King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family: Current News & Photos XIII

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lil Monkey said:
umm,is he 15 or 11??lol
LOL smtimes Bush says stuff w/out realizing what he says,so maybe the whole CP thing was one of Bush's mistakes,eehm,lol

he's 11.
Born in June 1994.
And yes, Bush making a mistake has crossed my mind too ;)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
exactly.
It could be Prince Ali.
Queen Rania herself seems to have a reluctance at having her son declared CP so young. So the King and Queen might have an interim CP in mind. But then why get rid of Hamzah as CP in the first place and not have him assume the position for a little longer?

this is what I am dying to know! Y get rid of Hamzah now if they dun want to appoint their own son...I dun think Hamzah has done anything wrong to be punished for! (or maybe awarded,maybe him not being the CP is for his own benefit,we never know)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
he's 11.
Born in June 1994.
And yes, Bush making a mistake has crossed my mind too ;)
LOL yea , it's the first thing that crossed my mind,ehhm

btw lil Monkey, that article you posted in the picture thread, was it from a Jordanian newsaper/website?
I wonder how they found out about this announcement. I haven't seen it in any other news sources.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
thats what Im thinking.
But it wouldn't make sense for KA to replace one brother as CP with another.
The fact that QR gave birth to Prince Hashem last year seemed to make it almost certain in many people's eyes that Hussein would be CP.
If it is Prince Ali then obviously he'd have to give up the title in the future. It doesnt make sense.

it wouldnt make sense because the next in the line of the brothers would be prince faisal.
i always thought i can understand it - because he wants his own son to become the crown prince - or because theres trouble between the siblings because prince hamzeh isnt the next in line.
but to make prince ali then the crown prince is i dunno.whats up with prince faisal?
he seems to do a very good job as prince in jordan.why favour a younger brother the same like king hussein did.:confused:

lil Monkey said:
Yea I agree with you,why would he appoint Ali now and then 3 years later make Hussein the CP..I dunno,it just doesn't make sense,will Rania let that happen? but again U never know how they think,they have smthing on their minds,let's just wait and see,I am expecting smthing ubnormal to happen.
Even Hashim's marriage to a Saudi and him being so religious doesn't reallly make sense to me,but I guess we will find out sooner or later.
Only time will reveal everything,lol

ya that with hashim i find very interesting too.but i cannot imagine that he makes phashim the next crown prince.but i thought about it more than one time.but its impossible.that wouldnt make sense too lol

okay - let's say abdullah did introduce the crown prince - whoever it is - to bush.

this is my question: why does the president of the us know about jordan's crown prince before the jordanians? ...the state of the middle east is unfortunately in shambles.

madonna23 said:
okay - let's say abdullah did introduce the crown prince - whoever it is - to bush.

this is my question: why does the president of the us know about jordan's crown prince before the jordanians? ...the state of the middle east is unfortunately in shambles.

unbelievable!

lets wait - and then - when it is ali - ask king abdallah.it would be really hard to understand.

madonna23 said:

IMO,if there's a mistake,it's only that Bush talked about before Jordan makes an official annoucement,so I am not surprised that Mr Bush knows it before jordanians themselves.

Before,Hamzah's removal as a crown prince,there have been rumors that Bush and it stuff didn't like the fact that he was the crown prince as he has some progressive an nationalist opinions,that the USA's actual power don't like,and as the US has a great deal with aids to Jordan...,the time showed that the rumors wern't only rumors,and just after KA's visit to USA,he removed the title from his brother.

madonna23 said:

LOL I dunno,I am hoping Bush made a mistake... I am trying to look at the biright side,NOT because I favour one person to be the CP over the other,but it just makes us feel better that the P.Bush didn't really know our CP before we did!

Monalisa said:
IMO,if there's a mistake,it's only that Bush talked about before Jordan makes an official annoucement,so I am not surprised that Mr Bush knows it before jordanians themselves.

Before,Hamzah's removal as a crown prince,there have been rumors that Bush and it stuff didn't like the fact that he was the crown prince as he has some progressive an nationalist opinions,that the USA's actual power don't like,and as the US has a great deal with aids to Jordan...,the time showed that the rumors wern't only rumors,and just after KA's visit to USA,he removed the title from his brother.

Is that right?! So the US wasn't happy with Hamzah? I thought they wanted Hamzah to be the CP back when KH was ill?
Man!Politics gives me a headache:eek:

~*~Humera~*~ said:
btw lil Monkey, that article you posted in the picture thread, was it from a Jordanian newsaper/website?
I wonder how they found out about this announcement. I haven't seen it in any other news sources.

It was from www.elaph.com but this article was published on Jan.31st,I only knew yesterday about it from a Jordanian friend,it looks like Jordanians in the US are more keen to know Jordan's news than Jordanians in Jordan,lol.

this week spanish hola magazine publizises an interview to rania with new photos of her and her family. however, i have been told that it was already in one of people's magazine previous issues. can anyone remind me which interview it was?

i just found the whole interview by oprah to queen rania, taken from oprah.com
enjoy!

http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/tows_past_20011005_d.jhtml

Queen Rania of Jordan

tows_20011005_jordan.jpg
Bordering on Israel and Saudi Arabia, Jordan is a key U.S. ally in the Middle East. Virtually all of Jordan's residents are Muslim.

tows_20011005_queen.jpg
Their 31 year old Queen Rania says now more than ever it is important to clarify misconceptions about her religion, Islam and Muslim women.

Oprah: You were recently here in New York, and as I understand it, you went to Ground Zero with Mayor Giuliani. What was that like?

Queen Rania: I think for the past couple of weeks we've all been struggling with what happened on September 11, trying to understand it, trying to make sense of it. We've all been glued to our televisions trying to comprehend what happened. It really made a difference to me when I was actually there, when I went to Washington and New York, and visited some of the family centers.

I had the opportunity to speak to some of the families of the victims, some of the children who have been orphaned and some of the workers who had been working day in and day out. I began to really understand and appreciate the enormity of the tragedy, and the extent of it, and just how many people were affected by it. It was very, very difficult for me, but I was very inspired by the resolve and the strength of the people that I saw.

Oprah: I've heard you say that as we attempt to fight this war against terrorism, whether it is militarily, diplomatically, through other resources, that this is an opportunity for the United States to perhaps reach out to other disenfranchised countries. Is that true?

Queen Rania: Absolutely. I think that this is a new chapter in human dialogue between the United States and the rest of the world and between countries all over the world. For the first time in history, we all have a combined objective. We all have this common enemy, terrorism. We all need to draw our resources together and fight the common war, each [country] in its own area of expertise, whether it's through intelligence, militarily or economically. It's very important that we all come together on this issue and really fight this war together.

Oprah: When this first happened on September 11, I think it came as a shock to so many of us that other people in the world hated us so much. Can you help explain that to us?

Queen Rania: I think it's very important that you realize that for the majority of Muslims, they do not hate Americans. They do not hate the American way of life. In fact, many countries look at the American model as one that needs to be replicated, one that they aspire to achieve.

We are talking about a minority of people who feel that they have been unjustly treated by the United States. Some of them feel that U.S. foreign policy might have been partial and not completely fair to all parties involved, and they wanted their voice to be heard. Unfortunately, the means that they have used are ones that are condemned all over the Arab world.

We do not approve of these terrorist acts or any gruesome activities like the ones we saw on September 11. The American people have to realize that the whole world is with them, they feel with them. They are not hated by the rest of the world. Some people feel unfairly treated, but I think that dialogue is the way to understand each other and to reach out to each other.

Oprah: What we're trying to do on this show today is to bring about an understanding of what it's like to be Muslim in the world, and what is Islam. I think there's a lot of confusion. You're very westernized, and then we see women wearing the hoods, the burqas and the hijabs. What makes one acceptable, and the other not? Are you accepted in your country not wearing the scarves? What does the scarf represent?

Queen Rania: I'd really like to commend you for having Islam as the subject of your show. I think this is the right time to reach out and have this open, ongoing dialogue about different religions.

[Just] like in Christianity, there are different interpretations of Islam, and there are different degrees of conservatism. It's a personal choice. Some people are more conservative than others. The important thing is the spirit of Islam. That is all about tolerance, about doing good, diversity, quality, and human dignity.

The fact that Islam is very tolerant means that it doesn't impose anything on other people. You are supposed to behave in a certain way, or dress in a certain way out of conviction, not because somebody imposes their own ideology on you. I believe one's relationship with God, and how one chooses to practice religion, is an intensely personal choice.

Oprah: So you as an individual choose whether or not you want to be robed or not robed, or wear your head covered or not? That's not imposed upon you by your religion?

Queen Rania: In our country, that is what we believe. We give women the choice to wear the headscarf or not. It's a personal choice. As I said, it is not the state that is supposed to impose on individuals what they believe in. That is their own personal choice.

Oprah: Are you a practicing Muslim?

Queen Rania: Yes, very much so. Muslims are required to pray five times a day. We fast the holy month of Ramadan, which is, I guess, equivalent to Lent in Christianity. We are meant to give to charity. Once in our lifetime, we have to make a pilgrimage to the holy site of Mecca. These are the basic principles and practices of Islam. But more importantly, Islam is about spiritual fulfillment, about morals, about trying to purify your soul. That is something that has to be very much emphasized.

part two of the interview:

Oprah: What is life like for Muslim women in Jordan? I think we all have a misinterpretation that the women wearing the robes are dominated by men, that the women don't have a voice of their own. Is any part of that true?

Queen Rania: In Jordan, women lead a very free life. We find the level of education for men and women in Jordan is equal. We have women who participate in the business sector, in government, in the armed forces, in the police force, women judges. They're very much free to choose what kind of life they want to lead. The lives that they lead here are very similar to those that you see in other countries in the world.

That is not to say that they don't have challenges, but I think that the challenges that women face in Jordan are very similar to those that you see in other countries in the world, particularly developing countries. The obstacles that they face are more social or cultural hindrances. Women in our part of the world have to be encouraged to be more confident, to voice their concerns, to fight for their legal rights, and to do what the women in the States and in Europe did: try to gain their rights by voicing their concerns and fighting for them.

Oprah: One of the things that we have been horrified by in the U.S., and I've actually done several shows about here, are honor killings. I know you have campaigned against honor killings, the Jordanian parliament however, as I understand it, has rejected laws that would treat those crimes as seriously as other homicides. Where does that stand now?

Queen Rania: It's very important for me to clarify that honor kilings are not in any way condoned or accepted in Islam. They are, in fact, un-Islamic. These are more cultural and social aspects that we have to deal with here.

What we're looking to do here in Jordan, and our voices have been heard and many people have been rallying, is to try to explain the whole issue of honor killings, and to try to explain where Islam stands [on] this issue. Once we have this open dialogue and we reach to the grassroots where people can understand this issue, we are hoping through democratic process to change these laws that we have in Jordan.

The problem was the fact that people didn't understand what honor killings were and how often they were happening and all the dimensions of the issue. We need more public awareness about the issue and that's what we're doing right now. It's only a matter of time before these laws that you're referring to are going to be changed.

Oprah: Newsweek magazine reported that there are some Muslim fundamentalists that see you as a threat. They've said, 'She is attacking our ancient values, tearing at our social fabrics as a member of our moderate Muslim brotherhood.' How do you respond to that?

Queen Rania: You find fundamentalists and extremism in every religion and these are the people on the fringes. They are expressing their own point of view, a personal point of view. I believe in what I am doing. It's my personal choice. I feel that people of my country accept me the way that I am, and I hope the rest of the world will see it that way. I cannot really answer to these kinds of things because everybody is entitled to his own opinion.

Oprah: Do you feel that you represent a large portion of the Arab world in terms of women being progressive, forward-looking, being smart, thinking for themselves?

Queen Rania: There is a large portion of women who are like that. As I said earlier, I think that the challenges that women face in our part of the world are more related to some social and cultural constraints. These are the issues that we need to deal with. Religion provides equality for women. Islam views women as full and equal partners to men, so [women's] rights are guaranteed by Islam. It's up to us to try to make use of these rights, to try to voice our concerns and make sure that we achieve our full rights.

Oprah: So anything that we see that doesn't represent what you're saying is a distortion of Islam, correct?

Queen Rania: Absolutely. I think that is what extremism is. Extremists are on the fringes of religion. By nature, Islam and the Qur'an, which is the holy book in our religion, came to apply to humankind at any point in history, which means it is open to interpretation. I feel that a lot of these extremists have taken this as a way to justify and to twist the facts in Islam to justify their own actions and their own beliefs, and in many cases to fulfill their own political agendas.

Oprah: I thank you so much for being here to clarify and to bring about a greater understanding of what Islam means and what it's like to be a Muslim woman. Thank you so much, your majesty.

Queen Rania: Not at all. Thank you, Oprah.

lil Monkey said:
LOL I dunno,I am hoping Bush made a mistake... I am trying to look at the biright side,NOT because I favour one person to be the CP over the other,but it just makes us feel better that the P.Bush didn't really know our CP before we did!

This would really be unbelievable and unacceptable if Bush has been told something......:(

Thank you for the interview carlota.

I'm with madonna23, I think it was just another of Bush's many gaffes.

King Returns Home</STRONG>
Pet0260 4 0910 King Returns Home Amman, Feb. 9 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II returned to Amman on Thursday following a working visit to the United States. His Majesty visit was aimed at strengthening Jordanian-US ties with a view support the Jordanian economy and improve standards of living of Jordanians. The King also did his utmost on many occasions to defend Islam and present its genuine image to US citizens. The King delivered a speech before 3,000 intellectuals and politicians including a group of US Congress leaderships in which he touched on the three monotheistic religions including Islam, which calls for peace, justice and tolerance. In his speech in Washington as well as the at Mississippi University, His Majesty affirmed that his determination to promote the right understanding of Islam and fighting terrorism stem from the march of the Hashemites and method of His Majesty the late King Hussein in rejecting violence and adopting dialogue. The King explained in his two speeches, the initiative of the Amman Message, which was launched more than a year ago to reaffirm concept of moderate Islam and isolate extremism. His Majesty affirmed on all these occasions that moderation, tolerance and respect should not be restricted to Muslims only, but should include moderates in all places. US President George Bush supported His Majesty's position in condemning newspaper cartoons of prophet Mohammad. He affirmed that freedom means responsibility and not insulting others. During his press statements after the summit, the King called for clear and peaceful protests and refrain from resorting to violence. King Abdullah affirmed that war on terrorism needs more than security measures, noting that Jordan focuses on providing more opportunities and developing the economy to enable its people to build their future. In this regard, the king's talks with the US officials focused on Jordan's economic needs to achieve these aspirations. His Majesty asked the US Administration to assist Jordan in overcoming effects of the rise of oil prices and accelerate the process of reducing US customs on Jordanian goods. The King Affirmed that Jordan will continue the path of reforms despite all obstacles. King Abdullah also reviewed with the US administration and members of the US Congress, the political situation in the region. He affirmed that it will be impossible to talk about a better future for Jordan or for the region without tackling the dangerous conflicts. His Majesty urged the US officials not to prejudge Hamas without knowing the decisions that it will take. He called on the international community to respect the democratic choice of the Palestinian people. He stressed that Jordan will continue supporting the Palestinians due to the strong ties between the two sides. His Majesty warned that stalemate in the peace process is not in the interest of the Palestinians, noting that within two years the Palestinians will not be left with lands to establish their viable state. The King was accompanied on his official visit by His Royal Highness Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein, His Royal Highness Prince Ghazi Bin Mohammad, His Majesty's Special Envoy, Prime Minister Marouf Al Bakhit, Foreign Minister Abdul Ilah Al Khatib, Minister of Industry and Trade Sharif Al Zu'bi, Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Suheir Al Ali and Director of the General Intelligence Department Major General Mohammad Thahabi. //Petra// 091222 Local FEB 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/09/30539300.htm

McAleese to visit Saudis 09/02/2006President McAleese will depart on an official visit to Saudi Arabia and a state visit to Jordan on Saturday.
The president is due to deliver the keynote address at the seventh Jeddah Economic Forum, one of the Middle East’s most important annual gatherings of world leaders, government officials, academics and business leaders.http://dailyireland.televisual.co.uk/home.tvt?_ticket=KGMZOKLAFS48ODQFIR0BJWSEAOWO96RGUU4HIOTACN2GBNLEHGSGX2DPUNNAD0TE9LLCPHYFURTSNZMAAP6TDKLAEUVHTRRHVVU9ANWP43Y9CHVTVRVJHONDLHG09LLDPGSG0VQFIUW9ANWP26925&_scope=DailyIreland/Content/News&id=20298&opp=1

Excellent, after all it's been 2-3 years since the Jordanian visit to Ireland. Am I correct in thinking this is the first state visit to Jordan?

King congratulates Kuwaiti Prime Minster</STRONG>
Pet1142 4 0104 King congratulates Kuwaiti Prime Minster For Papers Use Only............. . Amman, Feb.8 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Wednesday sent a cable to emir Sheikh Nasser Mohammad Al Ahmad Al Sobah congratulating him on the occasion of appointing him as Premier for State of Kuwait. King Abdullah wished the Premier continued good health and happiness and the people of Kuwait further progress and prosperity. Wardat/Petra 081850 Local FEB 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/08/30534200.htm

King, President Bush condemn Danish cartoons</STRONG>
Pet1217 4 0794 King, President Bush condemn Danish cartoons Washington, Feb.8 (Petra) -- During his talks with U.S. President George Bush on Wednesday, His Majesty King Abdullah II appreciated Bush's vision and his desire to see peace and stability realized in the Middle East. In their joint press statement, following talks, the two leaders condemned the cartoons insulting Prophet Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him) that were published in a Danish newspaper. " Insulting religious feelings or trying to justify this by taking freedom of expression as a cover is something unacceptable," the King told reporters
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/08/30534500.htm

Attachments

• 5364I.jpg
    5364I.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 258
  • 5361I.jpg
    5361I.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 317
suria said:
King, President Bush condemn Danish cartoons</STRONG>

Pet1217 4 0794 King, President Bush condemn Danish cartoons Washington, Feb.8 (Petra) -- During his talks with U.S. President George Bush on Wednesday, His Majesty King Abdullah II appreciated Bush's vision and his desire to see peace and stability realized in the Middle East. In their joint press statement, following talks, the two leaders condemned the cartoons insulting Prophet Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him) that were published in a Danish newspaper. " Insulting religious feelings or trying to justify this by taking freedom of expression as a cover is something unacceptable," the King told reporters

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/08/30534500.htm

i saw him on TV he lost weight , his hair is looking better too ;)

Queen lays down cornerstone for veterinary hospital

Queen Rania and Princess Muna (Petra)

Polfoto 14-02-2006 In this picture released by the Jordanian Royal Palace, King Abdullah II of Jordan, right, receives the German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier, left, in Amman, Jordan, Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2006

Attachments

• AP611017_guest.jpg
    AP611017_guest.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 206
King meets German Foreign Minister</STRONG>
Pet1215 4 0702 King meets German Foreign Minister Amman, Feb.14 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II has said the future of the Middle East peace process largely depends on the turnout of the upcoming Israel elections later this month and on the expected policy program of the coming Israeli government. The King's remarks came during his meeting on Tuesday with the German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier, who is currently on a visit to Jordan in the course of a regional tour. King Abdullah called upon the German government and the EU countries to continue their support to the Palestinian suffering to help ease their suffering. Once again in his remarks, King Abdullah strongly condemned categorically rejected the cartoons deriding Prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him. Meanwhile, the King said Muslims around the world should express their angry feeling in a civilized way. "Spearheading from Amman Message, Jordan has adopted plans designed to clarify the true image of Islam and its principles of moderation and to build bridges of understanding between various nations and cultures with the aim of reaching a common and solid ground that could promote concepts and values shared by adherents of the heavenly religions," King Abdullah said. "Jordan is also doing its utmost to explain teachings of great Islam and to strengthen bonds between Muslim communities and the western countries they are live," the King added. Talks during the meeting dealt with the best means to coordinate relations between Jordan and Germany with a view to reinforce global understanding and east-west relations. The talks showed that the two countries viewpoints were identical regarding the need for an international support to back the ongoing political process in Iraq to build a strong, stable and united Iraq. On bilateral relations, the King and the German minister reviewed ways and means to further cement ties of cooperation particularly in economic and educational spheres and an emphasis was made to speed up measures to complete the Jordanian-Germany university project, which described by the King as a pioneering step to exchange educational expertise. On his part, the German minister, who is expected to visit Israel, the Palestinian territories and Turkey, paid tribute to King Abdullah's efforts designed to promote security and stability in the region. He said his country would continue its effective role in supporting peace efforts as well as the international efforts to rebuild Iraq. Germany, he added supports the King's efforts to explain the essence of Islam and to establish a world society where understanding and mutual respect can prevail. Petra/Injadat 142231 Local FEB 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/14/30689700.htm

King Hails Relations with Japan</STRONG>
Pet0926 4 0264 King Hails Relations with Japan Amman, Feb. 13 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II hailed the distinguished relations between Jordan and Japan, calling to increase joint efforts to enhance these relations in the different domains, especially in the economic and investment fields. King Abdullah expressed, during a meeting on Monday with the official of foreign relations at the Japanese parliament, Jordan's appreciation for the support Japan presents for the Jordanian economy through aid presented by the Japanese government. The meeting also touched on Hamas won of Palestinian elections, and the vital role Tokyo plays in pushing the peace process forward. King also discussed, during the meeting which was attended by Foreign Minister Abdul Ilah Khatib, the situation in Iraq and the role of the Japanese troops in Iraq. For his part, the Japanese official hailed the efforts of His Majesty King Abdullah II in supporting peace in the region and pushing Political and economic development forward. //Petra//Shniqat 131702 Local FEB 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/13/30645200.htm

King Abdullah II (L) shakes hands with European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana, as they meet in Amman, Wednesday 15 February 2006.

from terra

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
King Congratulates President of Lithuania</STRONG>
Pet1295 4 0120 King Congratulates President of Lithuania For Papers Use Only.............. Amman, Feb. 15 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II sent a cable on Wednesday to President Valdas Adamkus of Lithuania congratulating him in his name and on behalf of the Jordanian people and government on the occasion of his country's Independence Day. King Abdullah wished president Adamkus continued good health and happiness and the people of Lithuania further progress and prosperity. //Petra// Shniqat 151745 Local FEB 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/15/30720500.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom