The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 06:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
well ofcourse people knew her, inside Jordan.
You would'nt expect her to be known internationally.
She just wasn't in the senior position she is in now. Her husband wasn't even Crown Prince at the time.
but i know a lot of princes and princess who arn't crown prince ....... buy ther charity work or something else and they are famous in alla the world i think like haya before marring mo and princess badiaa prince ali hamza pricess aisha why not rania when she was princess what's was her job

Old 08-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Saying that nobody knew Rania before she became Queen is a pretty sweeping statement.

Haya may have been well-known before her marriage, but it wasn't for charity work as you suggested but for the fact that she was something of a novelty being an Arab princess who was into show-jumping. Even then it was fairly select people who knew of her (ie. those who followed Royalty). I've followed the JRF for years and can honestly say I hadn't heard of Princess Badiya in any real context until she got married (although I was aware that she was one of Hassan's children). The same applies to Hamzah, how well-known was he before he became Crown Prince?

Rania could have very easily chosen to maintain a very easy working life, like somebody like Lalla Salma for example who doesn't have alot of work commitments. However after she became Queen she obviously didn't want to do that. Either way she wouldn't have any of her current patronages/profile if she didn't have the support of her husband who clearly doesn't have a problem with her work schedule.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suPeRgiRL!
Who's that guy in the back holding Queen Rania's white Prada bag? Her lady-in-waiting or her bodyguard? And does Queen Rania have her own lady-in-waiting? I've never seen one as long as I can remember..
Maybe he is her gentleman-in-waiting.

It was too good to be true...
Old 08-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Aristocracy

^^It's hearsay to say that people who don't show up on medias have a very easy working life,because nobody knows what they do or not behind what medias present us,because in the other hand,anybody could have very easily chosen to maintain a very active and present image on medias,and I think everybody know what's the power of medias to MAKE a person.

The point is that Rania is getting popular sure,but it's a part of the mediatisation machine she had choose "maybe" or which had been choosen for her,and that she's shining over all royal women because of her "natural grace and beauty" it's just ridiculous with all the respect I have to each one's opinions,because if so,nobody had been dazzeled by her before she was made a queen.

I believe that it's the popularity which makes dazzling and shinning.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Saying that nobody knew Rania before she became Queen is a pretty sweeping statement.

Haya may have been well-known before her marriage, but it wasn't for charity work as you suggested but for the fact that she was something of a novelty being an Arab princess who was into show-jumping. Even then it was fairly select people who knew of her (ie. those who followed Royalty). I've followed the JRF for years and can honestly say I hadn't heard of Princess Badiya in any real context until she got married (although I was aware that she was one of Hassan's children). The same applies to Hamzah, how well-known was he before he became Crown Prince?

Rania could have very easily chosen to maintain a very easy working life, like somebody like Lalla Salma for example who doesn't have alot of work commitments. However after she became Queen she obviously didn't want to do that. Either way she wouldn't have any of her current patronages/profile if she didn't have the support of her husband who clearly doesn't have a problem with her work schedule.
What relation beteween lalla salma and Popularity of rania why there alawys Insisting to Compare the two lady lalla salma is lalla salma and rania still rania
There is difference between them they Belongs to a different country with a differente Traditions and let me to tell you that lalla salma wasn't a princess before her marriage and after she did she don't got a big popularity and for me i like that i don't want that morocco be famous just because the king wife is lalla salma
Old 08-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia
What relation beteween lalla salma and Popularity of rania why there alawys Insisting to Compare the two lady lalla salma is lalla salma and rania still rania
I used her as an example, as out of most of the female Arab Ruler's wives she's the one who sticks as not having as much to do as others . With the exception of the Saudis and possibly Oman.

Quote:
There is difference between them they Belongs to a different country with a differente Traditions
Very true, however Salma has 2 hardworking and high-profile sister in laws who have done a great job promoting their country for years. Suggesting that she is barred by traditional constraints and society doesn't seem to wash when you take into account how active they are.

Quote:
and let me to tell you that lalla salma wasn't a princess before her marriage
Neither was Rania, unless you know something the rest of the world doesn't?

Quote:
and after she did she don't got a big popularity and for me i like that i don't want that morocco be famous just because the king wife is lalla salma
Good for you. If she carried on the way she does, Morocco isn't likely to become famous as a result of her works anyway.

Anyway, this is completely offtopic so if you want to carry on discussing this I suggest you send me a PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Yes, comparisons of Rania and Lalla Salma are off topic. Thank you Little Star.

Please back to the Current Event and News of the King and Queen of Jordan.

Thank you.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
well ofcourse people knew her, inside Jordan.
You would'nt expect her to be known internationally.
She just wasn't in the senior position she is in now. Her husband wasn't even Crown Prince at the time.
well,I didn't know her and I didn't even know any of the princes,except for Ali, he was so popular, we knew KH had 5 sons but we rarely saw them.
So whoever said that QR wasn't popular when she was a princes is right.
I never knew how Hamzah and Hashem looked till I saw them a few days before KH's death at Al-Hussien Medical center.
We knew Rashed more than we knew KH's sons
Old 08-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star

This is not true Little star. Are u Jordanian? well, I am Jordanian, u may think I am a bit too young to have taken notice if any of the princes/princesses being mentioned in the news or newspapers, they probably were mentioned but people cared more about KH and Prince Hassan's news more than they cared about KH's sons news, this is a fact, I remember people cud hardly tell Hamzah from Hashem from Ali back in 1999 and people started recognizing them at the pan arab games (July-August 1999), they knew Ali was QA's Son because she was soooooo popular and everyone loved her and loved Haya and Ali because of her without even knowing much about them...The most popular were Ali and Haya.

but again, We didn't know much about KA or his wife we knew she was from Pal.Origins but nothing more.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Aristocracy

Many years ago,I had an Arab/Israeli friend from Palestinian origins,her paternal family used to live in Jordan,and used to go there,she told me that the king then Hussein was married many time,and he has a son from his british wife,this one was married,but they didn't know anything about his wife,and what she looked like,and she also told me that king Hussein had queen Alia from Palestinian origins as a third wife,and she was very popular and loved in Jordan,and Jordanians would like to have her son as a future king.

I knew about Queen Noor,because she was very popular in western medias then and Sweden as she has some swedish origins,but also I knew about Princess Haya through her horses competitions.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

There were people, both in and outside Jordan, who knew Rania before she became Queen
There were also people, in and outside Jordan, who knew nothing whatsoever about her before that happened.
Many people expressed their views and memories, thus I think we can consider this discussion done.
Could we now be back to King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events?
Thank you for cooperation
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Its time for a new thread, which can be found King Abdullah and Queen Rania, Current News and Pictures, Part 19

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread