont even know how to explain this one and there's no need for the sarcasm.
People in real life dont wear their clothes in accordance with when one fashion season ends, and one begins. Rania, and thousands of other women, are wearing clothes from the Fall-winter 2005 collections for the simple reason that we're still in winter, it is still February, ie. very COLD.
Fall-winter 2005 lasts from late 2005 to early 2006. This whole system might be odd for people who live in countries that dont experience this seasional pattern. But since all the top designers are based in Europe/North America, that's how they show their collections. They might show spring collections in January but no one is going to wear any of that yet because its usually freezing and snowing outside (Petra had pictures of snow in Amman several weeks ago). The designers are always one season ahead.
We wont see Spring 2006 clothing on Rania for atleast another month when spring actually begins. Its obviously quite cold in Jordan if she's wearing warm coats and scarves.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Nobility

If you thought that ZZZ was being sarcastic, then perhaps you should look at how patronizing your response is. Especially about it is February i.e. very COLD
Old 02-23-2006, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

It is not patronizing. I tried my best to explain the concept in the simplest of terms. February isn't cold for everyone.
And lizz, in the future if you have a problem with any of my posts, you can send me a PM. Im getting a little tired of your continuous attempts to direct potshots at my replies. I have ignored this behaviour previously because I dont like getting personal.