The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I would also like to know if a woman can be regent or CP or ruler in Jordan? Or if there is a law specifically prohibiting it. Apart from Pakistan's PM Bhutto (sorry, I don't want to mess up her first name with my spelling), I can't think of a ruling woman.
Little_star mentioned other Muslim countries apart from Pakistan that have had female heads of state/government (Indonesia, Bangladesh etc) Infact the developing world, more specifically south and east asia has had more female leaders than the west (Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Phillipines, Sri Lanka etc)
But you're referring to female monarchs right? I dont know about Jordanian law, but there have been Muslim queens in the past, in the early days of Islam.
But then monarchy itself isn't an Islamic concept so I dont buy those who'd use religion to counter the notion of a reigning Queen. There are no kings in Islam either.

Old 11-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
King, Queen host dinner banquet in honor of Duke of Luxembourg</STRONG>

Pet1110 4 0077 King, Queen host dinner banquet in honor of Duke of Luxembourg Only for newspapers Amman/ Nov. 23/ (Petra)-- Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah Wednesday hosted a dinner banquet in honor of Duke of Luxembourg Henry Albert, who is currently on a several-day visit to the Kingdom. Injadat/ Petra 232142 Local NOV 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/23/29029400.htm
Is there any pictures of this?

Old 11-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"Whooops! what is QR wearing? what she's wearing looks weird with the couch's color,"
That sort of blue/green shade is very in fashion right now, but it does clash terribly with the sofa.
yea it does...:o
Old 11-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

Jordan King Urges War Against Militancy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051124/...jordan_cabinet
Old 11-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Queen Rania will attend the Young Arab Leaders annual forum which will take place from December 2-4 in Dubai.
http://www.yaleaders.org/en/upcoming_events.php

Im pretty sure I saw a detailed schedule of the various sessions Queen Rania will be taking part in on the YAL website but I cant find it anymore.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

I finally managed to make my own scans from the latest People magazine article on Queen Rania.

Old 11-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I finally managed to make my own scans from the latest People magazine article on Queen Rania.
thanks a lot for these, Humera! it's very interesting to see the other side of Queen Rania.
btw, is that really her handwriting? what she wrote is quite interesting...
Old 11-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

you're welcome purple platinum.
The writing is obviously Queen Rania's, that's the whole point of including the excerpt from her diary in the article.
I have seen QR's writing/signatures before and its not different from the example from People magazine.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Polfoto 27-11-2005 In this picture release by Jordan's Royal Palace, Jordan's King Abdullah II, fourth from left, front row is pictured with Jordan's new cabinet led by Prime Minister Marouf al-Bakhit, third from left, front row, on Sunday, Nov. 27, 2005, in Amman, Jordan. Jordan's King Abdullah II on Sunday swore in a new Cabinet headed by his former national security chief, who pledged to restore the nation's reputation as a haven of stability in the volatile Mideast following this month's triple suicide attacks in this kingdom's capital, Amman.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP482328_guest.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	217160   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP482333_guest.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	217161   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP482332_guest.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	217162  
Old 11-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I like the picture where she is with her childeren.:)
Old 11-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Nobility

[HTML][The writing is obviously Queen Rania's, that's the whole point of including the excerpt from her diary in the article.
I have seen QR's writing/signatures before and its not different from the example from People magazine./HTML]

I haven't seen QR's handwriting, Humera, but it seems unlikely that that really is a page from her diary. For one thing, why would QR write her personal diary in English? That's not her first language. Secondly, it seems unlikely that QR would hand her diary over to People Magazine.

It may have been a recreation of a "day in the life of Queen Rania", which is a popular literary device, but it's unlikely to literally be a page of her diary. If it is indeed her handwriting, it may be that the diary page was recreated and written by QR herself for the magazine - similar to the photos: staged for the magazine, but similar enough to the reality to please all parties.

Having said all that, I really enjoyed the glimpse (recreated or real) into her life and her feelings towards her children. Thank you for the lovely scans.

I also like that People, a very popular magazine in the US, is bringing this beautiful, Middle Eastern Queen and her message of tolerance, moderation and peace to a broad American audience. I don't think QR and KA are household names for most Americans. I like that Americans are hearing these sentiments from the Muslim leaders (or the wife of a leader to be more accurate) of a Middle Eastern country.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Well eventhough Arabic is Rania's first language, the family actually speak a lot of english at home (as seen in many documentaries). The kids have english speaking nannies.
Like you, ap3, I think it unlikely that the page itself is from QR's diary (which is something very personal). I think she very likely copied the excerpt on a piece of paper and gave it to People to publish.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I think on the picture when you see her writing against an lcd and big panoramic window, you can see she is writing on a yellow pad, similar to the one with diary inscription.
so, yeah, probably she just wrote 'the diary' on that interview and were ask to retold what she experience that day.
anyway, i think it's cute and playful... she seems like a very good mother, wife, sister & daughter in-law, and of course, as queen...
Old 11-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

2 pictures of the 2nd Jordanian Economic Forum:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...4265217746.jpg
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...2047660306.jpg
Old 11-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah honours excelling Arab businessmen Jordan Times - 28/11/2005</B> AMMAN — His Majesty King Abdullah on Sunday inaugurated the 2nd Jordan Economic Forum (JEF), which is organised by the Lebanon-based Al Iktissad Wal Aamal Group.

During the ceremony, in which Her Majesty Queen Rania was also present, the King handed prizes to three excelling Arab businessmen selected as the winners of the group's Life Time Achievement Prize.

Winners included Nasser Kharafi, president of Kuwait's Kharafi Group, Elia Nuqul, chairman and founder of the Amman-based Nuqul Group and the Arab Bank, which was represented by its chairman, Abdul Hamid Shoman.
http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story_...StoryId=115913
Old 11-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

King Patronizes Opening Deliberations of Jordan Economic 2nd Forum</STRONG>
Pet0709 4 0660 King Patronizes Opening Deliberations of Jordan Economic 2nd Forum Amman, Nov. 27 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II, in the presence of Her Majesty Queen Rania, patronized on Sunday the opening of deliberations of Jordan Economic 2nd Forum, which is organized by Lebanese Economy and Business group with the participation of more than 1000 Arab and foreign economic figures. Jordan has been chosen to host the forum for the stability and security it enjoys and procedures to facilitate the Arab and foreign investments. The Group of Economy and Business presented a leadership prize for His Majesty in recognition for his efforts exerted to push the development process forward and for his support for the investors of private sector. Director General of the Group Ra'ouf Abu Zaki said holding the forum in Jordan for the second time proves His Majesty's appreciation for the role of the forum in presenting the Jordanian economy and the special concern His Majesty gives for investment to achieve the sustainable development. "The King's patronage for this forum shows that Jordan is forging a head in its development and is looking forward to be a hub where business and investment can meet, especially that the political, social, security stability are prevailed," Abu Zaki added. Representing the Arab private sector, Baha' Rafiq Hariri said the distinguished gathering came to express support and love for Jordan, King, people and government, and to affirm support for the sustainable development process led by His Majesty King Abdullah. "The Martyred President Rafiq Hariri was an honor guest in the Jordan Economic First Forum 2003. He loved Jordan so much and decided to support its progress," Hariri added. "We are determined to go a head in our projects since Jordan became a hub for tourism and investment and incentive investment climate and policies," he added. President of Jordan Chamber of Commerce Haider Murad said the efforts exerted by His Majesty made Jordan a center for attracting investments and Arab and global enterprises. "The Jordanian citizen perceives the positive results of His Majesty's efforts to build the model Jordan for further progress and prosperity," he said, adding the private sector in Jordan is a strong arm in the development process, and it will continue exerting efforts to improve the investment climate in cooperation with the government to attract more investors. //Petra// 271747 Local NOV 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/27/29091500.htm
Old 11-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

if ( MM_FlashCanPlay ) { document.write(' ') document.write(' ') document.write(' ') document.write(' ') document.write(' ') document.write(' ') document.write('') }else { document.write('') } His Majesty King Abdullah II lays foundation stone for Royal Village in Jordan
Author: Property World Middle East Sunday, November 27, 2005 at 16:26Rating:
Development of the Royal Village, a key component of the second phase of the US$1 billion Royal Metropolis project, is set to start http://phpads.flipcorp.com/adview.ph...:20&n=adeb0a81Signaling the start to the development of the second phase of the US$1 billion Royal Metropolis project in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, His Majesty King Abdullah II laid the foundation stone for Royal Village, a landmark gated residential community, only 15 minutes from the centre of Amman.

Royal Village will offer over 1,000 residential units comprising luxury villas, townhouses and apartments, spread across 468,500 square metres in Marj Al-Hammam, bordering the Dead Sea highway. The development also features a shopping mall catering to both the residents of Royal Village and residents of Southern Amman.

Commenting on the Royal Village development, Mr. Esam Janahi, Chief Executive Officer and Board Member of Gulf Finance House (GFH), the Islamic investment bank that has originated and is financing the Royal Metropolis project in Jordan, said:
http://www.propertyworldme.com/content/html/1098.asp
Old 11-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:

i am wondering that she writes in english!a diary is something - you normally write in your mother tongue - ....

did she write it for the magazine - or is it really her diary?

something like this - it is so hard to believe ...(I am sure she wrote it - but it is hard to believe that it is really from her diary - and not a special entry for a magazine...)
Old 11-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Jordan's King Abdullah (2nd R), his wife Queen Rania (C) and top officials attend the opening ceremony of the second Jordan Economic Forum in Amman November 27, 2005. Hundreds of Arab and foreign business people as well as representatives of finance, investment, economic and tourist firms from 20 countries took part in two-day forum.REUTERS/Ali Jarekji
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	r2047660306.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	217452   Click image for larger version

Name:	r4265217746.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	217453  
Old 11-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

King Patronizes Opening Deliberations of Jordan Economic 2nd Forum

Amman, Nov. 27 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II, in the presence of Her Majesty Queen Rania, patronized on Sunday the opening of deliberations of Jordan Economic 2nd Forum, which is organized by Lebanese Economy and Business group with the participation of more than 1000 Arab and foreign economic figures. Jordan has been chosen to host the forum for the stability and security it enjoys and procedures to facilitate the Arab and foreign investments.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/27/29091500.htm

Picture from Petra: