The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Japanese Ambassador Describes the King's Visit to Japan as Successful</STRONG>
Pet0247 4 0370 Japanese Ambassador Describes the King's Visit to Japan as Successful Amman, Dec. 21 (Petra)--The Japanese Ambassador to Amman Koichi Obata described His Majesty King Abdullah II recent visit to Japan as successful. He also praised its results that will reflect positively on cooperation between the two countries in the various fields. Obata said in a statement to Jordan News Agency, Petra on the occasion of his country National Day, that Japan values and supports the role that Jordan plays under the leadership of His Majesty King Abdullah II on the regional level. The ambassador noted that His Majesty's meetings with the Japanese Emperor and the Japanese prime minister focused on the importance of developing relations between the two countries, putting an end to conflicts, and on outstanding issues on the regional level, particularly in Iraq and Palestine. He said that there are Jordanian and Japanese plans to find alternatives to energy due to the rise in oil prices. " Japanese companies and businessmen were interested in His Majesty invitation to invest in Jordan, particularly in the Amman-Zarqa railway project," Obata added. He also affirmed his country's support to Jordan, particularly in water, health, education and family planning domains. The volume of trade exchange between the two countries stands at $250 million. Jordan's imports from Japan includes vehicles and electronic equipments while its main exports to Japan includes fertilizers. //Petra// 211257 Local DEC 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Dec/21/29609300.htm

Old 12-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

i have 1 question : Have the King & Queen re-schedule their visit to Netherlands?
thanks...

Old 12-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I've asked the same thing, purple_platinum and as far as I know there has been no re-arrangeent yet.
Maybe they're waiting until the New Year to sort something out.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Nobility

Jordan's Queen Rania (R) and her daughter Princess Salma plant a tree at a park in Amman December 19, 2005. The tree was planted in memory of victims killed in the three hotel bombings last November.
From Newscom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rtrlive158605.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	221597   Click image for larger version

Name:	rtrlive158564.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	221598   Click image for larger version

Name:	rtrlive158576.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	221599   Click image for larger version

Name:	rtrlive158594.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	221600  

Click image for larger version

Name:	rtrlive158597.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	221601   Click image for larger version

Name:	rtrlive158598.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	221602   Click image for larger version

Name:	rtrlive158601.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	221603  
Old 12-23-2005, 05:32 AM
Nobility

Wow nice pix!!!! PSalma is going to grow up to be a real beauty!!!
Old 12-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

King Congratulates Christian Community</STRONG>
Pet0137 4 0237 King Congratulates Christian Community Amman, Dec. 25(Petra)-- Deputizing for His Majesty King Abdullah II, President of the Royal Court Salem Turk visited on Sunday heads of the Christian communities at the Greek Orthodox Church congratulating them on the occasion of Christmas celebrations. Turk also conveyed regards of His Majesty King Abdullah II, stressing that values of love and coexistence should prevail amongst religions and humanity. '' Our religion calls for respecting other monotheistic religions,'' Turk added. On the other hand, heads of the Christian communities in Jordan expressed deep thanks and appreciation for His Majesty King Abdullah II over this gesture, which reflects brotherhood between Muslims and Christians in the Kingdom. They also stressed that Jordanians, Muslims and Christians, support efforts of clarifying the aims of Amman Message, pointing that Islam is far from cultures of extremism and terrorism. //Petra// 251740 Local DEC 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Dec/25/29655000.htm
Old 12-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

King Receives US Senator</STRONG>
Pet0644 4 0118 King Receives US Senator For Papers Use Only.................... Amman, Dec. 26 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday received Chairman of the Judicial Committee at the US Congress Senator Arlen Specter. During the meeting, which was attended by Foreign Minister Abdul Ilah Khatib and US Ambassador in Amman David Hale, King and Senator Specter discussed the bilateral ties and the latest political development in the region. //Petra// 261639 Local DEC 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Dec/26/29692700.htm
Picture:
http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Dec/26/4200I.htm
Old 12-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Ayla Oasis to support the Middle East Travel and Tourism Summit - 26/27 February 2006, Jordan

Ayla Oasis Development Co. is creating a world class water front development in the Red Sea city of Aqaba south of Jordan which will dramatically transform Aqaba by creating an additional 17km of seafront from a 235m strip on the Gulf of Aqaba.

Ayla Oasis will be featured at the Middle East Travel and Tourism Summit that will take place in Jordan on 26 and 27 February 2006 under the patronage of His Majesty King Abdullah II.
http://www.ameinfo.com/74767.html
Old 12-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Serene Highness

I am 99% certain they go to regular school in Amman. I have read articles where Queen Rania is picking them up or dropping them off at school. I don't know if the bombings changed things and they now are privately tutored because of security concerns. Somehow, given things QR has said in the past about wanting "normalcy" for her children, I doubt it...but could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Do Rania and Abdullah's children attend school in Amman? Or are they privately tutored?
Old 12-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

"I am 99% certain they go to regular school in Amman. I have read articles where Queen Rania is picking them up or dropping them off at school. I don't know if the bombings changed things and they now are privately tutored because of security concerns. Somehow, given things QR has said in the past about wanting "normalcy" for her children, I doubt it...but could be wrong."

Ah, thank you. I think that most of the other Jordanian Royals (Abdullah, Haya etc.) had their schooling abroad so it's good to see that the new generation is sticking closer to home.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I am 99% certain they go to regular school in Amman. I have read articles where Queen Rania is picking them up or dropping them off at school. I don't know if the bombings changed things and they now are privately tutored because of security concerns. Somehow, given things QR has said in the past about wanting "normalcy" for her children, I doubt it...but could be wrong.
yes a private school in Amman,I think it's new english school
but I heard Hussein studies in London now
Old 12-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

King Visits Army Headquarters</STRONG>
Pet0180 4 0097 King Visits Army Headquarters Amman, Dec. 28 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Jordan Armed Forces visited on Wednesday the General Headquarters of the armed forces where he met with Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Khaled Jamil Sarayreh. The King and General Sarayreh discussed a number of issues of concern to the armed forces. //Petra// 281511 Local DEC 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Dec/28/29736600.htm
Old 12-29-2005, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

King Visits PSD</STRONG>
Pet0568 4 0192 King Visits PSD Amman/Dec.28(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II the supreme commander of the Jordanian Armed Forces on Wednesday visited the Jordanian Public Security Department (PSD) and met with its Director Gen. Mohammad Eittan. The King expressed his confident and pride in the efforts exerted by the PSD personnel and of the security and humanitarian services that the apparatus is presenting to all citizens. The King pointed out to activating the role of police that aims at involving citizens in security process and bridging the mutual confidence and positive cooperation between policeman and citizens to achieve noble values in shouldering responsibility to preserve nation security and its accomplishment. Wardat/perta 281937 Local DEC 2005 
http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Dec/28/29741200.htm
Old 12-31-2005, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

I've never been but my ex husband and my mother went to boarding school--and hated it! That's why I liked the fact QR/KA decided to school their children in Amman so as to be close to home. I know QN said "the only way for the sons and daughters of Kings to be educated on equal footing with others were to send them to boarding school....." but they seem so young to be away from their parents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
yes a private school in Amman,I think it's new english school
but I heard Hussein studies in London now
Old 01-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

King Congratulates President of Cuba</STRONG>
Pet0267 4 0133 King Congratulates President of Cuba For Newspapers Only =================== Amman, Dec. 31 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Saturday sent a cable to President of the Republic of Cuba Fidel Castro congratulating him in his name and on behalf of the Jordanian people and government on the occasion of his country's National Day. The King wished the President continued good health and happiness and the friendly people of Cuba further progress and prosperity. //Petra// 311724 Local DEC 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Dec/31/29778100.htm
Old 01-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

King Congratulates Algerian President</STRONG>
Pet0346 4 0128 King Congratulates Algerian President For Papers only =============== Amman/Dec.31(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II has sent a message to Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika congratulating him in his name and on behalf of Jordanian people and government on the success of the surgery operation he underwent. King wished the Algerian president good health and happiness and the Algerian People further progress, prosperity and quietude. Wardat/Petra 312209 Local DEC 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Dec/31/29778500.htm
Old 01-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

King Congratulates President of Haiti</STRONG>
Pet0290 4 0134 King Congratulates President of Haiti For Newspapers Only =================== Amman, Dec. 31 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Saturday sent a cable to President of Haiti Monsieur Boniface Alexander congratulating him in his name and on behalf of the Jordanian people and government on the occasion of his country's National Day. The King wished the President continued good health and happiness and the friendly people of Haiti further progress and prosperity. //Petra// 311727 Local DEC 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Dec/31/29778000.htm
Old 01-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

King Congratulates Sudanese President</STRONG>
Pet0350 4 0138 King Congratulates Sudanese President For Newspapers Only =================== Amman, Dec. 31 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Saturday sent a cable to President of the Republic of Sudan Omar Hassan Al Bashir congratulating him in his name and on behalf of the Jordanian people and government on the occasion of his country's Independence Day. The King wished the President continued good health and happiness and the brethren Sudanese people further progress and prosperity. //Petra// 311755 Local DEC 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Dec/31/29778400.htm
Old 01-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Khalifa selected Political Personality, Mohammed Economic Personality in poll
(Wam)

2 January 2006

DUBAI — A local opinion poll has selected the President, His Highness Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, as UAE’s Political Personality of the year 2005, and General Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Defence Minister, as the Economic Personality in the UAE, GCC and Arab nations........

The poll named Shaikha Fatima bint Mubarak as the Female Personality on the UAE, GCC and Arab levels, the second place went to Shaikha Moza Al Mosnid, wife of the Amir of Qatar, and to Queen Rania Al Abdullah, wife of the Jordanian monarch, on the GCC and Arab levels, respectively."
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...ion=theuae&col=
Old 01-04-2006, 05:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Apparently Queen Rania is writing a book with, Rick Little, a UN adviser on youth issues. The article is actually about Amr Khaled, the popular preacher but Rania is mentioned a couple of times:

Amr Khaled: Islam's Billy Graham

More popular than Oprah Winfrey, the world's first Islamic television evangelist commands an army of millions of followers

In a tiny house on the West Bank a young Palestinian woman is jogging the length of her hallway and back. Again and again. The pain becomes unbearable. But she keeps going. Eventually she completes two thousand laps. Why? Because Amr said so. He called on young Muslims to get fit, and the woman could find no other safe place to run.
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...icle336386.ece