King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current News, Part 17

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe i am wrong to say this..... Doesn't matter if the Queen is Palestinin. She is A muslim like her Husband. True to faith. Is that more important than what region you were born. She has a true understanding what it is to be Muslim and hard work , her human kindness and sympathy has proven over and over again many times . She is one person who could only be in one place at a time, but her heart and soul is spread evenly.. Hope I make some sense.

Claudia Lisa Remy said:
Maybe i am wrong to say this..... Doesn't matter if the Queen is Palestinin. She is A muslim like her Husband. True to faith. Is that more important than what region you were born. She has a true understanding what it is to be Muslim and hard work , her human kindness and sympathy has proven over and over again many times . She is one person who could only be in one place at a time, but her heart and soul is spread evenly.. Hope I make some sense.

It makes sense. It just seems many want to know where she is during these difficult times. In the absence of information--as we all know--speculation abounds. Is she on a lavish trip? Is she uncaring and choosing to be elsewhere? The truth is we don't know where Queen Rania is right now and that leads to speculation, rumor and gossip--unfortunately.

i feel quite strongly the the Queen is heartbroken by the horrible things happening to innocent people. i would imagine she is working very hard to alleviate the suffering wherever she can. but imo she should not be making "political" statements that could make the situation worse or make her husbands peace making job harder. i would be very surprised if she was on vacation at this tense and dangerous time, i just don't believe it.

I agree with Humera concerning her points on Rania and whether she should be speaking out/taking some form of action regarding this matter.

Also, why the repeated asides about her holiday? Is she not allowed to go on one as others do (if they can afford to and she obviously can). How do you know she is on holiday? Does her being on holiday mean that she stops thinking about what is happening? If she came back, what is she expected to do?

Rania is now married to the King of Jordan and her loyalties lie with her husband. Yes she originated form Palestine I understand but she is Queen of Jordan now and with that come certain responsiblities towards that country and most importantly supporting and protecting Abdullah.

Rania would do herself no favours speaking out of turn or taking some kind of action that in this current climate would inflame an already very upsetting and volatile situation. Her husband would not thank her, her "government" would not thank her and probably many others waiting to point fingers at her for "upstaging" her husband would take great glee in her actions.

As Humera said, she is fund raising and doing many things to help as best she can, when and if the time is right I am certain she will say something but she and Abdullah are a team I always feel and her loyalty will be towards him FIRST and foremost (as would be the case with any husband/wife) and no one should expect her to go against that, it's not fair to expect her to be all things to all people. She is a human being torn between various "loyalties" I'm sure at a time like this and I'm certain her husband whilst realising how difficult this must be for her personally, welcomes the fact he has a wife smart enough to maintain a silence when required.

And perhaps now is such a time?

well said snowwhite.
This situation is already stirring up too many emotions, and since it is so obviously out of our hands all the anxiety is unfortunately being directed in the wrong direction. The best we can do now is adopt the wait and see approach.

Let's try to keep the thread focused on the current events/news of Abdullah and Rania. I know the situation in Lebanon is extremely sensitive, and the posts thus far are examples on why politics should not be discussed in the forum.

From this point on, all posts related to the conflict in Lebanon will be removed without ANY WARNING.

If you have any questions, please contact any of the moderators.

Thank you for your cooperation.

King Abdullah on a brief visit to Kuwait:

Article:Petra

Pictures (Petra)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
How do you know she's on vacation? The rest of us dont seem to be privy to that information.

by not seeing her and you saying "July is usually about the time the King and Queen go on vacation and/or shopping trips." Post #100 thread 17 (this thread)

Last edited:
more from Petra:

Queen Rania supports local relief efforts for Lebanon and Gaza Strip

Amman, July 25(Petra)-- Amidst increasing humanitarian needs in the region, organizations and individuals from the Arab World have stepped up their efforts to deliver all types of aid to Lebanon and the Gaza Strip.

Jordan has launched a national campaign to collect donations and last week the Jordan River Foundation (JRF), under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, launched an initiative inviting Jordanians and residents in Jordan to participate in providing monetary and in-kind support.

On Tuesday, Queen Rania visited JRF headquarters, where all donations are being dropped off, packaged, and loaded on trucks to be sent directly via the designated safe routes. Her Majesty met with JRF Director Maha Khatib, President of the Lebanese Community in Jordan Fouad Abu Hamdan, and other members from the Lebanese Community...

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jul/25/20000.htm

Queen Rania Stresses the Necessity of Following Up Projects and Coordinating with Several Parties

Last edited:
ZZZ said:
by not seeing her and you saying "July is usually about the time the King and Queen go on vacation and/or shopping trips." Post #100 thread 17 (this thread)

That was clearly a general statement, not a fact.
The royal family usually go on vacations in July/August. Not just King Abdullah, Queen Rania and kids but several other members of the family, they all go together on their yacht (not to mention there are always paparazzi pictures of them)
But these are obviously not ordinary circumstances.
And since Queen Rania is clearly in Jordan at the moment, perhaps this tedious line of discussion could come to an end.
Thank you.

last post where Queen Rania was, I can see she is in Jordan but maybe she just flew back last night.just something to cthink about

Thank you, ZZZ, but I think we can do without that sort of speculation. Basically, without evidence either way, it comes down to people drawing conclusions on the basis of their previous opinions of her, which isn't a useful way of determining where she was. Unless there's some evidence that she was on vacation, perhaps we can move on.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator

asturiana said:
more from Petra:

Queen Rania supports local relief efforts for Lebanon and Gaza Strip

Amman, July 25(Petra)-- Amidst increasing humanitarian needs in the region, organizations and individuals from the Arab World have stepped up their efforts to deliver all types of aid to Lebanon and the Gaza Strip.

Jordan has launched a national campaign to collect donations and last week the Jordan River Foundation (JRF), under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, launched an initiative inviting Jordanians and residents in Jordan to participate in providing monetary and in-kind support.

On Tuesday, Queen Rania visited JRF headquarters, where all donations are being dropped off, packaged, and loaded on trucks to be sent directly via the designated safe routes. Her Majesty met with JRF Director Maha Khatib, President of the Lebanese Community in Jordan Fouad Abu Hamdan, and other members from the Lebanese Community...

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jul/25/20000.htm

Queen Rania Stresses the Necessity of Following Up Projects and Coordinating with Several Parties

It's good to see her involved in organizing aid and support in this manner. She knows the region and how to mobilize and get things done and to the people most in need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Rania at the packing of supplies for Lebanon

from abaca

Attachments

• 519874.jpg
    519874.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 356
  • 519875.jpg
    519875.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 278
Nice pics, a long i don't see her helping like that. I just now repair that her hair is very long...oh, i love have mine like that...! Well thanks for the photos!

I know it seems superficial perhaps mentioning it between what has just been talked about but I just love her hair - it is very long now but she looks very beautiful with it that length. Must be very difficult to maintain though and keep it looking glossy etc.

I think it really suits her and it seems natural, no use of hair extensions or things like that which always look so obviously false to me.

And it's nice to see her helping with aid packages and so on, it's no surprise to me that she would be doing something like this.

Thanks for the pictures.

Last edited:
Hello from Greece!!

Hello to everybody!!
I am a huge fan of Queen Rania.I think she is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, she is elegant, she has an exotic beauty. But the most attractive thing about Rania is that she is simple, she is working hard and she likes it, she has ambitions and she makes dreams for her country, I believe in her very much. All women should be like her. I love her style, it is fresh and dynamic.
I have a lot of photos of Queen Rania, some of them are old. I would like to see more old photos of her.
Sorry for my bad english.
I like this forum very much.
Greetings from Athens, Greece!:)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
That was clearly a general statement, not a fact.
The royal family usually go on vacations in July/August. Not just King Abdullah, Queen Rania and kids but several other members of the family, they all go together on their yacht (not to mention there are always paparazzi pictures of them)

Sorry, I know the subject has moved on but I was wondering where I might see some pictures of past vacations...Thanks... :eek:

You could have a look through past current events and picture threads, or try a forum search on keywords like Rania and vacation.

I guess I'm in the minority but I liked Rania's hair when it was a bit shorter than it is now. Even though it looks nice now, it looked more professional when it was just a few inches past the shoulder rather than the length it is now. jmo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom