King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current News, Part 17

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Welcome to Part 17 of Current News and Pictures for King Abdullah and Queen Rania.

The previous thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our Posting Rules & Guidelines, specifically the following:
  • All images and articles must have a source attributed to it.
  • Only current images can be attached directly to the forum. Old images must be hosted via another source first.
  • Post only 20% of an article, followed by a link to the rest of it.
  • Be respectful even if you do not agree.
  • Stay on topic, otherwise posts will be deleted.
Happy posting!

Now here's an article on another event Queen Rania is hosting in a few days:

Jordan to host young Arab entrepreneurs

Young Arab entrepreneurs from Bahrain and other parts of the region will take part in a major business forum in Jordan from June 18 to 20.

The First Young Arab Entrepreneurs Business Forum is being organised by the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) Bahrain through its Arab Regional Centre for Entrepreneurship and Investment Training and the Arab Gulf Programme.

More than 100 entrepreneurs from Bahrain, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Yemen, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq, Palestine, Kuwait and the UAE are taking part in the forum, which is being held under the patronage of Queen Rania Al Abdulla of Jordan.
http://www.tradearabia.com/tanews/newsdetails_snECO_article106637.html

I am sorry to have to do this here publicly on the thread as this message is not addressed to everyone, but specifically two individuals who seem to not be getting the message when I am communicating with them via PM — you know who you are. Everyone else can please disregard this message.

This thread is about the Jordanian King and Queen and their activities. This is not about any past or present Moroccan King and his policies within his country.

This is also not the place for personal discussions between two members. This is a public forum for everyone, and as such, private discussions are discouraged.

Within the last five minutes alone, I have had to remove 7-8 messages exchanged by two members who have derailed this new thread with an off-topic and private discussion that also violated our Copyright Policy.

If any further off-topic messages are posted, they will be deleted and the members involved will be suspended immediately.

My apologies to everyone else who had to read this message.

Alexandria
Jordanian Forum Moderator

Its a well known arabic magazine called 'Laha' .

She looks pretty.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Laha cover looks wonderful and so do the pictures in the article (I love the one where she's barbecueing).
Would someone be kind enough to summarize it for those of us who dont speak Arabic? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
another photo of Queen Rania from the Global Women's Action Network for Children (GWANC) Conference in Jordan, from Getty:

Last edited:
From Hellomagazine:

Renee and Rania join forces for disadvantage children

At first glance, the beautiful queen of an exotic Middle Eastern nation and an actress best known for playing lovelorn singleton Bridget Jones might seem an unlikely pairing. Jordan's glamorous Queen Rania and Texan belle Renee Zellweger proved they had plenty in common when they met up on the shores of the Dead Sea this week, however.
The two women, who share a commitment to children's causes, were pictured together as they kicked off a new initiative designed to help disadvantaged youngsters all over the planet. Both are hoping the Global Women's Action Network For Children will find success in its mission to combat high maternal and infant mortality rates in poor countries, while also guaranteeing access to education for young girls everywhere…

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/06/15/queenrania/

Last edited:
For the benefit of everyone in the UK, ITV2 will be showing Queen Rania on OPRAH this Tuesday morning.

From Petra:

King Interviewed By Der Spiegel (German Magazine)
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/19/14000.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/19/13000.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/19/12000.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/19/11000.htm

On the website from Spiegel it is said that after the interview King Abdullah talked about the possibilities of the German Team during the World Cup. He assured the President of Germany that Germany would certainly win. His son Hussein was not that politely. He expected that of course Brasil would win.
I hope that at the end the King will be right :D...

Last edited:
Maybe I'm going to post a ridicular question, but can you tell me if Keen Abulah can have more wifes? If yes Why he hasn't got married again?
Thanks

asturiana said:
From Petra:

On the website from Spiegel it is said that after the interview King Abdullah talked about the possibilities of the German Team during the World Cup. He assured the President of Germany that Germany would certainly win. His son Hussein was not that politely. He expected that of course Brasil would win.
I hope that at the end the King will be right :D...
LOL Way to go Hussien! Brazil will win!

Thanks for the great photos of the Queen . Loved the magazine photos of her. I been on vacation for the last three weeks and been out of loop with the news on the royals. Can someone clear me on the interview with Oprah! Will it be repeat, a whole new interview or am I just reading old news and I am still suffering from jetlag.

When you have Rania as a wife ..why should you marry another:confused: ?!! Their marriage is solid and was based on love :D
biboquinhas said:
Maybe I'm going to post a ridicular question, but can you tell me if Keen Abulah can have more wifes? If yes Why he hasn't got married again?
Thanks

salwa said:
When you have Rania as a wife ..why should you marry another:confused: ?!! Their marriage is solid and was based on love :D

Nobody knows the reality of any couple;)

And Rania is not in the shelter of the remarriage of her husband,because the jordanian law allows him if he wants,and I recall that I read an article that somewhere in the begining of their marriage,they have a crisis and were into divorcing.

Being a beautiful or elegant mediatisated wife,is not always enough to keep the husband faithful and loving,proof Princess Diana.

Any couple can face marriage problems at the beginning ..not only royalty …And as far as anyone knows here in Jordan ..and from what I hear of a friend who have a relative who works in the royal court ..nothing has been heard of anything about problems ….Roomers are easy to spread ..and anyone , especially those who were not easy with the fact of Rania being their queen used to spread all kinds of roomers ….

May allah bless both their majesties and keep all kind of trouble away ..this kind of love is enviable;) indeed….

TamaraKhan said:

And Rania is not in the shelter of the remarriage of her husband,because the jordanian law allows him if he wants,and I recall that I read an article that somewhere in the begining of their marriage,they have a crisis and were into divorcing.

Being a beautiful or elegant mediatisated wife,is not always enough to keep the husband faithful and loving,proof Princess Diana.

EmmieLou said:
For the benefit of everyone in the UK, ITV2 will be showing Queen Rania on OPRAH this Tuesday morning.

Sorry, for some reason this was not the show that aired, I am currently trying to find out when it will.

TamaraKhan said:

I agree with you 100%. Every couple who is in the public eye has to project an image that may or may not reflect how they really feel about each other.
The public will be the last to know what really goes on between them unless it starts to spill into their public image, like Charles and Diana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom