The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana
picture from Petra:
Who are these newlyweds?

Old 06-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by clymène
Who are these newlyweds?
check princess Basma's thread

Old 06-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
check princess Basma's thread

Ok, thanks!!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the great photos of the Queen . Loved the magazine photos of her. I been on vacation for the last three weeks and been out of loop with the news on the royals. Can someone clear me on the interview with Oprah! Will it be repeat, a whole new interview or am I just reading old news and I am still suffering from jetlag.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:23 AM
Gentry

Thumbs up

Exactly !

I hope that P.Hussein predection will come true
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
LOL Way to go Hussien! Brazil will win!
Old 06-20-2006, 02:32 AM
Gentry

When you have Rania as a wife ..why should you marry another ?!! Their marriage is solid and was based on love
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Maybe I'm going to post a ridicular question, but can you tell me if Keen Abulah can have more wifes? If yes Why he hasn't got married again?
Thanks
Old 06-20-2006, 06:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by salwa
When you have Rania as a wife ..why should you marry another ?!! Their marriage is solid and was based on love
Nobody knows the reality of any couple

And Rania is not in the shelter of the remarriage of her husband,because the jordanian law allows him if he wants,and I recall that I read an article that somewhere in the begining of their marriage,they have a crisis and were into divorcing.

Being a beautiful or elegant mediatisated wife,is not always enough to keep the husband faithful and loving,proof Princess Diana.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:32 AM
Gentry

Talking

Any couple can face marriage problems at the beginning ..not only royalty …And as far as anyone knows here in Jordan ..and from what I hear of a friend who have a relative who works in the royal court ..nothing has been heard of anything about problems ….Roomers are easy to spread ..and anyone , especially those who were not easy with the fact of Rania being their queen used to spread all kinds of roomers ….

May allah bless both their majesties and keep all kind of trouble away ..this kind of love is enviable indeed….

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraKhan

And Rania is not in the shelter of the remarriage of her husband,because the jordanian law allows him if he wants,and I recall that I read an article that somewhere in the begining of their marriage,they have a crisis and were into divorcing.

Being a beautiful or elegant mediatisated wife,is not always enough to keep the husband faithful and loving,proof Princess Diana.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
For the benefit of everyone in the UK, ITV2 will be showing Queen Rania on OPRAH this Tuesday morning.
Sorry, for some reason this was not the show that aired, I am currently trying to find out when it will.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraKhan

I agree with you 100%. Every couple who is in the public eye has to project an image that may or may not reflect how they really feel about each other.
The public will be the last to know what really goes on between them unless it starts to spill into their public image, like Charles and Diana.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:32 AM

http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/06-2006/300People01.pdf
Old 06-23-2006, 03:33 AM
Courtier

http://servicios.diariosur.es/pg0604...L-SOC-P3_1.jpg
Old 06-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Aristocracy

thanks for the information.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Exactly !

I hope that P.Hussein predection will come true
I don't follow this sport but love the fact they've raised this young man to speak his mind.....!!!!! I found his comments very cute and age appropriate. In other words, what QR has said recently about the importance of trying to ensure their children are raised normally, seems to be quite accurate. Wonderful ancedote--no matter who wins (sorry to those supporting one team or another:) )
Old 06-24-2006, 11:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Any couple can face marriage problems at the beginning ..not only royalty …And as far as anyone knows here in Jordan ..and from what I hear of a friend who have a relative who works in the royal court ..nothing has been heard of anything about problems ….Roomers are easy to spread ..and anyone , especially those who were not easy with the fact of Rania being their queen used to spread all kinds of roomers ….

May allah bless both their majesties and keep all kind of trouble away ..this kind of love is enviable indeed….

From the little I know, rumors do seem to spread easily about monarchs--in Jordan and other countries. It seems to me--though I haven't followed things as much as usual--Queen Rania has once again plunged into a challenging schedule and is an asset to her husband (not that she wasn't before but she took time off after P Hashem's birth and was not seen out and about as much, understandaby). They seem to have an easy rapport with one another and have continued to be sounding boards for one another about political matters (as QR once stated in VF) but also continue to enjoy the same things that they've always loved doing together--her cooking, his barbequing, her being the disciplinarian who reads to her children nightly and gets P Hussein up for prayers, his making sure they have fun by playing with them, and I think they are both discovering--like all parents of growing children--all of the "challenges" of staying up to speed with what many children have or are exposed to today--the internet, cable TV, schoolwork, and musicians like 50 Cent or whatever that group is (I still have no clue but P Hussein apparently likes them and they're growing on QR).

All in all, I see them as more of a family unit than a couple as their children have matured and I admire the way they've managed to carve out schedules so one or the other is always present with the children and they take time to go to their plays or performances or school events. True, millions of other parents do the same--but that's the point. They've not lost focus of the importance of being there for their kids. I admire the way they've evolved and, sure, early stages of marriage can be quite a transition then they had to make a huge adjustment to being King and Queen--but I really can't see one without the other. They complement each other very well.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania visits the Al-Basheer hospital in Amman, Jordan on June 25, 2006.

from getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71294796.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	251836   Click image for larger version

Name:	71294800.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	251837   Click image for larger version

Name:	71294802.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	251838   Click image for larger version

Name:	71294803.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	251839  

Click image for larger version

Name:	71294804.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	251840  
Old 06-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Royal Highness

From Petra:

Queen Rania Attends JEI Executive Board Meeting
Amman, June 27 (Petra)-- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah attended the Jordan Education Initiative (JEI) Executive Board meeting, Tuesday, where board members made a series of recommendations to strengthen the three-year-old initiative...
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/27/16000.htm

Pictures:

Old 06-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Queen Rania visits the Al-Basheer hospital in Amman, Jordan on June 25, 2006.

An article to go with the pictures:

Health Systems Strengthening project launched - Jordan

AMMAN — A $45 million project was launched on Sunday to further improve and institutionalise a responsive, quality-oriented public healthcare system in the country.

Under a memorandum of understanding, the Ministry of Health signed with USAID yesterday, a package of essential healthcare services will be instituted to reduce maternal mortality

The Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) project will assist the Health Ministry in its efforts to build the capacity of health workers and sustain improvements in the quality of healthcare at the local community, health centre, hospital, governorate, and central government levels.

Her Majesty Queen Rania attended the signing ceremony at Al Bashir Hospital, and toured the hospital's new facility for mother and child care.

She also visited the hospital's neonatal intensive care Unit, which contains 50 incubators.

USAID awarded $45 million for the five-year project in April last year. MENAFN
Old 06-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia
i think because rania is very Skinny her look is unhealthy
sorry for my english:p
I sincerely doubt Her Majesty is a diabetic. If she were, we would have known about it a long time ago.

:)
Old 06-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

There are diabetics in my family and Im pretty familiar with what they go through. Being skinny does not mean one must have some sort of disease. Perhaps we should stick to what we know instead of resorting to hurtful speculation about someone's health.