The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:27 AM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
http://www.islamicity.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=IC0301-2178
Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty...And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms..." (Quran 24:30,31).

The Quran is quite clear that the veil is essential for modesty, but why is modesty important? The Quran is still clear:

"O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women that they should cast their outer garments over their bodies (when abroad) so that they should be known and not molested" (Quran 33:59).

This is the whole point, modesty is prescribed to protect women from molestation or simply, modesty is protection. Thus, the only purpose of the hijab in Islam is protection.

The hijab, unlike the veil of the Christian tradition, is not a sign of man's authority over woman nor is it a sign of woman's subjection to man. The hijab, unlike the veil in the Jewish tradition, is not a sign of luxury and distinction of some noble married women. In Islam the hijab is a sign of modesty which safeguards the personal integrity of women. The Quran strongly emphasizes the protection of women's reputation and condemns men to be severely punished if they falsely accuse a woman of unchastity:


He didn't say tell ur wives or women of ur family members!!
__________________

__________________
  #22  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:29 AM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25
Why do people always have to relate Queen Rania and religion together, is Rania like our Queen Elizebeth (shes the head of our church) also head of some islamic instituations??! Jordans royal family dont wear or will never wear the Hijab then why do people always pick on Queen Rania, what about the rest of them?? Did Noor wear one, or Queen Alia??
were not picking on her cuz she's not wearing it, but she's discussing that it is not required in Islam, QN didn't even go there, noone has, she's the only one.
__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
we're not judging her and its true she is entitled to her own opinion,she can think whatever she wants but not spread her opinions as facts about Islam.
Well that should apply to 99% of scholars of Islam as well then as that's exactly what they've done. Interpreted the Qu'ran and spread their own opinions as fact.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #24  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:30 AM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25
Why do people always have to relate Queen Rania and religion together, is Rania like our Queen Elizebeth (shes the head of our church) also head of some islamic instituations??! Jordans royal family dont wear or will never wear the Hijab then why do people always pick on Queen Rania, what about the rest of them?? Did Noor wear one, or Queen Alia??
were not picking on her cuz she's not wearing it, but she's discussing that it is not required in Islam, QN didn't even go there, noone has, she's the only one.
She's relating herself to Islam,not us, that's what were talking about what does she relate herself to Islam, she is a muslim and she probably (as she said) perform the fundementals of Islam but why is she discussing the issue of hijab?
__________________
  #25  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:31 AM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Well that should apply to 99% of scholars of Islam as well then as that's exactly what they've done. Interpreted the Qu'ran and spread their own opinions as fact.
There are certain rules for ijtihad (interpretation)...
__________________
  #26  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
http://www.islamicity.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=IC0301-2178
Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty...And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms..." (Quran 24:30,31).

The Quran is quite clear that the veil is essential for modesty, but why is modesty important? The Quran is still clear:

"O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women that they should cast their outer garments over their bodies (when abroad) so that they should be known and not molested" (Quran 33:59).

This is the whole point, modesty is prescribed to protect women from molestation or simply, modesty is protection. Thus, the only purpose of the hijab in Islam is protection.

The hijab, unlike the veil of the Christian tradition, is not a sign of man's authority over woman nor is it a sign of woman's subjection to man. The hijab, unlike the veil in the Jewish tradition, is not a sign of luxury and distinction of some noble married women. In Islam the hijab is a sign of modesty which safeguards the personal integrity of women. The Quran strongly emphasizes the protection of women's reputation and condemns men to be severely punished if they falsely accuse a woman of unchastity:


He didn't say tell ur wives or women of ur family members!!
Thank you for your article, I've used that site before so I've read that article already. Where does it say a woman must cover her hair? Specifically? It talks of modesty which is something different. There is no specific reference to hair anywhere. The word hijab itself is only mentioned 7 times in the Qu'ran and never once in the context of a head covering.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #27  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:32 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
There are certain rules for ijtihad (interpretation)...
Thanks, but I'm well aware of that.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #28  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:34 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
DEERFIELD - In an oasis of American prosperity, King Abdullah II Al bin Hussein of Jordan spoke yesterday at Deerfield Academy of those living in desperation around the world.
"In my own region, too many lives for too many years have been shortened by violence and hopelessness," he said at the private school's 207th commencement ceremony.
"No person, no nation, can ignore the hopes of others around the world," he said.
LINK
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #29  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
Amman, May 28 (Petra)— Chairman of Universal Federation for Peace Michael Jenkins praised Jordan's role, under the leadership of His Majesty King Abdullah II, to achieve peace and security in the region.
LINK
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #30  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Nad25's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
were not picking on her cuz she's not wearing it, but she's discussing that it is not required in Islam, QN didn't even go there, noone has, she's the only one.
She's relating herself to Islam,not us, that's what were talking about what does she relate herself to Islam, she is a muslim and she probably (as she said) perform the fundementals of Islam but why is she discussing the issue of hijab?
To me Shes explaining to people who dont know what the hijab means. People in the west dont know much about Islamic traditions and shes was only answering questions that shes been asked frequently. Sorry for going off the topic.
__________________
''The feeling remains that God is on the journey, too." - Saint Teresa of Avila.
  #31  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:40 AM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Thank you for your article, I've used that site before so I've read that article already. Where does it say a woman must cover her hair? Specifically? It talks of modesty which is something different. There is no specific reference to hair anywhere. The word hijab itself is only mentioned 7 times in the Qu'ran and never once in the context of a head covering.
AL jyoub in Islam are the chest and neck and Al-jelbab is what covers their bodies in a way that if strange men saw them they can't see what's hidden under their garments , La yesef wla yashef (doesn't describe their bodies or show whats under it).
Listen I am no expert in Islam and I do admit that I am week when it comes to providing people with hujjah's or links to support the requirement of Hijab, maybe I should e-mail sheikh Hamzah Usif and ask him to write me in details and then I'll post it here.
why don't u guys e-mail him? He's so much of a help and them we can all discuss.
__________________
  #32  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:42 AM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Thanks, but I'm well aware of that.
this is my reply to u whenu said this "Interpreted the Qu'ran and spread their own opinions as fact." so they don't spread theor own opinions for the fun of it, they CANT spread their opinions if they weren't based on certain rules!
__________________
  #33  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:44 AM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25
To me Shes explaining to people who dont know what the hijab means. People in the west dont know much about Islamic traditions and shes was only answering questions that shes been asked frequently. Sorry for going off the topic.
That is exactely my point, as the west doesn't know about Islam and hijab they will take what QR says as granted, as she's representing an arabic and Islamic country thats why I think she should be careful of what she tells the west, because they will take what she says as a fact, well actually they already took it for a fact!
__________________
  #34  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
this is my reply to u whenu said this "Interpreted the Qu'ran and spread their own opinions as fact." so they don't spread theor own opinions for the fun of it, they CANT spread their opinions if they weren't based on certain rules!
Wehther they are able to or not doesn't stop people from spreading their own opinions as fact. The recent "dress code" rules in Iraq are an example of this.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #35  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:56 AM
Nad25's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
That is exactely my point, as the west doesn't know about Islam and hijab they will take what QR says as granted, as she's representing an arabic and Islamic country thats why I think she should be careful of what she tells the west, because they will take what she says as a fact, well actually they already took it for a fact!
I dont think she says somthing out of her own book, shes a muslim woman whos modern yet in an traditional way, has storng personality and respects her arab and muslim traditions. She explains why some mulsim women choose to wear the hijab or not. Its every ones own choice thats what i get from Queen Ranias point of view. I have a lot of muslim female friends who choose not to wear the hijab and say its their own choice, is that wrong??
__________________
''The feeling remains that God is on the journey, too." - Saint Teresa of Avila.
  #36  
Old 05-29-2006, 09:17 AM
suria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by clymène
Suria, I'm sorry, but al salat (the prayer) is one of the five fundamental practises in islam, not the veil!!!!!
Secondly, if you say who is rania to talk the way she does about islma, you would certainly admit with me that the opinion of these arab singers does not matter and may not have more importance than rania's!!!

Rania is Muslim by name, if she said that so she know nothing about Islam.

do u ask your self why we wear Al Hijab if its not a must , what is the aim of it if Allah didn't ask us to wear , why their is many Muslim women all over the world wear it. why the huge issue in France about Al Hijab , what make those women cry to let them wear Al Hijab in France if its not a must what make them be in that situation.

Al Hijab distinguish the Muslim women from the others and to protect us.

i will tell from where Al Hijab came and i am very humble muslim and doesn't has any problem with my religion unlike Rania..

when the prophet came the Muslim stayed 3 years without Hijab , and when Allah asked us to wear it , it didn't come from nothing , there was a huge problem happened with 3a'asheh Mohammad's wife, there was people who pretended that they are Muslim said that 3a'sheh betrayed Mohammad while she was his wife and the most noble woman on the planet. Mohammad didn't take any attitude and waited till Allah told him she is guiltless and what was told about her was laying. and this was mentioned in Qur'an in Al Noor , and Allah taught us all what we need to protect our society from Al Zena and other things , and one of its lines , that Allah asked women to wear Al Hijab ... and all Muslim women after this were wearing it. ( like how Al Kohol was allowed and then was forbidden) this is a part of the truth Islam and my 11 years sister knows that and Rania the queen of as arab country doesn't know .

just a question if Al Hijab is not a must why Rania when she visits Al kA'ABEH or when she goes to visit graves or mosques wear it .

and anything our Islam asked us to do we are proud to do it , not hide in our clothes and think that Islam is not modest enough and don't meet our demands, on the contrary Islam is deeper than what Rania thinks.

no body ask Rania to wear it and we don't judge her because she doesn't , but she should save sometime to learn about Islam than following style and fashion .

i think Rania answered this way to increase her popularity in the west. and to be under the spot.


and when i mentioned dancers i didn't mean that i follow them or that i care about what they say , but i think they respect our Islam more than Rania at least they don't speake to west about their own Islam.
__________________
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
  #37  
Old 05-29-2006, 09:20 AM
suria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by salwa
As much as I adore Princess Haya:p , but she chose to wear headscarf whenever it suits her , when she visits UAE functions she chose to wear t with Thoubs , and when she goes to Ascot she wears western dresses and the skinny riding pants which shows all her figures details , all royal Jordanian family members do not wear scarf ,that if we are talking to sticking to what ISlam had said about dress code …

I do not wear veil, but i do not dictate others and judge them and label tehm according to their clothes..

I can't hear anyone criticizing them with the same passion and energy devoted to Queen Rania

She is entitled to her own opinion ..

Allah a3lam bennawaya and god is the only ne who is entitled to judge any ..
Mesh e7na elli ben7aseb el 3abed w ben7akmo ..

As someone ocnce said to me we are not schollars and not Mashaye'7 but yet i see and hear people who are more Azhari than Azhar mahsaye'7 and chose to speak about Rania nd leave others , but one might ask , being a muslim just like many here ..how true we are toIslam teaching ..not in words but deeds and behaving ? are we better than Rania or others or are we worse ? on what scale do we measure? or praying , hajj and other Islami pillars ? is it enough to do these things as acts only? How can people really know or judge what really goes in our minds and hearts " intents =neyyeh"? No one is to judge others and leave the rest , if so then silence is better than subjecting one person to our laws and forgetting others including our self...
please we are not just talking about Rania to talk , she is the one who out her self in this ...
__________________
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
  #38  
Old 05-29-2006, 09:22 AM
suria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
Milton Viorst: Do you have a position on the hejab?
King Hussein: My personal position is that there are certain rules that are cited in the Quran and refer only to the family of the Prophet. But, more important than the hejab, I am totally against the idea that a Muslim woman should not have the same opportunities as a Muslim man to learn, to open up, to work, help shape the future. To close Islam down to a sexist approach is totally intolerable and ridiculous. It's not Islam.

and If u meant this, I dun see what ur talking about!
wow and isn't KH and his family from the prophet family
__________________
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
  #39  
Old 05-29-2006, 09:27 AM
suria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25
To me Shes explaining to people who dont know what the hijab means. People in the west dont know much about Islamic traditions and shes was only answering questions that shes been asked frequently. Sorry for going off the topic.
she explain it in wrong way , i wish to know what is her sources , KH ????who is the one who told her that.
__________________
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
  #40  
Old 05-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Wow, a full on religious row on TRF!
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Bhumibol & Queen Sirikit current events: Feb 2006- Mandy Royal Family of Thailand 252 08-26-2014 12:34 PM
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 8: December 2005 - Feb. 2006 Elsa M. Current Events Archive 190 03-01-2006 04:52 PM
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 7: November - December 2005 Anna_R Current Events Archive 175 12-31-2005 06:21 AM
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 6: September - November 2005 Elsa M. Current Events Archive 183 11-18-2005 06:20 AM
King Abdullah & Queen Rania- News & Photos VIII Lyonnaise Current Events Archive 111 09-09-2005 12:42 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman palace poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]