The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

yes thats exactly what I meant. Of all the royal couples I see, Rania and Abdullah's seems to be a relationship that is one of equals in every sense of the word. I've pointed that out in many threads. I think they're fortunate of have this sort of compatibility and understanding. This is obviously one of the reasons why Rania has settled into her role as Queen very comfortably. The support of her husband and his confidence in her is evident and reflected in the way Rania carries herself and the confidence with which she performs her duties. For a young royal couple with little experience I think they do very well together.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
your welcome.
Though Im not sure I understand what you mean by meeting together in US and not Jordan. Are you referring to only public duties or being together privately?
i mean (as they are going to NYC i assume that) they are meeting for public duties not meeting at their own home to relax with their family, so they must be busy with their job. my poor english:( hope you understand me this time

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 09-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
i mean (as they are going to NYC i assume that) they are meeting for public duties not meeting at their own home to relax with their family, so they must be busy with their job. my poor english:( hope you understand me this time
thats okay, your english is just fine. I just wasnt sure what you meant. I guess I meant to say that while KA and QR haven't been performing many duties together in public, it doesnt mean they dont get to spend time together at home. Infact this year Rania stayed home a lot more to be with her family. She even mentioned it in a statement on her website.
But I know what you mean. Like a lot of royal couples they have to perform many duties separately.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
Wow thank you for that,I am a size 10 and I've always thought I was fat...U gave me some hope :p
I know this is off topic, but you aren't fat. There are women in my country who would give their arms and legs to be a size 10. I personally, have never been smaller than a 10, except when I was a preteen. Throughout my teen age years into my earlier adult years, I maintained a size 10/12. I realize I will never be smaller than a size 10, and would never starve myself to be a size or two less. I am 5'5, and according to the weight charts, a healthy weigh range for me would be between 135-150. I was at 145. It is really sad that society respects woman that are sizes less than a 10, and be critical of us who aren't. It doesn't matter to me how small or how big Rania may get, well as long as it isn't an unhealthy weight, as long as she continues to being the best Queen to Jordan as possible.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
I know this is off topic, but you aren't fat. There are women in my country who would give their arms and legs to be a size 10. I personally, have never been smaller than a 10, except when I was a preteen. Throughout my teen age years into my earlier adult years, I maintained a size 10/12. I realize I will never be smaller than a size 10, and would never starve myself to be a size or two less. I am 5'5, and according to the weight charts, a healthy weigh range for me would be between 135-150. I was at 145. It is really sad that society respects woman that are sizes less than a 10, and be critical of us who aren't. It doesn't matter to me how small or how big Rania may get, well as long as it isn't an unhealthy weight, as long as she continues to being the best Queen to Jordan as possible.
Jordanian, and in fact Arab 'high society' set a lot of store on externalities, how someone looks, dresses, the style of their house, the model of their car, what their son's wedding was like and so on. They also like to talk about people , both if they see excesses but also if by their lights people are too simple. It is a difficult situation for those in the public eye.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:27 AM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah: al-Qaida has cells in Israel

Jordanian King Abdullah II told Israeli TV viewers Thursday that al-Qaida is sure to have set up terror cells in their country.

In an excerpt from an interview recorded in Amman with Israel TV, Abdullah said the terror group had established a global presence, which had tarnished the image of Islam.

"I think al-Qaida has planted cells all over the place," Abdullah said. "If they've been able to do it in countries all over the world, then I'm sure it has happened in Israel."

In February 2003, an IDF court jailed a Gaza man for 27 years for training with al-Qaida.

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said in the same year that al-Qaida members had infiltrated the Gaza Strip and Lebanon and were working to target Israel. He did not provide details. "The main thing is that the international community works together to stop these extremists," the king said. "Unfortunately for us (they) are taking terrorism in the name of Islam, which is a religion such as Christianity and Judaism that are religions of tolerance, acceptance and of being good to your fellow man."
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1126145970670
Old 09-09-2005, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

King Receives a Number of Ambassadors</FONT></STRONG>

Pet0381 4 0111 King Receives a Number of Ambassadors For Newspapers Use... Amman, Sep. 8(Petra)-- On the occasion of the end of their term of duty in Jordan, His Majesty King Abdullah II received on Thursday Ambassadors of Oman, Yemen, and Algeria Hamad Bin Helal, Ibrahim Udofi and Hadef Bu Thaljeh. During the meeting, the King thanked the ambassadors over their efforts exerted to promote ties between Jordan and their countries in all fields. //Petra// 081523 Local SEP 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/08/27381200.htm
Old 09-09-2005, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Ukrainian Ambassador Hails King Abdullah Effort</FONT></STRONG>

Pet0515 4 0381 Ukrainian Ambassador Hails King Abdullah Effort Amman, Sep. 8(Petra)-- Ukrainian Ambassador to Jordan Viktor Nagaichuk hailed efforts being exerted by His Majesty King Abdullah II and the Jordanian government to achieve political, social and economic reform in the Kingdom. During a press conference, held on Thursday on the occasion of Ukraine's National Day, the ambassador said that Ukraine looks forward to developing ties with the Middle East countries, particularly with Jordan, which plays a key role towards the region's issues. He also stressed the strong relations between his country and Jordan, expressing hope that His Majesty King Abdullah II would fulfill the invitation of Ukrainian President and visit Ukraine in the near future. '' A number of Jordanian students graduated from Ukrainian universities and institutes,'' pointed the ambassador, who also added that more than 3500 Jordanian students are currently studying in Ukraine. On the other hand, Nagaichuk said that the volume of trade exchange between the two countries reached $290 million in 2004. '' Jordan and Ukraine will hold next November the first meeting of the Joint Jordanian- Ukrainian Committee, during which the two sides are expected to sign a number of trade agreements,'' the ambassador said. He also expressed his country's support to Jordan's efforts that aim at settling the region's issues, especially the Palestinian cause. //Petra// 081712 Local SEP 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/08/27382600.htm
Old 09-09-2005, 04:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
Jordanian, and in fact Arab 'high society' set a lot of store on externalities, how someone looks, dresses, the style of their house, the model of their car, what their son's wedding was like and so on. They also like to , both if they see excesses but also if by their lights people are too simple. It is a difficult situation for people in prominent positions.

That can also apply to the American high society as well. IMO, it still doesn't make it right for others to feel bad because their size isn't in the single digits, but I understand what you are saying.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Thanks you Sommone for this,I have been starving myself to become a size or two less but it never worked,LOL,I am 5"6 and I guess ur right,I shoudn't care of what people think as long as I am healthy (which after all the dieting I doubt I am still healthy :p )

Sorry guys I know this is off topic :)
Old 09-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1078397702269

King Abdullah: al-Qaida has cells in Israel
Old 09-09-2005, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

It's time to start a new thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...609#post281609

Thanks to everyone who participated.