King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current News, Part 17

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't this soo sweet of the King and prince Hussien? Check this out!
King Abdullah and Prince Hussein watched last night's football game (Italy vs Germany) with the local at one of the places where he ordered to have huge TV sets established for everyone to be able to watch!
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jul/04/12907I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jul/04/12908I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jul/04/12909I.htm
and Btw Congrats to all Italy's fans! They did a great job!
I hope they would win the cup...

Thanks Lil Monkey, Hope my country wins. Even though I am Canadian, I am Italian and our hearts are with Italy. I really hope we take the Cup.....

I can see the bodyguard of Queen Rania Behind King Abullah on the third picture.

I read in a moroccan magazine, that princess lalla salma ( king's wife) don't like the way to be of queen rania, for her what she is doing is a folklore, because she is always in front of camera

liliana said:
I read in a moroccan magazine, that princess lalla salma ( king's wife) don't like the way to be of queen rania, for her what she is doing is a folklore, because she is always in front of camera

I don't believe that. The answer of a Princess must be diplomatic especially when the answer is about a Queen.
Wich magazine was that?

Last edited:
Joumana said:
I don't believe that. The answer of a Princess must be diplomatic especially when the answer is about a Queen.
Wich magazine was that?
the princess say that she don't like to be Compared to rania that's all
it in lalla salma's thread the magazine is telquel

shrifia said:
the princess say that she don't like to be Compared to rania that's all
it in lalla salma's thread the magazine is telquel

The princess has right to said that. She don't like to be compared to another princess or queen. It's nothing Wrong about it.

"LILIANA" said something else and i think that what LILIANA said is a great mistake.

liliana said:

This is the article where Princess Salma talked about Queen Rania.
http://img102.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=13612_p10_179lo.jpg

She don't said that" what Queen Rania is doing is a folklore, because she is always in front of camera". That's not her own words.

Joumana said:
Wich magazine was that?

it's the magazine telquel, a close of lalla salma sait that lalla salma don't like the style of communication of queen rania, and that lalla salma don't want to make floklore and "m'as tu vu" as queen rania
the close of lalla salma said also, that queen rania isn't "la tasse de thé" of lalla salma, it's a french expresion that wants to say that lalla salma don't like the way to be of queen rania

Last edited:
Can anyone actually translate the article? Perhaps Lalla Salma is saying she doesn't want to be compared to Queen Rania and that they have different styles.

Zonk1189 said:
Can anyone actually translate the article? Perhaps Lalla Salma is saying she doesn't want to be compared to Queen Rania and that they have different styles.

That's Exactly what she meant.

liliana said:
it's the magazine telquel, a close of lalla salma sait that lalla salma don't like the style of communication of queen rania, and that lalla salma don't want to make floklore and "m'as tu vu" as queen rania
the close of lalla salma said also, that queen rania isn't "la tasse de thé" of lalla salma, it's a french expresion that wants to say that lalla salma don't like the way to be of queen rania

The close of Princess Salma is not Princess Salma self. So what the other said doens't mean that Princess Salma said that.

NB: I understand french very wel. That's my langage after arabic. So I understand what the expression of "La tasse de thé" mean.

Last edited:
Joumana said:
The close of Princess Salma is not Princess Salma self. So what the other said doens't mean that Princess Salma said that.

NB: I understand french very wel. That's my langage after arabic. So I understand what the expression of "La tasse de thé" mean.

Exactly Joumana,

It's very easy to speard rumors about what would say some people and to say the friend of her friend said that she said.

That way of making such as comments by the so called magazine "telquel" is very telling about the level of the journalist who wrote that article,for whatever reason,they don't like the moroccan royal family,but to talk in name of Salma and to put such as words in her mouth is only gossip level and and not serious at all.

I myself don't like the way of communicating of Queen Rania,but I won't till making comparisons,everybody is unique,and defends his way of communicating.

you have the right to not believe what the journalist say, but the magazine tel quel is well konwn in morocco to be very serious, it isn't a magazine of gossips

I think the questioning comes more from the interpretation of the article than the legimatcy of the magazine.
I don't speak French very well (okay..not at all) but I think the headline is more so I am me and She is she.

it's indispensable to read all the article and not only the headline
the article is very clear, lalla salma don't like the way to be of rania
queen rania isn't her "tasse de thé" of lalla salma, this expression is very hard in french

It's not Rania that Lalla Salma doesn't like. It's just that she doesn't approve of her way of communicating. The article says that Lalla Salma prefers being the shadow of her husband, while Rania is the equal of her husband.
For my part, if I had to chose, I would chose Rania's way of communicating.

tesaweer said:
Thanks for the link, nice article, but the most beautiful face in the world !! I don't think so :confused:

Rania is attractive, of that there is no doubt but to be honest, I have seen many truly stunning Arab women who don't wear lots of makeup and haven't had surgery/botox and certainly don't have the money that Rania has. They are natural beauties, Rania is a contrived beauty and in the ME and North Africa you see many women who are as attractive or more attractive than Rania in the street.

happy birthday prince hussein

reeda2000 said:
and happy life to all the familey

personally, I prefer and by far lalla salma, and I completely agree with her about queen rania

no doubt that both queen rania and lalla salma are beautiful women, however lets not forget that the status and position bestowed on people can add extra glamour and grandour to their natural physical beauty.

snow said:
no doubt that both queen rania and lalla salma are beautiful women, however lets not forget that the status and position bestowed on people can add extra glamour and grandour to their natural physical beauty.

Yes, you are so right about this snow, some people also think that 'royalty' automatically means 'goodness' also, in fact royals get endowed with all sorts of qualities that in all likelihood, if they were well known to people as private individuals, they would never be endowed with.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Jordan's queen bats for kids

AMMAN, Jordan (AP) - Jordan's Queen Rania joined top female humanitarian leaders yesterday in launching a global media initiative aimed at improving children's health and education around the world.

The Global Women's Action Network for Children would mount a public awareness campaign to reverse high maternal and infant mortality rates and increase girls' access to education, said Marion Wright Edelman, president of the US-based Children's Defense Fund.

Queen Rania told The Associated Press in a written interview that the network would push cost-effective measures to improve global conditions for women and children. Knit caps to keep newborns warm and clean razor blades to cut umbilical cords can save three out of four infants, she said.
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/20060613T170000-0500_106899_OBS_JORDAN_S_QUEEN_BATS_FOR_KIDS_.asp

Such relatively simple measures can make a huge impact. I'm glad the word about such things is getting out as it could save so many lives.

clymène said:
It's not Rania that Lalla Salma doesn't like. It's just that she doesn't approve of her way of communicating. The article says that Lalla Salma prefers being the shadow of her husband, while Rania is the equal of her husband.
For my part, if I had to chose, I would chose Rania's way of communicating.

So it's a difference in "styles" of communication more than anything. Well, Lalla Salma is entitled to her opinion and the way she chooses to comport herself, just as Rania is entitled to hers. They seem very different women, in many regards, and I agree, I would prefer--if I were the wife of a King--that my voice be allowed to speak out on issues. But that's my US roots talking....living in the shadow of someone would not be fulfilling for me. Lalla prefers it that way though and I have no problem with that. We must each do what we are most comfortable with.

to all who love queen rania!
i was lucky enough to meet queen rania once again today, what i have noticed each time is that she is super-confident yet extremely humane and there is this regal serenity about her which makes her to stand out in any crowd, for instance today there were many people around who did not even know who this slender elegant lady is but somehow her presence evokes respect in all. god bless her.

snow said:
to all who love queen rania!
i was lucky enough to meet queen rania once again today, what i have noticed each time is that she is super-confident yet extremely humane and there is this regal serenity about her which makes her to stand out in any crowd, for instance today there were many people around who did not even know who this slender elegant lady is but somehow her presence evokes respect in all. god bless her.

snow, did you meet the Queen in Jordan or the UK? and what was the event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom