The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah II of Jordan can visit Jerusalem

The Government of Israeli prime minister, Ariel Sharón, in contact with representatives of the neighboring Kingdom of Jordan to organize a visit from king Abdalá II to Jerusalem during the next week, reveals today

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...len_469295.htm

Old 09-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
King Abdullah II of Jordan can visit Jerusalem

The Government of Israeli prime minister, Ariel Sharón, in contact with representatives of the neighboring Kingdom of Jordan to organize a visit from king Abdalá II to Jerusalem during the next week, reveals today

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...len_469295.htm
And they are trying to arrange for Husni Mubarak (president of Egypt) to go in november (that's as far as I understood,am i right?)

Old 09-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Courtier

This is where his grand-father King Abdullah I was assassinated:(, in Jerusalem. But I am assuming there will be a tight security. But I am sure that it's not a wise idea for King Abdullah & Husni Mubarak to be there, They are not liked by the palestinians at all. Any way, Let's hope for the best.:o
Old 09-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Courtier

King Abdullah I was King Abdullah II's great-grandfather. Hopefully the name coincidence isn't a prophetic one! Do the Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank not like Abdullah? You can pm me on that one.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Courtier

hey lil monkey --- what does yustour mean? it's okay if you don't want to tell -- i was just curious
Old 09-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Jordan denies king plans Israel visit

http://www.albawaba.com/en/countries/Jordan/188396
Old 09-02-2005, 04:06 AM
Heir Apparent

King Condoles American President</STRONG></FONT>

Pet0271 4 0158 King Condoles American President For Papers Use Only........... Amman, Sep. 1 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Thursday sent a cable to American President George W. Bush condoling him in his name and on behalf of the Jordanian people and government over the passing away and wounding of many people in the Hurricane Katrina. King Abdullah expressed his deep sorrow and heartfelt over this disaster. King Abdullah also sent cables to Governor of Louisiana Kathleen Blanco and Governor of Mississippi Haley Barbour in which he expressed his deep sorrow and sympathy in this hard times of both states. //Petra// 012213 Local SEP 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/01/27249200.htm
Old 09-02-2005, 04:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it would be excellent if Abdullah were to visit Jerusalem, whether people like it or not Israel is a sovereign nation and that's not likely to change.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:11 AM
Heir Apparent

On Wednesday, Jordanian King Abdullah II sent a message to Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, expressing his condolences over the tragedy and his willingness to provide aid to the Iraqi people. Jordanian Prime Minister Adnan Badran expressed in a telephone conversation with his Iraqi counterpart, Ibrahim al-Jaafari, his condolences over the tragedy
http://english.eastday.com/eastday/e...ai1405574.html
Old 09-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
hey lil monkey --- what does yustour mean? it's okay if you don't want to tell -- i was just curious
I don't know exactely,but it's something Arabs in general and muslims say,so that God will bring the best and prevent any harm...I think some other members who are better than me in english can translate...
Old 09-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amina1
This is where his grand-father King Abdullah I was assassinated:(, in Jerusalem. But I am assuming there will be a tight security. But I am sure that it's not a wise idea for King Abdullah & Husni Mubarak to be there, They are not liked by the palestinians at all. Any way, Let's hope for the best.:o
This is the first thing the crossed my mind aswell!
I was worried for a sec,but thank God,they denied it.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

why would such a visit be a big deal?
KA and QR have been to Israel before in 2000.
Although I dont know if they were in Jerusalem.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
why would such a visit be a big deal?
KA and QR have been to Israel before in 2000.
Although I dont know if they were in Jerusalem.
It is related to the history of the region. That's why posters like Sean are needed in this forum. Sean is very knowledgeable. But his/her postings were not always welcomed because moderators and some members here like the discussion to be more focused on glamour of royalty (clothes, make up, jewellery, etc) and they miss the point that these royals are heads of states who are mostly over-using public money whether national or/and international (e.g. aid).

So for those who like a decent discussion, they talk about royals in relation to their countries's history and politics.... and not only in relation to the brands they wear....
Old 09-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen2005
It is related to the history of the region. That's why posters like Sean are needed in this forum. Sean is very knowledgeable. But his/her postings were not always welcomed because moderators and some members here like the discussion to be more focused on glamour of royalty (clothes, make up, jewellery, etc) and they miss the point that these royals are heads of states who are mostly over-using public money whether national or/and international (e.g. aid).

So for those who like a decent discussion, they talk about royals in relation to their countries's history and politics.... and not only in relation to the brands they wear....
First of all, I am fully aware of the "history of the region"
Second, this is first and foremost a forum on royalty, not politics or history.
The reason I was wondering why this is a big deal is because King Abdullah has already been to Israel before. Because of the late King Hussein's efforts Jordan and Israel have a peace treaty.
If KA does make a visit to Jerusalem it wont be a event of historic proportions. Certainly not in comparison to other developments in the region right now (for example, the first meeting between the foreign ministers of Israel and Pakistan, the latter nation has never recognized Israel as a state but is gradually opening up to establishing relations with Israel and eventually sending a delegation to Jerusalem for the very first time.)
Old 09-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.israelnn.com/news.php3?id=89206

King Abdullah to Arrive in Jerusalem on Wednesday

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/03/27272400.htm

King Receives President of Tanzania
Old 09-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

An outline of King Abdullah's upcoming activities. So far I know that Queen Rania will accompany him to the Clinton Global Initiative conference in New York this month. Not sure about the rest. I think she might also go to the Vatican with him.

King to visit Turkey, Vatican, US
AMMAN — His Majesty King Abdullah is expected to travel to Turkey on a one-day working visit this week and later this month head to the Vatican City and the US, where he will attend the UN 2005 World Summit, a senior Royal Court official confirmed on Saturday.
http://www.jordantimes.com/sun/homenews/homenews1.htm
Old 09-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

King Abdullah arrives in Jeddah

Pictures:
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/04/417I.htm
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/04/419I.htm
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/04/421I.htm
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/04/423I.htm
Old 09-05-2005, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Jordanian king back home after short visit to Saudi Arabia POL-3LD JORDAN-SAUDI-VISIT
Jordanian king back home after short visit to Saudi Arabia
(Changing dateline) AMMAN, Sept 4 (KUNA) -- Jordanian King Abdullah II returned home Sunday following a short visit to Saudi Arabia, a statement by the royal court said.

King Abdullah II held talks with King Abdullah Bin Abdul-Aziz during the visit.

The two leaders highlighted the importance of protecting Iraq's unity and voiced support for efforts to restore stability and peace to the Arab state and for securing a better future for the Iraqi people.

Turning to another issue, the statement said that the two leaders have considered the Israeli withdrawal for the Gaza Strip "a positive and important step provided that other pullouts from the West Bank would follow within the road map to peace plan", that is aimed at the creation of a viable and independent Palestinian state.

The two countries said they were determined to combat terrorism and defend the real image and principles of Islam against terrorists' and extremists' attempts to distort them.

They also showed keenness on boosting bilateral ties on all spheres. (pickup previous) ab.

http://www.kuna.net.kw/home/story.as...en&DSNO=766304
Old 09-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Courtier

Weren't these pics all within days of each other? Did she bleach them during the trip?
Old 09-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah in Turkey

The Jordanian monach arrived for a one-day visit to discuss with Sezer and Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan developments in Iraq and peace efforts between Israel and the Palestinians

From getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	54726053.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	190004