King Abdullah and Queen Rania, Current News and Pictures, Part 18

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who live in Asia and got a StarWorld Channel, this week's sunday's Oprah will feature Queen Rania.
It's a repeat from last May's interview.
It will be on this Sunday (6 August 2006) on 7 PM (GMT +7)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Isn't that the Queen's mom with her in the last pictures from Petra? (she's sitting on Rania's right)

ps...madonna's right. Here's the Laha link where you can find that lovely picture:
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/06-2006/299Interview01.pdf

btw Godiva, I made your avatar (and salma's and snowwhite's):blush:

Thank´s Humera for the link:flowers:

Yes is her mum.
Your avatars are fantastic, Thank´s:wub:

So her mother is the lady in the beige blouse on Rania's right, I think I have seen her before in other pictures. I have a feeling Rania is close to her mother.

I think she has a sister but I must admit I don't think I have ever seen a picture of her either.

Does she have a brother aswell?

And is her father a doctor?

I guess this isn't the thread to be talking about her family but I was just curious.

And the avatars you created are lovely Humera - thank you. Rania really does look very vibrant in that picture Godiva has, full of life.

Last edited:
I agree. The stress on KA and QR must be very trying right now. I'm sure it's weighing on them even in their private moments. What was it QN and KH said about being rulers? "It's night and day....dreaming it even when you're sleeping...."

Queen Rania on VF 'Fashion Icon List'

she's on Vanity Fair August edition, i'll try to scan the pic when I get my subscription:)

snowwhite said:
Does she have a brother aswell?

Yes, I believe she does.

snowwhite said:
And is her father a doctor?

Yeah, I read that he is a doctor. I don't know if he pratices though.

Hope that answered your questions.:)

Thank you for answering my questions Laraib.

And I will definitely buy the latest Vanity Fair.

I knew that it is the issue detailing who they think are the most stylish people in the world.

It comes as no surprise to me that Rania is somewhere on that list, she always looks so immaculate and composed and her style sense has really been honed over the last few years.

She looks like a woman who is finally comfortable in the clothes she chooses and the style she has naturally and also learned along the way.

Lamyah said:
she's on Vanity Fair August edition, i'll try to scan the pic when I get my subscription:)

Thank´s Lamyah We´re waiting:flowers:

purple_platinum said:
For those who live in Asia and got a StarWorld Channel, this week's sunday's Oprah will feature Queen Rania.
It's a repeat from last May's interview.
It will be on this Sunday (6 August 2006) on 7 PM (GMT +7)

for those living in SE Asia, it's 8pm Phil/Mal and 7pm Ind/Thai. it will have a repeat on the same night at 11pm Phil/Mal. :cool:

I read that Queen Rania's father is a retired pediatrician. He retired only fairly recently--about 2-3 years ago--after a long career caring for children. He'd practiced for nearly 30 years.

Well I don't have a scanner but I have bought the magazine and I can quote you the details:

Vanity Fair have now anointed Rania into their Fashion Hall of Fame!

"Actually, there are very few women who know how to dress," Marcel Proust remarked uncharitably "though some of them are quite wonderful."

Supreme among this year's wonderful few is Kate Moss, who captured the highest number of votes in the women's category. Her closest contender, Queen Rania, pulled in just slightly more than half of Moss's massive tally, Three times anointed, Queen Raiment and Kate the Great now ascent to our clotheshorses' greenest pasture, the Hall of Fame. There they will join fashion thoroughbred's Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis (hasn't Queen Rania been called the "Jackie O of the Middle East?") and Audrey Hepburn.

It then shows a small picture of Rania - the one were she is at the Elysee Palace, wearing a beige skirt with pleats on the bottom, beige shoes, a black blouse and very cute black hand clasp bag and she is turning and smiling at the camera and her long hair is flowing down her back - she really looks so smart in that picture, stunning as ever.

The article specifically on her says:

Residence: Amman, Jordan
Personal Style: "Mood inspired, It has to feel right that day."
Favourite piece of clothing: "My Juicy tops-the softest, texture-wise, and, most important, long enough."
Favourite jewelry: "Anything by Yan Sicard at Fred."
Favourite Shoes: "Geox, Just seeing my children running free in them makes me love them."
Favourite causes: "Finding ways to bridge what I call the "hope gap" - the gap that exists between those in the world who have hope, opportunity and choice and those who don't."

I like her last quote - she said something similar on Oprah recently.

I must admit I have never heard of Yan Sicard, Geox or Juicy - and I thought I was quite into fashion, obviously not as much as I thought.

The magazine is quite interesting this month, if you like fashion.

Last edited:
snowwhite you did a great job , thanx for sharing the article with us .

yes thank you snowwhite..
btw, that outfit you described (beige/brown skirt and black top worn during a visit to the Elysee) is one of my favourite day outfits Queen Rania has ever worn.

I just love that outfit Humera, glad we agree.

It just is so well put together, the colours, her clutch bag is just perfect and she has a lovely smile on her face as she's walking. If she has advisors then they do a fantastic job. Although I think she seems to be a woman who knows what looks good on her now without someone having to tell her.

I love her smile, when you see certain "celebrities" like Victoria Beckham with this permanent pout on their faces - under some misguided impression it makes them look either mysterious or sexy (it does neither). You appreciate someone like Rania who uses what she has naturally to win admirers - a beaming smile.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
yes thank you snowwhite..
btw, that outfit you described (beige/brown skirt and black top worn during a visit to the Elysee) is one of my favourite day outfits Queen Rania has ever worn.

Humera Can you post any pic of this outfit? I can´t remember what outfit is:neutral:
Thank´s:flowers:

no problem salma, this is the outfit: (worn in 2003) picture from corbis
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/3641/dwf15443072fy4.jpg

Some more pictures from July 25, 2006

CAPTION
Jordan's Queen Rania Al Abdullah assists volunteers packing and preparing supplies for Lebanon, in Amman, Jordan, on July 25, 2006. Photo by Balkis Press/ABACA

Yes that is the outfit!

The picture they posted though was a side on view of her walking and her head is turned towards the camera.

Really great outfit, colouring really suits her.

Although I'm not sure what actually wouldn't suit her! She wears everything so well.

Rarely does she make an error IMO.

From Petra:

Queen Rania Al Abdullah Expresses Jordanians Sorrow over the situation in Lebanon and Gaza

Amman, Aug. 8 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah met on Tuesday with president and members of the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organization (JHCO), which is tasked with receiving assistance provided by citizens and private and public institutions to support the Lebanese and the Palestinian peoples.

The Queen stressed that the Jordanian people feel sorrow over the situation in Lebanon and Gaza, pointing to the killing and the destruction caused by the Israeli aggression there...

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Aug/08/13000.htm

Last edited:
Austrianna..thanks for the pictures.

And I am going to go on record right now...NO COMMENTS about the Lebanon conflict.

I don't know maybe I missed something, but did the Queen and the King go on vacation with their kids this summer? Thanks.:)

King Abdullah and Queen Rania in Helsinki. PROFIMEDIA

She looks great as usual.

Unusual white shirt - with it tied around the front?

Quite a simple outfit, quite casual in a way.

Laraib said:
I don't know maybe I missed something, but did the Queen and the King go on vacation with their kids this summer? Thanks.:)
no they didnt, obviously because of what's happening in the Middle East at the moment.

Another picture from Petra

Jordan's King: Europe Has Role In Ending Mideast Strife
Article

Queen urges citizens to assist Lebanese, Palestinians
Article

King Receives Phone Call from Italian Prime Minister

Amman, Aug. 10 (Petra) – The Middle East crisis because of the Israeli aggression on Lebanon was discussed during a phone call between His Majesty King Abdullah II and Italian Prime Minister Romano Prodi. Petra

Jordan's king fears for Mid-East

King Abdullah of Jordan has criticised the international community for only offering a piecemeal way of dealing with the crises in the Middle East.

He said an overall strategy was lacking and he feared for the region's future. In a BBC interview, the king urged key Western nations to listen to the views of Arab countries on Lebanon's future. BBC News

the above interview was conducted in Amman...the article above has a video link to the interview as well.

Thank´s for the pics. Rania is beautiful!

Alexandria said:
As I recall, at previous occasions for Sandhurst events Rania has never worn a hat either. My memory may be fuzzy but I can think of two previous occasions: One when Hashem graduated and Noor wore a white jacket with a brown fur-trimmed hat and a second time when Rania was pregnant and she wore a dark blue, almost denim-coloured long jacket. Does anyone else recall these events?

you're right, Queen Noor wore a winter hat, coat and gloves that one time, most probably due to the cold weather (everyone else was bundled up too) since she never wore a hat on the other two occassions (for Iman and Hashem's grad).
Infact I recall other Jordanian royal ladies like Haya and Aisha at these events and they never wore hats either.

King Inspects Three Major Economic Establishments

Amman, Aug. 13 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II affirmed, during a visit to three major economic establishments, optimism over Jordan's economic future as well as his confidence in the strategies of these establishments and their role in serving the society, particularly in achieving economic and social development.

The remarks came during a meeting with President of the Board of Directors and Director General of the Arab Bank Abdul Hamid Shuman and members of the board, at the opening of the new building of the bank, which celebrates its 76th anniversary. Petra

Pictures from Petra

Some more pictures from Sandhurst (Wenn)

King Receives Sudanese Ambassador
Picture from Petra

King receives heads of Parliamentary committees and blocks

Amman, 14 Aug. (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday reaffirmed that the decisions and resolutions of We Are All Jordan require from all the government, deputies and senators to act as one team in order to hammer it out to existence through accomplishing the needed laws and legislation that would meet the aspirations of the Jordanian people. Petra
Pictures from Petra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom