The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

There was a brief appearance by Queen Rania on Oprah yesterday, the show was about the threats of terrorism.
Here's an excerpt and picture from the show's website:

What worries Jordan's Queen Rania?

"I find that there is one overarching problem that's fundamental and that's common to all of the issues that we're facing today—that is the 'hope gap,'" Queen Rania says. "The gap between people who feel that if they work hard, they have a chance of bettering their lives, and those who actually feel that they are just condemned to a life of needlessness and hopelessness. A person who's hurting halfway around the globe, his pain is eventually going to affect me."

"I think it makes these people who feel that way more vulnerable to extremist views. They're easy to influence because they feel that they have nothing to live for and, therefore, nothing to lose. It's not enough to just tell people that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not enough just to show them the life. We have to help them find their way towards that light, and I feel that education is a very powerful enabling tool to reach that."

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200601/20060123/slide_20060123_350_206.jhtml

Old 01-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Aristocracy

Hello Humera. So ,she is co-writing a book on youth issues. Sounds interesting. Are we going to be able to get it here in Canada ???? I am reading Queen Noor's book. Leap of Faith. It's pretty good. Did anyone read the November issue of People in 2005 on Queen Rania and King Abdullah. This might be old news to you all, but I just came across it. It was great. Rania is a Desperate Housewives devotee. The article covered alot of questions I was wondering about. She likes a group called Coldplay!! Anyone know who they are??????? Hey, She like Norah Jones and a few others.....

Old 01-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Aristocracy

Merci, Thanks Humera....
Old 01-25-2006, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia Lisa Remy
Hello Humera. So ,she is co-writing a book on youth issues. Sounds interesting. Are we going to be able to get it here in Canada ???? I am reading Queen Noor's book. Leap of Faith. It's pretty good. Did anyone read the November issue of People in 2005 on Queen Rania and King Abdullah. This might be old news to you all, but I just came across it. It was great. Rania is a Desperate Housewives devotee. The article covered alot of questions I was wondering about. She likes a group called Coldplay!! Anyone know who they are??????? Hey, She like Norah Jones and a few others.....
Hi Claudia,
yes many of us did read the People article. Infact if you have a look at the old King Abdullah and Queen Rania threads, you'll find scans of pictures featured in the article that I made when the magazine came out.
As for Queen Rania's book, it seems to be about international issues regarding the youth, entreprenuers etc, which means it should be available in Canada.
I hope it wont be as difficult to get as her first book, which was only available in Jordan I believe, at least I haven't found it on any websites like amazon. I wonder if they've stopped publishing it altogether. It was given out to school children in Jordan.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the screenshot and excerpt from Oprah, Humera.

I'd heard about the book before and it will be an interesting read, I imagine. Where she gets the time to do everything, I don't know?!

I believe the World Economic Forum started today in Davos, there should be sokme interesting speeche to come!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Nobility

Hey, Humera, do you know if it is possible to find that video on internet?
Old 01-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clymène
Hey, Humera, do you know if it is possible to find that video on internet?
no, I dont think so. I've searched Oprah's website already.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Peres to Meet With King Abdullah
08:20 Jan 26, '06 / 26 Tevet 5766

(IsraelNN.com) Shimon Peres is scheduled to travel to Jordan on Thursday where he will meet with King Abdullah II.http://www.israelnn.com/news.php3?id=97336
Old 01-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Nobility

ok thanks humera!!
Old 01-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah receive to President of the Senate of Spain

from terra
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	225392  
Old 01-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Peres to Meet With King Abdullah
Quote:
King Stresses that Peace is Strategic Aim</STRONG>
Amman, Jan. 27(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II stressed, during a phone call on Friday with Acting Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, that resuming the peace process in the Middle East should form a strategic aim. The King pointed that the Palestinian people seek for peace, noting that the results of the Palestinian legislative elections should not prevent us from moving towards peace to end conflict and violence in the region. His Majesty had earlier yesterday made a phone call with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas during which the King affirmed the necessity of resuming the peace process to restore rights of the Palestinians.
photo from terra
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	720753595ba20g.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	225512  
Old 01-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Celebrations on King's Birthday
(from petra)

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/27/4893I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/27/4895I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/27/4895I.htm

why no picture of the King? hmm..
Old 01-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
photo from terra
How do members think this open display of 'friendliness' will go down with the Palestinian population in Jordan, especially now Hamas has achieved such a landslide victory in the elections?
Old 01-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz70
How do members think this open display of 'friendliness' will go down with the Palestinian population in Jordan, especially now Hamas has achieved such a landslide victory in the elections?
i honestly don't want to get into political debate. as i see, jordan has always been a mediator between the middle east and western, so we'll just have to see. :)
Old 01-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

As purple_platinum has tried to avoid, I will remind everyone that discussions of politics is against our Forum Posting Rules & Guidelines.

On more than one occasion, threads in the Jordanian forum have been closed because members insisted on bringing poltical topics or figures into discussions.

If King Abdullah or Queen Rania meet with a leader of the Hamas party then pictures can be posted or discussions about that specific meeting (to a limit) can take place. However, a general discussion about the Hamas party is not permitted.

Alexandria
Jordanian Royals Forum Moderator
Old 01-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
maybe we'll see something in the next few days to come. The actual birthday of the King and Prince Hashem is the 30th and by then Queen Rania will be back from Davos. In the past years the King and Queen and their kids attend concerts and other events to celebrate the birthday. Lets hope this year will be the same.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Of course, it's Hashem's first birthday as well
Old 01-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah II of Jordan to speak at Ole Miss

OXFORD, Miss. King Abdullah the Second of Jordan will speak February third at the University of Mississippi.
It will be one of three stops on a visit to the United States that will include a trip to New Orleans to see damage from Hurricane Katrina.
http://www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4420249
Old 01-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

King Condoles Chairman of Kosovo Parliament</STRONG>
Pet0167 4 0103 King Condoles Chairman of Kosovo Parliament For Newspapers Only......... Amman, Jan. 28 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II sent a cable of condolences to Chairman of the Kosovo Parliament Najdat Dassi over the passing of the President of Kosovo Ibrahim Rugova. In his cable, the King expressed his condolences and sympathies to the chairman of parliament and the people of Kosovo over the passing of president Rugova. //Petra// 281256 Local JAN 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/28/30266500.htm
Old 01-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

King Sends Cable to King of Saudi Arabia</STRONG>
Pet0540 4 0080 King Sends Cable to King of Saudi Arabia For Papers Use................. Amman, Jan. 29 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Sunday sent a cable to Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah Ben Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia condoling him over the passing away of Princess Al Anod Bent Saud Ben Abdul Aziz. //Petra//Shniqat 291640 Local JAN 2006
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/29/30308900.htm

The Saudis are incredibly secretive about the female Royals,does anyone know who she was?