The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer
Thanks for the link, nice article, but the most beautiful face in the world !! I don't think so
Rania is attractive, of that there is no doubt but to be honest, I have seen many truly stunning Arab women who don't wear lots of makeup and haven't had surgery/botox and certainly don't have the money that Rania has. They are natural beauties, Rania is a contrived beauty and in the ME and North Africa you see many women who are as attractive or more attractive than Rania in the street.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:59 AM

happy birthday prince hussein

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000
and happy life to all the familey

Old 07-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Gentry

personally, I prefer and by far lalla salma, and I completely agree with her about queen rania
Old 07-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Commoner

no doubt that both queen rania and lalla salma are beautiful women, however lets not forget that the status and position bestowed on people can add extra glamour and grandour to their natural physical beauty.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow
no doubt that both queen rania and lalla salma are beautiful women, however lets not forget that the status and position bestowed on people can add extra glamour and grandour to their natural physical beauty.
Yes, you are so right about this snow, some people also think that 'royalty' automatically means 'goodness' also, in fact royals get endowed with all sorts of qualities that in all likelihood, if they were well known to people as private individuals, they would never be endowed with.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Jordan's queen bats for kids

AMMAN, Jordan (AP) - Jordan's Queen Rania joined top female humanitarian leaders yesterday in launching a global media initiative aimed at improving children's health and education around the world.

The Global Women's Action Network for Children would mount a public awareness campaign to reverse high maternal and infant mortality rates and increase girls' access to education, said Marion Wright Edelman, president of the US-based Children's Defense Fund.

Queen Rania told The Associated Press in a written interview that the network would push cost-effective measures to improve global conditions for women and children. Knit caps to keep newborns warm and clean razor blades to cut umbilical cords can save three out of four infants, she said.
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/..._FOR_KIDS_.asp

Such relatively simple measures can make a huge impact. I'm glad the word about such things is getting out as it could save so many lives.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by clymène
It's not Rania that Lalla Salma doesn't like. It's just that she doesn't approve of her way of communicating. The article says that Lalla Salma prefers being the shadow of her husband, while Rania is the equal of her husband.
For my part, if I had to chose, I would chose Rania's way of communicating.
So it's a difference in "styles" of communication more than anything. Well, Lalla Salma is entitled to her opinion and the way she chooses to comport herself, just as Rania is entitled to hers. They seem very different women, in many regards, and I agree, I would prefer--if I were the wife of a King--that my voice be allowed to speak out on issues. But that's my US roots talking....living in the shadow of someone would not be fulfilling for me. Lalla prefers it that way though and I have no problem with that. We must each do what we are most comfortable with.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Commoner

to all who love queen rania!
i was lucky enough to meet queen rania once again today, what i have noticed each time is that she is super-confident yet extremely humane and there is this regal serenity about her which makes her to stand out in any crowd, for instance today there were many people around who did not even know who this slender elegant lady is but somehow her presence evokes respect in all. god bless her.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Courtier

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jul/09/13131I.htm
it looks like KA supports Italy :)
Congrats to all Italy's fans!! (Viva Italy!)
Old 07-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow
to all who love queen rania!
i was lucky enough to meet queen rania once again today, what i have noticed each time is that she is super-confident yet extremely humane and there is this regal serenity about her which makes her to stand out in any crowd, for instance today there were many people around who did not even know who this slender elegant lady is but somehow her presence evokes respect in all. god bless her.

snow, did you meet the Queen in Jordan or the UK? and what was the event?
Old 07-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jul/09/13131I.htm
it looks like KA supports Italy :)
Congrats to all Italy's fans!! (Viva Italy!)
looks like the earlier predictions of neither father nor the son came true.
still, its good to see that they enjoy the game all the way to the end.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
snow, did you meet the Queen in Jordan or the UK? and what was the event?
dear humera i met the queen in uk, it was not an official event we just happened to be shopping at the same time in the same store.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

oh no wonder we haven't seen her for a few days.
July is usually about the time the King and Queen go on vacation and/or shopping trips.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Nobility

Wait, are they in London for vacation or a state visit? Are there going to be any pictures?? Thanks.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

I dont think its either of those, Laraib.
Queen Rania is probably there by herself and the youngest kids.
Petra has pictures of King Abdullah and Prince Hussein in Jordan.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz70
http://www.prospect.org/weblog/2006/06/post_592.html

For an interesting read about the King and Queen. The points this guy is making are very valid.
They are not promoting democracy in Jordania. They are first and foremost promoting peace and progress in their own area, understanding of Islam in other areas of the world and trying to eliminate poverty and unecessary deaths of women and children all over the world due to the unequal distribution of wealth and opportunities in the world and the mistakes of well-meaning richer nations trying to aid the third world making the matters worse.

I think queen Rania is doing a magnificent job promoting the Middle East and whether people think she is most beautiful or not does not matter. Beauty comes from within and she certainly is beautiful on the inside. We westerners relate to her easily because of the way she dresses and speaks out and we listen when she opens her mouth. Her being of Palestinian origin makes me hope that she will be able to contribute to peace in the Palestinia/Israel situation.

The interview in Washington Life Magasin was excellent and gives a clear idea what the royal couple stands for. I wish them all the luck in the future.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Courtier

They were all in UK but they returned Home yesterday Humera!
Old 07-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

obviously this was one of those short, private visits.
Thanks lil_Monkey.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Jordan-Spain 10-07-2006
Queen Rania of Jordan travels to Spain to participate in GAVI

Queen Rania of Jordan will arrive tomorrow at Madrid to participate in the meeting of the Council of the Global Alliance of Vaccinations and Immunization (GAVI, in its abbreviations in English), today informed the hachemí Real House in an official notice.
The note remembers that Rania shows the presidency of the Global Campaign for the Infantile Immunization and details that during the meeting of Madrid the tending strategies will be reviewed to increase the levels of the immunization and to invest the global disparities to facilitate the access to the vaccinations.
Queen Rania will take advantage of her stay in the Spanish capital to visit the Museum of the Prado, adds the official notice.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...avi_976174.htm
Old 07-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania of Jordan leaves her hotel in Madrid, Spain, on Tuesday 11 July 2006. Queen Rania attends at the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization meeting in Madrid

from anp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	254265