King Abdullah & Queen Rania- Current News & Photos XII

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fanletizia said:
King Abdullah in London with Prime Minister Tony Blair

from terra

Oh my God, this photo wth Tony Blair looks comical. Please someone, find an orange box quickly.......:p

Queen Rania visits Madaba
Pictures from Petra

Thanks for the pictures. Humera. What exactly do they relate to?

King meets Deputy Saad Harriri</STRONG>
Pet0847 4 0095 King meets Deputy Saad Harriri for newspapers only =================== London, Feb.1(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II met in London with Lebanese Deputy Saad Harriri for talks on bilateral relations. The two sides reviewed the latest development related to int'l probe into former Lebanese Premier Rafiq Harriri assassination. Wardat/Petra 011822 Local FEB 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/01/30352900.htm

Little_star said:
Thanks for the pictures. Humera. What exactly do they relate to?

you're welcome :)
Here's an article:

Women activists brief Queen on local successes, challenges

MADABA — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Wednesday met with women activists working under the Women's Empowerment for Democracy and Governance Project — MAKANA in Madaba and underlined the importance of their role in addressing problems facing local communities.

Under the MAKANA project, women volunteers help address domestic daily life problems in their areas through listening to local demands and conveying these to officials.

Such problems include the absence of litter containers, insufficient transportation, infrastructure issues, education, environment and poverty.
http://www.jordantimes.com/thu/homenews/homenews1.htm

Rania was on Good Morning America and the video can still be seen (info thanks to magikal rania group)

she will also appear on nightline tonight -

This interview was done today right?. The Queen is wearing the same top that she's wearing in the latest petra pics.

Why she never talks to "good morning Jordan":D ,she's the Queen of Jordan or of UK and USA?

I don't know how many people in Jordan watch north american TV programms and could see their queen talking in GMA?

no no - the interview was done in davos. and you can still see it online at the gma website:

abcnews.go.com/GMA

and if you are usa, you can see her on nightline. nightline also has a website at abc.go.com and i'm sure tomorrow you will see a web video of that too.

the interview is short and she talks more about personal stuff than politics. nothing new - the reporter asks her about coldplay, her son, and how she manages her multiple duties. the full interview will air tonight on nightline.

madonna23 said:
no no - the interview was done in davos. and you can still see it online at the gma website:

abcnews.go.com/GMA

and if you are usa, you can see her on nightline. nightline also has a website at abc.go.com and i'm sure tomorrow you will see a web video of that too.

the interview is short and she talks more about personal stuff than politics. nothing new - the reporter asks her about coldplay, her son, and how she manages her multiple duties. the full interview will air tonight on nightline.

Yes,as usual,many apparitions and no real substence.

Monalisa said:
Why she never talks to "good morning Jordan":D ,she's the Queen of Jordan or of UK and USA?

I don't know how many people in Jordan watch north american TV programms and could see their queen talking in GMA?

Good observation! And before some say there is no Good morning Jordan or something of the sort. Let me tell you this:

"Yawm Jadeed" (Morning Show) is a programme broadcast live
Sat.-Thurs. at 7:00 am(Amman time). It aims to increase public awareness about social issues, health and religion. (I am watching it now:p)

"Yis'id Sabahak" (Friday Morning Show) is a live programme that features various local events across the Kingdom. It also spotlights local talents, artists, and national occasions and accomplishments.

"Sixty Minutes" goes on air every Friday night at 8pm (Amman time). It consists of a detailed news bulletin, and follows up on political and social issues of concern to the community.

Source:
http://jrtv.jo/jrtv/index.php

So, no excuses;) ..And again this proves that rania targets more the western media.

Last edited:
i don't know if it's just me, but i think rania is a picture - rather than video - person. for some reason, i don't find her as attractive in the videos as in the pics. maybe it is just me?

anyway, none of her interviews unfortunetley have carried any substance. but that is not her fault in the least. the trouble is that these western reporters are so caught up in the idea of monarchy and kings and queens that they hesitate to ask real questions. if you've noticed, most of her interviews are quite similar: "the hope gap", "queen is what I do not what I am", etc. etc. so the reporters are asking the same questions unfortunately.

also - they talked at the end that rania said that the monarchy would step aside once jordan was ready for democracy and that abdullah had initiated a 10year plan for that to take place. okay --- talk about rubbish! it's so sad that rania believes that jordan is not ready for democracy. it's even sadder that the reporters believe that jordan will become a democracy under Abdullah.

So there was no seperate interview to Good Morning America.
They only showed a few minutes long clip from the Nightline interview.
She was asked about the Hamas election as well, that seems to be on everyone's mind right now.

I have the same observation before as I said that QR doesn't look the same on photos and on videos or TV:eek:n photos better and on TV not really attractive but very hard faced.

I would love to see her doing an interview with Al-Jazeera or Al-ARabiya - not sure if she has before. Even if she says the same thing, I think it would be interesting to observe.

I would also love to see her doing a serious American/Western interview. GMA or Today Show doesn't really cut it. She's smart, she can handle Davos. Put her on a real political talk show in the west like Charlie Rose or something. And give her real questions.

Also - honestly, was Rania a "business executive"/??? i don't think anyone on the forums or any of the bios say that. so why do the reporters say that??

Executive???kidding,she has a bachelor in business administration and no experience to do such as job.

By the way, when she speaks Arabic, her voice is more masculine for some reason.

A business executive???...Helllllllllllooooooooooo

madonna23 said:
I would love to see her doing an interview with Al-Jazeera or Al-ARabiya - not sure if she has before. Even if she says the same thing, I think it would be interesting to observe.

I would also love to see her doing a serious American/Western interview. GMA or Today Show doesn't really cut it. She's smart, she can handle Davos. Put her on a real political talk show in the west like Charlie Rose or something. And give her real questions.

I do not think she would put herself in such situation. I guess she asks for the questions ahead of time before accepting an interview

madonna23 said:
Very good idea,I would like also to hear her talking "and acting";) as well from an arabic/muslim/ME point of view,and not only having very shallow discussions in some western medias,as she talks always in behalf muslims and arabs:D

By the way,she never did an interview to Al-Jazeera or Al-Arabyia,those TV channels are very serious and have some very good programms to talk deeply about some social and politic issues.

she did ashort one in Dubai last year ...in al-arabya i think..

I have screen caps from the interview but I dont think I want to post them just now as we're on page 10 already.

i was thought Nightline's website had transcripts of their shows but cant seem to find anything at the moment.

At sunday I saw an interviw with the queen she gave in Davos to Becky Anderson. They talked about Rania's education initiatives in Jordan, the Amman bombings and the reaction of the Jordanian people to that events and her trip to Pakistan (no personal questions)..
In my eyes she looked very beautiful. Maybe she gave the impression to be not a too charming person, rather a serious one.

Monalisa said:
Executive???kidding,she has a bachelor in business administration and no experience to do such as job.

i do agree with this statement as QR did not hold any senior positions before marriage and it would be silly to suggest that any young graduate fresh out of college walks into a top job. From what I heard she was a bank teller and did an admin job at Apple - NOT CEO!

I think all these royal imagemakers like to 'be imaginative' when it comes to writing royal CV's, no matter which country they are from.

QR has increased staff at the Queen's office significantly and has some of the best brains in Jordan working for her. She is the mouthpiece, they do the research and collate the info.

King Abdullah listens as U.S. President George W. Bush speaks at the 52nd Annual National Prayer Breakfast in Washington February 2, 2006. King Abdullah is scheduled to give a key note address at a luncheon on Thursday.

from yahoo/ap/reuters

Attachments

• 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 82.jpg
    82.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 245
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom