King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family: Current News & Photos XIII

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
I have scoured the Fall 2005 collections several times over and beige, gray, brown, and blue are the most dominant colours in all the collections this fall. Various check patterns are in almost every collection, on jackets and trousers and skirts, so are gray trousers.
Queen Rania's recent style is a reflection of what's happening in fashion lately. There's a lot of mixing of different textures, patterns, and colours, a more laid-back approach, so to speak. The look isnt very contrived.
Im sure Rania finds it easier for less formal events. She's, after all, a very hands-on mother of 4, even with all the help of someone in her position. Her schedule is still planned around her kids' activities.
What i've noticed recently is that she's been looking somewhat tired.

i agree with you

I agree that Queen Rania has been looking tired. Maybe she has much on her plate lately. I also notice the way she has been dressing. I like some of it, but not all. Maybe she is tired ,she doesn't feel like dressing up and maybe we expect that from her. Maybe she just wants to dress comfortable, normal and relax. Maybe the style reflex that or maybe i am just not into fashion and have no idea whats in fashion these days..I wear an airline uniform all the time.....Boring for me.....

Yes she looks tired and I can understand why , she works very hard compering with any other Queen .

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I have scoured the Fall 2005 collections several times over and beige, gray, brown, and blue are the most dominant colours in all the collections this fall. Various check patterns are in almost every collection, on jackets and trousers and skirts, so are gray trousers.
Queen Rania's recent style is a reflection of what's happening in fashion lately. There's a lot of mixing of different textures, patterns, and colours, a more laid-back approach, so to speak. The look isnt very contrived.
Im sure Rania finds it easier for less formal events. She's, after all, a very hands-on mother of 4, even with all the help of someone in her position. Her schedule is still planned around her kids' activities.
What i've noticed recently is that she's been looking somewhat tired.

it is known S/S 2006.

Actually, years ago, QN wore a similar style, same colors and all--only with the headbands she seemed to favor. I thought they looked understated but nice.

I did have to smile when you said "pink and red" because I thought the same thing but then Diana somehow managed to pull that color combo off years ago with a Catherine Walker outfit. And it actually looked good! But, generally speaking, you are right; not the best!:)

Little_star said:
What's wrong with beige and grey? It looks very smart together, pink and red I could understand.

ZZZ said:
it is known S/S 2006.

actually no, it is still fall 2005. Notice the scarves, coats, cardigans Queen Rania's wearing.
If you're talking catwalk collections/fashion season, it is Fall 2006. The designers showed their S/S 2006 collections months ago.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
actually no, it is still fall 2005. Notice the scarves, coats, cardigans Queen Rania's wearing.
If you're talking catwalk collections/fashion season, it is Fall 2006. The designers showed their S/S 2006 collections months ago.

ohhhhhh,,,,,, forgive me, i did not know queen rania was the one who decided when fall/winter ended and spring/summer started. The catwalk fashions for spring/summer were out months ago, but since the end of january, beggining of february, the new collections have been out.

to be a bondafide fashionesta, she should know that keeping with the weather requirments is first and foremost, but incorporating it into the new seasons, colours and trends is key...... not regurgetating the same colours, trends and styles from last year.

ZZZ said:
ohhhhhh,,,,,, forgive me, i did not know queen rania was the one who decided when fall/winter ended and spring/summer started. The catwalk fashions for spring/summer were out months ago, but since the end of january, beggining of february, the new collections have been out.

to be a bondafide fashionesta, she should know that keeping with the weather requirments is first and foremost, but incorporating it into the new seasons, colours and trends is key...... not regurgetating the same colours, trends and styles from last year.

I dont even know how to explain this one and there's no need for the sarcasm.
People in real life dont wear their clothes in accordance with when one fashion season ends, and one begins. Rania, and thousands of other women, are wearing clothes from the Fall-winter 2005 collections for the simple reason that we're still in winter, it is still February, ie. very COLD.
Fall-winter 2005 lasts from late 2005 to early 2006. This whole system might be odd for people who live in countries that dont experience this seasional pattern. But since all the top designers are based in Europe/North America, that's how they show their collections. They might show spring collections in January but no one is going to wear any of that yet because its usually freezing and snowing outside (Petra had pictures of snow in Amman several weeks ago). The designers are always one season ahead.
We wont see Spring 2006 clothing on Rania for atleast another month when spring actually begins. Its obviously quite cold in Jordan if she's wearing warm coats and scarves.

Last edited:
If you thought that ZZZ was being sarcastic, then perhaps you should look at how patronizing your response is. Especially about it is February i.e. very COLD

It is not patronizing. I tried my best to explain the concept in the simplest of terms. February isn't cold for everyone.
And lizz, in the future if you have a problem with any of my posts, you can send me a PM. Im getting a little tired of your continuous attempts to direct potshots at my replies. I have ignored this behaviour previously because I dont like getting personal.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I dont even know how to explain this one and there's no need for the sarcasm.
People in real life dont wear their clothes in accordance with when one fashion season ends, and one begins. Rania, and thousands of other women, are wearing clothes from the Fall-winter 2005 collections for the simple reason that we're still in winter, it is still February, ie. very COLD.
Fall-winter 2005 lasts from late 2005 to early 2006. This whole system might be odd for people who live in countries that dont experience this seasional pattern. But since all the top designers are based in Europe/North America, that's how they show their collections. They might show spring collections in January but no one is going to wear any of that yet because its usually freezing and snowing outside (Petra had pictures of snow in Amman several weeks ago). The designers are always one season ahead.
We wont see Spring 2006 clothing on Rania for atleast another month when spring actually begins. Its obviously quite cold in Jordan if she's wearing warm coats and scarves.

spring/summer 2006 is shown earlt november at the latest...... as for it being cold, it is not cold in bahrain - no lower than 21'c. it might be snowing in some places in jordan, but that has nothing to do with the way she dress's in old trends - i.e. the colour of her clothing. also, she was wearing a leather decoratice scarf when the irish president visited jordan - not a cashmere or wool scarf. alos, she was wearing a short skirt, signifying good weather. also, the irish president was wearing spring colours, again in a short skirt.

as for rania wearing clothes in real life, that is a joke, she wears the latest trends, just off the runway.... her recent bouts of public outings have resulted in a dishevled look, in every aspect of her looks, her hair is always messy (not the usual nice haird do's), her make up has become large circles of orange blush and her clothes are a riot of colours and trends.

i was not beinf sarcastic in a way.

ZZZ said:
spring/summer 2006 is shown earlt november at the latest......

yes but not worn until march 2006 at the earliest.
Im not going to argue this simple concept just for the sake of it.

King receives invitation from Sudanese President to Arab Summit</STRONG>
Pet1017 4 0358 King receives invitation from Sudanese President to Arab Summit Amman, Feb.22(Petra)-- His majesty King Abdullah II on Wednesday received Sudanese President's Advisor and Arab League Envoy to Iraq, who handed over an official invitation from Sudanese President Omar Al Basher to His majesty King Abdullah to attend the 18th Arab Summit scheduled at the end of next month in Khartoum. King Abdullah, during the meeting attended by Foreign Minster Abdul Ilah Khatib and Sudanese Ambassador, underscored the necessity of exerting utmost efforts to succeed the Summit, which is held in difficult circumstances the Arab nation is passing through, particularly the situation in Iraq and Palestine. King Abdullah noted the importance of the participation of all Arab leaders and their effective contribution to reach resolutions boosting the Arab joint action and meeting the aspiration of the Arab people . For his part Ismail expressed appreciations and thanks for His Majesty's efforts seeking to consolidate the Arab solidarity in encountering various challenges. Ismail has outlined the King on the situation in Iraq, referring that the Arab League preparing for a meeting that will group all Iraq prominent leaders in June to enhance Iraq unity and security. The increase of violence cycle in Iraq should catalyze summiteers to boost understanding and joint action, king Abdullah noted. Wardat/Petra 221934 Local FEB 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/22/30932800.htm

King Abdullah condemns the explosions in Samerra</STRONG>
Pet0341 4 0229 King Abdullah condemns the explosions in Samerra Amman, Feb. 22 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II on Wednesday strongly condemned the explosion that targeted Imam Ali El-Hadi tomb, which took place earlier today in Samerra. The vicious attack on Imam Ali El-Hadi tomb has irritated us , and formed a serious insult to all Moslems of all sects , His Majesty said in a cable sent to Iraqi President Jalal Talbani . His Majesty stressed the importance to sustain and protect such religious places and other worshipping places . The King expressed his strong condemnation to this criminal act, carried out by those who target sectarian sedition among Iraqis. His Majesty pointed out that such an act is to dissipate the efforts exerted to cement national unity and build the state. His Majesty renewed Jordan's supportive stand to the Iraqi people. Petra 221352 Local FEB 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/22/30897500.htm

An Israeli general has apologised to Jordanian King Abdullah for saying he might be the last of the Hashemite dynasty to rule Jordan.
Jordan insisted Maj Gen Yair Naveh be reprimanded after he said the king risked being toppled by an "Islamist axis" stretching from Iran to Gaza. The Israeli government has distanced itself from Gen Naveh's comments.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4743244.stm
I can think of other countries that need to worry about that more, Saudi Arabia being the first.

Little_star said:
An Israeli general has apologised to Jordanian King Abdullah for saying he might be the last of the Hashemite dynasty to rule Jordan.
Jordan insisted Maj Gen Yair Naveh be reprimanded after he said the king risked being toppled by an "Islamist axis" stretching from Iran to Gaza. The Israeli government has distanced itself from Gen Naveh's comments.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4743244.stm
I can think of other countries that need to worry about that more, Saudi Arabia being the first.

well its not like this guy even needs to remind the King of the dangers of extremists, not when KA has received threats from the likes of Zarqawi.

ZZZ said:

Let me fet this straight, you dislike Rania for being interested in fashion ( something most women show an interest in) so when she does repeat her clothing you have nothing but criticism? I don't quite understand your position.
what is it exactly you would like her to do?

Little_star said:
Let me fet this straight, you dislike Rania for being interested in fashion ( something most women show an interest in) so when she does repeat her clothing you have nothing but criticism? I don't quite understand your position.
what is it exactly you would like her to do?

no.... you got it wrong. all i said was she looked messy and unkept. she use to better, clothes, hair and makeup wise. it has nothing to do with repeating her clothing. it has to do with the way she has been looking latley.

what i would like her to do is irreleveant, it is up to her.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull

Naveh reprimanded for Jordanian doomsday remarks

By YAAKOV KATZ AND KHALED ABU TOAMEH

Israel washed its hands clean on Thursday of OC Central Command Maj.-Gen. Yair Naveh's warning a day earlier that King Abdullah risked being toppled by an "Islamist axis" and could be the last king of Jordan.

IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Dan Halutz reprimanded Naveh during a meeting of the General Staff at the Kirya military headquarters in Tel Aviv Thursday and called on all military officers, especially those in senior positions, to demonstrate caution and sensitivity when speaking in public. Halutz was also referring to his deputy Maj.-Gen. Moshe Kaplinsky, who said on Wednesday that Israel had discerned the first signs of instability within Hosni Mubarak's powerful regime in Egypt.

"A careless remark could be misinterpreted and taken out of its context," Halutz warned his senior staff. "It could turn into something that could drag the IDF into an unnecessary public debate and misrepresent policies and positions of Israel and the IDF."

Speaking Wednesday at a closed-door briefing with diplomats and foreign journalists at the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, Naveh warned of the Hamas's rise to power and the possibility that an "axis of evil" beginning in Iran could negatively affect the Jordanian regime.

"Hamas is gathering strength and a dangerous axis starting in Iran and continuing through Iraq and Jordan is in the process of formation," Naveh said. "I don't want to be a prophet but I am not sure there will be another king after King Abdullah."

Jordanian diplomats who were present at the meeting reacted strongly and Wednesday night threatened to cut back ties with Israel if Naveh was not disciplined. On Thursday, however, the Jordanian charge d'affairs in Israel, Omar Nazif, backed down from threats he issued a day earlier and told The Jerusalem Post he believed the Hashemite kingdom had accepted the various Israeli clarifications.

King Abdullah, Jordanian security officials said Thursday, was "furious" over Naveh's remarks. "His Majesty is very angry," the officials told the Post. "He believes that Naveh's remarks reflect official government thinking in Israel."

The officials pointed out that Jordan and Israel have had "excellent" security relations over the past years and that the two sides have been cooperating in the war against terror.

"It's not clear to us why Naveh made these remarks, especially when you take into consideration the excellent relations we have in all fields," the officials said. "These remarks could create a lot of problems for Jordan."

Acting Prime Minster Ehud Olmert spoke briefly Thursday with King Abdullah and, according to sources in the Prime Minister's Office, clarified that Naveh's comments did not reflect Israeli policy.

The sources said the conversation was "pleasant," and that the two men agreed to meet after the Israeli elections. The sources said the conversation was arranged by Israeli and Jordanian defense officials who are in close contact.

Jordan's news agency Petra had a different spin on the telephone call , saying that Olmert apologized and "expressed condemnation" over Naveh's statements.

The Petra report said Olmert "expressed appreciation over the efforts exerted by His Majesty King Abdullah to restore peace and stability to the region."

Israeli security officials also dismissed on Thursday Naveh's remarks as an "unfortunate mistake." Israel, they said, had an "excellent" relationship with Jordan, especially when it came to security coordination. Both countries, officials explained, were facing similar threats from the growing presence of global Jihad and al-Qaida in Jordan and the radical group's attempts to gain influence among local Palestinian terror organizations in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
It is not patronizing. I tried my best to explain the concept in the simplest of terms. February isn't cold for everyone.
And lizz, in the future if you have a problem with any of my posts, you can send me a PM. Im getting a little tired of your continuous attempts to direct potshots at my replies. I have ignored this behaviour previously because I dont like getting personal.

I also do not like getting personal Humera but we are all entitled to express views that don't neccessarily correspond with yours. I made the comment just to prove a point which is that you are accusing others of behaviour and in the next breath indulging in it yourself.

Please do PM me if you have a problem.

ZZZ was expressing an opinion which was met with a rapid attempt to quash it. As ZZZ is from the Middle East, I find his/her viewpoints interesting with regard to Arab royalty -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom