The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 01:33 AM
Gentry

It's not that I think she's over dressed, I think some of you are correct in saying that she's dressed in a very proffesional manner, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that a secratary would dress the way she does unless she's a very well paid secratry hehehe.

All I'm saying is that if you add up all the $ the outfit costs it is just not appropriate for such a venue. That's all. I like that Rania always looks beautiful and well dress--I like that she cares about her appearence because she does represent Jordanian women...but it would be nice if she dressed in a more humble manner for certain engagements that all.

Old 10-08-2006, 02:11 AM
Gentry

Moon quoted it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon
Rania is elegant, this is really true..but her elegance is at the expenses of the people of jordan (jordan is with no good resources, is in unstable region and is poor). So, her elegance does not have a meaning for me at least..It is a selfish elegance that has some ethical implications WHEREAS Letizia, she is dressed within the money allocated to her. She can't go beyond that as Spain is more democratic country than Jordan and her spending is more audited than the one of Rania. the king in jordan has absolute power not like the king in spain..and this has alot of implications in terms of money allocations and how this money is monitered

===> Although Rania is really elegant, I am not impressed by elegance when it is at the expense of others. One can't just enjoy the style and elegance of queens/kings & princesses/princes without the full picture...

Old 10-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Gentry

Cool

Am a jordanian , and i know for sure that her majesty do her best ...
she doesn't have a magic stick you know that turns everything green or makes all work out ....some long term projects needs time , and there are many families and villages that is benifiting from these projects and efforts ...it might be slow but it is better than doing nothing ..at least it is better than it was 15 years ago ...

You visited Jordan for a while ..i lived here and still for 29 years ..did you manage to roam the kingdom villages or poverty pockets ? did you visit any place that the queen or king efforts to lift up are taking place in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer
Maybe because she is not (doing) much, just talking here, there and everywhere and visiting places, but what are the results of these visits? nothing really, what did these little orphans get from the royal visit, few plastic schoolbags or were these the royal gifts for the unfortunate poor students in some village school. People want to see things change for real in Jordan and not just talking in the foreign media about how things are improving there whereas in reality they're not, the jordanians are so nice and charming and they deserve much more, I was in Jordan few weeks ago and I know what am talking about.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia
why they can't go anywhere without taking wiyh them photographs

anybodu knows if PA was with them
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 10-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by salwa
Am a jordanian , and i know for sure that her majesty do her best ...
she doesn't have a magic stick you know that turns everything green or makes all work out ....some long term projects needs time , and there are many families and villages that is benifiting from these projects and efforts ...it might be slow but it is better than doing nothing ..at least it is better than it was 15 years ago ...

You visited Jordan for a while ..i lived here and still for 29 years ..did you manage to roam the kingdom villages or poverty pockets ? did you visit any place that the queen or king efforts to lift up are taking place in?
did u do that Salwa? did u go see those places? Poverty is horrible,I have seen and heard too many stories that make me hate the fact that I can eat and buy whatever I want and alot of people spend days with no food. the hotels alone here in Jordan (just like any pther place) throw away tons of food weekly, y can't anything be done, y can't the Government sign a contract with those hotels/restaurants to take whatever's left (which most of it is not even touched!!),or lets say buy it for the lowest prices and give it to the poor? the bread they throw away every week can keep a family alive for weeks of not months!I have thought of getting my father into doing that but he told me it isn't as simple as I think,I still can't understand what's so hard about not throwing away food but giving it to the poor instead?
I am not saying that we should give the poor our leftovers,oh NO!not at ALL that would make me sound like marry Antoinette!! but what I meant and everybody knows that some food isn't even touched and restaurants/hotels have to throw away all the excess whether good or not,so why not make some use out of it??
Iam not sure if this is off topic, but as the King and Queen are trying to tackle the poverty issues I thought this would be helpful,I am sure alot of people thought of doing that,and as far as I heard the US tried to do so (they thought of sending all the excess milk to India but it didn't work cuz the trip was too long and they cudn't keep the milk fresh or even good for humen intake),but Jordan is a very small country and such an Iea would make so much difference, I swear!
Old 10-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Please, avoid the discussion of Queen Rania's dress and/or the poverty, orphans or politics in Jordan.
While all these are very important topics, they don't have anything to do with the King and Queen's Current Events.

If you want to tell/explain something to another member, please do it via private messaging.

All further posts about this topic will be deleted.

Thank you for co-operation.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

From Petra:

Queen Rania visits Maan

Old 10-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Thank´s Asturiana

Beautiful dress!!
Old 10-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Nobility

Beautiful dress, beautiful colours!!!
I like the way she sits down on the floor like every other, she often does that when she is touring small jordanian villages.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Nobility

I also agree with some members, Queen Rania's dress is wonderful
Old 10-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Courtier

that's great very simple thoub, no jewels and simple makeup...lol guys do u think she reads the threads, I love the pic of her sitting on the floor like the family she visited...
Old 10-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Courtier

Hey guys, I was searching the Jordanian forums (http://www.amman-dj.com/en-index.html & (Abu mahjoub forums ), and found a rare video clip (about 1.30 long) of KA's visit to the Restaurant hashem,lol,Haram KA he cudn't even have privacy while eating falafel! It looks like sm1 recorded it using a cell-phone,Ka didn't look comfortable,it looked like he spotted the guy then Prince Hussien turned his head to see what bothered KA,cuz KA said smthing to QR,I hate to be in their place, it isn't a good feeling, but yet I thought whoever recorded that short clip has gutts!lol

Is there a way of uploading it here or shall I put the URL instead?
http://www.mahjoob.com/ar/forums/showthread.php?t=95097 (u can find it here, but to those who cant speak arabic just click the second line of the first post it should highlight)
Ps:I also spotted Yousif Allan, their photographer,comming out of the restaurant when the king left,to take pics of him while leaving and heading to their cars.)
Old 10-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
that's great very simple thoub, no jewels and simple makeup...lol guys do u think she reads the threads, I love the pic of her sitting on the floor like the family she visited...
I agree with you Lil Monkey, she looks more beautiful and natural in this thoub, very appropriate for Ramadan. Maybe she does read the threads or sm1 does for her, anyway I think it works lol
Old 10-08-2006, 06:58 PM
Gentry

Oh my! What a lovely dress, I just love the pattern and detailing - she listens to you niki!

Even her earrings look different, unusual design, I presume that is a traditional dress by other posters comments?

I really like it when she wears traditional outfits just as much as I love to see her wearing a designer dress. It's great to see her in situations like that with her people. She has a fabulous smile, I think people respond to a smile like that how can they not? Thank you for showing those pictures, I wouldn't get to see them otherwise.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Courtier

I love those pictures and I always loved the traditional outfits that the Queen wears some times .

I loved the most this picture http://img148.imagevenue.com/view.ph..._id=1160333746

I hope we will see this picture in the Month thread .
Old 10-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Aristocracy

HEY LIL mONKEY. wATCHED THE CEL PHONE recording. Was interesting to watch. The King didn't look very relaxed. Not sure why nothing was done about it, or if the person was recording it wasn't asked to leave. Not sure if I would like someone to watching me eat. Thanks for sharing it with us.
For those who have seen the Earth from space, and for the hundreds and perhaps thousands more who will,The experience most certainly changes your percetive.The things that we share in our world are far more valuable than those which divide us.
Donald Williams.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:35 AM
Aristocracy

What a lovely dress!! Does anyone know where they sell those type of traditional clothes and if they are expensive?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Serene Highness

first to lil monkey, i love your compassion and what a passion you have for others, i always enjoy your posts thanks for all your contributions.
LOVE the dress, she always looks lovely, but i like her best in the traditional dresses, they are always so intricate and detailed, just amazing craftsmanship.
supergirl you might google (jordon+traditional crafts+dresses) i know there are sites for things made by women in villages (like pillows and things) using traditional methods supported by queen rania and if i'm not mistaken queen noor (think thats where i saw it on cnn interview)
Old 10-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera
Thanks for the pictures! very rare to see the royal family in a more personal and intimate setting. I guess they only brought along Prince Hussein with them.
KA looks like someone inflated him with a bicycle pump.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

AL MANSHIEH — Her Majesty Queen Rania visited Al Manshieh village residents on Sunday to send a message of support and help alleviate poor living conditions in the area.

The Queen was accompanied by Fastlink CEO Saad Nasir to reinforce the idea of the private sector adhering to corporate responsibility in the country.
LINK

Amman, Oct. 7 (Petra)-- Her Majesty Queen Rania stressed the necessity of the need to distinguish between resistance and terrorism.

During an interview of the French Le Figaro newspaper which was issued on Saturday, the Queen said Lebanese Hezbollah or Hamas of Palestine can not be compared to Al-Qaeda, pointing out that the Al-Qaeda has exceeded all limits.
LINK