The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

interesting article about a former chef of the King and Queen, please ignore the obvious misspelling of KA's name

King of Jordan loses out to Los Cristianos

. . . The immediate runaway success of Caracole is undoubtedly due to the return of one of the island’s most celebrated chefs.
Austrian master-chef Armin Hainz recently arrived in Tenerife after 20 months as the personal chef to King Abdhulla and Queen Rainia of Jordan.

“it was work which took me all around the world and gave me some of the most unforgettable experiences of my life,” said the revered gourmet chef, “once it was offered it was something I could not turn down,” he added.

“But my heart was always still here in Tenerife and I longed to open a new restaurant here for all the time I worked in Amman and elsewhere with Abdhulla and Rania. tenerifenews

Israel must quit Arab land to co-exist: king

AMMAN - Jordan’s King Abdullah II urged Israel to end its occupation of Arab land to guarantee peaceful co-existence with the world’s Muslims and warned against a hasty US troop pullout from Iraq, in an interview with AFP on Tuesday.
“Israel, the European states and the United States should realise that the Palestinian issue does not only concern the Palestinians but also has the sympathy of all Muslims from Indonesia to the Maghreb states,” he said. Khaleej Times

Old 04-11-2007, 05:02 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Jordan's king flies to Paris for talks with Chirac
Jordan's king flies to Paris for talks with Chirac - Europe
News

Old 04-11-2007, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah optimistic of ties with Iraq
Press TV
Old 04-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

King Arrives in Paris</STRONG>
Old 04-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Gentry

Thumbs up jordan royal tour

When I finished watching the royal tour I was amazed by king Abdullah, he is so simple that you forget that this man is the king of Jordan. I think he is the first king or leader did something like that he is so smart to view his country like that. I respect his work.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Gentry

God I love that black dress she's wearing at the Unesco event with the sort of puff ball sleeves. Not so sure about the lip liner though - makes her lips look odd.

Never been too keen on lip liner any way if applied too harshly in the wrong place.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:30 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

King returns home after visit to France
News
King condemns terrorist blasts in Algeria
News
Old 04-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Courtier

http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/04-2007/342People01.pdf

Queen Rania on page 1
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/04-2007/342People03.pdf

It was too good to be true...
Old 04-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera
I wouldn't worry too much as I doubt the look is permanent. You can tell from this picture, and this one, that Rania has simply drawn with the lip liner outside the outline of her lips (common trick for making lips appear fuller), plus she's using a very shiny gloss for a pouty look.
Still don't understand why she would want to look like that! She just seems to be trying so hard sometimes. It just makes her look like she really cares about what other people are saying about her, and she shouldn't you know what I mean. It seems a little insecure to over do it like that. But, that's just my humble opinion.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki
Still don't understand why she would want to look like that! She just seems to be trying so hard sometimes. It just makes her look like she really cares about what other people are saying about her, and she shouldn't you know what I mean. It seems a little insecure to over do it like that. But, that's just my humble opinion.
I see what you mean, its something you would see alot in the Arab world. Many women in the Arab world wear lip liner like that, its not nice but thats how they like it very common mistake which should be avoided.
besides that, she looked nice at the unesco jordanin night event. why didnt she go to Paris along with King Abdullah? it wouldve ben great to see her with President chirac & his wife
Old 04-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

yes its more common in the middle east although western women sometimes use that trick as well, so do asian women, either because they think their lips are thin or because they want their lips to look dramatic for a formal event.
I actually like it when Rania puts on dramatic eye makeup for a formal event. I doesnt happen much, at least not recently. Her makeup at the 2002 Arab Women's summit was stunning. It was quite dramatic but done in a tasteful way with a simple pant suit. Its still one of my all time favourite looks.
In the case of the recent UNESCO event, my guess is Rania went with more dramatic makeup since she was wearing a simple black dress. Although I wish she didnt wear brown lipstick/gloss so much, it can make her skin look dull at times.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Oman, Jordan Strive To Save the Lives of Motorists, Pedestrians

In the Middle East, Oman and Jordan are taking aggressive action to limit the carnage on the roadways. . .
. . . JORDAN’S TRAFFIC AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
Jordan is supporting a road safety campaign under the patronage of Queen Rania Al-Abdulla with the slogan “Imagine Life without You.” US Department of State

King Invites Palestinian, Israeli and US Officials to Discuss Peace Process

Amman, April 13 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II sent official invitation for Knesset Speaker Dalia Itzik and a number of Israeli peace supporters to visit Jordan and meet with King Abdullah by the end of this week. Petra
Old 04-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Gentry

I have to agree that putting on lip liner like that is never a good idea, she looks much better without it or really toned down. I just never think lip liner no matter how well applied looks well....natural. I don't think it does her any favours her lips are fine as they are.

Also, sometimes her eye make up can be quite dramatic perhaps a little too much so. She has fantastic eyes and she really doesn't need to go overboard in that area. In fact her dress, make up and hair all seem to be designed more for an evening event than a UNESCO meeting. I've seen her look more toned down and natural at similar events and that's the look she should stick with (and usually does nowadays).

Then again, we all can have "blips" in the way we dress or put on make up - if someone as beautiful as Rania can slip up sometimes then there is hope for us all!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Courtier

I wonder sometimes how she could feel if she should read all these comments about the lip liner etc. It must be unbearable to be judged every moment. I found her appearance at Unesco just beautiful and decent, I observed nothing bad, I don't believe there was something wrong with the lip liner. I saw the video and I admired her behaviour, the way she talked to the other people, I admired how she was respected, that the event was for her country to be honored. I admired that a young and model look woman is respected so much for her work. Yes, she wants to be stunning but she also does great work, she combines these two things with great success, she wants to be perfect in any field and the same time she is very low profile and wants more things from herself. QR without this beautiful character she has , she would be a common woman and we wouldn't have no interest in her.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite
In fact her dress, make up and hair all seem to be designed more for an evening event than a UNESCO meeting.
The UNESCO goodwill ambassadors annual meeting/"Night of Jordanian Treasures" show was an evening event.
check out some of the other guests:

Queen Rania and Lalla Meryem of Morocco
Queen Rania and Cecilia Sarkozy
Queen Rania and the first lady of Azerbaijan, Mehriban Aliyeva
First lady of Azerbaijan, Sheikh Ghassan and Princess Firyal of Jordan (click on the picture preview for its original size)

More from the UNESCO website:

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan visits UNESCO on the occasion of the show "Night of Jordanian Treasures" and the 2007 Goodwill Ambassadors Meeting

03-04-2007 10:00 pm On the occasion of the Annual Meeting of Goodwill Ambassadors, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan visited UNESCO on 3 April. During her visit, a cooperation agreement was signed between UNESCO and the Jordan River Foundation, which she chairs. “The Night of Jordanian Treasures”, a performance of Jordanian dances and music in Queen Rania’s presence followed the signing. UNESCO

On the occasion of the 7th Annual Meeting of UNESCO Goodwill Ambassadors, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan visits the Organization’s Headquarters

04-04-2007 6:00 pm On 3 April 2007, Mr Koïchiro Matsuura, the Director-General of UNESCO, opened the 7th Annual Meeting of UNESCO Goodwill Ambassadors at the Organization’s Headquarters. UNESCO
Old 04-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

King Meets Former Portuguese President
News
Old 04-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera
I actually like it when Rania puts on dramatic eye makeup for a formal event. I doesnt happen much, at least not recently. Her makeup at the 2002 Arab Women's summit was stunning. It was quite dramatic but done in a tasteful way with a simple pant suit. Its still one of my all time favourite looks.
do you have a picture?could you please post it?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

Queen Rania visits Um al-Rassas area (April 15)

Pictures from yahoo! news
Old 04-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMama
When I finished watching the royal tour I was amazed by king Abdullah, he is so simple that you forget that this man is the king of Jordan. I think he is the first king or leader did something like that he is so smart to view his country like that. I respect his work.
I totally I agree with you, I have been an admirer of his work since he ascended to the throne in 1999. I love Jordan and his work because of the moderate policies he provides for his country and foriegn relations.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana
Queen Rania visits Um al-Rassas area (April 15)

Pictures from yahoo! news
Thanks for the photos, they are very lovely, particularly the one with the little girl.