King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current News, Part 16

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
madonna23 said:
are they seriously showing it all on al-jazeera??? wow... ;)
Al-Jazeera Live, it's a part of Al-jazeera network but it's not the news channel.

Yea I jsut saw a bit of the celebrations, I didn't see QR, only KA, I saw shiekha Mozah of Qatar though...

lil Monkey said:
Yea I jsut saw a bit of the celebrations, I didn't see QR, only KA, I saw shiekha Mozah of Qatar though...

may i ask where do u watch the celebrations ? is it a link online :) thanks

Amman, June 12 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II received a cable of congratulations from Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz on the occasion of His Majesty's accession to the throne.
LINK

Amira said:
may i ask where do u watch the celebrations ? is it a link online :) thanks
I saw a lil bit of it on Al-jazeera live (not the news channel),they said Hashem, Rayah anD Aysha were with the king, I saw them just now on the news, Hashem looked amazing mashallah...

I never saw this old pic of QR, she looks so different.
search.pp

Abu Dhabi: President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has received from King Abdullah II of Jordan a letter dealing with bilateral ties and latest developmentsin the region.
LINK

function doCorpInfoSearch(corpInfoDictStr){corpInfoDictWin=window.open('/cm/?corpSelect=cName&searchType=company&corpQuery=' + corpInfoDictStr + '&cHName=' + corpInfoDictStr ,'corpInfoDictWin');corpInfoDictWin.focus(); } AMMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania hosted the second joint annual meeting of the World Links Arab Region (WLAR) Advisory Council and Board of Directors at the Dead Sea on Monday.

Discussions covered the regional progress of World Links, a global learning network linking teachers and students via the Internet for collaborative projects, which allows them to develop education-focused resources and share their knowledge, perspectives, hopes and dreams with their peers.

"World Links' wires currently extend across much of the region... from Jordan, Syria, and Yemen and beyond... and several more countries have expressed interest in joining our neighbourhood network of knowledge," Queen Rania said.
LINK

Council reviews regional progress of World Links

AMMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania hosted the second joint annual meeting of the World Links Arab Region (WLAR) Advisory Council and Board of Directors at the Dead Sea on Monday.

Discussions covered the regional progress of World Links, a global learning network linking teachers and students via the Internet for collaborative projects, which allows them to develop education-focused resources and share their knowledge, perspectives, hopes and dreams with their peers.

“World Links’ wires currently extend across much of the region... from Jordan, Syria, and Yemen and beyond... and several more countries have expressed interest in joining our neighbourhood network of knowledge,” Queen Rania said.
WLAR was launched in 2003 and is expected to extend to Palestine, Lebanon, and Saudi Arabia soon.

To date, WLAR has reached 600 schools, 3,450 teachers and 440,000 students with plans to reach five million Arab youth by 2010.
Jordan Times

King Abdullah and Prince Hashem at the Thai King's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Pictures from the second banquet, June 13 (taken from the Diamond Jubilee thread) originally posted by purple_platinum and Larzen.

Departure from Thailand

I've been looking for pictures of the King's sisters at the celebrations but haven't found any.

I would happy to be of any assistance , am a Jordanian you know and would like to ask her " Sherifa" what real Jordanian does she means ?! Born and raised here for the past 29 years and i assure you that as a Real Jordanian , surrounded by other Real Jordanian " Palestenian origin and East Jordanians" are aware of what is going on here and we appreaciate her majesty efforts ...but as all know ..there will be those who wouldn't like you no matter what you do ..the'll go on like this and at the same time while whining about teh queen wouldn't make any effort to make a change or contrebute to any development efforts in our country:rolleyes: ...

Little_star said:
the conference has only just finished, how can you possibly expect results yet?!

Are you suggesting my friends are fake Jordanians?

Last edited:
interview with queen rania (Washington life magazine)
At 35, Her Majesty has a world of experience behind her ... and a world of expectations ahead

She's a queen who admits to zoning out in front of the TV while watching her favorite shows, Desperate Housewives and 24. On the weekends, she and her husband cook on the barbeque grill in their palace garden and watch movies. "Being Queen is not who I am, but what I do," she recently told Oprah Winfrey. Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan is showing the world a new face of Arab women and it's perhaps the most beautiful face in the world. After meeting Jordan's royal couple, King Abdullah bin Al-Hussein and Queen Rania, at a private lunch hosted at their palace in Amman in honor of Catherine and Wayne Reynolds, I began an email exchange with the Queen for Washington Life magazine.
During our exchanges, she was in the midst of a fourday working trip to three U.S. cities to promote cross-cultural understanding between U.S. and Arab youth and children. One of those stops was here in Washington, where she was the honored guest alongside First Lady Laura Bush at the Mosaic Foundation 9th Annual Benefit Dinner to raise money for a new Arab-language Sesame Street program...

http://www.washingtonlife.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Reeda2000 for the article, I really want to see their new palace, we used to see all kind of pictures while they were still living in the old one, but I guess now they're being careful in this matter.

salwa said:
I would happy to be of any assistance , am a Jordanian you know and would like to ask her " Sherifa" what real Jordanian does she means ?! Born and raised here for the past 29 years and i assure you that as a Real Jordanian , surrounded by other Real Jordanian " Palestenian origin and East Jordanians" are aware of what is going on here and we appreaciate her majesty efforts ...but as all know ..there will be those who wouldn't like you no matter what you do ..the'll go on like this and at the same time while whining about teh queen wouldn't make any effort to make a change or contrebute to any development efforts in our country:rolleyes: ...

Many people and many countries donate time and money and give assistance to Jordan - America being one of the biggest donors.

Thanks for the pictures of the King and his siblings at the Thai celebrations. Raiyah and Aisha both look really nice.

Amman, June 14, (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II returned home on Wednesday following a two-day visit to Thailand during which he joined world leaders in Thai monarch Bhumibol Aduluadej's celebrations of his 60th anniversary of accession to the throne.
LINK

We've reached 13 pages now, so it's time for a new thread, which can be found here.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this discussion.

See you at the new thread! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom